Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    My sister has an '02 PF with 60K miles and a manual transmission. There is a scraping noise when accelerating in 2nd gear only, and the harder you accelerate the louder the noise is. I have an '01 with an automatic trans, and have never experienced anything like this. Anyone have any ideas what the noise might be?
  • makitrightmakitright Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2005 SE, with 25,000 miles on it (about 45,000 KM), I've had it for 20 months. When driving on the highway and I hit 75 mph (120 km/hr) it suddenly feels like the front end of the truck is driving on winter tires (studded tires). When I hit 85 mph (about 140 km/hr) it feels like I'm driving on loose gravel - the vibration is that bad. This is on dry, smooth, newly laid down highway asphalt.

I have had the wheels aligned and balanced twice in the last 2 weeks by Nissan to correct the problem, but the vibration has not gone away. Nissan tells me that my OEM BF Goodrich tires are damaged and have become "notched" due to the condition of the roads, and that they will need to be replaced to eliminate the problem. These are 16" SUV tires with only 25,000 miles on them! Tires that have never been off pavement for more than 4 seconds...and...heck...this thing is an SUV, it can take a few potholes can't it?

I haven't started to [non-permissible content removed] and moan yet to Nissan - but I'm aiming to soon. I wanted to get some of the 2005 owner feedback before if I could. You may want to get out on the highway and open up the throttle and see if you feel any difference once you get past 75 mpg. Nissan did have some big issues in 2003/04 with front end suspensions for a number of their models. Let me know what you come up with - this may effect your Pathfinder down the road.

