Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    gives some spark to this page---cant wait for those suicide doors, diablo doors, and custom tail lights---you could call your car the inverted M or the 300W ;-)
  • neal038neal038 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an 01 300M Silver, loaded. I was wondering about splash guards. Do the after market ones fit as well as the Mopar ones fit? The dealer wants 80 bucks (not installed) so theres a big price difference here (30 bucks after market) Any input would be great!
    Thanks....
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    I think the GS light would look better on the M. But since it's your M, the IS 300, or RX300 light would look good. As for that gas door idea, that's intresting. I have never seen or head of somthing like that. Wouldn't the light look awkward. I mean would you see the gaps where it would swing open?
    cant wait to see what happens when you go into a full service gas station and say "fill er up"--tell him you dont know where the filler is--its your brothers car----he'll have to call the owner over to help figure it out--should be good for a laugh--kind of like when you went into the dealer and told them they forgot to put rear door handles on the car-- :-)
    easy, LOL, thats not a bad idea, i'm gonna do that and record it on video, i'll upload it for u to watch, lol.

fuzzy, yes there will be a gap, 2.12 cm. so u will not be able to see it at all. see the area behind the tailight, like on the left tailght, it will be curved to go right, so they will open like a swinging door. see what i mean? there is no gap raelly, that area will be filled with a skinny rubber liner anyway. its hard to explain, as you can tell, but don't wry i'll have mucha muhca pics as normal...
    I think you meant to say 2.12mm--if it were cm, it would be almost an inch--kind of a BIG gap
    damn your right, it is pretty big.
    no more grafting in new tailights, just goign for jewel ones and will play around with those for a bit. the shaved gas door and trick hinge lights are still a go, and suicide doors of course.
  • ivylotusivylotus Member Posts: 1
    I have seen links to places that provide stick-on real wood for accents. But I'd *love* to replace the fake plastic wood on my 2000 300M with real wood, like they wisely did on the 2001 models. Does anyone out there do that?

Thanks,

Matt
    why not just buy the wood out of a 2001? should fit prefectly im your 2000.
  • dsign4udsign4u Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered the rear spoiler for my '00 M and would like to integrate a rear brake light into it and will cover over the existing light (I feel it needs to be longer and narrower like the Cadillac but lack the body shop tools to do the job right). I found a Jimmy and Aztek LED but they are a little tall and expensive. Has anyone else tried this and how did you attach it?
  • dsign4udsign4u Member Posts: 2
    I just talked to my dealer today about replaceing the plastic with Chrysler wood on my '00. The only way to do it is to order a whole door panel at $480 a pop - might as well buy an '01.
  • rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    Someone posted on this subject recently. Here is a product I can personally vouch for, having just installed one on my M. http://www.wooddash.com/item/CHRYSLER_Wind_Deflectors_300M_99_2001

I "won" one on an EBay auction for a pretty good price, compared to the asking price.

The visor is very substantial, not flimsy like some of these things that stick on with adhesive. The mounting consists of 2 simple clips, but the visor is very sturdy once installed and cinched down. It has a heavy duty rubber gasket that prevents scratching and finishes off the installation very nicely. It really fits the shape of the sunroof too.

I think it's a resonable value, even at the retail asking price.
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I have a wing for my M with a built in 15" LED light. I agree with you on the trunk mounted one. Mine is going to be covered up too.
  • mannaeimannaei Member Posts: 4
    hi there can any one tell me a bout any accessories for my 1999 300m and the wooden steering wheel and the auto stick you know which one i mean
  • phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    everyone here *(just about)* mods there M's, accessories, and custom. check out some of the websites for more info...

mine: http://phases78.homestead.com/300m.html

300michaels: http://www.homestead.com/chrysler300m/chrysler300m.html (his is a 99)

there are several other pages also, come to the general chat if you like, most ppl dont even check these anymore.

also, steering wheel and chrome shifter were new for 01, u can get them from you local 5* dealer. however, it'll probably cost u a pretty penny or two. ebay is another option.

• mannaeimannaei Member Posts: 4
    hi 300 m fan's
    does any one know how can i get the hood scoop for my car and the Throttle Body (62mm to 69mm)how much $ and how to get all of the stuff
  • bakerboy90660bakerboy90660 Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody lowered or tried to lower thier car?
  • phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    yes to both of you, just ask your questions in the regular sedans board (the one with ten thousand msgs) and theyll answer those questions.

phases
  • farrell300mfarrell300m Member Posts: 1
    Two things if you will:
    1. I was wondering has attempted to replace the standard front headlights with a blue/white bulb. I have been unable to find a match (ie:9006xs) but the guys at the auto store say that a 9006xx will fit fine. However, I read in another news group that the 300M only take straight bulbs and not the 90 degree bulb. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. I also read in another news group a horiffic story about someone's 300M which included a front end shudder that the dealer refused to recognize or repair. I have the same symptoms when breaking. Any experience with this or thoughts?

Thanks all!
  • josterholtjosterholt Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    I have a 99 300M with a tan interior. The steering wheel is dark tan, but by now, it is very badly worn from usage. Has any one found a solution either in replacement, a nice cover (not a crappy one), or a way to restore it?

Thanks,

Jack
  • josterholtjosterholt Member Posts: 11
    I want to change out the exhaust on my 99 300M. Any suggestions?

thanks

Jack
  • jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    josterholt-

Wheelskins seems to make a nice aftermarket wheel cover. It requires installation, not just stretching or snapping on. The ultimate result depends upon your ability to thread the stitching (a bit like re-lacing a baseball glove). I think someone on 300Mclub.org has some pictures posted of his redone steering wheel, & it looks quite nice. He chose a 2-tone color scheme.

