Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• viggieviggie Member Posts: 16
    I am sorry Blazinginder I made a mistake it is the ML 350 (not the diesel SUV).

Thanks,
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    Nkta, sorry, I haven't checked this board for a while. I'm in SoCal right now and I'll be seeing my friend today, I'll ask him and get back to you. Btw, I visited him at work yesterday (I'll be doing some work with the company) and saw his boss's wife's new ML in the driveway, it looked good, I really like the car in white.
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    In that case...it's definitely not a good deal, I'd aim to get it for 1k under invoice but at MOST you'd want to buy it for invoice
  • viggieviggie Member Posts: 16
    Thanks I will let you know what happen.
  • cfraziercfrazier Member Posts: 16
    Viggie:
    You got good advice from blanzinginder. Given the time of year, definitely aim closer to invoice. Am waiting on a similar outfitted ml320 and was able to get close. Best of luck.
  • ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    we are thinking about selling our light blue 06 ML500 fully loaded. how much you think we can sell for? the MSRP was 62.5k when we bought it.
  • chintchint Member Posts: 30
    In the market for a new ML350 .Looks like dealers in the LA area going 1000 below the invoice.

Anyone aware of good deals in the Atlanta area?

Thanks
    LA market is different from the East Coast market...that being said I'd aim for 1000 under invoice given the time of year etc. but at most I'd only pay invoice seeing as how the 09 ML's are reportedly getting a very minor facelift
    It looks like dealers in Atlanta are not willing to negotiate. A small dealership in south GA is offereng me a ML320 for around invoice . It has lot of options and its MSRP is 51900 and is offered at 48500.

The sale person is great to work with and is willing to sit down and talk
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hi ML owners. has any1 here drove a X5 ML cayenne. whats the best in these cars the more i read the more i get confused about luxury SUVs, I just wish lexus would make a car to compete with them and lexus for some reason doesn't seem to care to bring anything to compete them, anyway

Any replys appreciated.

thanks
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    bmlexus - All three SUVs are very strong overall. The BMW X5 is your best bet if you are looking for an SUV with a free maintenance program, excellent resale value, a newer design, exceptional handling, and a third row seat. The Porsche Cayenne (S or higher) is your best bet if you have more money to spend and want an SUV that is very fast and handles like a sports car. However, the Porsche Cayenne will likely be redesigned shortly. The Mercedes ML is your best bet if you are looking for a premium brand SUV at a lower MSRP. I believe that all three SUVs also scored quite high on crash tests.

Of note, these three SUVs are exceptional and more fun to drive than Lexus SUVs. However, if you are looking for a car-like ride with exceptional long-term reliability, I would highly recommend the Lexus SUV line.
    Yea i know that the x5 had a redesign i don't need a 3rd row seat. and heard reliability issues

always liked the cayenne but ur rite the new generati isn't far away and it could be a lot better.

ML not so sure it really isn't my choice but some1 else had prefer me the ML.

reliability is my concern but lexus don't seem to bring anything new except the large new LX which is just to big.

I guess i'll just wait for few months or even a year to see the new cayenne as well as the x6 and the newer RX

thanks for the reply.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    If you like the new redesigned Toyota Highlander, that's pretty much what the new RX will look like, with a Lexus badge, of course.

The germans always have reliability issues, that's why you lease 'em for a few years and give them back before they fall apart. :)
    The germans always have reliability issues, that's why you lease 'em for a few years and give them back before they fall apart

nice 1.I Guess i get it now. falling apart germans :P
  • rrosellrrosell Member Posts: 17
    The price difference is about $12,000.00, and the reliability seems to be better with the Murano. Many more features in the Murano, but doesn't drive like the MB. Pretty good deal on the ML. List @ $52,000.00, buy for @ $47,000.00. What the dealeyo? ML tires only last for 20,000 miles or so. Repairs, if needed will give one a heart attack upon receiving the bill. The Commander, surpisingly handles and tracks very well and the pricing is most favorable. Very confusing!!!
  • oiakouoiakou Member Posts: 26
    You're comparing two cars from a "value" market segment to a luxury car. By buying ML350, you're not going to save any money, even in the long run. Reiterating: you will spend much more on ML350 - and that's just it.

