Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• enzombenzomb Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Adiehl13! I decided not to go for the demo I had mentioned. I'm closing in on a deal. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • enzombenzomb Member Posts: 5
    Just closed in on a deal on an ML350 w/ P1 and heated steering wheel.

MSRP: $53290
    Paid:$47500 +Tax+ Registration (with conquest)

Great experience with the dealership (Mercedes Benz of Delray). They were very honest and efficient throughout the whole process. Highly recommended.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Sounds like a great deal. I have not had a great experience with the MB of Delray. I have dealt with MB of Palm Beach, but my recent attempts to obtain the ML350 from them were not successful. Did the dealer have a huge inventory on your visit? By the way good luck and enjoy your new ML.
  • solidgranitesolidgranite Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone. I'm ordering a 2013 ML63 this week and really have no idea what discounts I can expect. Is 10k out of the question? They make it sound like 1k is a nice discount because the dealers only get 1 or 2 ML63s per year and they don't have to discount them heavily. I've bought several cars before all with a hefty discount but I've never ordered an AMG car so I'm not sure where I should be on pricing.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    Car man any loyalty cash available on ML350 2012. Have seen cash and great deals on E350 sedan and GL450. I already have an E350 and woild like to try the ML350. Best deal I had was not good once I saw the extra fees and bank fee added on to the discounted cap cost.
  • hkowlowitzhkowlowitz Member Posts: 1
    Looking for ml350 with a p1 option lane changer and xenon lights. in the north east. In ny The dealers do not want to deal. Does anyone know of dealerships that would sell for 47 in 2012 year. Color not material
  • leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    Sovereign MB
    Brooklyn NY Fleet Manager
  • vpatel001vpatel001 Member Posts: 2
    hi i am looking to buy ML350. 2 offers
    1) 2012 ml350 w p1 keyless go, lane tracking,heated steering wheel, runner board,trailer hitch for $51000 +TTL
    2)2013 ML350 Same as above and w collition asst, inside illuminating lighting that changes color for $53000+TTL

both are new not demos
    both are gas not blue tech
    both are AWD or 4matic

am i getting screwed or are they good prices

thanks for any help

vpatel001
  • docsbddocsbd Member Posts: 5
    really? these are great prices compared to what i am getting. i am seeing about 500 below invoice and being told only 2013's are available. what dealers are you going to?
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Can you post the MSRP on both cars?
  • vpatel001vpatel001 Member Posts: 2
    Sure i was using merc of north haven where i bought 2 e350s from. this time i price shopped at merc dealer in new london ct. they gave me the better pricing

Here are the MSRP
    2011 MSRP is 56, 650
    2012 MSRP is 57500

they gave a third choice for a 2011 new ML350 MSRP was 58,265 w/ P2 package and everything else for $51000 also but my wife hated the color combo. it was a palladium silver w black interior and another was steel gray w black interior. My wife hates black interior so I had to decline but if anyone else doesn't care then its a good deal i think.

thanks again for the replies

vpatel001
  • docsbddocsbd Member Posts: 5
    Hi, are these 2012, 2013, or 2011? I have been told by a few dealers there are no 2012's available.
  • pmj2012pmj2012 Member Posts: 1
    HI,
    What is the MSRP of 2013 ML350 pls.
    thx
    Can you please post the details of your lease deal?
    Thanks.
  • sudhssudhs Member Posts: 6
    Hi ,

I bought 2013 ML 350 for 53k (MSRP is $61,055) and i m happy about it ,but i have question i paid $2240 for extended warranty(7yrs/75k) is it worth?...first he said its $2899 and signed the papers and thought i dont want and said i dont want to take then he said he will give it for $2240.. what you think is it still a good deal?
    Do you mind posting or sending me a message of how I can get the same deal.
    I havnt been able to get dealer to take more than 4k off msrp.
    I would be willing to travel to the same dealer.
  • leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    If you travel over 12,500 miles per year the deal isn't good. At the end of your original factory warranty in 4years . That means you would be finished in six year @ 75,000 miles. You are paying almost $100per month for that extended warranty. Cancel it and keep the $2200+ for your first new brake job an anything that might comes up. :)
    Hey leokadia1 Thanks for your suggestion..

