Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Owners: Accessories & Modifications

14567810»

Comments

• pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    What you are being told is true. It appears a Hunter 9700 "road force balancer" is the only solution to getting a proper balance on this vehicle. Search back through 2001 (when this design first came out) and you'll see a lot of posts on this.

Cause? The wheels are quite heavy, that may be part of it. According to at least one poster in "tires, tires, tires" on this board, it may also partially be caused by the design of the suspension. One poster indicates that the industry doesn't fully understand what influences this problem.

Find a local shop with the Hunter 9700 (who know how to use it) on the Hunter web site and get them to balance your wheels. That has fixed the problem for most who have it.
  • ivetteivette Member Posts: 3
    I towed 4000 lb trailer when I moved, it handled very well. I have a hidden hitch installed. Do you know where the drivers side gommet is under the vehicle that the harness wire is supposed to come out of? I have tried to find it and cant figure it out, I was able to install the passenger side.
  • ivetteivette Member Posts: 3
    I cant find the drivers side gommet located under the truck which I am supposed to pull the wire through, does anyone know where it is. I was able to find the passenger side one. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • tmd071tmd071 Member Posts: 1
    Have you found your cupholder insert? I had a 2001 and traded it in, but forgot to re-insert the cupholder because I never used it. I too had a beige interior, but the insert is black. If you want it, it's yours. Just let me know where to send it.
  • rodc4rodc4 Member Posts: 1
    I have Toyo Open Country A/T tires on my 97 Pathfinder SE and have been real happy with them. I have 64,000 miles on them and will be replacing them any day. I am tempted to go with the Goodyear Fortera HL as it was top rated by Consumer Reports but I have seen stories on the internet about people having a hard time keeping them balanced. The Dunlop Radial Rover AT is also rated better than the Open Country and is much cheaper in the Seattle area. The other tire I am considering is the Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country. It is hard to argue with getting 64 K miles on a set of tires though. If anyone has experience with the tires mentioned I would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    My wife has had Forteras on her Explorer for the past year. No complaints at all, seem to be very good in the snow.
  • obxbeachpathyobxbeachpathy Member Posts: 2
    Hey bigjohn, I have a 2000 Pathfinder LE with 3" sus. lift and I installed a Rod Rack last winter. I see that your in Albemarle. I live up in Norfolk, Va but have a house in Kitty Hawk. I went to T.W.s Bait and Tackle in KH to buy the rack. They sell a front hitch that they say is universal, but I did'nt see how it would fit on the front end. So I went to Home Depot and bought a 4 foot section L-shaped steel with holes throughout it and multiple METRIC nuts and bolts. I used a hacksaw to cut the steel and made brackets. I took the front plate off and attached the brackets to the licesnse plate mounts. Then I took a longer peice of steel with the tall side sawed off, so it was flat with a 90 degree bend at the end, and bolted it inbetween the verticle center bar and the vehicle frame. After tightening the bolt, I was done. It is very sturdy, it doesnt even shake traveling down NC12 or Wright Memorial Bridge during our nasty Nor'easters. Hope this helps, once I finally fiqured out what to do, it was easy. See ya on the OBX Sometime!
  • stallllinstallllin Member Posts: 1
    i am installing wiring for trailer but am having trouble peeling back interior panel passenger side rear because the cubby hole wont lift out ....any help wpould be appreciated
  • maxpower!maxpower! Member Posts: 3
    I just got a '91 Pathfinder the other day without the user's manual. I noticed a toggle switch on the dash that says "E-AT" on it. Can someone tell me what this is? Thanks.
  • thrbekthrbek Member Posts: 14
    Catch-All liners by Nifty Products are also very nice. I just ordered some for my '05...they don't show up on Nifty's website, but they are available. You just need to call. Go out and Google for Catch-All and look at the pictures. They're pretty awesome mats.

:)
  • shangaishangai Member Posts: 1
    Answer: In short, it is the Power/Economy switch for the automatic transmission. For the slightly longer version this power/economy switch is similar to the sport/economy switch that can be found on other cars. The normal or default mode is the economy mode. Pressing the switch will activate the power mode, which changes the shift points by causing the transmission to shift later for an up-shift and sooner for a down shift, thus allowing the engine to rev a bit higher than it would normally in the economy mode. This power mode is useful when towing and when climbing a steep grade. Using the power mode under these conditions is most helpful in preventing the transmission from hunting or using a gear that is too high for the situation.
  • fpallfpall Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys;
    I am asking you for some help, I have a 1999 PathFinder EXE
    i want to upgrade my audio system with an after-market Amps & CD Deck. To hook-up the amps i will connect a 4 or 8 AWG direct from the battery through the fire-wall, but i cannot any hole to run my power wire. Do i have to drill the fire-wall or there already pre-drill hole with gormmet.
    What is the alternator output amprage ?
    Is the Factory Audio system have a Amps and if yes where can find it, ?
    Please reply asap thanks to guys
  • guthro49guthro49 Member Posts: 1
    I'll buy your cupholder insert if you haven't given it away yet.thanks...
  • gcsal33gcsal33 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the replacement fuse but I have no idea where it goes. The inside fuse box has labels, but they are not clear. Can someone please help.

thanks,

gcs
  • obxbeachpathyobxbeachpathy Member Posts: 2
    BFG!!!
  • texas_sam_08texas_sam_08 Member Posts: 4
    I have recently purchased a 97 PF 2WD auto for my first car(Its ok I am a fairly good and responsible young driver).
    Well I love the car and all but the front bumper/grill leaves me wanting more. I'm going for a "tougher" look so I am wondering what is a good looking and affordable grill guard for a 97. Thanks,
    Sam
  • kooldadkooldad Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I was surprised if anyond had found decent towing mirrors for your Pathfinder?
    I have a 2003 Pathfinder and was wondering where I can find one.

