Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    I doubt it -- these came shrinkwrapped in the back of the Bean when I drove it off the lot, and are the same ones (same part #) Subaru lists in their accesory catalog.

I think they just made them too small!

Craig
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    The stereo is aftermarket, the head unit is a JVC. model XC770, it is an am-fm with CD and cassette.

I also swapped the speakers for Infinity cappa speakers front and back, I used Subaru tweeters, also Subaru subwoofer, makes for a nice system.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    image.

Here is a photo of the Fiamm horns that I replaced the dismal Subaru horns with.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You're a much better customizer than you are a photographer, Pat. ;-)

It's a little blurry, but I've seen those horns before and they are quite authoritative.

-juice
  • Options
    Can,t be good at everything that would be boring.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    The heated seats are standard on the Legacy GT wagon here in Canada, I am not sure about the regular Legacy.

Leather is only available on the limited sedan, you cannot have it on the wagon, It was available on the GT wagon prior to the 2000 model year and then was dropped.

You would think if they have a limited sedan they would have a limited wagon. I guess they do not want to put it in competition with the limited outback.

Cheers Pat. Ps I am not 100% sure but there may be a limited wagon in the States.
  • Options
    Nope. Just a GT, no Limited.

-juice
  • Options
    nygregnygreg Member Posts: 1,936
    Pat - you are king. I won't even try to top that. Great job.

Heated seats - yes I have the AWP with heated seats under cloth. Works great.

Finally, Taa-daa I uploaded all my pictures including those of the diffy protector and hood deflector installation. Definitely need to get a digital camera. Enjoy

<http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292155229&idx=1>

Greg

• Options
    Way to go.

That diffy protector is definitely different than mine. I had thought they were the same, but nope.

I can see that your stock sway bar is thicker than mine was. It's about the same as my upgraded 18mm bar.

-juice
  • Options
    theobtheob Member Posts: 148
    Greg,
    When you put yours on, did you happen to notice a drain plug on the bottom of the diffy that matched up with the hole on the bottom?

Juice,
    It looks like the pre-2K OB used the same diffy pro as the Forester. The instructions for the Forester one includes the Legacy.

Theo
  • Options
    OK, that makes sense. I do recall my instructions also listed the Impreza and Legacy. Those two are actually easier, because you do not have to move the exhaust, as you do for the Forester.

-juice
  • Options
    nygregnygreg Member Posts: 1,936
    No. The only plugs I saw were those facing the rear. I was wrong in my previous statement - the diffy protector does have a hole on the "bottom" for any liquid to escape through as noted in the picture. Easy installation - took about 20mins and I didn't need to raise the car.

Greg
  • Options
    outback165outback165 Member Posts: 108
    I'm having difficulty figuring out how to post a picture of my car - a small one. I looked in help, but I don't have the picture on any website, so I don't have a URL to insert. Is it possible to just copy it from my hard drive? Thanks
    Pete.
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181

• Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sorry, but you can't upload a photo directly from your computer. It must reside elsewhere. Click on How to Post a Photo located under Helpful Links in the sidebar.

However, finding a free photo hosting site that will allow cross-linking is getting more and more difficult. If anyone knows of sites that do allow this, please post their location.

Thanks!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    Mike - can you elaborate a bit on those RS pics? It didn't make the top of that slope, did it? Scrape marks from that tree, I see.

-Brian
  • Options
    Nope it made the top and the bottom. The top pic wasn't as steep as it looked (I think they cocked the camera a bit) The center is a water crossing, and the bottom 2 were a ledge he had to go over. After it got the nose jammed, I pulled him backward with the Troopa, and he went down it sideways so that he didn't get any damage to the nose. No scrapes on it at all. Also those are stock Blowtenza RE92s on it too.

-mike
  • Options
    like he sneeked by that tree in the last pic - on the lower part of the panels - and got scraped. but now that I look at it again, it looks just like slop thrown up from the tires.

looks like he had fun.

-Brian
  • Options
    We had a ball. It was a nice group:

Ford Exploder Sport
    Subaru 2.5RS Coupe
    Isuzu Trooper LS
    Jeep Cherokee Sport
    Mitsubishi Montero

The Ford made tons of creaking noises it was kinda funny. Also he had to take the bypass that the 2.5RS did when the 2.5RS burried the nose.

-mike
  • Options
    I checked out imagestation.com but they were down for maintenance. I emailed the picture to a friend and asked him to host it on his site. We'll see. Nothing as much fun as an outing in snow... just a picture of a clean white OB!
    Pete.
  • Options
    just checked it and it's up. I know they have done maintenance blurbs in the past, but usually they're up and running again in a few hours.

here's my car album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292788623

-Brian

• Options
    I can stick the picture on mac.com if it doesn't work out with your other friend. Just e-mail it to me.

Craig
  • Options
    My friend pulled through for me and created a page for me on his website. Below should be the link. I hope I did it right. I guess I need practice photographing the reflection of the grass! I'm not sure what would have been more fun... going on the road trip with Paisan etc., or the detailing!

Well, I can't figure out the link thing, I've tried a couple of times, so for those interested, just go to http://wagovich.com -- no www's or anything.

Craig, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

Pete.

• Options
    Looks Good!

Craig
  • Options
    tint looks good too!

-Brian
  • Options
    Looks good, I just wish they came in mono-tone.

-mike
  • Options
    Cool pix. That RS was really pushing the limits!

Also, it looks like conditions were much worse (or is that better?) this time around. You seem to have more mud then we did, it was pretty dry last time.

You know, a black/slate Outback with tint would look kinda monotone.

