Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Club Performance Mods

2»

Comments

• pathstarpathstar Member Posts: 201
    Of course, you are only gaining "body clearance", not ground clearance. The diff. will remain at the same height above ground. The handling will suffer somewhat (taller vehicle will lean more in corners at speed and will be more in danger of rollover off road). There are trade-offs in everything. If you want to retain the handling on road but get the body clearance off-road, air springs might be the best route to go. With an on-board air pump, you can vary the height on the fly. Several list members have done this on the rear for tailer towing, and there's no reason it can't also be done on the front.

As duper mentioned, you do have to be very careful not to top out the struts/shocks. A properly designed kit would give you longer travel ones for this mod.
  • austin_paustin_p Member Posts: 27
    thanks for the info.

My thinking was that I could fit bigger tires underneath with a slight lift. I wouldn't be able to fit much bigger tires under it with Air Supension, atleast not as big as with an actual lift.

I am actually trying to gain the ~1.5 inches of clearance that the PF looses to the 4runner.

Bryan
  • brian60brian60 Member Posts: 76
    Hey austin,

You could get halfway there by going to 265/70R16 tires alone. Slight rubbing at full lock in reverse - just a small annoyance that you soon get used to.

Good luck.
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    Hey, I have a 2001 PF & am interested in doing a cold air intake, headers, & cat-back. Has anyone done any of these on the 3.5L? Right now I'm just looking for opinions on any brand...
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    This board is dying people, probably because there's not a lot of mods for the 3.5L PF's. What has everybody done to their PF & what do you think? Hey PATHY01, a while back you mentioned you had a Weapon-R intake & ram-air kit on order. What do you think? I'm looking specifically at intakes, exhaust, & rotors right now...
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Member Posts: 621
    I'm not sure how many people here are interested in creating a more agressive and rugged look for their Pathfinder, but I wanted to spread the word that Calmini, an off-road fabrication company in California, has developed a 2-1/2" lift kit for the Nissan Pathfinder (96-02 models). The lift allows fitment of larger tires and creates a more rugged stance to the truck.

Being an avid off-road enthusiast myself, I had an opportunity to visit their company and take some photos of the prototype vehicle, which was featured at the SEMA (www.sema.org) show in Las Vegas last month.

Besides the lift, Calmini is developing undercarriage armor, roof racks, and new front and rear bumpers.

The front struts have been totally redesigned, providing for full adjustability with respect to ride height and alignment. The front suspension geometry can now be adjusted with regard to not only toe, but camber and caster as well. This is great news to anyone whose truck tends to pull or cannot be aligned to factory specs.

If you're interested in seeing this product make it into production, visit Calmini's web site. Also, take a look at photos of the lift at this link

• nissangirlnissangirl Member Posts: 186
    I wish others would post some pictures of their Pathfinders like you did. I've got an '02 LE Bronzed Gray, and looking for ideas to "beef" it up. Well, actually it's my husbands, but I stay on the lookout for him and give him ideas. I actually have an '03 Maxima...

Come on Path owners....post some pics!
  • world_travelerworld_traveler Member Posts: 153
    Hello Nissangirl,

You'll have to wait a bit for my pics. Almost impossible to keep my truck clean these days with this dirty snow, rain and the sand and salt on the streets......

I am too looking to beef up a bit the look of my Pewter 03 LE. I plan to play around the high contrast of "black" detailing on the pewter color and my silver mags. Black, pewter and silver is an odd but very nice mix !!!

The bronzed gray is very nice too but was not available here in Canada for the 03 models.
  • nissangirlnissangirl Member Posts: 186
    I'll try to remain patient. Want to see it though!

Happy Holidays!
  • 4x4buff4x4buff Member Posts: 12
    It is all stock but my 2002 LE Pathfinder has been through good number of sandy, muddy, snowy, desert and canyon trails that California, Arizona and Utah have to offer.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/parminder_singh_devsi/my_photos

Pathfinder is a capable truck on the dirt, it even won the Baja race in 90s. It is an excellent companion for those who enjoy the great outdoors!

Cheers!
  • gnarfindergnarfinder Member Posts: 1
    I would like to put a set of Bf Goodrich All Terrains on my 97 Pathfinder, I cant decide if the 30/95 R15s or the 31/10.5 R15s would be a better fit. Anyone have experience with either?