The long-term test Pathfinder that PBS's Motorweek had also had this exact trouble with vibration - check out their review at http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/longterm/pathfinder05.shtml
    The difference is that it sounds like Motorweek was able to correct the problem by re-balancing the tires and wheels, but your dealer was not successful. I have an '01 PF and there is a well documented problem with wheel/tire balance on that model year (as I recall the same issue afflicted '02 models also). The only way to properly balance the wheels and tires on my truck is to use a Hunter GSP9700 Road Force Balancing Machine, and the operator has to be patient, apparently the wheels/tires on my truck (stock, not aftermarket) are very difficult to correctly balance. Perhaps this might solve your issue, too. To find a garage or dealer with a GSP9700 machine, go to gsp9700.com, and click on "locate a gsp9700". Please take the time to let us know how you are able to have the issue with your truck corrected.
    Shark715 - Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying to get in touch with Motorweek to see if in fact if they have solved their problem. Reading their review, your are left to assume that it is solved because they don't mention it again after they balance the wheels. In fact, with me, the problem got worse after the first balancing and wheel alignment. Initially, the vibration only kicked in at 85 mph, now like clock work, it's there at 75 mph. I will search out for your recommended equipment, hopefully at dealer/warranty coverage. Thanks again.
    Sorry, me again. What are your thoughts on original BF Goodrich's needing to be replaced after 25,000 miles? I know you can't see them, but honestly these things look brand new. They have 80% to 85% wear remaining and have no visable sign of any damage across the tread whatsoever. I know Goodrich is not the top of the line tire but is Nissan trying to pass the buck to this tire manufacturer?
  • pwlong19pwlong19 Member Posts: 3
    I talked to a mechanic at the local Nissan dealer and he said it might be the starter. He said a simple test was to whack the starter with something like a broom handle the next time it wont start. Ive tried it once and it worked! Im waiting for the next time it happens to be sure before I go out and buy another starter($150+). FYI
  • pwlong19pwlong19 Member Posts: 3
    Second time now that the car wouldn't start and I banged on the starter, took three times, but it started. I'll be installing a new starter soon and I'll repost if the problem doesn't go away. :)
  • jack0565jack0565 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all
    I'm having problems with controlling my rear windows from my drivers side control switch. I'm sure it's the switch becuase I could reach to the rear and move them. Can someone tell me the best way to remove the control switch. I've ordered a new unit ot replace it. Thanks in advance.
    I don't know the answer to you question, but if the problem was the the master switch would it not also affect your ability to operate the front passenger side window too?
  • jack0565jack0565 Member Posts: 6
    I don't think so. I think the whole unit consists of separate relays for different functions. I'm just changing the whole unit because I have one on hand.
  • eddie97eddie97 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE , all 4 of my windows go up and down very slow , took it to the dealer and they said is was the cold , so low and behold it's summer now 90' degree plus and i'm still having the same problem . So before i spend a couple hundred to get this fixed , is their anyone that can tell me if they had this problem & how did they get it fixed. PLEASE HELP !!!
  • sdnissan1sdnissan1 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem, my Pathfinder is 2002, with 135k miles. The dealer has had the Nissan Technician looking at it, but they cannot find a solution. They have told me the timing is not advancing to 22degrees btdc, instead it is only at 10degrees. Have you had any luck with a repair?
  • chefcschefcs Member Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is Chris, I have 2001 nissan pathfinder. I have problems with my temperture gauge rising to hot zone. I took it a mechanic, he told me it was my clutch fan. Had it replace, but still having the same problems. I hosed out the radiator from the back for any debris, but still nothing. Also my dashboard lights go out from time to time, anyone having the same problems, any advice? Please help. Thanks,
    Chris.
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    I had this problem with my '01 - but only the front drivers side. Probably because that was the only that I really used with any frequency. It was much worse in the winter when it got cold...to the point where the window wouldn't go down all the way. The dealer told me that the guides got gummed up easily. They cleaned them on two different occasions and it did make a difference. Luckily they didn't charge me for it, even though the warranty had expired.
  • coreydcoreyd Member Posts: 9
    I'm new here and have a rather serious problem. I wrecked the front end of my 01 SE 3.5 and now am trying to fix it all. The problem spawns from the need for a new front cross-member. It runs across the front of the frame, and is welded on (at least on mine.) So far I have yet to be able to find ANYTHING pertaining to this part. If you have any ideas, sources, or information, then I would be appreciative. Thanks.
    in response to the window problem... i've had the same one on just one window. however i did have the door taken apart and a new motor installed. then we cleaned the guides out. it was all under warranty.
  • tedchristensentedchristensen Member Posts: 4
    Neither of my cigarette lighters in my 2000 Pathfinder LE work. I got the vehicle used, and the lighters have never worked. I tried looking for a blown or missing fuse, but cannot make heads or tails of the diagrams beside the steering wheel or under the hood. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • tedchristensentedchristensen Member Posts: 4
    The CD player in my 2000 Pathfinder LE won't accept CD's. It doesn't seem to skip, but rather holds the CD's inside for a few seconds, then spits them back out. I got the vehicle used, and the CD player has always done this. Any ideas?
  • ken_dken_d Member Posts: 4
    My boat trailer lights worked fine at first, then, after trailering 300 miles, only the running lights worked - no turn signals or brake lights. After setting out at 6:00 PM, I turned on the lights when it got dark and nothing on the trailer worked. I've never seen trailer light function go out piecemeal like this. When I stopped for gas, I checked the manual and the found the fuse box in the engine compartment. It has what appear to be flashers for left trailer turn, right trailer turn, trailer running lights, trailer brakes, etc. This would explain the sequential failure of the functions. There is also a 15 amp fuse that was blown, but it couldn't have been the sole cause because of the way the trailer lights failed. I have a friend with a 2005 Pathfinder and he has had no trailer light function the first 2 times he tried to hook up a trailer. Has anyone else experienced these problems? I haven't been to the dealer yet and can't check the fuse replacement until I hook up my boat again. This fusing/flasher set up looks overly complex - usually one fuse handles everything with the trailer. BTW, I really love the Pathfinder in all other respects. It's the best towing vehicle I've ever used.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    ken, does the pathy have a 4 pin or a five pin harness? if a four pin, how do you handle the brake lock out solenioid. thanks. rr70
  • nlongonlongo Member Posts: 1
    cryobaby,
    Thank you for posting this. I believe I'm having the same problem with my '03 PF. I had brake problems pretty much since the day I drove the PF off the lot. The dealer never resolved the issue but after awhile I noticed uneven ware on my front tires. This past Aug I put on 4 new tires (the same as you ironically). Since then I had the same vibration problem. The tires were balanced twice. No one could find a problem after that and the vibration, although much less that originally, still occurs, especially at speed. It's now been a while and I'm hearing what sounds like loose parts in the front suspension when ever the suspension is fully extended. I've been planning to take it into the dealer again but I've been trying to convince myself what it is. I'm going in assuming I too have a bad strut.

