Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Odyssey Owners-Meet the Members

Comments

• I also have a concern about my new Odyssey EX fuel gauge. The indicator needle comes to very close to Empty when only 13-14 gallons are consumed and lights the gas reserve indicator. The tank capacity is 20 gal, so I would expect it should be in reserve when 16-18 gallons used. At half of gauge, only 6-7 gallons are used. I taken it to the dealer twice. The first time they replaced the "sending unit" but still didn't read right. The second time they said it is a "feature" of the Odyssey. I say I am not getting the benefit of having a 20gal tank. Is this a "feature" or do I have problem with my VAN???? If not, how do you keep track of gas?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019
    I spoke to Dana/Community Manager and they are trying to get all the Club chats set up on

Tuesdays: 4-5pmPT/7-8pmET

-or-

Thursdays: 5-6pmPT/8-9pmET, 6-7pmPT/9-10ET, 7-8pmPT/10-11pmET (This last time would be kind of late for East coast, but is available if you want it.)

The first scheduled chat would be March 6 or 8.

Let me know what time works for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hello,

My name is Dan and I'm a proud owner of a '99 Odyssey. I have been reading entries of Odyssey owners for some time and felt I had better start posting a little. I live in the Toledo, Ohio area and have seen some other owners from around the area I believe, so if you wish to compare dealerships, please email me.
  • gessgess Posts: 90
    Do you have an LX or EX? Have you had any problems from one of the first model year vans?
  • I have an EX model. Since purchasing it, I initially had some driver side sliding door issues which seem to have be worked out via the dealership. I've learned to make sure the contact pads for the sliding doors are clean so that a false alarm doesn't sound. Also the fuel gage (sensor??) had to be replaced; it was giving me false readings. Lastly my molding for the roof rack and the passenger door weatherstrip had to be replaced/resecured twice =( I'm currently in the mist of getting an extended warranty and found that 935.00 is the best I can do around here(toledo, oh). Also of note Honda does offer a 1yr payment plan no interest for those thinking of picking up an extended. Overall, I must say this mini-van has been the best experience I've had owning a vehicle.. thus far =)
  • Hi Karen and all other members...I feel like I've joined an well renowned group!...My name is Steven...after realizing that my '92 Eagle Summit was on its way out (2 gears still worked and it tended to move better sideways than forward!), ended up, after much (re)searching, with a 1997 Odyssey LX...first time I ever bought out of emotion...(or was it the dealer's sales pitch?)...so far after a week, the van has driven well...kids like the moon roof and rear (aka 'secret') seat...while pretty much deciding on the Odyssey early on, reading the
    comments/trials/travails of the members helped in the selection...looking forward to hearing from others...will have some questions to ask, but will save those for another time...thanks!...ss
  • alaraalara Posts: 2
    Hello everyone. My name is Javier and I just bought my wife and kids a silver '01 EX. They loved it from the minute they set eyes on it. Paid sticker price in Joliet. Hope to drive it forever...
  • Hi everyone, I just joined the Odyssey Club..... My name is Kevin....I am only 19 years old..... My car is 99 Ex Canyon Stone Silver model and is Canadian edition.... At my age most of the teens chose Civic or Prelude for their car... but I love my odyssey because is SPACING, nice handling and good performance.... Hope all of our members all enjoy of their Odyseey....=)
  • neech7neech7 Posts: 23
    Hi everyone! My name is Chris and my family and I have a 2000 Odyssey EX, GOLD color (that's Mesa Beige to the ignorant ones! ;-)). We've had it since Feb 2000, after a 1.5 month wait. Anyone from the Seattle area looking for an Odyssey, but can't get it for MSRP should talk to me. I know of at least two dealerships willing to do MSRP.

Hope to put the new style fog lights and amber-color rear turn signal lights on the van sometime in the future. And perhaps replace the "Odyssey" emblem at the back with "La Great", to make it stand out more in the crowd.

The van is primarily my wife's vehicle. I drive a 1998 Accord LX. I am a big Honda fan. My last four vehicles have all been Hondas. And my mom had a 1979 Civic that was virtually unbreakable.

I hope to see some kind of "exchange program" between North American Odyssey owners and Japanese La Great owners, like swapping of accessories not found on either side. Also, would be interested in knowing how to add EX level "upgrades" like auto climate system and homelink to an LX (this is mainly for my Accord, but I'm sure some Ody LX owners would be interested too.)
  • scusiscusi Posts: 2
    I test drove a Honda with a Navigation system and it had the compass/temp in the rearview mirror. Does the Odyssey EX (without navigation system) have it? I forgot to ask the dealer when I was shopping.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    The compass and outdoor temp. do not come on the Odyssey. It is NOT even an option. That was a dealer installed extra.
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• phil47phil47 Posts: 394
    Would that be a new feature for us, or a new revenue generating device for Edmunds... :-)

Just kidding. I know it's voluntary and that it's a good way to get manufacturers to listen to concerns.
    Why, phil47, whatever do you mean???? ;-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• from So. Calif. We got our '01 EX this past Saturday afternoon and can't wait to give it a good road test. I find the looks and handling to be the best in its class. While we were considering 2 other makes I am glad we stuck it out and got the Odyssey. I just wish the customer could have more control of the purchase process intead of here it is...take it or leave it. I am looking forward to learn more from other owners.
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• rictomrictom Posts: 76
    Karen: I was wondering how the posts with actual solutions-or at least worthwhile attempts for some of the ODY's problems could be moved/copied to the problemns/solutions area of the Ody club. In the regular Ody forums (Odyssey xxx and Problems VII) there have been posts that include solutions. Since you and Drew and Steve probably read every post--when you come across a solution or suggested solution can't you zip it into the problems solutions area? Wouldn't that cut down on the repeated posts asking the same question "does anyone know of a fix for ______?"

