Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• infiniti5infiniti5 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2008 ML350
    Premium 1
    Heated front seats
    6 disc CD

MSRP $50,045
    Purchased for $45,897 + Tax,Title,License
  • plisken1plisken1 Member Posts: 13
    Wow. Great deal infiniti5. What dealer did you purchase from?
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    Wow that seems like a really good price, what was the MSRP on the car ? and did it require a lot of haggling etc ?
    Hey, where are you located ? I'm in the Northeast, if you're nearby could you please let me know which dealer you purchased from and any other info I should know. Thanks
  • jwushjwush Member Posts: 5
    Will you sell the 2008 ML350 for US$49,000
    jwush, where are you located? Maybe I can help you get a good deal as I'm trying to do as well
    I've been offered 6k off MSRP on the Limited edition 2008 ML350 Edition 10. If anyone is interested let me know.
    I am in Richmond Virginia, and I am looking for ML
    2008 with Package 2, black Interior with Alcantara Seats, and Iridium Silver or Pewter Metallic Exterior color. I need one in 48hrs.

Regards
    I am in Richmond Virginia, and I am looking for ML350
    2008 with Package 2, black Interior with Alcantara Seats, and Iridium Silver or Pewter Metallic Exterior color. I need one in 48hrs.
    How much is the MSRP and what would the invoice price be.

Thanks
    MSRP is 52k Invoice is probably around 48-49k

So for them to be selling for 6k under MSRP at $46k (2-3k under invoice) there must be some back end money that they're getting from MB.
    MSRP for the car you spec'd out is around 52k so the invoice is around 48-49k, the same as the one I got quoted on (the Edition 10) which had the Edition pkg and only P1...so you should be able to get the car for around 46k

I know there's another member that got 5k off MSRP from American Service Center in Ballston (Arlington, Virginia). You should definitely try getting the extra 1k off if you can.

http://www.justmercedes.com/

I'm located in NJ so I doubt you'd want to come around here or north of here to get your car for an extra 1k off.

Let me know if you need any other help.
  • mghradmghmghradmgh Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2007 ML350 Iridium Silver P1 with 6 disc CD changer for my wife in Texas.

MSRP $47,395
    Invoce $44,131
    Price Paid $41,131 Paid Cash

Great deal. Great service, No BS whatsoever.

I also pruchased a 2008 BLk/Blk Sport E350 for myself with $6,680 off MSRP the same day (see E class forum).

I hope this helps someone.

James
    I am looking for ML350 2008 with Package 2, black Interior with Alcantara Seats, and Iridium Silver or Pewter Metallic Exterior color. I need one in 48hrs. I dont mind if its under 500 miles.

Can you help???
    Call American Service Center Mercedes Benz in Arlington, VA...another memeber on this board got 5k off MSRP from them. You should definitely try getting the extra 1k off if you can.

The link below is their website

http://www.justmercedes.com/

email me at sagarpatel1@gmail.com if you need any further assistance
  • mghradmghmghradmgh Member Posts: 3
    I hesitate to give specifics on where I purchased in Texas because I feel that I developed a working relationship with the salesperson and hope to use them in the future. I don't want someone elso to walk in with my post printed out with their dealerships name on it and demand to get the same deal. I will say that sometimes (it seems) that some of the large metro area dealerships are artifidially high (at least in my area). I think people are used to or willing to pay more. I went to a smaller nearby market and did most of the negotiating on the phone and it turned out perfectly. Look and call around. There are only so many mercedes dealerships in Texas.
  • hunter312hunter312 Member Posts: 22
    Hey guys!

I am looking to buy a Black 2007 or 2008 Mercedes ML320 CDI for my dad. He's less knowledgable with cars so he's left it up to me to get a good deal on one. I live in South Florida and had contact with Pembroke Pines and Ft. Lauderdale Mercedes dealerships and the Pembroke Pines dealership was quoting me $500 over invoice and options on top. I was wondering whether this is a good deal and what others are paying for it, because I don't particularly trust the TMV ratings on Edmunds or KBB.

The options i'm seeking are as follows (invoice prices):

2008 ML320 CDI Invoice: $41,524
    P01 Premium Package 1: $3,488
    318 Leather Seating Surfaces Package: $1,837
    323 Heating Package: $1,274
    819 6-Disk CD Changer: $419
    Destination Charge: $775
    Dealer Offer: $500 over Invoice

This brings the total invoice price to $49,817.
    Edmunds states that others pay $52,565 which I find hard to believe. I want to know if this is a good deal and if I can get em to go lower, or what they are paying so I can haggle. We plan to move to Massachusetts next year so we need the heating package.

