Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Check the Edmunds Maintenance Guide for service cost in your area.
  • njexpressnjexpress Member Posts: 170
    Brilliant white, with Java leather, M1, Sunroof, Bose and heated seats (no special paint;0) )
    40,000/= even, including tax, title and registration. Very courteous servie except for some "attempts" at the very last moment that got ironed out amicably.
    Cheers!
    njexpress
  • gortizgortiz Member Posts: 9
    I own a 2000 ML320 and have been very dissapointed with the vehicle. I have had all the classic problems listed on this board. In the last 6 months: Air sensors, catalytic converter, sun roof, windows, rear wipers, check oil light, check engine light, etc. etc. Mercedes has really dropped the ball with this vehicle. However Keeler of Latham NY has been great. The are always polite, apologetic and prompt. They always have great loaners and fit me in almost immediately. They are making a potentially horrible situation into a bearable one. I am looking to trade the ML for an E class w/ 4 matic.
  • bushpilot1bushpilot1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought new ML320 2000 it has 51k miles, the wife drives it. It has been to the dealer so many times I cant recall.

The dealer refuses to sell me another car, and MB in 2000 sent me a 3k refund check for my troubles with the vehicle.

Im skeptical of the MB mechanics.

The wife wants a new ML500.
  • khoonkhoon Member Posts: 85
    just curious, what are people paying for the ML350 these days?
  • h2fanh2fan Member Posts: 27
    Anyone? No one is buying these any more?
  • bill3bill3 Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone suggest me what would be the fair price to buy '98 ML320 in Toronto? My neighbour wants to sell it. Mileage: over 100k. Don't know much about the car. I also hear that many Pros and Cons about this car. Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks, Bill in Toronto
  • carcarcarcar Member Posts: 19
    Just in case anybody's looking for a ML350 in Southern Wisconsin, right now International Autos is selling theirs for $5000 below MSRP!! Thought it was a good deal, although I'm not in the market.......additional information check the Milwaukee Journal!
  • sahar516sahar516 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how to value a 2004 ML 350 with miles on it? I am looking to buy, but don't know how to rate it with 4-9k miles on it. The guides only go up to 2003. There was one with 7500 miles on it, with the comfort, trim, & sunroof pkge along with heated seats. The price was $35995. Was that a good price? What about one with 5500 miles, Comfort, trim, sunroof AND the entertainment pkge. It lists for 37 or 38? Is this a good price. How do I negotiate ? Do MB dealers haggle??
  • eyesurgeoneyesurgeon Member Posts: 3
    Before you purchase or lease that new Benz, you may want to read about the recent nightmare experience of a young buyer. See Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Coupes & Hatchbacks), #1562.
  • sahar516sahar516 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2004 ML 350. Bril. Silver
    Comfort and Trim pkg, Nav pkg, Ent. Pkg, Sunroof, Heated Seats.. $39,895. I chose this over the 2005 at $40,205 because it doesn't have the FSS and NAv. It only had the Comfort..
  • jburschjbursch Member Posts: 11
    Looking to purchase a 2004 ML 350? I have heard of approximately $5,000 off MSRP. Any similar experiences? I am in Los Angeles. Thanks in advance.

jb.
  • xyz2004slcxyz2004slc Member Posts: 14
    Hello, merc lovers! Im looking to buy a 05 ML350 with the Trim Pkg., rear seat pkg, and sunroof pkg. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, if ppl buy this car anymore. Its like this car is obsolete!
  • maxwellhumaxwellhu Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I paid 46000 not including fees and taxes.

Have options
    Special Edition, Entertainment PKG, Sunroof Package,

Did I get a good deal?

I asked for the Parktronic but the dealer said he couldn't installed it.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Maxwellhu, what was the MSRP on your ML500?

My 2002 ML500 with parktronic, third seat, Nav, bi-xenons, 6 CD changer, was $52,xxx. I negotiated $1,500 off MSRP in Dec. 2001.

The new restyled ML will come out next year as a 2006 model, probably in the summer.

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • jlg008jlg008 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I have a dealer that wants me to buy this suv at $39,390, it has Special Edition 30 (because there is Special Edition 29),heated front seats, entertainment package, sunroof, nav system. This model is being discontinued and the 2006 is coming in April. What I would like to know is, does anyone know the money factor, residual lease numbers? It would be for 39mths/ 45k, 15 cents mile penalty, zero down. These prices are dealer cost (as per dealer).

Pleae let me know soon. Respond to this message board. Thanks much.
  • jlg008jlg008 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I have a dealer that wants me to buy this suv at $39,390, it has Special Edition 30 (because there is Special Edition 29),heated front seats, entertainment package, sunroof, nav system. This model is being discontinued and the 2006 is coming in April. What I would like to know is, does anyone know the money factor, residual lease numbers? It would be for 39mths/ 45k, 15 cents mile penalty, zero down. These prices are dealer cost (as per dealer).

