Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newmownernewmowner Member Posts: 86
    Silver Star in Long Island City (Queens) is running a deal until July 5th that you get their employee discount, which they are claiming is the car at their "invoice" (which I do not think is their real cost). In any event, that can be a couple thousand off the sticker without any negotiation whatsoever. I went to NJ and got $2750 off the sticker. :shades:
  • islander1islander1 Member Posts: 1
    I too an looking for a ML in SOCAL. Have not been able to talk with anyone at fletcher jones. auto steigler pricng is in third place right now. Still negotiating!
  • imadutchgirlimadutchgirl Member Posts: 1
    Sorry we are in NJ!
  • bobcat2099bobcat2099 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase a new SUV but cannot decide whether I should buy the Lexus GX470 or the New 2006 Mercedes ML500. I've test driven both of them and they both drive well. ML 500 has lots of power and torque and rides very well. GX470 is very smooth. The price is similar too. The big differentiators are the following:

1) Gx470 has 3rd row optional seats whereas Ml500 does not
    2) Cost of Maintenance - Which one is going to be more expensive?

Any other pros and cons that I should consider?

I appreciate your input//thx/bob
  • mojo4mojo4 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my ML 350 & so far I'm loving it! Paid $45k (tax & lic. excl.)with appearance pkg., Ent. pkg, & sunroof. Is that a good deal? If not, what can I do now right? I'm SOL if I overpaid! :-)
  • kokopellijimkokopellijim Member Posts: 1
    You are indeed correct. The rule changed for boats, recreationla vehicles and autos and the time requirement is now 365 days and the item cannot be brought back in at all until then otherwise it is taxed.
  • opus1985opus1985 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy an ML350 in the Philadelphia (Devon/Westchester)
    area. From the postings here, I should expect $2500 or more off sticker price.

(I'm basically looking for something basic with the comfort, sunroof,
    and trim packages, NAV, heated front seats and ent system.)

So far dealers are offering between $1K and $2K off MSRP.

Thanks for any advice and any dealers to focus on.

Bharat (Opus)
  • budbudbudbud Member Posts: 2
    I just agreed today to buy an 06 ML350: sunroof, appearence w/chrome wheels, harmon stereo, heated seats, list is $47,035 (excl tax & fees). I'm in the northeast.

Dealer took $2,000 off the top, then $11,000 for trade-in (total of $13,000 off the $47,000).

Trade - early 99 ml320 (built 8/98), sunroof, leather, heated seats, 84,000 miles..Considering the age of the trade, I thought $13,000 off total was a good deal.

I planned to finance the balance at 4.65% for 60 months but they offered a lease.Never leased before.Not a business owner, can't write it off.

39 months at $653 with $2,836 out of pocket (includes $2,039 sales tax, regis, tags, 1st payment). They would give me a check for the $8,100 balance ($11,000 trade-in minus the $2,836). purchase price at end is $30,772.

Is this lease a good deal? Any reason I should/shouldn't do it?
  • jjclanjjclan Member Posts: 1
    I have a different opinion, EUROMOTORCARS has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. Even in dealing with the general manager to get my issues resolved as ineffective. This is truly not the type of service that one would expect from a Mercedes Dealership. I will never patronize this business again, I will take the drive to Silver Spring or Virginia to avoid this dealership. Many of my co-workers also have recieved poor customer service from this dealer. BEWARE!!!
  • anthonyd42anthonyd42 Member Posts: 5
    ML350 Premium/Ent/DVD Navi paid INVOICE at Beverly Hills MB. Which I thought was a pretty good deal. Not the best on this forum, but way better than I was being offered from FJ, Auto-Steigler and Keys.

The trick: I went to the INTERNET dept! It's a given there that you're looking up stuff on-line so the salesperson went to Edmunds and cars direct, figured out their best price and then beat it. More negotiating brought us to me paying invoice (or at least what Edmunds says is invoice).

And I am very happy with the dealership so far as well. Great service. I was seriously not even going to go there assuming they wouldn't deal as well since they're in Beverly Hills but I'm glad I did.
    ---
    Anthony D.
  • anthonyd42anthonyd42 Member Posts: 5
    ML350 Premium/Ent/DVD Navi paid INVOICE at Beverly Hills MB. Which I thought was a pretty good deal. Not the best on this forum, but way better than I was being offered from FJ, Auto-Steigler and Keys.

