Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MB M-Class Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• cavman2xcavman2x Posts: 26
    I am Gary from NJ. I just bought a 01 ML320 for the wife. This is her first SUV, she finally got the "van thing" out of her system. She got tired of being taxi-mom. This was the only SUV she liked. She hated the size, looks, or ride of everything else. The only other one we considered was the MDX but we couldn't get one till 6-01. Were glad we didn't. All said the ML seemed like a better value with the MDX going for over MSRP$. We are both looking forward to a rewarding experience. In all honesty I haven't been this excited about a new car since my 81 Mustang Cobra (aah...to be 20 again!!)Lately cars have been a necessary evil that would be punished (sold) as soon as they started disrespecting me. I am sure that won't be the case here. Later, G
  • ememelememel Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm Michelle from California. I'm the happy owner of a 2000 ML320. I used Edmunds quite a lot to help me decide on my purchase last April, and have continued to find it a great source for information.
    See you around!
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    Where at in CA you from? BTW welcome to the crowd.. I'm from SOCAL.
  • walcwalc Posts: 11
    I'm Lee Clarke from Salisbury, MD, USA.
    I traded my 2000 E55 for a 2001 ML430, at Phillips Mercedes, in Virginia Beach, VA, a month ago.
    I liked the E55 very much; but, I wanted an suv and couldn't afford both. I'm quite pleased with the ML; despite the fact that the power steering rack/steering box had to be replaced at 600 miles.
  • ememelememel Posts: 5
    Me and my ML are in Los Angeles.
    Michelle
  • Hi,
    I'm the prospective owner of a M-Class car in Germany. Can anyone tell me whether there is an option to get TV reception via the Comand system?
    Thanks, Matthias
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• lionahtlionaht Posts: 2
    proud owner of a '00 ml430 with m3 package...11k miles, black opal...BEAUTIFUL
  • sduff1sduff1 Posts: 11
    I'm Sam. Last Sept I went to Vance, AL and p/u my black/java 00 ML320 loaded: phone, cd, 3rd seat, heated seats. I just love it! I've had a 00 GMC Yukon XL and a 99 Navigator, hated the gas mileage. I have 18000 miles on it now with no major problems. I'm interested in the 2002 new stuff. I'll upgrade to that one just for the new look! I put the ML55 grill, chrome headlight and marker light rings, chrome rings @ a/c controls. Looks much better. I have a "Stowaway" that I can carry extra luggage in so my 2 boys can have their own seats...
    Sam
  • fried13fried13 Posts: 7
    Bought the wife an ML430. Traded a 97 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Ride is worth it. Having some problems wih radio/gps - acts as if overheating and shuts down - 3 times since puchase. Still a warranty issue, but has anyone had the same experience?
    Fried
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• cjgordoncjgordon Posts: 32
    Hi from the Big Easy. Just purchased flawless '99 ML320 with 14,000 miles on it for $28,000. Other than sunroof, brush bar, and side rails, no bells and whistles. I added CD changer and Thule rack for my windsurfer.

Chris Gordon
    New Orleans
  • Hay this is KINGSCORPIAN from New York, Take a look

M3 Package - Memory Feature for Power Front Seats

Power Front Seats

Privacy Glass

Bose Premium Audio System with Integrated 6-disc CD Changerose Premium

Power tilt/sliding tinted Sunroof

Mudflaps, Window Vent Visors

Front & Rear Grill Guard With Side Steps and Tail Light Guard

Stainless Steel Tail Pipe Tip

Hansfree Speaker Phone

Tweeters in front doors

Here is the link.Please copy & paste in your browser

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1432089&a=12827804&f=0

This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Is anyone out nearing the end of your lease, or maybe even not that close to the end, but are already getting offers to buy the vehicle from the lessor? It doesn't matter if you plan to take the offer or not. Does this describe your situation? If so, please post your story in our discussion Talk to the Press, or respond directly to Jeannine Fallon, our PR Director at Edmunds jfallon@Edmunds.com. As always, your identity will be protected at your request.

