Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    Before you tear that cluster out, I have something you should check. Try removing all the torx head screws that hold the cowl panel down, remove the wiper arms, and the cowl panels. Have the car driven to see if it still makes that noise. I found I had one long screw with the point of it rubbing a large aluminum support. Also be sure the two screws holding the bezel around the two heater hoses at the firewall are tight. You can see the hoses, bezel, screws by looking in from under the hood way back at the middle top of the firewall. I took my cluster out, center speaker, light sensor, upper dash, and was about to pull the whole dash out when I finally found the cause on my car.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    sdmike2 - Thanks --we can never see too many pics! Can you take a full top view pic, down towards the battery? TIA.

300michael - Yes, I'll be looking at my brake switch soon. For now, I'll just make sure I look before I walk away.
  • kimieskimies Member Posts: 22
    Talk tint to me...
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Okay, I have a quick question for you. Have been using my new Fuji 1400 all week, but have no idea how to save one of the pics! I do what it says to view them and it works, but when the pics are in Exif Viewer, there's no save button? I'm either loosing my mind or am doing something wrong. I just want to get the pics that I've taken, to the PC and uploaded. How do I do this? I never had this trouble with my other digicams!

Oh, 300mike, you and Otto's posts didn't scare me! I went out with a screwdriver and got as far as removing the bottom panel and then one of the steel plate screws with a 11mm wrench. Once here, I had other stuff to do and decided to put it back together. Maybe tomorrow?
  • uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    Took another look at my trim and did notice that the factory parts under the arm rests did look a little different from the factory installed dash trim and after market trim I installed on the console. Hold the part I sent you against the under the arm rest trim and see if that is a closer match.
    P.S. Love your K&N mods.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    I have a picture straight down into the battery well with the intake system removed, but not one of the Aircharger installed. Here's the battery well picture. http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/topdown.jpg. Let me know if you're looking for one of the installed unit.
    Darned JPG compression. I hate what it does to small lettering. Scott, if you can't read the labels on the above picture, just replace the .jpg with .gif. It's about double the size file, but there is no trouble reading the labels.
    Drag and drop. Just highlight the images on the right that you want to save (holding down the CTRL key) or go to "select all". Then navigate to where you want to store them, either within the program in the left window or in Windows Explorer, and then drag the selected pictures to the folder on your hard drive.
    I was thinking more with the Aircharger installed. Make damn sure that Basslink +12 wire doesn't get caught up in your air conditioner!

It's interesting seeing these views with a red car. I'm used to my black car, and pretty much everything in there is black.
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    Just to clear things up: Yep R&R = Remove and Replace.
    I haven't and don't plan on taking the headlamp housings out at this time. I just like to know how to get things apart in case the need comes up. Especially if the method isn't very obvious, which it isn't on the M.

I looked at the housings and KNEW the lenses would NEVER come off the way the manual states.
    Otto, you should bring it up at work that the published bulb replacement procedure is wrong in both the 2002 owners manual AND the 2002 service manual. Otherwise there may be some really pissed off owners who try to follow it and damage the headlight assemblies.

P.S. I swear the ONLY thing I've taken apart so far is to pop out the rear seat cushion so I could tuck down the front edge of the trunk carpet. It kept bunching up when I folded the seat back, but not anymore. ;)
    Well, to show off Christine II and the kind of pics taken with my new Fuji 1400 (also used by sdmike), here's a new pic. Just so beatiful!

Here's how far I actually did get:

As for the rattle, just to make sure that it actually is behind the gauges, I used the simple banging technique. When I wrapped my hand on the upper dash above the gauges, I could here whatever it is, in there rattling. Now, I just have to get to it!

• fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    beach15-

Ah.... finally pics of Christine II. Looking good despite everything she's been through.

fastdriver
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    if you hear a rattle when you hit the top of the dash I would put money on it being that nasty cross-car beam screw.
    You mean you've never seen the pics? I've had different ones up since we got the car back in October 2000. You must have just missed the links! So, how's the CL-S doing these days?
    Nice pictures...both the quality and the subject. Why are the evil ones so pretty? heh. Glad to see you got the Fuji figured out. ;)
    Here are two more pictures for you. The first is the air intake from the side, and the second is the picture from directly overhead of the battery area.

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/intake_side.jpg

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/intake_top.jpg

• 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Here is what I have reguarding tint. I have Quantum 37 on the side windows and 14 on the rear window. It carries a Lifetime warranty. It will hurt radio reception a little, but is easer to see out of.
  • alta_300malta_300m Member Posts: 54
    Well it finally got warm enough outside that I was able to take "Blue Belle" for a car wash, it pained me greatly to drive her around all soiled as she was. She is restored to the splendour she richly deserves.

