Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• cryobabycryobaby Member Posts: 2
    Hey everybody, my name is Jon and I just joined. I just bought my first SUV last April, a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 SE, I got it with only 18k miles on it!!

Over the past four months, I've noticed that the front end suspension is a bit tempermental. I just had new tires (4 Yokohama Geolanders HTS) put on at Tires Plus (owned by Firestone) and ballanced as well as a front end allignment done last Sat. The next day, I noticed some knocking and vibration coming from the front wheels. Turns out, they forgot to balance the wheels when the new tires were put on. After leaving, I still noticed the same noise and vibration. Today, I took it to the Tires Plus near my office and had them check it in which the manager did the work himself. The ride was much better but the knocking noise during braking was still present.

I decided that I better take it to the Nissan Dealer in which they found that I had a bad strut on the front driver's side!! I do not understand how a strut could go bad at only 23K miles!!! I do not hit curbs, potholes, or run offroad (yet, hee hee hee!) so there's no explanation I can think of on my part.

Anyway, it was covered under warranty and I now have a great ride. Has anyone else had the same or similar issues I've recently experienced??

Thanks!

Jon Y.
    Snellville, GA
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Member Posts: 621
    I have a '97, and it has had very few issues. There have been reports of O2 sensors needing replacement occasionally, and I've heard of others having miscellaneous "check engine" light problems, but they are scarce.

The only "check engine" light issue my 97 LE has had involved the EVAP canister (a part of the emissions system). I ignored the MIL lamp for too long, which exacerbated the issue, making the repair much more complicated. I made the repairs myself.

Other than that, I know of no serious problems with this vehicle. The VG33E engine is bulletproof; my truck has over 127K miles on it, is fluid-leak-free, and burns no oil.
  • newmannewman Member Posts: 11
    Thank you jiamin that helped out alot.
  • caseybraggcaseybragg Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have the exact same symptoms. Mine is a 97 PF 4WD LE with sunroof. Only the driver side gets wet.
  • lbinhlbinh Member Posts: 190
    Well, after three weeks of no SES light (turned off by itself after week of being lit, IVTC and O2 sensor codes). It has returned. It came back on in the same situation as before. Long Texas highway driving (4-5 hours) and after a fill up from a rural gas station (gas cap was made tight). The light returns. Back to AutoZone I go for a SES light code check. The saga continues.

I will wait to burn off the gas in tank and then worry if SES light still on.

'01 LE 49K miles
    Autozone pulled the DTC code. It was the O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2(P0160) again. It seems long highway driving triggers this code(more than 4-5 hours highway). No noticeble degradation in performance or fuel economy.

Looks like a trip to Nissan parts and a new O2 sensor in the near future. It might be because the O2 sensor is on its last leg but I think it is a ECM software glitch.

Anyone replace their O2 sensor(s) and it is still problematic(SES light still lights up w/ that code)??
  • deebardacdeebardac Member Posts: 23
    Code P0160 has been a frequent visitor on my 2001 LE, the SES light comes on about every 500 miles or so.
    Working on the old adage that 90% of all electrical problems are caused by faulty ground connections I looked around and found there is a ground strap connecting the RH Three Way Catalyst to a heat shield. The heat had been sufficient to crystalize the braided strap and it had parted company with the connection.
    As the 02 sensor works on a one volt differential I figured every little helps, anyway that pesky light has not appeared again in over 1000 miles. Keeping my fingers crossed. Check that strap in any case.
  • cpavgocpavgo Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I've got the same problem with my 2001 Pathfinder CD changer. I was able to eject my CDs but that was it. What was the resolution of your problem? What did it cost you? At a Nissan dealer?

Thanks for the info.
    Thanks for the reply. I have the same recurring condition with that DTC. Now, you mentioned that it might be a sensor ground wire. That would make sense in my fault condition. Long driving would cause it to heat up tremendously and cool down quickly when I make stops at gas stations. It is after the fill up and driving that the SES light appears 5 to 10 minutes later on the highway (when the O2 sensors heats back up again).

I orignial thought it was bad gasoline or an old OEM battery causing the fault. Anyway, can you paste a picture of that connection or tell me exactly where it is?

