Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    They say that the production crossfire has 300M-like headlights.

I think they look like Pontiac Aztek headlights, almost identical.

I liked the concept Crossfire's lights much better.
  • hmk123hmk123 Posts: 122
    Happy New Year to everyone!

laurasdada - I know what you mean when you say that you are still a car guy. SUVs are very practical but to me they are still more like light trucks..

Just got the new Car&Driver where they tested 7 sports sedans. BMW 330i won again. CTS made number 4. 300M was not included since these were all cars with manual gearboxes. If you are a hard-core driver, I am sure something like an A4 or 330i is a killer machine. But price as tested for the BMW was $38900. Ouch. I don't get people who buy these kind of cars with an automatic as an interstate cruiser. Why not pay thousands less and have a much more comfortable car like a 300M or an Acura TL. Beats me...
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Has anyone here put bike racks on their M? I'm debating whether to put DC roof racks, after market roof racks (e.g. Thule, Yakima) or a trailer hitch for a rear-mounted bike holder. I've heard that the hitch hides mostly behind the rear bumper and isn't too bad looking, but I'd like to see it first. Anyone rack their car yet and have pictures? opinions?
  • sel714sel714 Posts: 35
    Thanks for the info on the sunroof drains. I hope it is just something as easy as the hose not sticking out of the grommet. If not what trim panels should need to be removed to check? The kick panel down by the parking brake? The wet spot seems to be right between the gas pedal and the brake pedal about where the heel of my right foot rests on the floor. If the sunroof drain is not the problem where are the body seams that would be the most likely to cause a leek in this area. I really love this car but I am concerned about the leek because I am already noticing a musty smell when get down to look at it.
    Thanks again sel714
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Here's a link to pics of both the new Crossfire and the 2004 Pacifica Hybird/SUV/Minivan thing. It's not that great looking but not bad. As for the Crossfire, I actually liked some of the concepts lines better, particularly the front--those headlights are ugly.

Well, here's the link:

http://www.thehollywoodextra.com/chrysler/chrysler.html

• The drivers out side mirror on my 300M is not the auto dimming type. Is there any way to convert to an auto dimming unit?
  • rstilprstilp Posts: 105
    Should we go t the beer store before or after the plant tour? :^)
  • rstilprstilp Posts: 105
    Should we go t the beer store before or after the plant tour? :^)
    Geezer300M
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Posts: 338
    and get some of that there LaBatts, eh? :)
  • Anyone know the price point of the Crossfire. Interesting looking car and a 5 speed to boot.

I saw the Chronos at the auto show and that was one nice vehicle. Wonder if it will make it to production. Any inside info, Ottoworker?

Went to my negative 2* on Friday. They replaced the window regulator, steering wheel, 2 door lock acutators and staighted out a twisted seat belt on the driver seat. They didnt have time to install my new front door speakers. Window is now creak free and no more door lock buzzing. Steering wheel has a rougher texture but is not as slippery as before and I think it will be more wear resistant. I think the steering wheel wear problem is related to the original being analine dyed as opposed to drum dyed. Analine dyed is almost like paint which can wear off. I believe the new wheel is drum dyed where the color gets deeper into the leather. Time will tell.

Hey Ottoworker: Do they sell Sam Adams and India Pale Ale in Canada? If not, I'll have to bring my own liquid refreshment if I make the Canadian club meet. When is this meet taking place?

Easyrider300M
  • Chrysler sales were off about 10% in 2001. They hope to break even in 2002 but dont sound very certain about meeting that projection. Here is the link to recent news: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020106/bs/autos_show_chrysler_dc_3.html

Hope this doesnt delay any new model introductions.

Easyrider300M

• ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    like I said - headlights are almost identical to Pontiac Aztek.

Also the grille looks quite different.

I guess now that the production car will be made on the MB SLK platform, the hood and the grille resemble the MB.
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Chrysler being made in Europe, on an MB platform. I will alway think of it as the baby SLK. Maybe the badge is made in Canada. Also too bad the styling has been "MB" (subdued), I will miss the old (90's) way of daring new designs.
  • full page article in this weeks issue--talks about the Crossfire and its use of Mercedes parts---expected to sell for about $35,000. They only expect to sell 20,000 vehicles in its first year.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    Well, dropping the HP down to 215 from 275 just cost them one of the guys who might have been included in the 20,000 1st year buyers.
  • ski1001ski1001 Posts: 27
    I have a 2k 300m and don't remember if there was a lighted key ignition. Anyone know if it should be lighted or not?