-Kris
  • bigt4lbigt4l Member Posts: 2
    I have a 96 pathfinder with uniroyal Liberator All Terrain 31x10.50 R15 tires they fit but they rub a little when making a hard right turn. Other than that no complaints.
  • bigt4lbigt4l Member Posts: 2
    My 96 pathfinder begins to sway at speeds above 50 mph anyone one else experiencing this if so what did u do to stop it?
  • pfduppypfduppy Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 96 PF SE and I've spent all day trying to find a lift kit for it. I called calmini and they said that they don't have a lift kit for the 96 because it is a uni-body construction. Is this a new product?, and if so how do I get ahold of the kit. Please reply ASAP as I am looking to lift my PF in the next 14 days. Thanks.
  • pfduppypfduppy Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lift my Pathfinder(96 SE) anywhere from 1.75" to 3". Eveerybody I've talked to says it cant be done without alot of custom work which would make the vehicle unable to be used as a daily driver. Can it really be this tough? Is there anyone out there that can help?
  • coreydcoreyd Member Posts: 9
    i can tell you that i put 31s on my 2001 and it rubbed a bit, but they basically fit and beefed up my look.
  • lifted98pathlifted98path Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2inch lift for the truck that i am about to take off my pathfinder and i am taking the 32s off so i can sell it stock.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    i ordered the 2 inch springs and shocks and struts. i installed everything and it rode like hell. the next day i took my struts to the machine shop and had 2 inches from some old struts added to my new struts much better and also alot more articulation a must only thing is my new struts didn't last but about a year. maybe they were just some cheep ones they sent.
  • msmith2006msmith2006 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with mine, some one told me to check the rear wheel bearings, but I haven't had time due to the fact that I'm in Iraq, have you found the problem solution yet if so e-mail me at:

mark.smith@tlab.centaf.af.mil

thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "the first V8 in the Pathfinder's 22-year history in the United States"

2008 Nissan Pathfinder Gets 300-HP V8 (Inside Line)

• paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Heard they will be offering the 5.6L V8 in the Pathy next year, anyone else hear this?

-mike
  • dpmjtdpmjt Member Posts: 1
    To fix the sway: I too own a 1996 Pathfinder and replaced the 8 bushings on the 4 rear control arms (2 lower, 2 upper). The bushings were ordered online from Courtesy Nissan along with 8 bolts & nuts for about $150.00. The upper bushings are different from the uppers even though they look the same. Getting the arms off was difficult; in fact, this was the most difficult repair I ever did. Even with an impact wrench, Parts Blaster and a torch, the bolts were frozen and had to be cut with a grinder or drilled-out. Once off, the old bushing have to be pressed out with a 20 ton press (I did it with a 12 ton press but just barely). You also need the right sleeve (arbor?) to push-out the old bushings and push-in the new ones. Applying a torch to the arm helped when pressing them out. I got the press at Harbor Freight. Job took about 15 hours start to finish. A schematic can be found at http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasite/pathfinder-r50-1996-2004/genuine-nissan-pa- rts/axle-suspension/431-rear-suspension/-c-4700_4701_4800_4804.html. Nissan dealer price $1200 to $1600. You can also just buy new arms with the bushings installed. Good Luck!!!
  • kadinikadini Member Posts: 2
    My son has a 1995 Pathfinder.

In addition to the more or less stock tires he also has 4 studded snow tires (in my garage) which he has no need for.

He want's to trade/sell the regular tires and the snow tires (rims and all) for oversized rims and tires.

I won't go into the merits of what he wants to do, that's his thing. I am interested in getting the snow tires out of my garage as quickly as possible. He has agreed to let me post them on Craigs list.

The tires are radial WINTER KING P235/75R15 108Q M+S. The rims are (factory) painted white enamel with a red and blue pen stripe around the circumference. I don't think either the rims or the tires have been used much. The rims are in very good to excellent condition and the tires have excellent tread and, as far as I can tell, no missing studs.

Is $350 a fair asking price?

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this sort of query.

Thanks.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Try Nissan Pathfinder Tires and Wheels.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.