Pleae let me know soon. Respond to this message board. Thanks much.
  • dgrancelldgrancell Member Posts: 1
    Hi. If anyone has the Mid-Atlantic Navigation CD (#8) for the 1998 ML, I would like to buy it (or a copy). I bought my 1998 ML320 used from Ferretti Motors in Huntingdon Valley, PA, three months ago. They promised me the correct CD for the navigation system and have been blowing me off every week . I called the local Mercedes Benz dealer (R&S Imports) last month and was told they had CD#8 for $150. Ferretti's General Manager, Mark Neiman, now tells me that the MB dealers no longer sell the individual CDs ... that they must buy the complete set for $1200. Ferretti will not buy a complete set to give me CD 8. Can anyone help? Please send an email to me at dgrancell@aol.com if you can help. Thank you.
  • slick65slick65 Member Posts: 1
    have u checked EBay? have seen various areas for sale.
  • ammar249ammar249 Member Posts: 1
    i bought a 2005 Mercedes e320 4matic from ASC. You have to call the dealer and make an appointment or call your service advisor they will make reservations for your rental car at your request they can provide you with a mercedes. They have 4 or 5 mercedes sedans. there all c-class sedans only. But if you didn't buy your car from ASC you have to pay for your rental
  • sierrasonicsierrasonic Member Posts: 26
    MSRP 48825, Invoice Price $45959, Offered Price $44581 for 2006 ML350,

Is this good price? Can somebody give me the more feedback about the vehicle. Is there any recalls? Thanks in Advance.
  • hanghang Member Posts: 4
    I am interested in the 2006 ML 350. Please tell me if this is a reasonable price.
    I forgot to ask about the invoice price. I will next time when I speak to the salesman.

White/ash: $40,470 (includes the $720 destination)
    318 trim: $2,200
    324 Sunroof: $1,390
    Offered price: $42,995

Is this a good price????????
    It is not comparative what I got which is above your post.
    Finally I got my ML350 on Saturday paying $44581/- with MSRP 48825.
  • newmownernewmowner Member Posts: 86
    Sierrasonic, you got a sweet deal on the ML350, that's some $4200 off the sticker. Did you have to negotiate really hard for that, or were there any contributing factors that allowed you to get that deal?

I pick mine up Wednesday, I am getting $2750 off the sticker, and they are installing the chrome grill on for free (I did not get the Appearance package because I did not want Suede seats).

Some other dealers are insisting on sticker or just below it.
    We need to negotiate hard but with this sales person I didn't negotiate much. He came up with his own figure after I told him that the cost of the car which I found with different caluculations. so I agreed for that. I hope you will also get for the same price. Go to consumerreports.org and get the vehicle value there with paying $12/- or you can go to carsdirect.com and see the options rate there and add the total to the base car price $36,495. So based on that try to negotiate with the dealer.
    i think i may be out of luck at this point since i signed the contract at the $2750 below. i wish i had found this site Saturday morning!!
    Good luck. Keep post your experience on your New ML 350.
  • gm1120gm1120 Member Posts: 22
    Don't feel bad! At least you have a free chrome grill. I only got $2080 under MSRP.
    Congrats, Sierrasonic! You know, I did do the invoice pricing on Edmunds.com and the dealer's invoice was higher than what Edmunds had. I saw it on their computer creen and it was the same price the another salesperson in the same dealer quoted me, what I didn't do was look through what the invoice had on it. That maybe what I did wrong. The only thing I really regret is not getting the memory seat options and my husband really wanted the 5 spoke rims but the salesperson said that would be hard to find without the appearance package, which I didn't want because of the suede seats.
    Thank you gm1120. How do you feel with the vehicle so far? Any comments?
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    Drove both a ML 500 and ML 350 on Saturday and was impressed on how they drive compared to a Infinity FX-45 and the Lexus 470 vehicle. I think the Mercedes is more of a vehicle then the other two cars. The Infinity is too radical in styling and the Lexus seems to be dated styling and features.

What kind of deal on a purchase do you think one can make on the 2006 model.

I would be trading a 2002 Caddy DTS, Loaded with everything but Sunroof. Value around 17,500 to 18,500 hopefully.

I normally purchase but would do a lease if the terms and factors were right. Help me out on how MB Leasing might structure a lease.

Can I do a 36 or 42 month lease, Will they allow me to buy it with 20,000 miles per year in the lease.

