Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    I thought about doing that on my 99 M with the nipple lights, but when my Z-bart guy got under the hood to do the work he found that he would have to do some drilling in metal because of the clips that hold them in place being inside a little shelf on the underside of the hood. Once I heard "drilling" I said "no go"--didn't want them that bad. Also be advised that although it is not likely, you could be stopped by the local police [depending on state law] if you have blue, red, or yellow lights facing forward on your vehicle. I was going to opt for green to be on the safe side. I have noted that blue seems to be the most popular color [wonder why?] but in our state it would be citeable if the cop felt like it. :shades:
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I have it in mine as well as many, many others here. It's plenty powerful; however I've found that the sound output isn't uniform in the car. My other half complains a lot about it having too much bass in it. I always just thought she was being a prune because it was just a highlight to the bass from the driver's position. One day I let her drive it and noticed that, in the front passenger seat, the bass is too much from that position. If I turn it down to a comfortable level for the passenger side, it's not enough for the driver side. If I set it comfortably on the driver side, it's too much on the passenger side. I'm not sure what effect it has in the back seat yet.

I have it mounted toward the rear of the trunk on the passenger side. I guess that's not a good acoustic spot for it. I probably should move it forward to behind the back seat or move it to the driver side.
  • theakwardonetheakwardone Member Posts: 7
    Yeah I was actually going for the green ones. The shelf you were talking bout was the problem I was having. I coulnd't access the underside to remove the clips I figured it would be possible to add them in another area but then that would mean drilling still and then I would have 4 jets only two of which worked n e ways thanks for the help I wish I had the right tools to do it but I think I'll just bbring em back :(
  • sixfive215sixfive215 Member Posts: 13
    Thanx tayl0rd. I just have to find someone that can install it without ruining the rest of the system.
  • jonathan_216jonathan_216 Member Posts: 22
    I have a 99 m can you interchange the tail lights with the clear amber one? thanks
  • javidoggjavidogg Member Posts: 366
    Yes you can, you can also do the headlights from a Special M, good luck trying to find those.
    Ok people. I am in deperate need of a full nose mask for my car. the dealerships that are in my neighborhood do not have them, so can anybody tell me where I can get one
  • mshermsher Member Posts: 5
    It may be sounds strange for you but you can download it from the Russian site (don't be afraid docs are in english)
    owners manual:
    http://www.comreg.ru/intrepid/manual.pdf
    Chrysler service manual
    http://www.comreg.ru/lh2manual.pdf
    Search outside your area.
    I have a 2002 300M with 37,000 miles on there and already I am having transmission problems. What gives? My mechanic is telling me that I have to get it rebuilt. I want to exhaust all other options before I go to the extreme. Could there be something else wrong with it, for instance, the wrong transmission fluid or the relays, or something. There has to be another solution right now other than rebuilding it. I got an estimation of $1400. Any ideas are welcomed.
  • shadow300mshadow300m Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I had interest to buy an RB1 Navigation Radio. I've got the information that it will not fit to my 1999 300M, so I didn't order it. Can anyone please help me with some information if there is existing any Navigation Radio which could fit in my car?!
    Also, does anyone know if there is some catalogue where I could find some performance exterior parts (such as spoiler, lights etc.)?! :confuse:
    Thanks in advance
    Somebody gave you the WRONG information!! :sick: The RB1 WILL fit your car! You simply need to order a wiring harness adapter to connect it. I don't know the part number, but you can go to www.wjjeeps.com and go to the Navigation Radio section and it will tell you everything you need to know as far as part numbers, etc. Good luck! :) Even though I've had "issues" with mine for quite some time now, I still recommend the unit to every M owner. Apparently the problems I've had have been unique to me as no one else ever answered any of my questions about those problems or mentioned any problems of their own. Go for it! Despite the problems, I still love it. And if you're getting the RB1, you might as well go ahead and complete the set with the factory Sirius satellite radio unit. It plugs right in.
  • jonathan_216jonathan_216 Member Posts: 22
    I just purchased a 4disc cd changer on ebay went to install it and I didn't see where to plug it in? Any help would be appreciated! I have the factory stereo still do I need to buy a connector or something?
  • auto_smashauto_smash Member Posts: 2
    Buy a carbine boring drill bit about 5/8 and drill out the area under the washer and you will have complete access thats what i did and it works fine :shades:
  • auto_smashauto_smash Member Posts: 2
    those are tweeters just call any audio place and tell them that is what you want sorry but i dont know the size just take one out and mesure it with a tape mesure its proabably 1 1/2 inches
  • seattle300mseattle300m Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,
    I've got a 2001 that I'd like to change by tail light lens covers to the "Clear" style. I'm having a hell of a time locating on google, ebay, craigs etc......