What are you guys paying for it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    It's not a BAD deal but it most certainly isn't a GREAT deal. It all depends on the market in your area, some parts of the country with a lot of competition and other factors allow for people to get really good deals.

I'm in the tri-state (NJ/NY/CT) area and have been offered $6k off MSRP on an 08 ML350 Edition 10 by one dealer while the others are easily willing to do invoice/possibly better then invoice but no where near the 6k off that the one offered.

And NEVER trust KBB/EDMUNDS "TMV" pricing its almost never correct unless the car really is going for MSRP (which they rarely are)

if you have any questions etc. my email is sagarpatel1@gmail.com ;)
    Thanks i'll keep that in mind about Edmunds/KBB. I think they're definitely being influenced by marketing to a certain extent.

I'm not exactly sure what the market is like down here actually. We only moved here a few months ago from England so i'm not quite sure how it goes with demand. All I know is there are a number of older ML-class SUVs driving around and a bit less of the newer models, with dealerships pretty full of them (at least the gas models that is).

$6,000 below invoice would be about $46,970 unless I am mistaken, but i've never seen a dealer go that far below a set price. The MSRP on that 49k invoice would be $52,970. I don't know if I could get a dealer to go that far down, and I know that if I could that he'd definitely try to make it back through financing.

Any suggestions or tips (especially on how to handle dealers)?
    I'd say try shopping around and getting quotes from all the dealers and then try getting one of them to go lower then the other's invoice quote, it's possible that it could get you a better price.
  • harry28harry28 Member Posts: 29
    I just bought a 2007 ML 350 from Pembroke Pines Mercedes last month. They were very good to deal with. I would highly recommend my sales person if you want a name. Here are the details of my purchase. I don't think there are any 2007's left. Your deal sounds pretty fair to me.
    I love the car.

Premium 1 Pkg
    DVD Navigation
    6 CD changer
    Heated Front Seats

MSRP: $49,745
    Invoice : $46,316
    My Price $44,495 + TTT+ $600 Dealer fee.
    "Any suggestions or tips (especially on how to handle dealers)?"

IMO, the best way is to make an offer and be prepared to walk.

They will eventually just say yes or no. Be prepared to walk out is the key. If they don't counter with a lower quote then it's in your court to buy or not.
    That's a good deal, 5k off is what I'm looking for from my local dealer on a 2008 ML350 Edition 10 while a distant dealer is willing to give 6k off.
    Hey,

I just did a price check on your exact car on Edmunds and it shows the MSRP to be $49,045 and the Invoice ar $45,665. I was wondering whether you paid the $775 destination charge and how you got the dealer to do $2,000 below invoice?

If there are no 2007's left that means i'd have to get a 2008, and the price has gone up on those over 2007. However, I think the DVD navigation and the P1 package are now integrated. The dealer I spoke with was called Lance Shetrompf and he was pretty persistent. Couple things came up so I haven't gotten back to him yet about it. Did you deal with him?

Also, what is TTT?
    TTT = tax, title, and tag
    (I'm almost certain this is what it means)
    Yes I paid the $775. My invoice was 49,745.

TTT = Tax, Tag, Title

You are correct, in 2007 model Premium Package 1 did not include the Navigation system which I paid separately for.

I specifically wanted to buy one of the last 2007's that was left. I went to 3 other South Fl Mercedes dealers and there were no 2007's left. I'm sure that was a big motivating factor for me getting it 2K under invoice.
    I also traded in a 2004 CLK 320 convertible. I'm sure they got me for a few dollars there.

I dealt with Ariel.
    Okay thanks for that guys! I'll keep looking and keep you updated!
    If there's anyone in the NJ area looking for an ML350 Edition 10 or even a regular ML350, ML550 etc. shoot me an email SagarPatel1@gmail.com I'll put you in contact with the right guys...

I bought mine locally and payed a little more in return for better service, loaners and more importantly a peace of mind for the duration of my ownership (which usually runs 10 years)

...I got about a good deal off MSRP from my local guy while I was getting more off from the farther dealer which I passed on (mind you both quotes were on a New 08 Black ML350 Edition 10 with MSRP of $52,705)...