Regards
  • gallengallen Member Posts: 4
    i have a 87 PF and it has those hubs in the front for 4WD and i want to upgrade the look of the old rusted bone stone rims and tires to trailing tires and rims that look nice. can anyone recommend anything for this thanks :cry:
  • rwc5s2rwc5s2 Member Posts: 1
    Any one know how to do a 2" lift on the 2003 4wd without spending a fortune?
  • sm91sm91 Member Posts: 3
    Can someone please let me know where I can buy the plastic insert for the large cupholder (I have the dark grey interior).

Thanks.
  • tjfilitjfili Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone had to do this? Looking to purchase a 2001 PF LE that badly needs a new one. The cruise and audio controls are fine but the wheel itself is awful...worn, cracked, etc.

Do I need to buy a whole new column ($600+) or is there a way to just swap out the wheel itself?

Thanks.
  • coreydcoreyd Member Posts: 9
    i've found lift blocks for the pathy and a body lift. you just have to search around 4WD sites pretty much. cost is relatively high depending on what you want. also make sure to check all the lengths of arms and shocks and such so taht you dont top out your suspension.
    i have a 01 SE 3.5 and want bigger tires. i have the 16" pathfinder rims and am wonder what the largest off-road tire i can fit is without having a lot of rubbing. anyone with experience please tell me. i was suggested 31s but i also think they would rub too much. thanks!
    friend of mine has a similar at least product on his f-250. its called a tornado intake and can be found just by searching it online or in most off-road magazines.
  • tinnsbuddytinnsbuddy Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I just bought a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE. Is there is way I can change the knob on the gear shaft. I found out from the Nissan dealership that Nissan does not make accessories for the Pathfinder gear stick but there maybe some aftermarket modifications. Since the automatic transmission gear has a OverDrive button on it, I am not sure if it will be possible to replace the knob on the gear shaft with some cooler looking ones. So thought I will post this question on the forum and see if anybody has done this before or know anything about it. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
    Tinnsbuddy
  • cdbaileycdbailey Member Posts: 1
    I have an 06' pathfinder, I didnt get the factory installed dvd player. I got a good deal on the last new 06 on the lot and it didn't have the dvd. I figured I could buy one (perhaps from J.C. Whitney) and install it myself. Has anyone ever installed one? Just wasnt sure how much trouble I was gonna run into with the installation. Any info????
  • dudenbosteldudenbostel Member Posts: 4
    I would not suggest a 2006. We had a brake sensing unit put in a year ago right after we bought the vehicle. Our sensor lights came on a month ago and we took it to our dealer, Hampton Motors in Fort Walton Beach Florida, after diagnosing the vehicle they downed our vehicle as being unsafe and then determined the whole electrical wiring harness in the vehicle had completely melted. Now a month later, Hampton's determined because of the brake unit (which still works) our warranty is void. The mechanic informed us the brake system was properly installed but other than the unit they cannot determine why the wiring harness burned.
  • sathersather Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1990 Nissan Four Seasons roof rack, new in box, that I never installed, because the next Pathfinder I owned had a factory rack. It is rated at 80 lbs and will fit a 2 dr or 4 dr Pathfinder. It has adjustable cross bars and suggests that it will accomodate optional ski and bike attachments. Does anyone know the year range that this rack will work on? I would like to sell it.
  • tonnestonnes Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to replace the driving light blanks in the front bumper of my '08 Pathfinder S. Has anyone done this? Is there a recommended source for the lights? Can they just be wired to the headlights?

Sorry if this has already been discussed here, but the forum search function isn't working at the moment...

Dave
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Don't worry about repeating a question.

Regarding the search function, I just tried it without any problems. Let us know if you continue to have difficulty with it.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • zozzoz Member Posts: 1
    I just received all season floor mats for my 2008 Pathfinder (part # 999E1-XR000). The grommet for the driver side looks like it is expecting a pole vs a hook and plus there is only one grommet where there are two hooks on the floorboard. The passenger side mat doesn't have a grommet at all.

These are marketed as genuine parts for 2005 - 2008. I can't truly verify this because there are no accessories for 2008 models on the Nissan4Parts.com website.

Does this sound inline w/ other 2007 or 2008 Pathfinder owners? Do I need to send these back and wait for the 2008 catalog? I'm going to the mountains next week and don't know if I should use these or not.