You have to ask yourself how much extra you're willing to pay to own a "luxury car" with whatever little extras you can get in it compared to the other two cars. I am sure that, if you'll break it out option-by-option, you'll discover that the biggest feature you're paying for is ML logo on the hood. What is it worth to you?
    Good point!! I think I'll go with the LE Murano. It has all the extras built in, and the reliability is better according to the experts. MB charges for everything extra and having owned Alfas and Porsche in the past, the fits one has every time a new noise erupts is too unsettling. I really like the Benz, but I don't feel like getting aggrivated. Actually, the new Murano is very appealing. Thanks.
    Aggravated!!! Not aggrivated.
    I cant believe some one is comparing Murano with a ML in this forum. :mad:

Reliability aside , Merc is a Merc and thier core values remain intact.
    Check consumer reports and they only report reliabilty issues for minor things, whereas engine and other safety features always get top grades
  • bidder5000bidder5000 Member Posts: 17
    I was at a Mercedes dealer today and got quoted $499 a month plus tax. This is for the ML 350 with the P1 package. I hadn't even started talking about what the price of the car was. This is for a 33-month lease. let me know what you think?
    Is the ML500 better or the ML63 AMG is comfort driving experience?

Are the looks same or different can the ML500 have the same looks as the 63 AMG?

Any new buyers experience?
  • beemerseekerbeemerseeker Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    What are the details of the lease? How much down and how many miles/year?
    Where did you get that quote?
    They actually dont make the ML500 anymore, it's now the ML550 which fully loaded is about $70-72k i believe the ML63 on the other hand is in the $90k range fully loaded. I would think the ride on both would be equally comfortable though the ML63(500+hp), being an AMG, would have a slightly tighter feel and more road feel to it. Honestly if you want a ridiculously fast, great handling, luxurious driving SUV the ML63 is for you. If you prefer something with more then adequete power (382hp)for an SUV along with the luxury amenities then the ML550 would be for you. Honestly drive each one for yourself and then decide, looks are just one aspect to consider and in this case the looks are very similar.
    Hi thanks for the feedback I do have 1 more ques whenever i see the AMG going fast the engine sound is like a large truck and the normal v8 engine sound is smoother can any1 confirm this.

Is the cayenne or x5
  • chaddy75chaddy75 Member Posts: 48
    These forums have been invaluable in regards to getting better deals so I am posting what I just bought. Hope this helps! I think it was a great deal especially considering no other dealers were able to get this package II with color combo and options I was looking for. Or their prices were much higher. This salesperson was great, very professional and efficient.

ML 350 Iridium Silver with black MB Tex
    Premium II pkg with: Ipod, Parktronic, 6 Disc, Running boards

MSRP $53,290
    Selling price $45,182, Total drive offs of $2,000
    Monthly base $566 and $610.00 including tax.
    Money factor based on .00185, 60% residual
    Mileage allowance at 10k although this dealer was so easy going probably could have bumped it up if I wanted to at no extra charge.

Email if you want his name and info. located in San Diego County. Chadbarrick@aol.com
  • lawing1lawing1 Member Posts: 3
    Am considering buying, not leasing, a 2008 ML350. How much should I pay for it in NV?

Have the 2006 ML350 7-speed transmission problems (jerkiness (surging and lunging) of the vehicle when driving slow or stopping been resolved by MB?
  • ram45ram45 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2006 ml 350 last week and i just noticed the exact problem you just posted a day after getting it "jerking and lunging at low speeds" I am bringing it to the dealer tommorow , I didnt know this is a widespread problem, will post tom. what the dealer says. by the way did i get a good deal on it , it has 26k miles on it appearance package, entertainment package, nav and sunroof. for 35k runs great except for the transmission problem i did not know about.
  • fvtluisfvtluis Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my 2008 ML 320 CDI

MSRP : $58,375
    Paid: $54,100 +TTL

Great experience at the dealer. everything went smooth like the ride by home. Very please with my purchase so far!
    The Porsche Cayenne (S or higher) is your best bet if you have more money to spend and want an SUV that is very fast and handles like a sports car. However, the Porsche Cayenne will likely be redesigned

I guess I shouldn't choose porsche because of the soon redesign however I assume quality is good its built in germany.