Is it on the drivers side or passenger side catalytic converter pipe? I thought P0169 DTC is the bank 2 sensor 2. Bank 1 is the passenger side(or the RH)?? Got my bearings confused.

What did you do to remedy the damaged ground strap?

Thanks a lot deebardac.
  • deebardacdeebardac Member Posts: 23
    The ground strap is located 28" forward of the main muffler where the exhaust pipe connects to the TWC flange, about level with the middle of the passenger door.
    As a temporary fix I opened up the connector, cleaned up the braided cable recrimped and soldered the connection.
    I am looking around for a different ground strap to replace the OE, one that would be more resistant to heat.
  • mmz5944mmz5944 Member Posts: 5
    I just had to buy a muffler for my 01 PF. It was $300 plus because of some supposed valve in the muffler. I could not find one in any aftermarket to replace it with. Only 40K miles. I called Nissan and got the "oh we are sorry that happened but you are out of luck" speech. I too have had a shimmy for 40k miles, just got used to it. That is what they want you to do. Disappointing.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    Caseybragg, I have never been able to identify the source of the water leak. I have used the truck very little over the summer, and it's been garaged, so it has not been an issue. But after Labor Day I will be using it again, so I really do need to figure out a permanent fix. I'll post the solution if I'm able to resolve the problem...please do the same if you are able to.
  • rabi504rabi504 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    I have been a proud owner of PF se since 2004, so far I have 19800,miles on it Never have to take it to shop. recently I started to notice a rattling noise coming from dash. The problem is it does not rattle when it is cold out side,it rattles most in the evening when it was out side in the sun for all day.I have located the position where it is coming from,and if I push that spot with my fingure ,it will stop rattling.I have posted it before,but nobody answered it.Please tell me if some one experianced same,if you did,did you know how the dealr fixed it.I will appreciate any advice before I let dealr mass with it.I am from houston area,could any body tell me which dealer have the best mechanic who knows what is he doing.
    How do you paste a picture in the post? Anyways, I found the ground strap. You had a great description of the location. Still connected and not loose. No visible sign of rust or crystalization of the strap. Just has that slight oxidized look on the strap and the bolt/nut on the TWC flange is rusted but, the bolt on the heat shield is ok.

I don't see anything wrong with it(unless rusty bolt/nut is non-conductive). I noticed that there is a Nissan TSB for the MIL with DTC code P0160. See summary below.

Anyone know the TSB details or have fixed the problem using this TSB(cost or covered beyond 36K miles)?

Technical Service Bulletins Summary

Make: NISSAN
    Model: PATHFINDER
    Year: 2001
    Service Bulletin Number: NTB02006
    NHTSA Item Number: 628220
    Summary Description:
    SUBJECT REGARDING MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP 'ON' WITH REAR OXEGEN SENSOR DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE PO138-P0140 OR P0158-P0160 STORED. *JG
    Where is the rattle coming from exactly? Previous year Pathfinders had a TSB on a dashboard rattle.

I am in Houston and have used Baker Jackson South 610. The previous service managers (I think Gary Lee, now at other Baker Jackson Nissan North location) were nice but they have since changed and not as nice. It is a crapshoot now. Haven't been back recently. As always, be stubborn and persistent with dealer service depts. I do not see a published TSBs for your year model problem.
  • joe233joe233 Member Posts: 43
    Can some provide tips on the best way to tie down cargo to the factory roof rails? I have a 2001 PF wit the 2 side to side rails that slide front to back(not the rails that makes a square w/PF logo). What's the best way to tie down an ice chest or something like that? Do you butt the front and rear rack against the cargo? Can you just use plain rope?
    Generally it's a bad idea to secure large heavy items to the roof of your SUV. Large items with high frontal surface area will create significant drag, reducing fuel efficiency and handling, and may even fly off the rack if not properly secured. Heavy items change the vehicle's center of gravity, decreasing cornering performance and handling, and increasing rollover risk.