Thanks in advance.
  • rich89rich89 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Every one,
    New here so please be gentle. I just got a 1996 Pathfinder SE and I am looking to replace the chrome caps on the front and back bumpers. Any help on how to replace these parts? Can anyone steer me towards a reasonable parts place or if anyone has the parts. Any help would be appreciated.
  • jb_cojb_co Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a performance module from XLR motorsports for my 2005 Pathfinder. I'm supposed to install it into the Intake Air Temperature sensor. I'm not a mechanic, so I need specific instructions. Much like if you were going to tell a 3rd grader how to install this part. The instructions say the IAT sensor is located on or near the air intake tube that runs to the throttle body, manifold, or nearby. Connector plug with 2 small wires going to it. If anyone can help, I would be greatly indebted! Anyone ever used this?
  • vicshicsvicshics Member Posts: 1
    You really bought that "resistor"? All that thing does is trick your ECU into thinking your air charge is cooler than it really is. All it will do is advance timing, which is not good without professional tuning.

Send that thing back man, it's a complete gimmick!!! :lemon:
  • jb_cojb_co Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, you are the second person to tell me that, and have an explanation as to why. I will be sending it back this week! Any recommendations on where to look for a quality chip that will help with gas mileage and maybe add some HP?
  • adepneradepner Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, 2 part question that I'm sure has been answered, just can't find:

1. For the stock wheels on my 2003 Pathfinder 16" wheels, what are the biggest M/T or A/T tires I can get without modifying the ride height? Looking for a tire good in Snow/Mud but also manageable for highway/daily driving.

2. Thinking about getting a larger rim and tires for the spring through fall. Thinking black rim with chrome accents or outer rim. Any suggestions? Would like a tire that is still good for offroad activities with it too. 18"-20" prefered.
  • mandibleclawmandibleclaw Member Posts: 1
    Hey I just bought my Pathfinder new (SE model) but didn't see the point in spending $4,000 more for a sunroof, leather, BOSE system, nav, and bluetooth when all I wanted was the bluetooth. Anyone know of a place I can get it done aftermarket?
  • wheeli247wheeli247 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99' PF and the wheel well is rusting away from the frame. Thinking about some U shaped strut brackets. Any ideas for purchase or mod. tips.
  • lboiv001lboiv001 Member Posts: 1
    I'm soon to be in the market for perhaps a 2003-2004 Pathfinder LE, and I was curious if the smart chip works on this year by saving gas without any adverse effects on reliability....I will be shooting for the 3.5 V6.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this? The forums seem to be thin on detailed or verifiable info.

Thanks in advance.
  • ronkennedy61ronkennedy61 Member Posts: 23
    I removed factory rack from my 2003 SE several years ago and replaced with Yakima. I still have the rack to possibly be reinstalled when I sell the Pathfinder since it is good looking, but not very functional. I want to buy what Yakima dealer said are the four rail end caps from 1999-2004 XE or LE. Nissan parts and junk yards I have located will only sell complete rack. Any help from anyone will be appreciated.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Are these Nissan end caps or Yakima parts?

If they are Yak parts, sometimes you can get bits at cboats.net in the classifieds.
    Thanks for the quick response. I need the 19991/2-2004 XE or LE Nissan rack rail end caps. Several messages in this Forum back in 2002 or 2003 mentioned this, but I only found out about the Forum and joined last week. I would be willing to trade the entire 2003 SE rack, but not the rails, for the end caps.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't think the salvage yards bother to keep up with "cheap" small parts like that so your search there may be at a dead-end.

About the only thing I can think of is eBay (everything there today looks like a complete rack or just crossbars) or put an alert on Craigslist and have every Pathfinder ad in selected cities emailed to you. Maybe you'll find a roll-over that someone is parting out.
    Thank you again. Forgot to mention earlier that my search has been going on for years, but as a new computer user, I did not think of Craigs List, so I'll try it.
    I have cosmetic damage to right rear corner of bumper caused by chain link fence that moved out and hit me. Seriously, I did poor job of spray painting over the dings that penetrated to the black stuff under the silver paint and shops want over $700 to do professional repair. Does anyone sell something like a black adhesive cap or bumper protector that I could apply to both corners or to the entire bumper to hide the damage?
  • richard1956richard1956 Member Posts: 2
    The only seat the raises up and down is the driver. the passenger only goes back and forth and lays down.
  • concreteman1concreteman1 Member Posts: 11
    has any one had any problems with there front wind shield on a f-350 ,look like the darn thing broke loose from the bead from the factor. ford said i'm over on my warranty 36000 miles i have to take care of it myself. :mad:
  • adriano1adriano1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I own a 2005 Pathfinder SE in Mexico and I have doubt if the odometer indicates the route in miles or kilometers as the speedometer shows miles x hr as a principal. Review and 2006 and newer models have the speedometer in km / hr as a principal. It may be that for the Mexican market change the odometer to indicate kilometers?. Thank you for your attention.
  • sweetdemoncatsweetdemoncat Member Posts: 1
    where can i get a original roof rack for a 2003 nissan pathfiner -really only need the rack cover for front
This discussion has been closed.