Can anyone out please help me locate where I can find them.

Thx.
    Leo
    You might want to see this guy,
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/241461
  • johnboy2k6johnboy2k6 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm a brand new 2001 300M owner and I'm not fond of the factory stereo. I have a Pioneer aftermarket deck and was wondering if it can be connected to the 4 disc in dash cd player. Also, if I do put this in, will the steering mounted controls still function.

Feedback on this would be great.
    You can probably get a harness adaptor from Crutchfield. I doubt that the steering wheel controls will operate it, though. But you never know.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    My plug-n-play HIDs were $1,315.05 for a pair from http://www.freedomlex.com/parts.php. Well worth the money:

http://public.fotki.com/Scotian/300m/lighting/hids/

I also added projector foglights:

http://public.fotki.com/Scotian/300m/lighting/projector_foglights/
  • ahspenahspen Member Posts: 3
    Hi i have a -99 chrysler 300m and i have no cd changer in it but i would like to install one so i was wondering does the one whit mp3 function u can find on ebay fitt in the same socket as the last radio ? or what do i haft to do ? or is the cd changer option from another -99 the only out for me ? Would be realy greatful for all tips Thx guys
    Do you have a link for the one that's supposed to play MP3s? Is it supposed to be a factory unit?

You can get the Chrysler 6-disc unit for around $350. But why not put that money toward the factory Sirius satellite radio kit instead and you won't need a CD/MP3 player at all. ;)
    i have a radio in the car now but there is no cd changer at all thats why i need to make some changes ... and i still whant it to look factory and nice and clean u got any links u can post i live in sweden u see but i heard about the satellite radio ... but any tips are welcome please tell me more about it...
    You're out of luck for satellite radio. It's only available in the U.S.
    Okey But ack to the original question then can i fitt a 2004 300m mp3stereo into my 1999 300m ? or isent it the same size ? ...
    As far as the States is concerned, there was never an MP3 compatible CD changer in the 300M. But, will a 2004 radio fit a '99 M? Absolutely (with a wiring harness adapter)! The CD changer is a direct swap. So if your country had the option of an MP3 compatible CD changer in the '04s, then you can put it in your car.

And I, for one, would be very interested in getting my hands on one myself if your country has it. Check into it and let us know. Thanks!
  • sikntiredsikntired Member Posts: 1
    I can feel your pain. Have it re-built and sell it!! I have a 2002 M myself, 60,000 miles, and the transmission went completely out last week,and has to be replaced. To make matters worse, I bought the car w/ a 7yr-100,000 mile warranty. The dealership is flying in a warranty rep to determine whether or not the replacement is coverered under the warranty due to "neglect". The car has been routinely serviced including verification of the transmission fluid. I will find out today (maybe) whether they will honor their warranty. Although, I will never buy another Chrysler
  • kimchikimchi Member Posts: 8
    I also had problems with my transmission. at that time, my 2000 300M had 100,724miles and when i took it to dealership, they said i have to replace with new transmission which will cost $3000.00
    however, I couldnt get it done because it was just too expensive. so i was driving 3000rpm at 65mph where it should be 2100rpm at 65mph.
    fortunatly after driving 3000miles more, it fixed itself and now i'm running at normal rpm. ^^
    And how many miles ago was that? You know how they say when people are deathly sick, they will make a miraculous recover that seems to be their peak of health right before they croak... :surprise: You might want to invest in a good set of walking shoes. ;) It's only a matter of time now.
    true i agree....acutally i went to bodyshop i know and let them took everything out to see what was wrong but they said everything is ok except this one thing. i hear water? oil splashing around transmission when i drive from 0 to 10mph...does anyone know what is wrong?
    chrysler mechanics dont even wanna find out what is wrong with it becuz computer says it is 'Good' ...

anywayz
    so far it is doing ok. right now i have about 107000miles on it. :confuse: :)
    and i still smoke other japanese ride with my 300M ^^
    so If this car breaks down because of transmission, i'm just going to buy other new car. :lemon:
  • locomex23locomex23 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am new to the forum and I hope that my question has not been asked bofore, but what body parts do I have to change to make my Regular 300M look like a 300M special?? :confuse:
    The front and rear fascia, the headlights, the mirrors, the wheels, the side skirts and molding, the badges, the brake system, the sway bars, and the springs. On the interior, you'd have to change the guages, the seats, the door sills, and the wood trim. And depending on which model year 300M you have and its options, you'd have to change the radio, add the CD changer, and convert from OTIS to EVIC w/ TPMS. If you really want to go whole-hog, you'd have to change your transaxle gearing and ECM programming to raise the rev limit, remove the speed limiter, and change the timing to require premium fuel( :sick: ).