dinoman in New England(Especailly boston area) all the dealers are taking of 5% off of MSRP and giving conquest or fleet offer without proving anything i did not submit my Lexus registration or i did not prove that i work for x company..The first dealer gave almost $6k off without asking anything then i decided i can bargain more then i went to 5 dealers to get quote and then decided if i pay $53k for that car i would be happy but first they were not interested later they were after me saying $54,500 but i said no if you are interested to give for $53 i would take otherwise not interested later after 3 days they decided to give at that price...
    How much usually people pay for extended warranty for 3 yrs?
  • rlc786rlc786 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Congrats Sudhs!! Great deal. Could please share details on your ml and what packages or add ons do you have ?? Name of sale rep ??? Thank you so much!!!
  • rlc786rlc786 Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

Need Advice!!! I live close Dallas and I am looking to 2013 ml350 bluetec Msrp $51600 + $1290 lighting package + 790 obsidian black . What should I pay ? I keep seeing great deals on this forum and would like to get some advice please!!! Thanks
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

I bought
    Cinnabar red with
    p1 packging
    lane tracking
    Harmon Sound
    lighting package
    Trailer hitch
    parkatronic
    keyless go

Sales rep name is William smith...its in Westwood MA ...If you are seeing that dealer let me know they have some referral program only if you remember :) good luck
  • gqiugqiu Member Posts: 2
    i bought a ML350 yesterday in southern ca, and i would like to share some info for everyone here, and would like to get your comments as well:

ML350, 4Matic in Southern ca
    MSRP: $57,565
    INVOICE(from dealer):54,298
    selling price: 51,128 +TTL

I also bought a 7years/75,000M extended warranty for $2995.

i would like to have your comments on:

1. how is the buying price of my car?
    2. how is the price of the extended warranty?
    now i feel, i dont really need it, at least right now. can i cancel it now? please share some of your opinions and experiences.
    edited October 2012
    hi gqiu,

Buying price is good ..Even i bought the Extended warranty for the same price $2999 and later thought is it really worth it..then i decided not to take then i called the sales guy and said i dont want to take it( this is all before i took the car i m not sure they will cancel once you take the car) then he gave me for $2249 you can definitely bargain on it too which i dint know at first ...My thinking was that i m rolling this in finance so i m paying extra $20 -40 per month for 5 yrs but later if you want to take it(extended warranty) after 4yrs then you have to pay the full price +25% surcharge which would be more....and my sales guy said it covers more than manufacture warranty but again its totally upto you to decide...
  • gqiugqiu Member Posts: 2
    hi sudhs,

thanks for your reply and comments.
    so finally you purchase that 7y/75000m extended warranty for $2249?
  • bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    Hi Sudhs

Congratulation to your new ML350.

I am also in the market for 2013 ML350 with the same option more or less.
    What was your MSRP and Invioce price or your OTD minus your warranty.

Thanks
  • kc822kc822 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Sudhs. What a fantastic deal you got! Just curious, you mentioned the 2013 ML350 optioned up as you described was MSRP for $61,055 (I am assuming excl dest charge). When I price it, the MSRP was $62,810. I guess that would make your deal for $53k even sweeter. So that's around an 8.5%'ish discount to MSRP, and over -$5k below Invoice. Is that correct? I'm definitely giving Westwood MB a call. Now how am I supposed to get you credit for a referral?
    Yes i got it for $2249...u dont need to get that from same dealer you can shop around if you have patience..good luck
  • fantasyleofantasyleo Member Posts: 5
    Anyone in the Bay Area (California)? can you please share what you have? Thanks. :(
  • huynhsanityhuynhsanity Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all who posted about their buying experience and prices paid. It really helped me during the purchase of my ML350.

here is a summary for ML350 purchase in southern cal:

MB of Anaheim offered $4500 off MSRP with conquest. I almost stuck with that deal thinking it was pretty good.

