Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• avalanche165avalanche165 Posts: 558
    man jason, that 300 was pushin 383HP!!!! with a nitrous kit in there too. that would be nice and all to have but, i'm with you on the tranny. and i would like to throw in this and that, but, i dont' wanna be the one on teh side of the road with a blown tranny ya know? abuot that spoiler, haha, yea i gotta make it fit, that is not the one i got, it was laying around the shop so i threw it on there for a quick sec, but something very similiar. so i'm lookin around right now, any good places to go???
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    The Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club is now offering some very nice Club logo embroidered shirts for sale to members only. Sorry, our copyright agreements with Chrysler prohiblt us from selling these to non-members.

Check us out at http://www.300mclub.org
    We're the only non-Internet 300M Club in existence. We're planning Club rallies in Monterey CA and Detroit MI in August. We're all still loyal to Town Hall because that's where the idea for the Club began. So .... don't choose one or the other, choose BOTH.

Yours 300Mly,
    Roger Waters, President
    Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
    http://www.300mclub.org
  • phases78phases78 Posts: 471
    the trunk stripped easily. didnt even heat the glue... just got some dental floss (more durable than thread) and 'sawed' behind the emblem and 'chrysler'. now all thats left is the keyhole...... anyone?
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    This is great, watching as you do some fairly significant bodywork to your M. More pics!

What's next -- doors that pivot or swing up instead of swinging out?
  • mykemmykem Posts: 203
    What's next -- doors that pivot or swing up instead of swinging out?

Yeah right... if that's the case I'll have to see it before I believe it.

I would have said, though, that no one would have done that... but avalanche might just do it...

Doubtful though.

-m
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    My family would never let me hear the end of it, if I did that to my car. Besides it is hard to mod this car on 27K a year. Love what you are doing (most of it anyway). Keep us posted. I do have some emblem work, but it has to wait a week for the post office's claim department to inspect my damaged emblems.
    One question though, since you removed the passanger door handles, why didn't you remove the front door ones as well and have remote intery. Most of the custom and lo-rider magazines have companies listed. spoilers-4-less has built in LEDs if you use the suffix L insted of N.
    PS wait a little while this time before talking about your Mods on the chat room this wednesday, as I will be about an half hour late to it again. (missed your mods last week)
    I've not seen that much Bondo(tm) or whatever body filler you're using on a car since my neighbors Chevy Vega!

-m
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    I am sure the Mod bug will bite you again.
    ok someone squealed! who was it!! grrrrrrrrr....we had a pact going, there was like 5 of us in that chat room, we had a little cult going, i see someone has broken the faith....hhaha, ok enuff babble. seriously tho, whoever said about tho doors, earlier in one post i said my next mod will "blow your doors off....." trust me on this, i mean literally.....
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    That must be it...he's removing the doors totally and you hvae to get into the car through the sunroof...or maybe the front windshield opens. ;)
    naw thats not bondo myke. when u wanna do a cheap, fast, half-[non-permissible content removed] job, u go bondo. it wil fall out in a week, trust me, my friends learned the hard way. what i did, for my brake light, keyhole, emblems on front fenders, door handles, and wahtever else i shaved but can't think of, i welded. u can bondo, or u can weld, WELD, especially on a car like this. can't wait to finish up...thursday/friday. and put my selanoids in too, remote open. as for all door handles shaved, with what i'm gnona do it wouldn't go well.......
  • ajpiiiajpiii Posts: 260
    Ive been on a business trip to asia the last couple of weeks (Philippines & Taiwan) and have been going through M withdrawal... You guys on this bored have been giving me the little fix I need to keep me going... That is until today... One of the guys here in Taipei actually owns an M !! I was so happy to see one... When he saw my background on my laptop and said "Thats My Car!" I didnt believe it... but sure enough he took me out to the parking lot and there it was... a green M just sitting there surrounded by toyotas... I feel so much better now...

By the way... Avalanche... How can I get me one of them there hood scoops ???
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    Way Cool Club clock face! Can't wait to get it installed.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    No we do not build cars at certain times of the day, they come down the line all mixed .So a 300 should be as good as an Intrepid. J.D Powers survey is done by the customer ,so maybe a 300 owner is more critical of the car than an Intrepid owner. A problem reported by the 300 owner may not be reported by the Intrepid owner . As most 300 owners are car enthusiasts , passionate about the car, to an Intrepid owner its just transportation. ...otto
  • panda11panda11 Posts: 5
    Can anyone educate me on tinting windows? I want it done but have put it off due to worrying it would bubble or be otherwise fake looking. I am interested in privacy as well as UVA and UVB protection. I have picked up that I want to ask for metallic and have it placed on the inside of the windows. What else do I need to know and what should I expect to pay? My M is champagne. Thanks for the help.
  • Scotian, you've outdone yourself! That's pretty!!
  • tucsongiltucsongil Posts: 116
    Hello Gang!