Mine does not light up and I'm not sure if it ever did.
  • 300m_vt300m_vt Posts: 32
    Nope. Not on the Y2k's (at least not mine) :)
  • tictac3tictac3 Posts: 78
    Went to the 2002 Philly Auto Show yesterday. As soon as you enter the main exhibition hall in the convention center, there, in all of its glory, is the 300 Hemi-C Concept car!!! The pictures that I have seen do not do it justice; it is absolutely gorgeous. My friend's words, when he saw it (and he's a Vette owner) "This is what I would think a four passenger Vette would look." By far, it was the best looking non-exotic there and it seemed to draw one of the larger crowds of gawkers! If you get a chance to go to the auto show (it runs through next Sunday), do so. But, be careful, you may slip on the drool all around the Hemi-C.
  • "full page article in this weeks issue--talks about the Crossfire and its use of Mercedes parts---expected to sell for about $35,000. They only expect to sell 20,000 vehicles in its first year."

If that's true, then how much will the new 300's be? They will be higher up the line so they would have to cost more.
  • I had the Dunlop SP Sport 9000's on the stock rims for a few months. 245-45-17's. Don't know if the A2's are going to be different, but my experience are that Dunlop's are VERY picky about rim width. I had nothing but pulling, & vibration problems using that size on the stock rims. I called Dunlop & they said it was a rim width issue, & refused to help me. I also found it VERY hard to get it alighned. I put a set of stock tires(michelins) on, & the M was straight, no pulling, no vibrations. Put the dunlop's back on, & these problems returned. However on the 18X8 rims I had these tires in the 245-45-18 size were perfect, & straight.
  • Have there been any updates on the progress of the custom grill project that someone had mentioned they were working on?
  • blondablonda Posts: 542
    Yes, I'm dealing with the Escondido dealer. Unfortunately I need to keep going to them until they finish what they started (especially since my car is no longer under the orig factory warranty). After I get the window trim fixed I'm definitely going to Poway or Carlsbad for any future problems.
  • Is there any way to tell if a 300M has the PHP/PHG by the vin number? I cannot look at the car so the vin is all I have.
  • lflowerslflowers Posts: 155
    The Dallas newspaper had an article on the Detroit show yesterday. They printed a picture of the Chrysler Pacifica and I am quite impressed with it's looks. The author of the newspaper article said it looks like a cross between a 300M and a BMW X5. It's lower than an SUV and appears more muscular than a station wagon or minivan.
    And as I was typing this message I just saw the Pacifica on the ABC Evening news and I like it's looks even more than I previously thought. I wouldn't give up my M for it though, I'm thinking perhaps that could be my wife's next car. Of course she will have something to say about that, I suppose. She has a congenitally bad back and selects a new car by trying the seats on (she hates the seats in my M).
  • ed12ed12 Posts: 100
    Turned in my 99 300M at the end of the lease. 55000 miles and the body was still solid, no creaks, no groans, like new.

Most interesting was the sales staff at he agency. In the past, I have seen Chrysler agencies where the staff is not too thrilled about the vehicles they were selling. Not now. The young people at this particular dealer really like the products they are selling. This particular dealer, a very small one, had already sold one SPecial and had another on the lot.

Ed
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    I didn't notice this through my first 3 winters, but this week I have noticed that my FM reception on even strong stations fades to static when I put the rear defroster on...

Anyone else experience this? The antenna and the defroster are obviously in close proximity...could there be a short somewhere?? I have no clue as to where to start troubleshooting this one...
  • I saw the Pacifica at the Indy auto show but it was on a turnstyle "guarded" by a slinky model in an evening gown. Your description of its appearance is right on. It has an intriguing quality that requires one to study it from several angles before admitting that it does look pretty good. One thing....and I told the model this (as if it would do any good), the name is all wrong. Doesn't match the visceral appeal of the vehicle at all.
  • russklassrussklass Posts: 389
    Any Chrysler dealer can run the VIN and give you a summary of the options.