Jon
  • gruschusgruschus Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of a group doing aftermarket front grills? A nice cromed bar grill would look great on these cars.
  • vap0rvap0r Member Posts: 3
    Anyone slapped these on to a special yet? Curious about how rotor friendly they are and if it reduces your daily wheel cleanings ??
  • trashman2trashman2 Member Posts: 44
    my local 5 star price 25.00 each anybody know of a better price.
  • 78887888 Member Posts: 12
    I have the tan interior and desperately need to change my steering wheel. Where can I get a nice wooden steering wheel to fit my '99 300M. Thanks!
    It takes a little more looking, but the prices are usually much better.
  • denisefromca1denisefromca1 Member Posts: 22
    Got a great recommendation for the exhaust! First, have your mechanic remove the second muffler and extend a pipe to a 1997-2001 C-5 Corvette flowmaster with a single oval tip (arg arg arg). The sound is throaty and the vibe,incredible. This also gives you up to an addition 3 horsepower! I get the looks before they see me!
  • judyg1judyg1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    I am looking for a Brochure for the 300M for the year 2000. I recently purchased this car
    and love it. I am willing to pay for this if
    anyone has one that they would like to spare.
    Thank You
    Judy G.
    judyg@charter.net
    I have a gunmetal grey 99300M with dark grey interior. I purchased a metal ribbed leather cover and absolutely love it! Grip is great, color/material matches perfectly and it protects.I'm not sure of the assortment of colors but it's worth a look. You can find them at any pep boys, target, or Kragen auto supplies.
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    How loud is the sound of your C-5 mod inside the car? What was the cost? What shop did it?
    I'm one who chooses the more "sporty" look and sound to the 300M so I got it done in Hayward California by a shop called the "Downtown Muffler Service". The owner (Mr. Nealand?) has been altering cars for most of his life and has a great reputation. He customized my husbands 1500 Dodge Ram truck also. He let me listen to different variations and although, by simply replacing one of the three mufflers only made it sound a little bit deeper. I personally liked the "slightly" louder sound of removing one of the mufflers altogether, then replacing one of the two with the corvette, flowmaster. Did you know by removing one of those mufflers gives up to 3 extra horsepower? This gives the car a real nice hummmmm and is actually very relaxing on the inside and sounds way cool from the outside. From the inside,the sound kinda reminds me of when you watch star trek lol. You kinda here the spacecraft engine in the background, know what I mean? It's great to hear the shifing as well. There is a slight vib to the car too, but being a women "Nothing wrong with that!" It cost me only $208.00 and I LOVE it.
    Anyone? Why is it that the only really cool accessories are for the sebring? If anyone ever finds these for the 300M PLEASE post!
  • david70david70 Member Posts: 5
    I currently have a 2000 Slate PHP 300 M and love it. I have a 2003 Special sitting behind my dealers building as they seek out a way to find a chrome version of the 18" rim that comes with the UltraPerformance package. I don't care for the "painted" rim.

My best friend purchased a 1999 Corvette brand new and the Vettes didn't have chrome rims but his dealer knew of a place in California that would ship the chrome rims upon receiving the aluminum rims from the dealer. We can't access that dealer and I am wondering if anyone knows of such a California place that does this same thing?
    Gotta name? There are SOooooooooo many rim places around here that it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm in the California, San Francisco Bay area and I can check into it for you.
  • topcuttopcut Member Posts: 54
    Anyone know the name of the Nav system that Chrysler uses as an accessory.....
    The company that makes the Chrysler Navigation system is Visteon. The unit is called the NavMate Navigation System. It is a CD (3) based system and goes to secondary street level (that I have seen). The system costs about $1600 If you live in a Major city you might consider such a system. But first chect to see if your city is listed. If you live near an over lap section of the country you may need to purchase an additional CD ($100-200).
    I have the Alpine DVD system in my 300M.
    Visteon info.
    1-800-visteon, www.eVisteon.com
    My old homestead site is no longer in service, the new one is http://public.fotki.com/300M/
  • topcuttopcut Member Posts: 54
    Thanks for the info on the Nav system...They look pretty neat!....I also saw where the new Pacifica will have a nav system integrated right in the instrument panel....Since my 300 is a 02, I will probably be ready to trade about the time the LX series is released and I would bet by then they will offer a similiar nav system in them....So think I will take a wait and see ..:)
  • mdantemdante Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone experienced larger tires? I want to install taller and wider tires. My stock tires are 225 55 17 on my 300M. Does anyone know what size to move up to?
  • blondablonda Member Posts: 542
    Keeping the stock rims you can't go any higher than 55. You can, however, go a little wider. The max would be 245, but you need to check the specs for the specific tire to make sure it will fit the 7" (width) rims. There aren't a lot of tires that have the stock height with a wider tire. I had 245/45's on my M previously, and now have 235/55's which were pretty pricey.
  • ftuttleftuttle Member Posts: 1
    I recently went to Pep Boys and had Futura 255 45's Z rated radials put on the car (original wheels) and I absolutely love the results. The ride is quieter and the handling is noticeably better. The looks are appealing as well from the rear or front. The height however is not quite as high as the original so from the side there is more space showing. No regrets though because of the results. Its a great tire and not too expensive.
  • drivequalslovedrivequalslove Member Posts: 11
    I'm thinking of getting Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP 255/45ZR17 for my 300M.

I see that the previous post had put on some store-brand tires of the same size. I'm wondering if the mechanics at Pep Boyz had any concerns over the clearance between the tire and upper control arm.

My own measurements indicate that a 255 size tire (which is an inch wider than 225) will barely fit. I'm wondering if the guy with the Future tires is checking the inside wall of the tire for rubbing?

Can anyone here give any experiences with 245 or 255 size tires on a 300M ???
This discussion has been closed.