Let me know if anyone in the NJ area is looking for one immediately ;)
  • tedmtedm Member Posts: 2
    2008 ml350 Editon 10

I was quoted MSRP $52,500 w/ prem option 1 & bixeon lights
    Dealer willing to sell for $50,900 in S. E. Pa
    I think that is still to high.
    What should I expect to pay?

tedm
  • raiteeraitee Member Posts: 1
    I live in northern jersey, just started to look for either a ML 350 of 550, what is "Edition 10"?
    Edition 10 is a limited 10 anniversary edition ML, only available in the 350. There are only 1000 of them being made for the US and can be bought in only Artic white or Obsidian black. They feature some unqiue touches etc along with a nice set of options. Here's an article with pictures etc. about the car

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/14154/2008-mercedes-benz-ml350-edition-10.ht- - ml

Send me an email at SagarPatel1@gmail.com if you're interested in the car. Assuming the it's still available from my guy, I can get it for you under invoice from the dealer I know in North Jersey, I passed on the offer because he was too far from me and bought locally.
  • agwagonagwagon Member Posts: 11
    This reply is less than timely, but I thought I should chime in here. I bought a 2008 diesel ML at the end of August, and I don't think comparing deals or discounts on the diesel vs. the gasser is appropriate, so don't let anyone tell you to hold out on the basis of what their being quoted on a ML350.

Diesel is great in an SUV, which is why I wanted one, but it stll hasn't caught on in a big way in the U.S. That means MB dealers generally have 1 CDI in inventory for every 5-10 gassers, and the supply/demand dynamic is totally different between the two.

My deal was very close to what you were offered and I think it was pretty good. My dealer even made it clear to me that we could be doing a below-invoice deal if I wanted to go with a ML350. But unlike the gas ML350, the diesel version doesn't really have any competitors (yet), so MB dealers can sit back and wait for people like us who want them. Aside from the $1,000 invoice premium, you should expect to pay a little more because of that smaller discount.

My $0.02.
  • berylporterberylporter Member Posts: 2
    I am close to buying an ML320 with 58,000 miles on it and it appears to be in excellent shape. It has a clear carfax and was owned in a very affluent community.
    The one problem is, I am frightened by some of the negative reviews posted for this vehicle in terms of cas mileage, cost of repairs and, almost unvierally, the cup holders.
    Should I but the thing or run fast?
    What year is it? The older ML's did have their problems, if anything I'd suggest going with a certified pre-owned BMW X5 3.0, if there are any in similar mileage/year/price.

The gas mileage isn't bad for an SUV...I get 21-22mpg driving mostly highway on my 98 ML320
    Its not too late afterall, since we are heading into the dealership tomorrow and probably going to close a deal on Sunday. You guys have been a big help so thanks for that!

I was going to go to the Pembroke Pines dealer but he seemed somewhat aggressive to me. The Ft. Lauderdale dealer was much nicer and he seemed fair. I've read up on all the tricks and i'll be sure to look out for them, though he was pretty straight forward and didn't pressure us or anything. We also can't be too flexible as Mercedes-Benz hit up my dad's credit score at 7 different institutions and that definitely lowered his score by a large margin, and he has only now recovered (it's been 9 months since we first looked when we arrived back in the US). They said they'd probably do another credit check at the other dealers whereas this guy already has our financing approved (is that true?).

Either way, my options came to $48,771 including destination charge.

Options are:

Premium II
    Parktronic
    6-CD Changer
    Wheel Locks

We're not too sure whether to go with the heated seats as we're moving to Massachusetts next year and cud use them, but it costs another $600-1200, what do you guys think? Is it worth it?
    They'll probably do another credit check because as you said 9months have passed. Regarding the heated seats, I have them in my ML350 Edition 10 as it came as part of the whole car package. I never use the heated seats here in the Northeast and don't think its worth the $700 they charge but there are people who use the very often in the winter, I just don't
  • cfraziercfrazier Member Posts: 16
    Curious how you fared with your deal. Would say the seat heater is a personal pref but admittedly a nice option. Not in a rush here but also looking at the 2008 ML320 ((though poised to execute the right deal). Straight off the bat was offered $2K off one on the lot or on an order. The other dealers have so far remained too close to MSRP.
  • bfeldsteinbfeldstein Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking at 2008 ML350 with P1 pkg, heated front seats, and iPod integration. MSRP is $49970 ($3444 above invoice).

Dealer is telling me that my invoice price does not reflect the $400 advertising fee that gets added....is that legit?

I'm trying to get $3000 off of invoice ($444 dealer profit; plus $1000 lease cash which goes to dealer I'm assuming).

Is that a good deal?
    It's a pretty good deal but not anything really spectacular

the $400 advertising is legit BUT they can easily eat the cost by using money MB gives them for each car sale...I'd aim to get the car at invoice and not a penny more

...shoot me an email @ sagarpatel1@gmail.com and if you want to discuss more in detail
  • bfeldsteinbfeldstein Member Posts: 12
    Si if I could get the car at invoice, $46,526, which is $3444 below MSRP, would that be a good deal?
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    I don't know where you are, but a friend in SoCal bought an '08 ML350 with Premium II for $1500 under invoice last week - he sent out emails to the various dealers in the area, and when he spoke with the sales rep that was basically the offer - he didn't really have to negotiate for it.
    Yes you're right SoCal = discounts SUV's more then the east coast which is where he and I are located...this is mostly due to winters here resulting in more demand while dealers are having their ML's sit on the west coast in the warm areas etc.