If you must secure items to the roof rack, adjust the rails so that the load rests on the rails (instead of the roof), and if possible use at least one of the larger, raised rails to butt up one end of the item. Use rope or straps to secure the cargo. Bungee cords do not work well unless they are VERY tightly stretched. Wind resistance can often overcome a bungee cord's holding power if there's any significant elasticity remaining.
  • rabi504rabi504 Member Posts: 15
    Hi
     I just want to thank you, for taking time to respond to my problem.
     It is coming from right behind the air vent on driver side.I have contacted Advantage nissan and Nissan central,according to them both rattle is not covered under warranty,unless they find some thing wrong. Any how,I will take to Advantage Nissan in League city on next wednestday.Wish me luck.
     Thank you again.
  • blawsonblawson Member Posts: 19
    I have a 2002 SE with the Bose 6 CD in dash player. So far, whenever I have gotten the ERR 2 msg I have been able to retrieve my CD's and the player has continued to work. I expect that one day, it may go out for good. I have a few questions about replacement steroes.

1. What aftermarket systems have people used?

2. How did the replacement system look cosmetically, given the Bose system takes up a lot of space?

3. I know there are ways to keep the stereo steering wheel controls functioning with OEM attachments (Crutchfield carries them, maybe others too). Has anyone gone that route? How did it work?
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    I am getting ready to. gonna order the pac swix to keep the steering wheel controls, and gonna get the kenwood kvt-715 dvd w/sirius tuner. should be a nice upgrade! that unit is expandable and can control a nav system, and 6cd changer, as well as have a tv tuner for the ultimate road machine!
  • tgeetgee Member Posts: 2
    Why is this, I've checked the bulb and there's only one, is it a wire issue, if yes can someone show me the way, the owners manual provide no information. Thanks.
    The bulb has two filaments, one for the lowbeam, one for the hi. (Well, actually that depends on which bulb your truck has. I'm referring to 9004 bulbs, which I know are used in the 96-99 model years.) It's likely that the lowbeam filament has burned out; you just need to replace the bulb and you'll be OK.
  • beachgirl2gobeachgirl2go Member Posts: 2
    I just got this error message tonight for the first time. I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual on it. I just bought two of the six cds that are in the changer today and want to get them out!!!! Can you tell me what the error msg means (other than the cd player is about to die!) and how to get the cds out?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    TONIGHT - 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET
    Get LIVE feedback on your maintenance or repair problems. Join our guest experts alcan, 0patience, and mr_shiftright as they tackle your fix-it questions!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blawsonblawson Member Posts: 19
    Not sure if the message means anything special but I've assumed it indicates there is a problem with the player reading or retrieving the CD. So far, I have always been able to get my CD's back. In one case, I had to let the car sit overnight. When I turned the CD player on in the morning, I was able to eject them. Hopefully, that is your case. Perhaps another member has other ideas as well.

I expect that at some point mine will go out for good and I will be installing an aftermarket unit. I just hate never being 100% sure the CD player will work. Sort of like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Nissan should have done better with the Bose stereos.

If all else fails, you probably have to go to the dealer. Perhaps they can get the CD's out or, if the unit has to be replaced, they can send them back. Hope your CD player is still under warranty.

BTW, I never put 6 CD's in my player anymore. Not sure if that makes a difference but so far so good.
  • beachgirl2gobeachgirl2go Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! When I started it this morning it made some new noises it wasn't making last night but still wouldn't eject the cds unfortunately :-(. I checked with the Nissan service said it would be about $250 to send it back to Bose for repair (plus the labor to pull it out and reinstall) and that they have had to do that with quite a few units with the cd changers. Mine is no longer under warranty so I'm going to shop around. GREAT timing though - leaving on a 7 hour road trip tomorrow morn...Murphy's Law eh? Thanks again for your help!
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    I have a 2001 PF & I had one cd changer go out under warranty. They replaced it with a refurb. This one went out just out of warranty & I found a place called Factory Car Stereo Repair that specializes in Bose Factory repair. Their website is http://www.carstereohelp.com/ The dealership had quoted some unreal price for a new one. When I talked to them he finished my sentence and new what was wrong with my CD player as soon as I said I had a PF. He said they see about a dozen a week. Rather than try & figure out what is wrong with it they just replace the entire internal mechanism for a flat fee of $242 (at the time) & give a one year warranty. Don't pay labor to remove or to put a new one in. It's too easy as long as you can use a screwdriver. This website even has detailed instructions with pictures.
  • bitterbobbitterbob Member Posts: 4
    I have a question about the Bose (Clarion?) stereo in my '04 SE. It has a feature called RDS that displays the name of the station instead of the frequency (K-Rock instead of 92.3 for example) and also the name of the song and the singer for whatever song is playing at the moment. Does anyone know how to turn this off? I just want to see the numbers, not all the other info. Thanks
    bb
  • viking03viking03 Member Posts: 21
    BOSE STEREO EXPERIENCES

After reading the last page of posts I thought I would relate my thoughts on this stereo.