The trick: I went to the INTERNET dept! It's a given there that you're looking up stuff on-line so the salesperson went to Edmunds and cars direct, figured out their best price and then beat it. More negotiating brought us to me paying invoice (or at least what Edmunds says is invoice).

And I am very happy with the dealership so far as well. Great service. I was seriously not even going to go there assuming they wouldn't deal as well since they're in Beverly Hills but I'm glad I did.
    ---
    Anthony D.
  • lorryfanlorryfan Member Posts: 76
    Am interested - can you post the details, i.e miles, trim, color etc etc....

thanks.
  • genegraygenegray Member Posts: 17
    i'm currently negotiating a deal with on an '06 ML350.
    I'm trading in my '05 C240 (leased thru MB)
    Dealer quoted the C240 payoff is $28,874, the negative equity is $3,874.65 (which will roll over to the new lease)
    '06 ML350 (appearnce & sunroof package) MSRP $45,155
    Dealer offer is $43,148
    --with a 39month lease, 12000 miles/yr, $2,500 cash out of pocket and rolling the negative equity ($3,874.65), the monthly payment is $723.93 ($780.03 with tax based on 7.75% tax rate)
    Dealer said these numbers are based on tier one credit(whatever that means) :confuse:

Please tell me if this is a fair/good deal
  • knott36knott36 Member Posts: 1
    Hello I am about to purchase a ml350 06 and would like to know the best deal i should be getting on this purchase the features i want are sunroof package and trim could some one tell me how to get the lowest price and how much should the lowest price be including tax, title, etc. city: Bakersfield state: California
    Thank You
  • crzyaimcrzyaim Member Posts: 58
    We want to buy a ML 350 and I received this quote. Can you tell me if this is a good price or can be negotiated more:

Comfort, trim, entertainment, sunroof, nav, heated seats, rear side air bags, & paint fee. The MSRP is $49650 & they are quoting $46930 plus fees. This is $700 over invoice.

The second car/quote I got was for the same as above but remove the rear air bag and add trailer hitch. The MSRP is $49755 and quoting $46240 which is just below invoice.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Well we ended up buying a ML350 in Alpine rain with ash interior . We got the comfort package, trim package, entertainment package, sunroof package, DVD navigation, rear air bags & heated front seats . The MSRP was 49,650 and we got it for 45,927. Based on my other offers, this was the best we got. Plus I can't say enough good about this dealership. This was the easiest car purchase we have ever done. I have to say I was a bit scepticle as most of the dealerships we went to or talked with had a very stuffy attitude and just didn't want to deal. No questions asked here. The selling price was laid out on the table and that was it. No haggling, they wanted to sell a car and we wanted to buy one. It may not be the best some one has gotten out there, but we are comfortable with the pricing. Most of the other dealers wanted 400-700 above invoice and we got it just below invoice. Yes they made money on us though hold backs and so forth, but bottom line we liked the deal.
  • szhouszhou Member Posts: 2
    Crzyaim,

In which state did you buy your ML-350?

Anyone from Washington/Virginia area has bought 06 ML-350 below invoice price?
  • edkunkeledkunkel Member Posts: 26
    I seldom see parktronic sensors on M Class vehicles. Overall, the compromises I would have to make outfitting one makes me wonder ....
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Edkunkel, I have the parktronic sensors on my 2002 ML500 and want them on every vehicle I get in the future.

Parktronic makes it so easy to park. You don't even have to turn your head when backing (as long as you know you are OK to backup). I just watch the indicators on the rear ceiling. As you get close to an object, the indicator lights will illuminate. They start off in yellow and as you get closer the first red light will light up and will start beeping. The next red light gives you a solid tone which indicates that you are 12 inches away from an object. If I choose to back up a little more, I know how much room I have without looking.

It's worth every dime it costs to order this option, you will love it.