Porsche has endless options which gets the price higher and higher.

The BMW X5 is your best bet if you are looking for an SUV with a free maintenance program, excellent resale value, a newer design, exceptional handling, and a third row seat

I know x5 is good but I have been honestly scared with the reliability that I heard abt it.

Since the new x6 is out I like it even better but again reliability and difficult to use electronics.

Of note, these three SUVs are exceptional and more fun to drive than Lexus SUVs. However, if you are looking for a car-like ride with exceptional long-term reliability, I would highly recommend the Lexus SUV line

Do I have another choice!!! best reliability easy to use electronics japanese built but the thing that bothers me as you mentioned the other three SUVs are more fun to drive. :blush:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who just purchased a new Mercedes-Benz M-Class within the past six months and whether it had anything to do with gas prices. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than June 23, 2008.
  • bsedrishbsedrish Member Posts: 26
    Looking to lease an ML350 and not in a rush to do it before months end. Of course dealer is pushing to get this done by end of July. Has information been released on what MB is planning to offer in the way of incentives, money factors,etc for August? Any thoughts on whether it is going to get better?

Thanks
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    won't know new programs 'til august.
  • pmelanc1pmelanc1 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know when the 2009 models will be out.
    Thanks.
    Have the following offer right now:

MSRP $52570 (P2, Ipod, Sunroof Package, 6 Disc Changer, Running Boards, Heated Front Seats)

33 month, 12k miles

No reduction in cap cost (only drive off costs, first month rent, bank fee, license/registration)

$675 per month including taxes (CT)
    Anyone know what the MFs and residuals are (10k and 12k) for the new 09s? Any rebates out there from MB?
  • stewdystewdy Member Posts: 17
    I had been thinking about an X3 but my wife likes the MB better than the BMW and it's going to be her car so that sort of eliminated the X3. Anyway, I have always been curious about the MB diesels and was wondering what kind of purchase deals people have gotten on '08 320CDI's recently. I assume that the $3,000 dealer cash will carryover from last month (whether it is publicized or not) considering the '09's will be on lots before too long (if not already on some). Thanks in advance!
    The offer I've been given is OTD with a discount of about $6,000 off of sticker on an '08 ML320CDI with:

Silver Metallic Paint
    Premium 2
    iPod
    Trailer Hitch
    Heated Front Seats

MSRP: 53,780

If there is still only $3,000 dealer cash then this equates to a few hundred over invoice and holdback of about $1,500.
  • tcg1tcg1 Member Posts: 5
    Was this offer on a 2008 or 2009 model?
  • dkla76dkla76 Member Posts: 41
    So with the 4000 manufacturer to dealer incentive. whats the best deals gonna be?
    invoice - $4000? is that the best we can do?
    im in socal. does anyone have an idea?
    '08 ML320 CDI

Metallic Silver with Ash Leather:

Premium 2
    Full Leather Package
    iPod
    Heated Seats
    Trailer Hitch
    6 Disc Changer

MSRP was $56,255
    "Sales Price" $50,299
    Doc Fee: $499
    Total $50,798

That in itself is not too bad a deal when taken at face value, but after considering one of the cars they had on the lot I decided that I didn't really like the thought of paying $50K for a car with MBTex (vinyl) in it. I called my dealer (MB of Buckhead) and told them that I wanted the full leather package. They got on the computer and found the Silver/Ash leather ML in IDAHO. They told me it was the only '08 left with Ash leather interior in the US. I'd believe it too because I looked all over the southeast and everything I found in Silver/Ash had MBTex. The closest thing I could find on my search was in Richmond, VA and had just arrived as a service loaner/demo for the next 120 days.

I've already put my deposit down and go to pick it up on Monday. So far this dealer has been a pleasure to deal with. I'll let everyone know how it goes after the final deal on Monday.