Every morning on my drive to work my CD (six-disc)player skips for the first 20 minutes. I cannot tell you how high this raises my blood pressure - it is a 2003 Pathfinder and has been this way from day one. After the first 20 minutes or so it is fine - go figure.

That being said - I drive on fairly crappy roads on my way to work - southern california highways ok? Not the best roads in the world-very rutted and choppy in spots. But I've never had an issue with another CD player in any other car on similar roads.

It seems that the "cold" temperatures in the morning are somehow affecting the damping mechanism. (cold meaning 60 to 70 degrees F at 0630 am - I live in Palm Springs area) After work, on the way home, it works perfectly.

I shudder to think how it will be if I move to a colder climate, ie anywhere else in this country.

Anyway, my main point is this: this is a CRAPPY design by Bose, Clarion, whoever, and is a major black eye to Nissan in their perceived quality (who can possibly disagree on this forum??). This, in addition to my numerous door, dash, and steering wheel rattles, out-of-round wheel that the dealer refuses to fix under warranty, and this sub-par stereo damping mechanism make me strongly question Nissan's supposed reputation for quality.

It is a shame b/c I love the sound of the stereo and everything else about the vehicle. But excellence is in the details, and Nissan is quickly becoming the Chrysler of Japanese automakers based on a few sit-ins of their new models- just bad. Don't take my word for it-go take a look. Nissan is on the wrong "path" and it doesn't look good folks.

One more thought: like the {Philadelphia Eagles, Nissan is living on a past reputation. Sorry to all you chowderheads up there!! :) Ok that's all for me. Go Vikings!

At least I haven't had the ERR2 yet - my fingers are crossed.
    BOSE STEREO EXPERIENCES

After reading the last page of posts I thought I would relate my thoughts on this stereo.

Every morning on my drive to work my CD (six-disc)player skips for the first 20 minutes. I cannot tell you how high this raises my blood pressure - it is a 2003 Pathfinder and has been this way from day one. After the first 20 minutes or so it is fine - go figure.

That being said - I drive on fairly crappy roads on my way to work - southern california highways ok? Not the best roads in the world-very rutted and choppy in spots. But I've never had an issue with another CD player in any other car on similar roads.

It seems that the "cold" temperatures in the morning are somehow affecting the damping mechanism. (cold meaning 60 to 70 degrees F at 0630 am - I live in Palm Springs area) After work, on the way home, it works perfectly.

I shudder to think how it will be if I move to a colder climate, ie anywhere else in this country.

Anyway, my main point is this: this is a CRAPPY design by Bose, Clarion, whoever, and is a major black eye to Nissan in their perceived quality (who can possibly disagree on this forum??). This, in addition to my numerous door, dash, and steering wheel rattles, out-of-round wheel that the dealer refuses to fix under warranty, and this sub-par stereo damping mechanism make me strongly question Nissan's supposed reputation for quality.

It is a shame b/c I love the sound of the stereo and everything else about the vehicle. But excellence is in the details, and Nissan is quickly becoming the Chrysler of Japanese automakers based on a few sit-ins of their new models- just bad. Don't take my word for it-go take a look. Nissan is on the wrong "path" and it doesn't look good folks.

One more thought: like the {Philadelphia Eagles, Nissan is living on a past reputation. Sorry to all you chowderheads up there!! :) Ok that's all for me. Go Vikings!