I got mine for invoice so the cost of shipping it from Cali to NJ would be about $1000 so a $500 savings by buying cross country wouldn't be in most people's interest especially not being able to go over the car etc before delivery
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Did he lease? I'm wondering if the price of $1500 below included the $1000 lease cash. Either way, $500 below is still a killer deal!
  • needacar41needacar41 Member Posts: 14
    Hi!
    I'm a car buying newbie (haven't purchased one in near 15 years!) and am considering a used 2003 ML320 I just happened upon. (I currently have a small compact car w/172,000 miles on it.) My MIL had an ML320, liked it. I was able to drive hers a bit so I am familiar with the feel.
    This ML320 I'm checking out has low miles (21,000), price is $20k (excl. tax/license), very clean, no dings, A+ history report, from a dealer, not private party. (So. Calif.) Also, an extended warranty is also available (they start at $899-$2,500).
    Anyone have any thoughts? Does this seem like a good idea/deal or should I keep looking around and if so, at what? New or used? I'm wanting a mid-sized SUV. Have seen Honda Pilots, Toyota Highlanders, etc. I'm not wanting a mammoth SUV I can't handle. I really like the visibility & drive of the Mercedes SUV and the reputation, but heard they're sometimes $$$ to repair.
    Thank you in advance for your help! I do need it!!
    No, it was a straight purchase, all cash (it was a surprise gift for his boss's wife). He was surprised because the Edmunds TMV said they were going for MSRP in SoCal, it wasn't even close. The dealer was pretty co-operative. I think the initial offer was invoice - $1500, and he just said yes, didn't try to push for more of a discount.
    That's low miles for the year. Based on what I've seen, it's not a bad deal. It sounds like you're familiar with the ML from your MIL's experience, so you know what to expect. If you haven't already, you may want to test drive the Pilot, Highlander, etc. that you're looking at - they'll both probably be more reliable, but not quite as safe or as good offroad (doesn't sound like that matters). Also, have you considered a smaller crossover SUV, like a Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4, would one of them meet your needs? Both would get better mileage, be more reliable, and be cheaper. Also, do some research on the provider of the extended warranty, and pay attention to what's included (and just as important, what's excluded) in the coverage.
  • needacar41needacar41 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply! Yes, I have already test driven the Highlander (07 & 08) & Pilot (07 & 08). Highlander 07 was OK, I wanted to REALLY wanted to like it & make it work due to Toyota rep of reliability & such, but I was disappointed in the lack of room & couldn't get over it. Highlander 08 I did NOT like. Bigger but not a whole lot more room. Blind spots, etc etc etc. So I move onto Honda & their reputation, looking at the Pilot which I found to be much more roomier. Test drove it, liked the ride and so I went around comparing it to all the other mid-sized SUVs out there. (ie, BMW X5 (again, lack of room the issue). Didn't really find another I liked. Then looking at the Pilot's price, I wavered a bit (was considering the Pilot EX-L). I was just about settled on it but then ran across this ML320 deal. Never considered a Mercedes SUV until I remembered my MIL had an ML320 a few years ago. (Again, I'm looking for a mid-sized SUV for me, my husband (6'3), toddler & 12 yr old + our "stuff," so the CR-V & RAV4 would be too small.) We don't do off-roading, just city/highway driving & small weekend trips.

I know the ML320 is a bit smaller than the Pilot and I am also comparing a used versus new car....I'm set to check out and test drive the ML320 this week so we'll see how it goes. I just thought the price + mileage seemed like a good deal. I will definitely inquire about the extended warranty plus what's included. Again, I haven't purchased a car in nearly 15 years and my current car has 179,000+ miles on it, so I drive cars to last (but treat them well)! I'm hoping if I end up w/this ML320 I can drive it that long....

Anyway, if you have any more thoughts, please feel free to post. Thanks again for the reply & info! Happy Holidays!!! :)
  • nktankta Member Posts: 8
    ursamajor, can you send me the name of the dealership? email address is
    n, underscore, ta at hotmail dot com. Thanks for your assist.
  • viggieviggie Member Posts: 16
    Looking at a 2008 ML 320 Premium Package 2, Keyless entry, Heated Front seats, Trailer Hitch, ipod.

$50780 for $49138 so $1642 over invoice. I live in Massachusetts. Thank you for your help.
    Diesels aren't seeing much of discount, that being said, I would try for invoice if not $500 over invoice would be a good deal as dealers can definitely do the price.