Did some online research and ended up at edmunds townhall.

I saw people getting anywhere from 8-12% off MSRP in Socal.

Sent out some emails to about 5 local dealerships via the edmunds service:
    1. Fletcher Jones: very aggressive guy on the phone, kept trying to get me to come in and wouldn't give me any quotes via phone. Very condescending tone also.

2. Downtown Motors LA: Salesperson Markus offered 11% off MSRP but timing was off and ended up not going with him. But highly recommend.

3. MB of long beach: Salesperson Dez offered 10.9% off MSRP via email. The car was missing a hitch so ended up not going with it. Recommend.

4. House of imports: Salesperson David. Offered the biggest discount 12.15% off MSRP. He was very good with pricing and being up front with his offers. highly recommend.

5.Ended back at MB of Anaheim and got 12.15% ($7164) off, since it was my local dealership and I could get free car washes. This was the only dealership I physically walked into. everything else was done via phone or email over a 2 week period. I even used phone and email to deal with MB of anaheim...less pressure then being in the dealership.

Overall I was actually really impressed with the professionalism of all the dealerships listed above except for fletcher jones. All were very nice and surprisingly up front with pricing.

Hope this helps...
  • bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    Thanks Huynsanity your post really help.
    I myself is from So. Cal. I haven't purchase mine yet and had emailed several dealership. Waiting for November incentive.

Agree House of Import is very aggressive with their pricing. Salesperson Ronelle had the same % as what you have. I like how they handle your request. I am leaning towards them. I bought my 2013 E 350 with MB Long Beach and found out the discount I have was just average.

Congratulation to your new ML.
  • fantasyleofantasyleo Member Posts: 5
    If you are in the Bay Area, in any case you are happen to shop at Beshoff, make sure you don't deal with Adam, because this guy will try to trap you, and he won't give you no discount and when you also get to a deal he will try to lie that the car you are looking for has sold to another customer at a higher price. So Avoid Adam from Beshoff. :mad:
  • yliuyliu Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    53k/62k=85.5% almost 14.5% off. Thank you so much for sharing.:-)
    I am not happy with my local dearer. :-( I can get $5800 off from msrp so far. If I can get 8k off, I will in.
    congratulations for your car~~~

One of my dealers said there must be some mileages on it, is it right? thank you for your sharing. I appreciate it.
    my friend got a ML 350 two years ago. 14,000 off that includes $3500 and another $1500 employee discount. do we have to work this kind of companies to get it? thank you.
  • randomeffecrandomeffec Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a Iridium Silver Metallic ML350 for my folks with base options. The MSRP is $48,895. What would be the price point that I should negotiate? From reading from the boards people are getting up to 12% off MSRP. Is it realistic to negotiate the discount up to $5,800?