At least I haven't had the ERR2 yet - my fingers are crossed.
  • bitterbobbitterbob Member Posts: 4
    Hi all. I have an 04 SE and my wife has an 01 SE. I would like to swap them so I can use my Thule rack with bike trays. Wifey has the two-cross-bar roof rack and I have the sportier two-rail rack that says Pathfinder along the sides. I've checked it out and the bottom roof rails that actually attach to the body of the car are identical. It's just the top parts that are different. But here is the question. It seems easy enough to take off the rails from the 01, but the 04 has the front airdam and I don't know how to start to remove the 04 rack without damaging pieces to find the hidden screws. Has anyone done this?
    Thanks
  • cleo1cleo1 Member Posts: 2
    I live in New England and experience the exact same problem with my Bose (6-disc) CD in my 2002 Maxima. It is always in the morning, or in the afternoon if my car has been sitting out in the cold for a while. During the cold winters, there are times it won't even clear up during my 1.5 hour drive to work! I garage my car every day and night. Very frustrating.

Because of our harsh winters, I have been looking to trade my Maxima for the Pathfinder. I've read some good reports about the car itself. I asked the salesperson if any changes had been made re: CD player and he said he's "never heard any other complaints about it before".
  • laurielaurie Member Posts: 2
    The plastic shield that covers the speedometer on my 2001 Pathfinder LE has gotten Armor All residue behind it somehow and it looks all foggy now. Does anyone have a solution short of removing the parts to clean it? Also, the outside temp feature is not working, but the direction one is. Is this some type of short and has anyone else had this come up.
    Just got it used a month ago and love it (other than the gas mileage!) Thanks for any advice!
  • brisoupbrisoup Member Posts: 56
    Hi.I had the same problem with a car I had several years ago.The Armor All has distorted the plastic cover on the speedometer and will have to be replaced.No amount of cleaning will clear up the distortion.As far as your outside temp gauge not working, it sounds like the sensor has gone bad.It is located between the grill and radiator under the hood.
    Thank you - at least one other person out there understands what I'm talking about. What do you think could cause this skipping? Don't most stereos use digital memory to account for shaking? When I am sitting still is is fine, or in town going less than 40 mph on smooth roads. But hit even a small bump and it skips. I don't understand it. The damping system must be very temp sensitive or just doesn't exist. I have also wondered about some kind of condensation on the lens.

Do you think I could get this replaced under warranty? I can hear them now though - It's MY fault b/c I must have been using dirty CD's, blowing sand into my CD player etc..

Also, I'd have to have them look at it before the heat comes up in the morning.
  • mnguyenmnguyen Member Posts: 5
    Greeting,
    I've owned an 04 PF SE recently and I got about 900 miles on the truck. In the last week or so, I notice a lot of road noise and the engine noise. when you accelerate slow and the transmission shift to second gear, I feel the vehicle vibrate quite a lot. Also when I drive 60 miles/hr, I hear more noise than before. Did any one have a similar problem like this? Please let me know before I take it to the dealership. Thank you.
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    Hey, getting ready to drop the transmission fluid & would like to flush it all out using the cooler lines. Does anybody know which is the return & which is the line to the cooler?
  • mikejmikej Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have a cure for the service engine light blues, its not the usual gas cap issue. It came on , I changed my spark plugs, which were 13 bucks each FYI All. The light is still on, runs and drives fine, just bugs me to see it on. Anyone have a fix besides paying the dealer to reset it... ???
  • mikejmikej Member Posts: 3
    I have a second glitch, the dash clock goes blank, some times it luminates, and then doesnt. anyone else have this problem, its a 2001 Pathfinder LE.
  • ywmuiywmui Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a 2002 Pathfinder SE, I would like to have my drive belts replaced. Does anyone know how should I proceed, or at least how to loosen the Tensioner? Thanks.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    I've read the numerous posts over the last few months regarding the SES light, and I am experiencing a new version of the problem. I have an '01 PF that now has 80K miles. My SES light came on 13 months and 20K miles ago, and the dealer where I lived at that time replaced what they called the "Intake Timing Control Valve/Solenoid". Everything was fine for a full year until a couple of weeks ago when the SES light came on again. I kept driving the truck, because given the miles on the truck I was hoping that it was an intermittent problem with a weak O2 sensor as others on this forum have described, but the SES light has been on steadily for 1000 miles now. Yesterday I had Autozone download the stored DTC's, and there were two of them: P1140, which according to the Equus website is the Intake Timing Control Valve Position Sensor (bank 1), and P0420, catalytic converter system efficency below threshold (bank 1). It sounds like P1140 is the same problem I paid $300 to have repaired a year ago. Can I assume that there will be no warranty in effect on the repair done 13 months and 20K miles ago? I now live 2 hours from that dealer and don't want to waste the time driving all the way back there if it won't be covered. Am I risking damage to anything else if I don't have the repair made now?...I don't have to have my truck state inspected again until July '06. Finally, is it likely the DTC related to the catalytic converter is related to the P1140 DTC? Is it likely the repair related to P1140 will resolve P0420, or is it likely that my driving the car for 1000 miles after the SES light came on has damaged the converter? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • laurielaurie Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for the response on the armor all dashboard issue!
    My 01 LE pathy had IVTC and O2 SES DTCs. It comes and goes. Usually comes up after filling up with cheap rural gas stations(89 octane). After that tank is down to 1/4 left the light goes away or resets. In my previous posts, I tested and retested numerous times at Autozone. Thought about replacing those parts but waited and the light went away. Now I try to avoid those rural gas stations and the light remains off. We will see when I go on another long trip and have to fill up in the counrty...