Loved reading all your varied tastes in music...it seems to me that 300M owners share a lot in common...not only thrill of driving a great car, but also sharing basically the same music tastes.

Let me add a few of my many favourites that weren't mentioned.

Led Zeppelin - 'Kasmir' & 'Ramble On'
    Meat Loaf - 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light'& 'Bat Out of Hell'.
    The Alan Parsons Project - 'I Robot' & 'Psychobable'.
    The Coors - 'When he's not around' & 'Hopelessly Addicted'.
    Peter Gabriel - 'Shock the Monkey' & 'Sledgehammer'.
    Emerson, Lake and Palmer - 'Karn, Evil' & 'Jerusalem'
    Eurythmics - 'Would I lie to you'& 'Sweet Dreams'

I would think that DC instead of looking at adding satellite radio should consider installing a CD player that had a built in MP3 decoder, but I guess that makes too much sense!
    Has anybody attempted removing those butt ugly Air Bag warning stickers that are stuck onto the sun visors? The ones that you would have to be a contortionist to read! They seem to be stuck with 'Crazy Glue'.

I am worried that by trying to remove them I may damage the visor material or at least leave even uglier scarring behind. I know by removing them it is probably illegal, but they bug the hell out of me.
    Have any of our 'Canadian Brethren' purchased or at least looked into purchasing an Infinity Basslink in Canada. I have visited a few dealers in Edmonton and most have not even heard that Infinity offers such a product and I am too scared to even ask what it may cost to order one in for me!

Also has anybody installed the optional Infinity BassLink LC Remote with their Basslink installation. I would like to install a Basslink, but the only way I could convince the wife is have the LC Remote also installed. I love my bass and she hates it, so this way we both could adjust the line output level from the drivers seat when we take turns behind the wheel.

If I was to install the LC Remote I was thinking of installing it inside the ashtray so that the ashtray cover will hide it. Will it fit in there?
    If I want to eliminate the bass down to stock levels I simply move the equalizer control down. Since the basslink takes your systems bass signal and amplifies it through it's own amp, turning it down at the equalizer is similar to going in the trunk and turning it down. You'll likely find that you don't need the remote to accomplish what you're discussing. Comments from others?
  • denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    I hated those warning stickers, too. My solution was to cover them up:

http://www.btjdesign.com/300m/visors.html
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Member Posts: 226
    If nobody has done it here, you may want to go to

http://www.prowleronline.com and do a search on the general discussion board. I recall somebody posting a how to removal there.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I have not looked into the baselink, but I understand if you go to Ebay you might find them, but not sure on the Canadian site. It will probably cost a fortune in Cdn bucks.

I also noted that most of the M owners that have posted do have similar tastes in music, and yes I also ran Alan Parsons through my cassette drive to-day, and yes my car is a mess, but the line-up was unreal at the local carwashes. Our RAT did see his shadow to-day so hope we will soon have car washing weather.
    Thanks for the tip. I did search the site and found several threads. There seems to be three solutions to this problem.

1. Most prowler owners removed their visors altogether
    2. Others used solvents to remove the stickers. Note: The prowler visors are vinyl! I don't think we should be trying that on the fabric in the 300M's. It sounded like a complex procedure
    3. Others have covered them up with something less intrusive.

There has to be a solution to this somewhere.
  • 300mike300mike Member Posts: 20
    I haven't tried this but what about using "Goo Gone"? It supposedly removes all types of things even on fabric.
    Don't use goo gone on the cloth, it will permanently discolor it. I would suggest covering it up, maybe with a piece of matching contact paper or something similar. At least it's not stuck on the glove box like with other cars I've seen. ugh
    Some days you don't know whether you're gonna eat the bear, or if the bear is gonna eat you... Went to the Y tonight for a swim with the family and I went to see my enemy, the scale. Well, the good news is that I've lost a few more lbs and for the first time in several years I'm UNDER 200! Yay. However, 10 minutes after we got home my youngest son took a spin ride in my office chair (yes, I've told him 100 times not to do it) and fell off and broke his arm. Three hours at urgent care, a splint, and come monday a cast. *sigh*
  • 300mike300mike Member Posts: 20
    Sorry to hear about your son and his accident. I have two children (6 years and 2 years) and they are always keeping us on pins and needles.

I have a three simple questions about your aircharger.

1. Is it fairly simple to add or did you take it to a mechanic?
    2. What was the total cost?
    3. Is there an increase in performance....basically, was it worth it?