I just got back from taking the familia to Puerto Penasco, Mexico(aka Rocky Point). It's a 3.5 hour drive(2.5 AZ. and 1 hr Mex.) from Tucson to the beaches there. Did quad riding on the beach and banana boat riding. I drove the my '96 Sable for I do not have a bra for my "M", so I did not want to drive it down there.

Phases: The Hujo dual exhaust is a bit noisy at 65 mph plus. It is sweet at idel and mid range, but a bit noisy at higher speeds. There are two ways to tone it down with the Hujo set-up. One is on Rhino Muffler 921. Rhino makes a muffler with that has two 2 1/4 inch outlets(the 921 has two 2.5 outlets). This will quite the tone down. Second is a Magnaflow Resonator muffler #10416 just after the Magnaflow collector muffler. Michael Hujo did this to his "M" and said that it mellowed the tone by about 33%. I have copy of his email to me and I can send it to you to read if you like. LMK.
  • tucsongiltucsongil Posts: 116
    Mike, that rear of your "M" is way too cool! Looks a bit like a Caddie STS from the rear.

Avalanche, dude you got a James Bond special going on there! Chill.......

Mobil One oil filters. Super KMart has them, but they are ten bucks! ouch!!!!!!
    any decent place will give you lifetime warrany. u want Llumar tint. it ran me $165. 25 per window, 45 for back windshild, and then 20 bucks for that strip running along top of front windshield. tint : the lower the %, the darker. check your state laws. they vary a lot. In MD, 35% is legal limit, i have 15% because 35% is like no tint at all, it sucks. check out my pics 15% is pretty dark and i think majority of guys have it on here. fuzzywuzzy even got a ticket for it. u can get this phat mirror tint too but, you'll get pulled over in a hurry....tell us what you decide to do. there is a 20, and 25% application too if 15% is too dark for ya....
    almost finished fellas....remember chat tonight! 10:00 EST, so like it would be 7:00 for you cali beach bums (lucky). sdmike, i saw that palm tree in your pic and am envious. i live up up in the mountains, so we got good views, and scenery, and blah blah blah but no palm trees :(
    there reply to my email

"Dear avalanche165, in regard to your question, we have not experienced any transmission problems from our 383hp."

so.........i may get back into this whole engine fever. i fell out cuz tranny is not capable of handling. thing is, how often do these guys drive this car? how fast, how hard, etc.... jason, where'd u find out that our cars have weak tranny's to handle 300hp+. how would someone find this out on any car? and what can we do to increase it. i had this idea way back to swap with a prowler transmission. found 3 wrecked prowlers in Hagerstown, MD, 2 with good tranny, one with good engine.
  • hataxhatax Posts: 56
    I think the most inspiring upgrade you could do to the drivetrain would be a new transmission, although it would be a huge undertaking, a ZF 5 speed has shown to increase 0-60 times of more than a second when a 4 speed was setup with the 5 speed it was more like 1.5 seconds.... Now where do we get one and a controller?? =) There ya go avalanche, sounds like it's right up your alley! =D
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Posts: 958
    I got the info from others on this board including Ottowrkr. It does make sense that the 300M's tranny is good for at least 300HP. That is what is supposed to be in the Special coming out in mid 2002. It will have the same tranny. That 383HP comes from NOS. So it's not on all the time, & only gets used at WOT. They are maybe pushing 300hp, or the stock 253hp with out it. So again no one knows for sure how the 300M's drivtrain will hold up with a constant 300+HP everyday, with a lead foot like me behind the wheel. The prowler idea has been discussed. The prowler's tranny is not the exact same. It is configured for RWD, & beefed up a bit. In order to swap in the complete tranny, you would need to convert the 300M to RWD, which is next to impossiable. However, parts out of the prowler tranny could be swapped in. Although it makes no sense to do that when you can put in better more durable tranny parts while you are rebuilding it. That is the only way to make it stronger. Tear it apart & replace most of the pieces with HD ones.
    A tranny swap with the 300M would be especially tricky because the engine is mounted straight as opposed to sideways like most FWD cars. I think it would have to be custom. I'm sure someone can talk to a good performance transmission shop for ideas.
    Ok..totally off topic (don't flame me, please), I'm looking to identify and acquire the Dick Dale guitar music that plays in Disney's Space Mountain in Orlando. You can email me at mritchie@vicinity.com if you have any leads. :)

Thanks
    I found it. :))

-M
    so what was it? one more post won't hurt!

-m
    I doubt you could solve any of them. Welcome back. How was the trip? I've had some good times in the Keys.