Thanks again. I just fell better reading your note. It sounds all to familiar.

Nick
  • pfclinton03pfclinton03 Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem with my 03 PF. I felt this coming on a few months back. Could even be 12 months. My PF is fully serviced but in 1st and 2nd all the power is there. Shift to 3rd gear and at about 3.4rpm it dies, 4th gear is a waste of time. 5th no problem I seem to have all the power I should in that gear. I asked dealer to look when it was serviced 1 week ago. Oil/air/fuel filter and oil changed. But still loosing the power in those gears. I have just started looking into this now, as dealer hooked it up to computer and nothing showed. He said I would need to leave it with him for a day or more, so they can strip down as part of troubleshoot. But I am reluctant to do that, one is cost the other is they may use the PF themselves. I am going to follow up with other dealers, but if any one there knows about this issue please post. Thanks in Advance.
    Thanks for the reply, rr70. My Pathfinder has a factory installed 4 pin harness. I've made no modifications. In answer to your question, I don't handle the brake lockout solenoid. I wasn't aware that there was anything I needed to do. I traded in a Ford F-150 that was similarly equipped and never had a problem.
    Ken_D
  • beyerwbeyerw Member Posts: 1
    The transmission on my 96 PF auto (130K) has recently started slipping. Check engine light came on with P1760, which reads "Overrun clutch solenoid or circuit fault" in the Haynes manual. However I can't find any other explanation in the manual as to what they are talking about. Please HELP.
  • mjd877mjd877 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same exact issue with my 2005 SE. I'm at 22K miles. I had it looked at two days ago. I was supposed to get an alignment, but they said I needed new tires too. They said the tires were "feathered". I got 4 new tires (22K miles!!!!) and an alignment, they claim it sorted the problem I took it on the highway yesterday morning, and the issue is worse, much worse. The vibration is stronger and I now feel it at 50mph and up. (before it was 60 and up) Now I have a new problem, when I break it pulls to the right and vibrates. I brought it back this morning, lets see what they say.
  • lbinhlbinh Member Posts: 190
    The car was fine in West Virginia for a year. Came back to Houston and within a week the SES light came on. Might be the heat and humidity. Couldn't pass Texas inspections with my SES light on.

Rear Bank 1 O2 sensor DTC (Drivers Side). Read the Nissan TSB and replaced the rear O2 sensor myself. Bought the part from Nissan dealer for $145. Saved $200 in labor and diagnosis fees. TSB also stated to reprogram the ECM after replacement. I postponed that part thinking just a replacement would cure the SES light. I then reset the SES light at Autozone. It came back on a week later.

Finally, I took it to Nissan dealer with my O2 sensor part receipt from them and explained the TSB and asked for a ECM reprogram according to the TSB. The were resistant but they eventually reprogrammed it for free. It is covered under the 8yr 80K mile ECM and emissions warranty. SES light has been off since then.

2001 LE 2WD w/68K miles.
  • smpech95smpech95 Member Posts: 1
    HELP! My passenger seat forward/backward switch doesn't work, the driver's seat switch will move the right side but not the left (this is new), battery is dying all of the sudden. This is a 2003 I got new from the dealer. Now they are saying it's out of warranty and I have to pay.

Also, I'm reading about front vibration. Had that problem since driving the car. They say I drive with both feet and that's the cause. I don't drive like that...can't! I'm fed up with this car and will never have another one. Any suggestions on the above problems?
    as far as the vibration... i had the same in my 01 pathfinder. i have only a few suggestions though. check the alignment. if they are new tires or different size/type than the OE tires then that can be the problem. Somtimes the dealer or whoever installs the tires can install them and then not align then right for the tires. other than that, have the steering linkage checked for tightness and such.
  • 01pf_se01pf_se Member Posts: 10
    the tires ae difficult to balance .You need to use a Hunter machine to balance them correctly.
    Smpech:

1) regarding the passenger seat, the first thing I would check is the fuse. Also, is it possible there is something jammed under the seat interfering with its movement? It's certainly possible the seat motor or a relay needs to be replaced, but that's unusual for any car as the driver's seat motor typically sees far more use than the passenger side power seat.

2) When you say "the drivers seat switch will move the right side but not the left", it's not clear what you are speaking of (the right side of what?)