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    We got ours in Northern California. I drove to the Bay Area from the Sacramento area as they had the best offer...a savings of over $1100 on the best deal I could do in my area. Worth the $35 dollars in gas it took for me to get down there.
  • rfscorfsco Member Posts: 2
    On Sept 25, "Mercedes Benz of San Diego" was discounting all ML class at $3,000 off msrp- believe it was to last through Sept 30. I was tempted, but, still trying to decide between ML500 and Lexus GS470.
    Some dealers in the tri-state are offering $3500 off. I think that makes it very attractive.
  • sierrasonicsierrasonic Member Posts: 26
    Hi CRZYAIM,

Where are you from. I am also from Sacramento but bought the vehicla from Pleasanton.
  • ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    i just made a few calls to oakland and sf benz and the fleet manager was willing to do -$1500 or -$1000 under invoice.
    Hi Sierrasonic,

We live east of Sacramento. Hands down, we got the best price & customer service from Pleasanton's internet department. I did all the negotiating over the internet, which was very straight forward and took very little time. This was the easiest transaction we ever did. They traded the car from another dealer and it got there in much shorter time than anticipated. We told them when we would be there and the car was waiting for us. Great service. I could not get any of the dealerships around here to budge. So we were very happy to drive a couple of hours for the car and price we wanted.

How do you like your car? What did you get on it?
  • ike_sdike_sd Member Posts: 3
    Guys & Gals,

I have been negotiating on ML350 and am very close to coming to a conclusion. Here is the offer:

Sell Price: $45000 (below invoice)
    MSRP: 49000
    Residual: 62%
    Money Rate: 0.00335

This brings the monthly costs between $720 to $750 at 36 months, depending in 12000 to 15000 miles/year.

Here is the catch, I received an email from MBUSA with a new offer and it sounds like they are using Money Rate of 0.0029, which is much better but at 10000 miles/year.

I am planning to head to the dealer trw or the day after, so if you can response with your feedback ASAP, this will help my decision very much.

Cheers.

IKE :confuse:
  • wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    Anybody buying a new M; there seems to be such low activity on this board. Please share any info on M research or purchase comtemplated. Thx.
  • jrynnjrynn Member Posts: 162
    If you had to take EITHER the upgraded Harmon Kardon sound system @$1080 or the MB-NAV system @$1250, which would you take and why?

Is the upgraded stereo THAT much better than the stock stereo? Is the MB-NAV now user friendly enough to be useful?
  • gm1120gm1120 Member Posts: 22
    IMO, the stereo is a much better deal. If you browse through some of the postings for ML, you'll see lots of complaints about the NAV not being up to snuff - japanese made cars have much better NAV than the german cars. The upgrade sound is really awesome on the stereo and I love the 6 CD changer in the glove compartment. :)
  • pmucicpmucic Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me where I can get an ML 280 CDI and or a ML 320 CDI.
    Thx.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Oh, pmucic, you want a diesel ML?? Sure, you can get one.... just go to about any place in the world but the USA!

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    i agree, the stereo is great, except that the CD changer is in the glove. but the sound is superb. altho i did not have the NAV, it did not seem all that impressive on the M.
    Can you fit the iPod integration kit and CD changer in the M's glove box?
  • cctdicctdi Member Posts: 82
    If you call 1-800 for Mercedes, you will be told that the ML with diesel engine is coming up sometime in 06 for the 07 model. The question is the displacement of the engine is not known yet. I hope it will be at least 4.L V8 which is more potent and fuel efficient. I prefer the E-Class gets the V8 CDI in wagon form, if happens in the ML, then I get no choice!
  • merckymercky Member Posts: 15
    do you guys know how much incentive dealer have if you finance with MB. I got offer from $1000 off invoice to $2500 off invoice if I finance with MBUSA. any insights?
    My understanding is that the MB Finance "marketing support" credit to qualifying borrowers/buyers in December 2005 is $2000 on the M-Class. It's not really a "dealer" incentive. It's money MB corporate is kicking in.

It's also my understanding that while you can't prepay an MB Finance loan immediately, you can pay it off after six months.

I don't know whether there is a minimum $ amount or % of the purchase price that has to be financed.
  • y2001y2001 Member Posts: 7
    Does the incentive apply to leasing through MB Finance? Thanks.
  • nomorebmwnomorebmw Member Posts: 2
    I am about to start negotiations with the dealer regarding a 2006 ML350 with several option packages. The sticker price is $56,700. What should I expect to pay for this car. Any tips are appreciate it.
    You should expect to pay whatever the minimum amount is that a local dealership will accept.