I don't mind buying the vehicle outside my city area so I can travel to a dealer that is flexible in making a deal happen.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Where are you from? I got a good deal from Bay area, CA. You can see my posts on top and also visit www.mbworld.org where you will get useful information too.
  • mymercedesmymercedes Member Posts: 2
    hi sierrasonic, i can't believe the deal you are getting, wow.i never thought anyone would be willin to sell below their invoice. especially from the high-end vehicle sectors. Those salesmen think if you can afford a Mercedes, then you can afford the full price. So it was always been hard to bargain with them in the past for me. None of my buying experiences were pleasant. And i absolutely hate paying for more than what the vehicle actually worth.
    I live in the bay area also, the oakland MB salesman just contacted me saying that they are having a house competition or something and are willing to offer the deal of $500 above their invoice if i can make the purchase by 6/20. So i was wondering which salesman did you made the contact with? Also, the tax in the bay area is pretty high, i was even thinking about buying a vehicle from Oregon and drive it down, could save me over 5000 in tax and its only couple hours of drive.
  • garretgarret Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you purchase from? Location - City, State, Phone #? I want to purchase a ML for my wife.

Thanks

Garret
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    No phone numbers, but dealership, city & state are fine. Let your fingers do the walking :)

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

mymercedes, don't you pay tax in the state the vehicle is registered in? so driving to Oregon will do you no good if you don't register in Oregon. :surprise:
    So I picked mine ML350 up last Wednesday. I love it. Got the Pewter with Black leather inserts. Memory seats are a must if you have multiple drivers. The seven spoke wheels are good looking, so don't feel you need upgraded wheels. Also, with bigger wheels, you get thinner tires, so ride quality is compromised. I am still getting used to alot of things, I had a Ford Explorer before this. Overall, the car is sweet. I am pretty critical though, so I do have a couple of minor comments that relate to the stereo. One is with respect to the stereo control on the steering wheel. While listening to the radio, why does the up and down button serve as a scan/seek button instead of scrolling through my presets? That is silly. Or am I not programming something right? Please advise if you know, thanks! Other comment is that the preset buttons (especially since I can't access them from the steering wheel) should be on the left side of the LCD screen, not the right side. I have to stretch across pretty far to access them. I did get the Entertainment Package, so listening to CDs will mitigate this, but I still think that could have been thought out more. Did anyone get the wheel lock bolts? I can't find a parts department that has them for the 2006, and I heard the bolts for the 2005 don't fit. Congrats to everyone on their purchases!
    I got it from Pleasanton, CA.
    So far I love it. Although I already have a couple of complaints....I don't know if you've experienced this, but I live in the peninsula with LOTS of hills and when I'm going downhill at about 30-35 mph, it would suddenly jerk and downshift. Also, yesterday, I was at a stop sign and was making left and it jerked again. I think something's up with the 7 speed automatic shift (or whatever that's called). I had a 10 year old Lexus prior to this car and never had that kind of problem. My husband was also saying that when he goes 80 mph, he feels it trying to slow him down, since I don't go that fast, I haven't had that experience. Then, there's the brake pedal, it seems too low, like I have to press halfway before the brake engages. Have you noticed that? I had a couple of people test drive the car and they both mentioned the same thing (without me bringing it up). I had it serviced today for the safety recall (clamp on steering fluid) and had them check out the brakes, they said they bled it, may have had air pockets and should be working just fine, but I haven't noticed any difference. I'm still happy though and excited. I did buy the car for the looks :) What about you?
    Since we own a house in Arizona, we asked about buying out of state so we pay lower taxes and we were told (by the financing lady at the dealer), that you can buy out of state but when you register your car in California within 1 year of purchase from out of state, you would have to pay the taxes then, based on your address in CA.
    Same thing with me also. When it is going downhill it is Jerking(Suddenly the gare changing) and also same thing with brake we have to push little harder.

:confuse:
    gm1120, ask the service center about those mechanical things you feel. i don't experience those things at all.

i know the vehicle has a braking sensor for safety, i wonder it that is kicking in? also, when you were on the hills, were you manually shifting, or just in normal drive? :confuse:
    It is coming in normal drive(Automatic). I didn't try manual.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Since this is the pricing discussion, please discuss ownership issues in our regular Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) discussion. Thanks.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Sierrasonic, Newmowner
    I'll post my reposnse in the that other area Kristy is referring to in the above post.
  • anthonyd42anthonyd42 Member Posts: 5
    newmowner,
    You probably already figured it out, but in my E there is a 'preference' you can change to either scan the radio or jump through presets with the steering wheel control.

Any Los Angeles buyers out there? I'm deciding between Auto Steigler and Fletcher Jones. Thoughts?
    Anthony, I spoke with the rep who walks thru the new car (who seemed :shades: very knowledgeable about the features on all the models), and apparently, the other versions had a function to switch the way the steering wheel controls function, but the new ML does not have that, yet.
  • fun6889fun6889 Member Posts: 27
    Anyone out there have pricing for 06 ML350 for NJ/NYC area?