I don't think running with a "bad" IVTC sensor will damage your Cat. Converter. I do not think they are related. It may be just a sensitive ECM.

IMHO, my pathy is sensitive to the quality of gas. The gas brand or gas age(sits for longer period in rural stations) I do not know for certain.

Check your dealer about service warranty or give it some time and good gas.

Good luck!
  • pathy04pathy04 Member Posts: 27
    i had an 01 Pathfinder SE with 80k miles and recently traded it for 04 Pathfinder LE platinum edition.

i felt i'm getting lot of noise from the engine overall. Looks like i'm not the only one feeling it.
    Also i'm getting 12mile/gallon which is strange as my o1 PF gave 16+ consistently in city and even got 20s on the highways
    Any input is helpful before i take it to the dealership

Thanks
  • 01pfle01pfle Member Posts: 4
    mj - I've got similar woes. Looks like your reply was over a year and half back.... any luck?.... I just had my '01 LE in for service and they gave me the old "I don't hear it mister". When I called BS ~ they admitted ther was a technical bulletin outlining a housing that needed replacing that may cause the problem. They claim to have replaced the housing, but I still have the rattle whenever the ac or heat is on. The higher RPM I run the noisier it gets.
  • 01pfle01pfle Member Posts: 4
    any luck with this? I have 01 LE - same dealio - dealer replaced housing which supposedly is the problem - no joy........ rattle is constant whenever heat or ac is on - higher the rpm (uphills & just booting it) the wose the rattle / whir gets.

I know it's a pretty minor thing but I'm developing a tick all the same
  • golgo31golgo31 Member Posts: 6
    Went out to dinner sat. Valet takes truck attempts to start it when it is already on,not happy gave him the angry look. Now when i am driving i get a strange sound as if i was adjusting my mirrors or zooming in and out with a camera that occurs infrequently. Sound seems to be coming from dash or right up under the hood because i can hear it also with my window down. I looked under hood everything appears normal but i am certainly not a mechanic. I am also getting the dreaded pathy shimmy between 50-70mph and noticed while checking fuses that RAD FAN FL30a was missing, ETS MTR 20a, and power socket 15a. Can someone please give any input regarding "the noise",and what are the importance of the missing fuses. also this vehicle was purchased used from a nissan dealership and it also has an aftermarket alarm with remote starter that cranks but does not turn over the engine. Any input is welcomed since this is the vehicle that i use to take my 3yr old to school every morning. 2000 path se 4x4.
  • jawcpajawcpa Member Posts: 1
    2001 LE - remote controls both fail (with new batteries). Nissan lists a TSB requiring reprogramming.

Also, power front seat won't move - forward & back. TSB requires new motor.

Has anyone had luck with an out-of-warranty adjustment for these problems?
  • bimmer4mebimmer4me Member Posts: 266
    I had the same problem a few years ago with my PF 2001 LE. Dealer disconneted battery(negative cable) for ? minutes and some how it reset itself. It wasn't till my warranty expired that I found out there was a TSB issued. I haven't had a problem since. Give it a try...can't hurt.
  • tgeetgee Member Posts: 2
    But I just replaced the bulb with a brand new Xenon Bulb, could it be something else?