(And that will depend on your "local" market. If there is a critical mass of competing dealerships willing to price aggressively to take a sale away from another (as in DC/MD/VA where Euro/ASC/HBL are at each other's throats) then the discounts can be surprisingly big. (MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Edmunds TMV). In a region where dealerships are spread far apart, you should expect to see much less aggressive pricing.)

The BEST way to get the BEST price is simply to identify the car you want, get a quote from Dealer 1 (telling them you're going to get quotes from Dealer 2 & Dealer 3), and then to just keep making the rounds 1/2/3 (by phone/e-mail/in person -- whatever you prefer) til they stop making the price better.

But, bottom line, what you pay depends on where you are.

You should only pay attention to reports of $3000 off MSRP/$4000 off MSRP/$5000 off MSRP or whatever other number people post IF (and this is a big IF) they are in your local market.
    I don't know if it applies to leasing. Sorry.
  • nomorebmwnomorebmw Member Posts: 2
    Thanks.
    in california, looks like it is pretty competitive for the dealers right now. With the MB financing deal, you can get well below invoice. I have seen offers around $2500-$3000 off invoice with MB financing.(in stock cars tho). I guess $2000 of this discount is already coming from MB finance as explained in other posts. I was almost pulling the trigger for one in stock car I like, but then the reliability of the ML got me scared. I still like the car.
    I like the layout and option packages of the new M a lot; I previously owned a Lexus GX470 and was disappointed, mainly because I didn't need third row seats and just hated the swing out rear door. However, reliabilty is the #1 issue with me, and I have not seen much on this forum to make me feel good enough even to test drive. Comments from current owners would be appreciated....expecially on the 350M. Thanks
    i am sure you read my posts about mine. i had major tranny issues and safety concerns regarding my 2006 ml350. mbusa ended up buying it back from me once it was in the shop for the requisite lemon law period. i absolutely loved everything else about the vehicle. i was sad to actually let it go, but did not have a choice. maybe in a couple years, i may reconsider. it is sharpest SUV in its class. :cry:
  • skanlonskanlon Member Posts: 1
    Purchased ML 350 in July, just reached 9,000 mi., no serious issues noted. Pleasant experience so far, vehicle has many strengths and minimal flaws. From reviews (Car & Driver, Consumer Reports) read to date, I feel the vehicle is underated. I have owned 4 BMW's prior, and considered the X5, but after a comparative analysis between the ML & X5, found myself in a Mercedes and no longer in a BMW. If you acquire an ML with a light leather interior, make sure to inspect between the joint's of the rear seats/rear arm rest) for discoloration due to lack of improper tanning (corrected by M.) To date, no mechanical flaws noted,knock on wood :)
    you are one of the lucky ones, enjoy! i am envious!! :shades:
  • y2001y2001 Member Posts: 7
    Just leased a white/tan ML350 with trim/sunroof/heated seats/power lift gate. MSRP $45,325. Selling price $39,270.
    Monthly payment (with 10 MSDs = $5,000) $455.8 (6% tax included). 39 months, 10k/year.

Due at delivery: $795 bank fee + $200 down + 1st month + $200 registration/title/dealer fee.

Very nice car, loving it so far.
    Anybody has information on if this MB winter event finance incentive ends jan 3rd or it is being continued? I believe there is $2000 incentive if you finance with MBUSA on M-class.
  • rapomrapom Member Posts: 2
    It's been extended till tomorrow, 1/6/06.
  • newcar17newcar17 Member Posts: 7
    mrsp for the car and fully loaded is $54300
    The dealer wants $52000 for that car(5% off MRSP)
    is there any way I can get it for less, that dealer is the only dealer in the city where I live. The nearest dealer is 4hours drive. How can I bargain, is it a trend to get
    5 % only. I didn't feel comfortable in that dealer place, the manger was tracking me in the front door when I entered the second time(he remembered me and came listening to my conversation to another person that work in service dept). Please I need some help in getting a good deal.