Thanks
  • 3senough3senough Posts: 17
    Hi my name is Serra. I have three boys and we were getting squished in our 4-runner. We wanted an Odyssey, but when my husband work car died suddenly a few months ago I knew we couldn't be carless while waiting for a new Odyssey. I excited to find a 2000 EX with Nav in Canyon Stone Silver a few hundred miles away. It was a Honda factory reps vehicle which I'm sure receive good care. My husband is anti-used car, so this was a big feature for us. I have been very pleased. I have had no problems with doors, transmisson clunks, gas sloshing, right pull or any other problems posted in the problems forum. The gas milege has been good and I adore the navigation system.
    I am so glad that I didn't have to settle for a different van because of availability. This van has made loading an unloading the boys a pleasure instead of an ordeal, the power doors have changed my life. I also love the amount of groceries I can stick in the well and none of them roll around, plus I can store the double-stroller upright so it takes up very little room. I don't mind if the sound system is not great. We mainly seem to listen to children's cds which unfortunately sound the way they sound dispite the system. All in all Mom is happy, and when Mom is happy everyone's life is easier.
    That is a great idea, BUT hosts are not allowed to move Town Hall member's posts. All I can suggest is that someone take it upon themselves to post the known problems and solutions in that discussion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• kelsenkelsen Posts: 10
    Karen, you can copy it, can't you? Leaving it where you found it, as opposed to moving it?

Dave Kelsen.
  • bwminbwmin Posts: 4
    I just picked 01 SS EX up. It took 6 weeks to get. I paid slightly less than MSRP and got free air deflector. The salesperson at the dealer treated me very well. However, attitude of a business manager there was pretty bad. Since I know the extended HCW price over the web, I declined her expensive HCW offer ($1615?) for 7yrs/100k/$0. When I told her detail, she just started to ignore me and my wife. Although my paper work was not done, she laodly talked to somebody outside her office with a little biy mad face. Anyway, it's OK. There is no reason for me to spend extra money to make her happy. Besides, I got pretty good car at relatively good price from nice salesperson. My first drive was pretty good, too. All the information from edmunds and honda-odyssey were very useful. If I knew the information earlier than my order, I could have received better offer than my purchase. Nonetheless, I'm happy so far. Thanks to all who have shared their info with me in the owner's club forums.
    Yes...OR, you can do this.

kelsen Apr 9, 2001 12:07pm

From the TH help document:

TIP: To create a link to another post, find the number identifying the post you wish to create a link to. It will say #369 of 370, and the first number, in this case 369, will be an underlined link.

Right-click (for PCs) or control-click (for Macs) on the first, linked, number and select "Copy link" to clipboard from the popup menu. Go down to the post box and select Paste from the Edit menu for your browser. Something will appear that looks like this pasted into the postbox:
    townhall-talk2.edmunds.commilindc "Honda Accord 4" Oct 13, 2000 5:47am

This URL will be turned into a link by the software automatically when the message is posted. When the message is posted, it will look something like this: author-of-message Jan 7, 2001 7:55pm

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• dhl6982dhl6982 Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,
    Nice to meet you!
    My name is Don. I live in Glendale, California.
    This van is for my daughter, Vivian (2 1/2yrs) and New baby (expecting end of Aug. 2001).
    I purchased 2001 Granite Green Feb 14, 2001 from Gardena Honda. This was a gift for my wife.
    We really love our Odyssey and I feel much safe when we drive together.
    Thanks for your time.
    I will write more later.
    Don. :0
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Is anyone out nearing the end of your lease, or maybe even not that close to the end, but are already getting offers to buy the vehicle from the lessor? It doesn't matter if you plan to take the offer or not. Does this describe your situation? If so, please post your story in our discussion Talk to the Press, or respond directly to Jeannine Fallon, our PR Director at Edmunds jfallon@Edmunds.com. As always, your identity will be protected at your request.

Thanks much!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• mcrjskmcrjsk Posts: 1
    After shopping for nearly a year for next vehicle, we settled on the Oddyssey GG LX back in March. We just picked it up last night. I think my 2 1/2 year old son is just as excited about it as my wife and I. The van replaces my 9 year old Honda Civic with 160,000+ miles (still runs like the day I bought it!)

This was a huge upgrade for me, but We're a little older and I bought that civic right out of college. The big reason for the upgrade is we are expecting twins in October. So, with a toddler and two more on the way... it didn't take us long to realize the civic wouldn't cut it ;-)

I hope to spend some more time on the board and share our ownership experiences.

Jeff
    Congrats on your purchase! And good luck with those twins! Have you checked into car seats yet? I'm sure some of the Odyssey members have recommendations to offer.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• jimzimjimzim Posts: 3
    My name is Jim and my Wife Terri and I bought a GA 2000 EX Odyssey from Honda
    Cars of Bellevue in Omaha, Nebraska last May. We have had it one year and are very
    happy with it. The dealer was great. We were able to get it at MSRP and then we
    had mud flaps, floor mats and cargo tray added with no cost. We did get the 7/100,000
    for $895.00. We did have a problem within the first month the A/C was making a clicking
    noise and they replaced the compressor. We now have a slight problem with it pulling to
    the right. We only have 11,000 miles on it. I did see an early posting that advised of a
    bulliten about the pull factor. It is nice to be able to talk to other Odyssey owner's to hear
    about the trails and tribulations we go through in dealing with Honda/Dealers. Thanks for
    a Great site. ...JIMZ...
  • bjk2001bjk2001 Posts: 358
    Hi guys:

My name is Ben from So California. I have been reading and posting some comments @ edmunds for a while. We finally pick up our 01 GG EX Friday night. Guess I could join ths club now.
    Regards,

Ben
This discussion has been closed.