Oh yeah, you'll have to add some sound deadening material. The Special supposedly has more than the regular Ms, but I can't say if there is a difference or not. The last regular M I was in was a '99 and it's definitely quieter than that one, but they added sound deadening material and changed the door seals in the later models so I'm sure they're quieter than the '99 as well.
    in their 300M? If so, does it work through the stereo speakers or do you have to use that dorky speaker that comes with it?
  • campba2campba2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 300M, and I would like to install the 300M Special sideview mirrors that have the integrated side turn signal. I have been to my not so helpful local Chrysler dealer and they told me that the new mirrors are $400ea; and if different wiring harnesses are needed, the wiring will be an additional $900ea. Needless to say I almost fell over at the possibility of $1300 for each mirror, and this excludes labor. My question is, since both vehicles are basically identical does anyone know if the wiring in place on both vehicles for the mirrors is a standard harness and will accomodate both mirror types so that all I need to purchase are the mirrors? My hope is that the mirror wiring in place is common to both vehicles just different pin sockets are used depending on the mirror type. Apparently my Chrysler dealer isn't able to make this determination until they pull the door panel. Your comments are appreciated, thank you.
    It's a safe bet that the harnesses are the same. And if they aren't, you can return the mirrors.
    Does anyone has a remote starter installed in their 300M? What is a good brand to have?
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    The harness is different but you can still wire the special mirrors in. I did it for my 99 300M with special mirrors.
    I have a Compustar two way security with remote start. I like it. Most major brands make them Viper, etc.
  • uniguyuniguy Member Posts: 39
    I have been playing with the idea of upgrading the stock stereo for an aftermarket MP3 cd player. I was wondering if you are you able to use all the stock speakers and the stock amp with an aftermarket stereo. Let me know...

Thanks,
    Bret
  • dinger48dinger48 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2001 300M and it has the infinity sound system. I was just wondering if it has an amp and where it is located. I swaped out the factory deck with a Pioneer 7 inch flip out screen and i had no sound until i hooked up the blue wire that said if i had to infinity sound system it was the amp turn on. From what i can tell the amp is supposed to be on the passenger side in the trunk but i dont have one...can someone please help me. I thought that all of them with that setup had factory amps.
  • larriemaclarriemac Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2000 300M with 45K on it. Basically no problems except the cracks appearing on the right hand dash. Has anyone found a cover that looks decent? The dash has been repaired once but after six month the cracks are reappearing.

Thanks.
  • ncruffryderncruffryder Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2002 300M and want to replace the rear deck speakers. Has anyone ever actually replaced theirs before. If someone could please assist me with how you gained access to them. My rear seats do fold down.
    Thanks
    that was aobut 20,000 miles ago.....
    yeah i know what u mean...
    but as a college student, i got no choice...just trying not to break it for another 2 yrs until i graduate...
    i have 2000 300m and i want to get 300M Special's body kit.
    where can i get those body kits?
    The Special body kit, you can only get it from the Chrysler Dealers,
    or you can try eBay they have them there every so often.

Or you can also order the Lorinser body kit, if you can find it.
  • niki069aniki069a Member Posts: 4
    Judy:
    Are you looking for a brochure or an owners manual? If it's an owners manual you can try ebay.com, maybe they will have brochures for your year car.

niki069a
    keep away from the chrysler dealers they are nothing more than rip off artists, try private body shops they may help you.
    I have the same car your trac off switch is to diengage your trac control. Everytime you start your car your trac control is on just pust the trac off button to diengage it will light up on yuor dsah "TRAC OFF"

Your fog light setting is located in the center of your light settings to the left of your steering wheel. By the way do you have the owners manual? If not you can purchase one on www.ebay.com

niki069a
    Does anyone know where I can purchase the Chrysler Lettering for the
    front side doors similar to the lettering on the 2001 300M?

I am also looking for a good sunroof wind deflector. I purcahsed one
    from auto anything the dual flap Std deflector it cost$100 and it was terrible I sent it back.
  • regjulieregjulie Member Posts: 1
    I replaced the sepaekers in my rear deck and you need to take out the back seat and the side panels where the rear seat belts go through to gain access to the rear deck. It is a lot of teious work to get to them. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.