BTW: One of my pet peeves is front license plates. Well, apparently Idaho requires a front state license plate and my ML had holes drilled in the bumpers to place the mounting bracket for the plate when it arrived on the dealer's lot in Idaho. Does anyone know of some way to fill the holes? Body colored plugs similar to what Acura (and others I'm sure) has? The only thing my dealer offered was plugging, sanding and repainting the bumper which doesn't thrill me for obvious reasons. I don't really want to mess with virgin paint on the most vulnerable part of my automobile. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions!
  • donaldsamdonaldsam Member Posts: 5
    I saved over $7,000 off MSRP on a new 2008 ML-320CDI at Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood. The only bad part is since they have increased the factory incentives on 2008 models, they no longer offer the special financing rates. The best rate I got was 6.49% for 60 months with excellent credit.

They are courteous and will deal over the phone. Check out their website at www.mblynnwood.com

The person I dealt with was the Fleet Manager, Danny Santos.

And Danny, if you're reading this, please let me know when the Bluetooth modules arrive. thx

Donald
    ok so i found a 2008 ML350 that they offered to discount 9800 off MSRP (50670-9800=40870). its a great deal but someone told me how bad resale value is on this car.

considering thay have the 2009 lease special of 4000 TDO and 579/month (i think i can get it down to 550).

which is better deal if i were to drive that car for 3-4yrs?
    Keep in mind the new 2009 ML350 has been agressively restyled, the body style is the same but there are a few facelifts and equipment changes on the 2009.

The value of a 2008 ML350 after 36 mos is 47% and at 48 mos is 39% based on residual values from Mercedes-Benz Financial.

On a new 2009 ML350 the value at 36 mos is 48% an at 48 mos is 42%.

Currently there are no lease specials on 2008 ML-350 models, MBF has decided to increase REATAIL cash for financed or cash deals to blow out the 2008 models instead with 4,000 retail cash.

The 2009 models do have a 2,000 lease cash on the new ML's which is how they are able to offer you the $579 lease payment for 33 mos.

You are getting a great price on the 2008 ML, the most you can save on the new 2009 ML is maybe around $4000 plus an additional $2000 if you lease off MSRP.

In my profesional opinion if you are only keeping the car for 48 mos max, lease a 2009 model. The Lease payments are cheaper than the 2008 and the vehicle will be the newer restyled model.
    i prob will keep it for less than 48 months.
    so for 2009 lease, whats the best deal i could do?
    The current program for the 2009 lease thru MB is:

33 mos lease Term
    57% residual for 10k miles per year
    Down Pymnt $4000
    money factor .00110 for FICO 720 and higher
    MSRP $51,915
    Discount $1208
    Lease Cash $2000
    Payment $579 per mos plus tax

If you can find a dealership to get you the max discount of $4,000 off MSRP plus get the $2000 lease you can get a pymnt of around $510 plus tax.
    well i couldnt resist the deal on 08 purchase. dealer gave me 10,000 off msrp and will be getting for 39000 plus tax, title, reg for white/beige with P1 and ipod option.
    ill be signing the contract on sat when he brings me the contract and the car to my home.

just for my info, what is tax, title, reg all total out to be?
    all i know is msrp is 49000 and i will be 10k off but wanna know the rest of fees...

thanks
    hey does anyone know a good aftermarket place to buy runner board?
    is it as good as factory ones?
    For the first time I went to check out the new ML. I have to say I prefer the Cayenne and bmws better..
    ok i havent signed the contract for 10,000 off MSRP on ML 350 yet. someone(dealer) told me that MB dealer has holdback and reserve moneys totaling about 6500 in addition to the 4000 manuf to dealer incentive and in addition to the difference between MSRP and invoice(~3100). So that means dealers profit margin is about 13600. wow.

how far would u go to negotiate. i was considering asking for 13000 off msrp now.
    economy is real slow and no one wants a SUV now due to high gas prices. plus its a clearance yr model.(they need clean lot for 09s)
    everytime i go to dealerships, there are hardly anyone there even shopping.

do you think the dealers would consider letting ML go for 600 profit?
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    You'll never know unless you ask. If you make it a walk-away point, you most likely will either get the deal or something closer than what you have now. You could always still shop around at other dealers, if there are any close enough. You really have nothing to lose, worse comes to worst you get the deal you have now.