3) Your post doesn't mention why you think the battery is dying. It's certainly possible, if you have an early '03, the battery is now 4 years old or more. Automobile batteries generally have a lifespan of 4-7 years depending on how the vehicle has been used and if the battery has been properly maintained.

4) Your post also mentioned a vibration. It's hard to say without being there, but I would guess that the fact that the dealer accused you of "driving with both feet" might mean that the vibration has to do with the brakes. Do you feel the vibration only when you are braking? If yes, it's likely that your rotors are warped from being overheating. This is not an usual problem with '01 to '04 Pathfinders, especially if you use your brakes hard a lot. The rotors in these trucks don't seem to stand up well to heavy, frequent braking. Take a look at Nissan service bulletin #00033 at www.nissanhelp.com under "bulletins" to learn more.

It's too bad you are fed up with your truck. If these are the only problems you've had in 3 or 4 years (how many miles on on your truck?), that's really not all that bad. I have an '01 with 105K miles, and while it has not been perfect, overall my ownership experience has been reasonably good.
  • mathmrderosamathmrderosa Member Posts: 3
    I took mine in for a few minor fixes, and mentioned this twang (thinking it was a minor problem that could evolve into a major one...right about the time the warranty runs out). They told me the same thing, that it is the ABS self-check. Makes sense that it is ABS related. The only time the sound disappeared for a short time was after the ABS engaged during an icy stop last winter. My next few start-ups, I didn't hear the sound, So I thought it must have fixed itself. But sure enough, it came back. It's a little annoying... I have been listening for it after every startup for 15 months now...Now I can stop worrying about it, so maybe now I will stop listening for it...
  • goodlookindorkgoodlookindork Member Posts: 1
    I have EXACTLY the same problem on my 95 PF, but do not have a fix yet. I will reply as soon as I get one. Also, the truck will not turn over if the fuse is blown. Any help for us?
  • hkathrynhkathryn Member Posts: 1
    Over the weekend I left my Pathfinder parked while out of town, when I went to drive home yesterday the left turn signal has gone crazy (sped up, etc.) and the parking brake light comes on and off while I'm driving, although tapping the breaks turns it off sometimes. Any thoughts?
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Member Posts: 621
    If a turn signal flashes quickly, it means that one of your turn signal bulbs is burned out and needs replacing.

The brake light has two functions:
    1) signals that the parking brake is engaged
    2) signals that the brake fluid reservoir is low.

The fluid reservoir is low usually because the brake pads are wearing. Check the remaining thickness of the front brake pads. They may be due to be replaced soon.
  • cdiacovellicdiacovelli Member Posts: 1
    The dash cig socket works in my 03 pathy; however, the center console and rear cargo cig sockets are out of action. Does anyone know if this is a fuse or wiring issue?