-juice
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Trust me on this one ;-). Although with enough salt/slush spray you get close.

Ed
  • Options
    ffsteveffsteve Member Posts: 243
    Pete,

Nice photo! Nice car. Looks just like mine, except you also tinted the front windows. Although many do so, in CA this is frowned upon by the authorities so I resisted the temptation.

I put photos on pbase.com, and have also have problems linking directly to the photo. I posted some aerial photos of the car there last week (kind of far, hard to see detail). If you are interested in a bird's eye view of the Outback take a look at www.pbase.com/ffsteve.

Steve
  • Options
    miksmimiksmi Member Posts: 1,246
    In case you wondered what it looks like, here it is, courtesy of FHI. Other than the color, . The small images are hyperlinks; click for a bigger photo.

Subaru GT-B E-tune II, front quarter, available in the Japan Domestic Market.
    Subaru GT-B E-tune II, side, available in the Japan Domestic Market.

..Mike

• Options
    subearu "Subaru Crew - Future Models II" Jan 27, 2002 10:01am
    I posted a link from the same site (of course) to a really beautiful B4 sedan in dark blue in the Future Models discussion.

When will SOA/FHI realize that this is the vehicle that we want? ;)

-Brian
  • Options
    Brian, the B4's blue is delicious.

Gosh I hope to see something turbocharged come our way.

..Mike

..Mike

• Options
    That is a sweet wagon. Compared to that, my LL Bean looks like a frump-mobile. Heck, compared to those fashion models, my wife and I would be on the frumpy side ourselves! Ah, to dream of the glamour life . . . . hot looks and a GT-B wagon . . . . .

Craig
  • Options
    I can't bare to look any more. Bring 'em here!

-juice
  • Options
    I,ll take one just like that,God if they had that here I would be seriously tempted to trade my Gt in against it.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    "Seriously tempted"? I think you are showing quite a bit of restraint! I am sure you would be the first in line . . . .

Craig
  • Options
    hehe Craig. Pat, the side view reminds me of your 5-spoked Titan. My only disappointment the GT-B photos is the side view: space is wasted on he models. Anyone notice the "e-tune" badge to the right of Pleiades? The B4 has a badge in similar location.

..Mike

..Mike

• Options
    theobtheob Member Posts: 148
    Was looking for luck11's photos of the cabin air filter change, but photopoint is dead. Anyone know where those are now?

Thanks, Theo
  • Options
    It will never happen, it would be a toss up as to whether my wife would murder me or divorce me, but you could count on one or the other.

When we bought the GT I had to swear on a stack of bibles that was the last for ten years.

Cheers Pat. Ps but if I win the lottery who knows.
  • Options
    I like your thinking. I too have wondered how winning the lottery or some other windfall would affect the power balance my wife and I have established. You have to keep all the possibilities open.

Craig
  • Options
    hammersleyhammersley Member Posts: 684
    Craig... nice way of putting it :)

My wife is the dreamer, I'm the realist. Things usually get done, not always the way they were originally envisioned, never as soon as we wanted, and usually over budget. Oh, well... you can't take it with you, and they're usually worth waiting for.

Cheers!
    Paul
  • Options
    Its not usually a power balance here,we usually agree on most stuff, but over the years I have spent a fortune on cars, now that we are retired funds are more limited, so she finally put her foot down.

Can,t say as I blame her she has just cause,although to be truthful cars are my only vice, somebody has to show some fiscal restraint now and I just don,t have it in me.

Before we had two cars and it always worked that every four years we got one new car,on reflection that was dumb when you think of the money I threw away on depreciation, as well as the money I sunk into them on the aftermarket.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Cars are a bad way to spend money. It's unfortunate for those of us who are into cars for more than just a ride! It can be an expensive "hobby". If you can find a car that you will fall in love with for many years, that's probably the best way to go.

Craig
  • Options
    twrxtwrx Member Posts: 647
    Just realized why Subaru people are so different. What other manufacture whould have the faithful going crazy over the styling of their wagons? Do I want that outrageous copper colored Legacy or the Impreza Type Euro?
    TWRX
  • Options
    Subaru people just do not have their heads up their butt and realise that a nice outrageous orange B4 wagon, or WRX is the way to go.

Lots of people would have a wagon again but are afraid of being laughed at for driving a Mom and Pop mobile, Sube people just don,t have that problem.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    We just aren't insecure, that's all.

-juice
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Insecure? Who's insecure? You're not talking about me, I'm not insecure.

-Frank P.
  • Options
    artgeckoartgecko Member Posts: 78
    Hi all,

I'm a new guy over on the WRX Wagon boards. Revka suggested that I post my pics here, too. I just got mine Wednesday evening, so I'm just getting into my 1000 mile break-in period.

Since I had absolutely no luck finding any photos of a black WRX wagon when I went searching, I thought you might like to take a look at mine. Here are a few shots I took last night when I got home. It was almost dusk, so the flash went off giving the running lamps too much reflection, but at least it is something for now. Click on the thumbnails for a larger image.

http://homepage.mac.com/SubaruWRX/

See ya,

Steve
  • Options
    Sweet ride, looks nice. Thanks for the pics.

Craig
  • Options
    artgeckoartgecko Member Posts: 78
    I think I read in a post of yours over on another board that you are from VA. We lived west of Fredricksburg 1980-86. Then got transferred to Cleveland, OH suburbs :-(
    Now that I have the WRX and the MGA, I'd much prefer the roling rural Virginia roads. Hard to find a fun uncrowded road around here.
    Heading to Charlottesville in July in the MGA. Haven't been back in 16 years!
    Steve
This discussion has been closed.