Thanks much!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• bombetsbombets Posts: 2
    My name is Rick and I am new to this forum. I have a 2000 Black ML320 with 17000 miles. This is my first Mercedes and I love it despite the fact that I've had a visit too many to the dealership for minor problems.
  • Im sorry, i dont own an M-Class, its a nice car, but id figure that since i have an SUV built by Mercedes-Benz, that i can chill in here until a G-Class chat is formed.

I own a 1996 Mercedes-Benz Gelaendewagen G500 4dr, which i bought from Europa Imports in Santa Fe, New Mexico. That is the only dealership in the US that sells them( until 2002 when all Mercedes dealerships will recieve them) It really is a great truck that i recommend to anyone who is interested. If you are not familiar with it, it is basically an S-Class version of an SUV. They have the G320, G420, G500, and AMG G55. They come in Coupes, Convertibles, and Four Door models.

I also own an S500, which i bought for my wife. I purchased it from EuroMotorcars in Bethesda, Maryland. Great dealership which also services my G-Wagen.
    I hope you don't mind telling us how much did you pay for your "G" back then, You know you can get it for les than a 100K when the new one comes out.
    enjoy it and welcome to the board. Have you done any off roading with your "G"? tell us something about it.
  • um, back in 96 my G500 was just under $145k. the 2002 one will be around $72k. I really feel sorry for the people who JUST got there g-wagens like a 2000 or 2001 model, they are the ones who will commit suicide. I took it offroading once in Virginia with some buds way back in 96 and i remember stopping, saying to myself "What am i doing?", this car is great offroad, dont get me wrong, but i remembered that for some reason if i dented it or crushed it, than i would have lost mucho dinero. So, the first thing i did was get out of the mountains and i headed home for the garage. I take it out only about 4 or 5 times a month to keep the miles down. So right now, it has just over 42,000 miles on it, and i dont think its that bad for a 1996. But i try to enjoy it as much as possible or else its not worth it.
    for the response..You are right just enjoy what we have now and and no ones know how long we are going to live...Life is short...
    Thanks.
  • '01 ML-320, M1, M7, sunroof, Bose and heated seats. Desert Silver/Java.
  • djdjdjdj Posts: 111
    Black, ash leather, skyview roof (didn't really want it but liked the car and one hour after I got it home I loved it), M1, heated seats. I love this vehicle. Its got 19K miles so I don't have to worry about break-in period.
    Didn't add anything yet, but am debating a CD changed and brush bar with lights.
    Wish it weren't raining today so I could open the top...on the all the unnecessary errands I am running today just to drive it.
  • gpvsgpvs Posts: 214
    Congratulations on your ML. I had the same feeling when I first got my ML. Volunteered for all the errands just so I can drive around with the new car.
    Edmunds.com is looking for Community Leaders for MB M-Class Owners. Anyone interested? It isn't difficult and about the only thing we ask is that one CL attend the weekly chat.

Let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• tlwwsotlwwso Posts: 12
    Hey ya'll, I'm Tim from Houston, TX. Last week my 2001 ML320 Sport Edition finally came in (Desert Siver/Java w/all the options). I enjoy driving it so much, my wife told me that I should just move into it. This is my first Mercedes-Benz and I'm really proud. I look forward to learning from everyone's posts. Thanks for the club.
    any question you may have just spit it out and a bunch of expert ML owners are around here.
    WELCOME Again TLWWSO
  • kevin90kevin90 Posts: 7
    I will be purchasing a new ML320 in a couple of weeks. I was wanting to order it with 17" rather than the standard 16" rims. Has anyone done this without the entire sport package?(I like the look of the 430 better but don't want to fork over the extra $6,000 CDN just because of the 17" rims)
  • bertram60bertram60 Posts: 113
    Have you gotten a price for just the wheels and tires. I would assume it will be something around $500 per wheel. The extra $4,000 CDN does get you a 4.3 V8 under the hood, not just the wheels.
This discussion has been closed.