Chris
    mjd877 - replying to your message about the feathering of your tires. Actually "feathering" of the tires is the correct term for the problem that we are both experiencing. When you look and feel the outside of the tread, and go around the tire, one portion of the tread is higher, the next portion is lower, the next is higher, and so on, all the way around the entire outer tread of the tire. Now you tell us that you have gone ahead and changed your tires and you are still having the problem, in fact, it's getting worse. My inclination about this problem all along with Nissan is that it is much bigger than just an alignment problem. When I asked them to really look a little closer at the suspension system, even though I have a basic 3 year warranty, plus an extended 6 year warranty on this SUV, they refused. Your issue today tells me that I may have been right and that there may be a bigger problem here with this vehicle. Nissan has had a history of suspension problems in the past with several of their cars and trucks, so it is conceivable that it comes about again. Did Nissan pay to replace your tires? It doesn't sound like it. Keep track of your conversations, your invoices and the like. I would suggest you start to document everything you can about this problem with your Nissan, because based upon how Nissan refused to help me out, even in the slightest, you may end up in court over this one. I have since sold my Pathfinder, in fact I sold it two weeks ago. But I had to replace the tires for the buyer which knocked off $800 my already less than perfect selling price. Selling SUV's privately these days is a tough thing to do especially when dealers are almost giving them away. Let me know how things go, because depending on what happens with you, maybe I'll get my $800 back from Nissan in small claims, because the tire replacement shouldn't have been needed so soon on a SUV with 28K - and yours didn't need to be replaced due to "alignment" - it's much bigger than that - makitright
    Following up on your message - I did follow up with the Nissan dealer to inquire as to the equipment they use for balancing. They were a little put off with me when I asked them what type of equipment they used however. Before I did so, I took the opportunity to have my wheels rebalanced at another specialty shop that does nothing but balance wheels. Their machines of choice were two Corghi EM 8540's recalibrated every morning. Tens days after Nissan balanced my wheels on their Hunter (they would not tell me the model number however) my wheels were off by 3.5 lbs all around which is significant according to this specialty shop and should never be especially after 10 days of normal , very calm normal driving, believe me when I say this, I am a very relaxed driver of this vehicle. Back to what I was saying, Nissan had two balancing machines. They had the Hunter and they had a Corghi. Anyway, the tires were rebalance, however the feathering was in place on the tire and so the vibration or rumbling from the front end that occurs at about 75 mph did not go away and will not go away because the tires are too far gone. You may have seen the posting from the fellow (dated June 20/06) who experiencing the exact same feathering problem as I am at exactly the same milage on the 2005 Pathfinder. I believe their is a bigger issue here that Nissan doesn't want to get into because it may cost them some bucks. I don't know, I just think that when a customer pays $30 or $40K for a company's product and in my case, shells out another $1200 for an extended warranty, they should at least pretent that they care - maybe just a little. In my case, Nissan is treating me like I just bought floor mats for my 1982 Datsun! I guess they never read a book on customer care and customer loyalty or how much damage a disgruntled customer can do when he shares his miserable experience about NISSAN with everyone he gets into a conversation about cars with for the next 40 years.
    You may be right about the alignment problems, but there's another possibility - crappy tires. My '06 Pathfinder came equipped with Bridgestone low-end tires. So far, so good. However, I had a '97 Ford F-150 that always pulled to one side. The dealer aligned it several times with no effect. The pull to one side only went away after tire rotation(front to back). After the next rotation, the problem returned. Ford also used lousy tires on their new vehicles and, like all manufacturers, tell you that the tire warranty is with the tire manufacturer. A bit of research made me not want any more of that brand of tire. After about 20,000 miles, I gave up and bought Goodyear Wrangler tires and the problem went away. Something to consider.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sounds like what you are describing is "cupping" or "scalloping" of the tires (high/low spots)unless I'm reading your post incorrectly. This is fairly common on 4X4s and somewhat unavoidable. Presuming tire balance is correct, I'd suggest more frequent tire rotations for sure, and checking your tire inflation regularly. How often have you rotated your tires? On a 4X4, I'd do it often.

Tire balance, weak shocks or springs, or faulty wheel bearings all cause cupping, but so does normal driving to some extent.

Some folks do use "cupping" & "feathering" interchangeably, but the way I learned it in school was that feathering is really a kind of "scuffing" of the tire caused by bad toe-in/toe-out (misalignment problems).

Maybe new tires and frequent rotation will solve your problem..but of course get the wheel balance and alignment dead on before you install new tires, and check for strut leaks or failure.
  • frustrated03frustrated03 Member Posts: 3
    I have gone thru an oil consumption test and it has been found that the car lost over 3.5 quarts of oil in 3100 miles. The dealership contacted Nissan and within 2 days a new engine was delivered. It will be installed on Tuesday, though there is no guarantee that this will not happen again. I have found 2 others w/ similiar problems, (03 pathy & an 04) both now have new engines.
    You are probably right about crappy tires. But at this point I just don't know any more. I just find this "tire manufacturer thing" to be the weirdest thing when you buy a vehicle. It's kind of like you have just bought a $2000 Brooks Brothers suit, and the sleeves fall off, and when you go back to store where you bought it to have it replaced or repaired, they tell you that it's not their problem and that you will have to deal with the thread manufacturer because they are the ones that are ultimately responsible for keeping the sleeves on the suit!

I guess from a customer loyalty perspective and from an "If this were my business perspective", I bought a SUV from Nissan and their passing the buck so quickly has left a very bad impression with me - about Nissan. When you buy a $40K plus vehicle, including additional cost extended warranties, I think that should be sufficient for Nissan to fully support their product. If a car manufacturer makes a cost decision in the manufacturing process to save $5 dollars a tire (or whatever it is) to put on an inferior grade tire on new vehicles, they should then not pass the responsability back onto the tire manufacturer when their product fails prematurely. I bought the SUV from Nissan, I expect Nissan to fully support their product - crappy tires included!