Thanks and best wishes to your son.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    On Canadian cars we actually put another French and English sticker on top of the one that is on the English only U.S visor. The Canadian sticker is a crappy one that will peel and fold up on the edges over time. If your careful you can peel these off ,but underneath is just another that is not removable . In Canada everything has to be in French and English for the 1 freaking percent who actually speak French . As you can tell I don't speak French EH!!
    It was very easy to install and took Glennbp and I about an hour...half of which was BSing. Granted, he DID put one in a week earlier, so I didn't even have to open the instructions. The existing parts come off very easily, and the new unit goes in smooth as silk. It is obviously constructed exactly for the M as everything fit perfectly using existing holes, grommets and several existing bolts. The total cost from martel brothers was $229 plus $10 shipping (US). It came directly from K&N in California. For your final question, yes, I believe it was worth it. I haven't put the car on a dyno but my "seat of the pants" reaction is that I added some power to the car. I think that with my dual exhaust, the Bosch plugs and this Air Charger I'm significantly faster than stock. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the good wishes. This little guy is tough as heck. I knew he was going to be the first one broken. lol
    Mike
    Install some Caselogic visor CD holders.
    Thanks!
    See something in there that will help you with franken-intake?
  • achanceachance Member Posts: 106
    Anyone have any experience yet with an Air Charger in a cold climate? Does it make the 300 any more cold-natured than it already is? BTW, I found a simple solution to the changing the headlights thing; take it to the dealer!
    I pulled one off but it still left the white backing on which I'm positive you can't get off. What we need is something like those shown at the attached site. Unfortunately they are oval,and wouldn't cover the rectangular stickers as we have on the M's. I'll keep looking.

http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptwvplaqueguide.html
    beach15-

Guess I did miss them. Maybe you posted them last summer when I was in FL with limited computer access. Started to catch up on messages when I got home, but there were too many to read. I did mark where I left off though. Hope you find that rattle. Looks like you got some good hints where to look. My car is perfect. 12,200+ miles since 3/28/01. No problems yet! ;-))

sdmike2-

Sorry to hear about your son. You do have your hands full. Boys are always into something! Glad you found the plug for the engine heater! ;-)) You just might need it someday. Does your neighbor still have a car like mine? Have they had any problems? Does it look as shiny as mine? ;-))

fastdriver
    Further to my post 13037 I've e-mailed PT warehouse to see if there supplier would produce the recatangular ones we need for the M's. I later saw that the actual manufacturer was
    KG Design Group who was offering a discount to the PT club members. I can't find this company on the net. Any one else want to try. Also take a look an the PT group site. The black background with the gold emblem and lettering looks good too.
    Still haven't dug into it fully, but I would also bet money that it's the cross-car beam screw that attatches the back of the IP to the beam. It sounds exactly like that. Now, I just have to fully get up in there (without being yelled at I hope!).
    Since you've all been talking about the tunes you listen to in your M's, I thought I tell you about what we rock out to. It's my mothers car, and her favorite band of all time is Journey. Thus, she has several of their CD's & tapes. Also, and most notably, guess what are license plate says?--JOURNEY. In addition, most of what she's been listening to lately is Bon Jovi, both older and new, and she still has a few new BeGees CD's in the console that she really like to listen to. AC DC and Def Leopard are also very popular tunes in the CD changer.

The license plate, though, is what people notice. We did have someone at a gas station actually ask about it and they told us it was also a favorite group of theirs. Here's the vanity plate:

• ajpiiiajpiii Member Posts: 260
    Well guys I went to the autoshow last night and fell in love... They had the Hemi C... Cant wait to buy one ! I took some pics if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ajpiii page 3

I have these pics in 1536x1024 resolution if anyone wants them... Cardomain kills the resolution...

beach15-

NICE plate. That's even better looking than our Long Island Sound plate! Very tasteful.

fastdriver
    ajpiii-

Thanks for the pics! There's NO question that it's a BEAUTY! Imagine that in Inferno Red! WOW!! They will have a REAL winner if they get it right this time!

fastdriver
    Have you thought of dyeing the remainder of the label to match your visor? A craft or cloth store should carry a color to match your visor.
    Parked in my driveway would look great in any color:)
    Rogor, you should see about getting us all a Club discount on the Hemi C's when they come out, OK?
    ohmygod
    I don't talk with that neighbor much so I'm not sure how things are going. You'd be disappointed, her car is always filthy. :(
    Can I put a link to that wallpaper on my 300m page? If so, do you plan on keeping it there or should I put it on my own servers?
    I did not sleep much last night! Pondering the Air Bag Sticker problem. This morning I read your post about the PT Crusier visor plagues (they do look classy) and I believe covering them up is probably the best solution.

A silver plaque with the Chrysler logo and wing or the "300M" logo (black on silver) would look great. I will do some searching on the internet today too, I am sure most graphics companies would custom make these - for a price!