Thanks for the advice.
  • charliej01charliej01 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Fort Myers, FL and am just about to order a 2013 ML350. Does anyone have any current buying experience in southern Florida. Based on Edmunds pricing recommendation it looks like I should expect to get about 5% off MSRP (with some work I'm sure)....is anyone in southern Florida doing substantially better than that? With all of the options and the delivery fee the MSRP looks to be around $67K.
  • masterbuyermasterbuyer Member Posts: 1
    So, to be clear, that 12.15% off MSRP, it included the Conquest discount, yes?
  • 9times9times Member Posts: 7
    FYI for the forum.... Just picked up ML350 4Matic (gas). A little over 11% off, which includes $1500 Winter Event and $1000 MBUSA club. Nothing extraordinary here. Very straight forward negotiations. Price is essentially invoice minus Winter Event minus MBUSA club discount.
    Please let me know which dealership you dealt with, as I would like to call the manager. I was told on my recent vehicle aquisition by the dealer that I could not combine the winter certificate with the MBUSA club discount certificate. I need to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your help.
  • marcsgsmarcsgs Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a 2013 ML Bluetech. I thought I could score a nice EOY deal but find that the diesel's are in such short supply in No. NJ that I can barely find one to get a deal on. Does anybody know if this situation is likely to change anytime soon? The dealers are loaded with non diesels but I really wanted the Bluetech. I would appreciate anyone's insight. Thanks in advance.
  • trancedrivingtrancedriving Member Posts: 1
    avoid the house of imports in los angeles if you are in the market for a ml. negotiated with markus over email. double confirmed purchase price (which was not bad at over 10% off of msrp) and trade-in value. told him i'd drive long distance there so there should be no last minute surprise or change. of course when i got there, he said there was confusion and he did not agree to this or that. probably thought that i drove hundreds of miles there and they could squeeze a couple grand of me by this last minute extortion. although i was able to insist on my email, i had to spend hours arguing on that. exhausted and a bad experience. don't be lured there by their email or internet price (regardless if it is 10% off of msrp). they will fight you when you get there.
  • randomeffecrandomeffec Member Posts: 2
    I ended up getting a base model white ml350 for 42k, 13% off msrp from South Bay Mercedes . Hopefully this was an ok deal
    Euromotorcars. Hope this helps. Looks like you still got a great deal though.
    edited December 2012
    I asked multiple sources and found out winter certificate and MBUSA club certificate cannot be used together. You are lucky your deaaler let you do this. I worked on my deal with a manager, being a MB owner of 3 prior vehicles we worked out a good deal. My side interests are car buying and leasing often helping friends and neighbors. In my area of Florida 4 matics very hard to get and are flying off the dealers lots. I hope you are enjoying your ML350, it is a great riding vehicle.
  • mbenzbuyermbenzbuyer Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Hello Everyone,
    I am in the market for ML350.
    Black color, Black interior, P1 package, Keyless GO, Lighting package, Brushed aluminium running board, illumination kit for running board, Multicolor ambient lighting, lane tracking package, trailor hitch, Harmon music system, Heated steering wheel, and (of course) destination fee.....$60,380.
    and the dealer is offering this car for $55K! plus tax!! North NJ
    what do you guys think? any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Just bought this exact car, but in Arctic White. After applying the Winter Event ($1500) and MB USA Club discount ($1,000), price was $53,300, plus a $200 doc processing fee. Another forum member has been told that the MBUSA Club discount can't be applied with the Winter Event discount. Assuming you can't (or don't qualify to) apply the MBUSA Club discount, your offer seems to be within about $500 of the best deal I was able to negotiate in Maryland.
  • anandvnanandvn Member Posts: 6
    Hello all, I am new to the forum, but like the information I've seen so far. I'm looking for an ML 350 arctic white with premium 1 package, beige leather, parktronic, lane tracking, and 4Matic. It looks like none are in stock in the AZ area, and I'm probably going to have to order one. The MSRP is around $57.5k. Im looking to lease this for 36 months and 15k miles/yr. How much can I get off MSRP if they have to order this? Im hoping to get 10%, do people think that's reasonable? Has anyone had experience in negotiating prices on a vehicle that has to be ordered? I have a certificate for 3k off MSRP through USAA auto buying service, but I'm seeing most everyone is able to get at least 10% off which is much better than my certificate.
  • mbenzbuyermbenzbuyer Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    thank you for your response.
    I am assuming that MB USA discount is applies to previous owner of Mercedes, which I am not. I talked to the dealer today and the price was offered was $54,800. This is the best offer I have available as of now. Do you mind giving me the info of your dealership? since we are buying two ML350, I might end up getting same deal as you.
    Thank you.