Then to really make it fun, and I guess this is how "car company enemy's for life" are then created, when the service advisor dismisses your concerns about your wheels being out of balance by 3.5 lbs all around only 10 days after Nissan's technicians aparently put them "in balance", well that kinda got to me. After having Nissan balance and align my wheels twice within a two week period, I went to a specialty alignment shop and had the wheel balancing checked 10 days later. I drove normally in those 10 days, actually I'm a pretty cautious driver, it drives my 16 year old crazy in fact. Sorry, I digress. I probably would never have found this problem with vibration in the first place a while back if I had not been running late for an appointment one day and had to step on it on the highway. I usually I drive the highway speed limit (boring I know) at around 65-70 mpg. Once I got it up to 85 mpg the vibration really kicked in.

Anyway, bottom line...you build it...you sell it...you take my money...you support me, because I am your customer!
    Check out reply #2081, a lot of my thoughts and answers to your questions are in there. The service advisor did use the term "cupping" as well, your description is bang on. I also have a 99 4Runner Limited that coincidentially had Bridgestones as OEM's as well. Those tires did not suffer from feathering - just to let you know.

Interesting enough, there is a fellow/gal on this site who is experiencing the exact same problem as I. His/her post is only a few from this one, I'm sorry, I don't have the name. As well, their is someone in my neighborhood who bought a 2005 Pathfinder SE (exact to mine) about 6 months ago. I dropped by to see her on Friday and guess what? At 12,000 miles, her tires are starting to show the high/low spots on the treads.

So what is it - crappy tires or suspension problems??
    Only the Nissan gods can really say - and their not talking.

Frequency of rotation/balancing was on every oil change, which was about 4000 miles. I had the wheels aligned twice a year when I switched from winters to 4 seasons - I live in Montreal. I don't know if their was any other front end problems with the truck, as Nissan would always come back with "there is nothing wrong anywhere else", this in spite of a very noticable noise (loose metallic parts) coming from the front end anytime I drove over anything slightly uneven. I guess I can keep going to garage after garage and shelling out dollars to have this thing weeded out, but I just don't have that kind of free time - does anybody have the ability to do that?

The mystery continues.
  • greenrachgreenrach Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

I own a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and I need to replace the tailpipe and back muffler. As long as I need to get a new muffler, I would like one that may help get better gas milage and better overal performance. Plus, I would love to get one with a decent exterior sound. I need to purchase this ASAP, so any help would be really appreciated!

Thank!!!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    This is not something that just a back muffler can do for you. At best, you'll make more noise and maybe get 1-2HP but no MPG. That's about it unless you go to exhaust headers, free-flow catalytic and performance rear exhaust. So save your money if you are expecting any improvement in power or MPG from just replacing a rear muffler. The stock OEM is just fine.
  • elpantherelpanther Member Posts: 3
    I have an 01 Pathfinder. All of a sudden my liftgate won't open. I can open the window but not the door. Seems like the latch is not catching when I try to unlock the door. I am trying to avoid going to the dealer. Anyone have any good ideas?
    Greenrach, one other piece of advice. You will be shocked at the dealer price for a muffler on this truck. There seems to be a huge premium for OEM versus aftermarket. I suggest you also get a price from Midas, although the Midas unit to fit this truck is not exactly the same as the OEM unit...the tailpipe comes out at an angle (like it did on the '99-'00 model years) versus straight out. May not be the look you want, but you may be surprised at the cost savings.
  • greenrachgreenrach Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help!
  • joemaggsjoemaggs Member Posts: 1
    I just had this problem myself. After $900.00 in service and no results. It was the actual distributer. Not a tune up - the distributer had to be replaced. I am confident that is the problem. I had a full tune up, replaced all the fuel injectors, air filter, exhaust was disconnected and then reconnected. That should solve your problem.
  • emsavageemsavage Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 95 pathfinder that has the very same issue. It dies and then a couple days later it is fine. I have taken it to the dealer and several mechanics and no one can find anything wrong.
    umm i had the same problem. i gave up, left it alone, and later that day it worked again. just try unlocking it manually with the key a few times. its what i ended up doing.