Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Nice out near Fredericksburg. I sometimes take a shortcut through there on RT 17 when I have to travel to DC. Great roads and scenery. I like Charlottesville too. My wife and I usually go out there for a long weekend every fall. Should be a great drive for an MGA!!

Craig
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    are here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292037475

Pictures of the 2003 Forester, the Baja passthrough (not as big as you may think), a slightly beat up WRX intercooler, and silky GT sedan. You could just hear it saying "make me a B4". ;)

My impressions in Meet the Members.

-Brian

• mdisaacsmdisaacs Member Posts: 28
    Wow Subearu! That's a lot of pics. Thanks for taking the time.
    -Mike
  • hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    What Digi Camera are you using?
    Got to get one of those.

-Dave
  • yellowbikedon1yellowbikedon1 Member Posts: 94
    Fabulous review! Thanks for the treat. You did one hell of a good job!

Don
    It's a Sony DSC-S50. I believe it's not made anymore. It doesn't have a viewfinder - it only has a lcd screen that swivels like those on camcorders. I have a 64mb memory stick (along with the 4mb stick that came w/ the camera). It's 2.1 megapixels, which takes a 1600x1200 sized pics (which averages about 850k with JPEG compression). On Saturday, I took 'em at 1024x768 to make sure I had sufficient room for all the pics. Takes mini movies too - up to 60 seconds of MPEG in something like 120x160 resolution.

-Brian
  • hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    They may not make 'em anymore, but they sure do take good pics :-D

-Dave
  • jimmyj1945jimmyj1945 Member Posts: 141
    Thanks Brian, Great Pics. Hard to tell space and volume from pictures, but the picture you took of the inside back seats is interesting. It looks like the drivers side front is all the way back and the passenger side front all the forward. You can see the difference in room on each side. Great Job! Thanks again,

Jim
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Nice Pics. Crossing that water looks really neat! Did everyone make it alright?

Jim
    We only had one casualty, an RS went through some mud holes and slamed into a concrete slab. It pushed his cross-memeber in and the radiator into the drve-belts. We were able to use a trooper to pull out the cross member and move the radiator far enough from the engine so that he could drive home.

-mike
    Sounds like fun for everyone except the RS owner. Thanks again for the Pics.

Jim
    Got this in an email I get weekly. Your pictures are safe, but they don't have the bandwidth & hardware to host them at the current time.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021201photopointstatus.asp

-Brian
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Way to go Brian. I'll actually comment in the Future Models thread, since that's where we usually talk about the changes.

-juice

PS The Kia Sorento isn't the 2003 Santa Fe, they are different models (body on frame vs. unibody for Hyundai)
  • hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    Good job, the rear suspension on the new forester stiil looks to be pretty intrusive, looks pretty much like the 02 model.

I like those rear cargo nets, wonder if I could adapt that for the GT.

Cheers Pat.
    Yep, that was the Kia Sorento, not the Santa Fe. I've corrected the caption in the photo. I was putting the captions on while trying to get Brooke to go to bed last night. Guess I should have gone to bed too!

-Brian
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    great shots! Thanks for posting them. I like the multiple cargo nets in the cargo area.

Bob
  • barresa62barresa62 Member Posts: 1,379
    Good job. It's hard to get the pics and also enjoy the show...so thanks! One more slight critique though, the caption of the Hyundai sedan should read Hyundai Tiburon for 2003. :-)

Stephen
    Thanks Steven. That picture caption is now corrected.

The thing I found the hardest was carrying the bag of brochures in my left hand and taking pictures with just the right hand. I think that's why a few of the pics appear to be blurry.

I'll have my wife hold the brochure bag on Saturday at the Milwaukee show. ;)

-Brian
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

The backseat leg room of the 03 Forester does not look any better than the current model. That is very unfortunate. To me, it's the only flaw on an otherwise great car.

Craig
    I bet the 2003 Forester is MIA in Milwaukee. Someone said it wasn't in San Deigo at that show.

-juice
    I too bet it won't be there. Wonder if even the Baja will show up?

Oh well. My wife won't mind - she'll be headed for the Oddessey anyway.

I plan on getting some pics of the Pacifica if it's there.

-Brian
    compared to the Chicago show is like going to a car dealers' lot to look at cars. The Chicago show is big, no doubt.

That's why I try to go to both shows each year. The Chicago show usually has something 'new' debuting each year. The Milwaukee show usually doesn't, but that's good in a way since the crowds are smaller - which means we can sit in the cars a lot easier.

-Brian
    I agree - the DC Auto Show is small, too, but you can sample all the cars without any sales pressure. It's a great place to pre-shop, and decide on which models to test drive.

-juice
    Got my pics up: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292019983

Comments in Future Models...

-Brian
  • armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    makes the Aztek look good (impossible though that may seem).

Ross
  • jeijei Member Posts: 143
    If I've ever seen a car crying out for a monochrome paint job, it's the Pontiac Piranha. I have a morbid curiosity to see this one at the NYC auto show. It's so odd looking I might even like it. (I'm the one who loved the funky looking Toyota Tercel wagons of the '80s. I had one for 14 years.)
    I really do like the look of Chevy SSR. Seems to be just the right sort of replacement for the Camaro in this age of Impractical Gilded Trucks. Sort of brings back the love of American cars (especially GM products) I had when I was a kid in the '60s. Times change.
    The PT pickup looks cute, but if I can't put a snowblower in the bed, no go... The PT panel wagon? I can just see someone my age or older fitting it with wire wheel covers & whitewall tires. With a straight face. Eeeeks...
    The Chrysler Java looks intriguing. Does it use the Neon platform? D-C seems to have caught onto the small 5-door world car thing better than the other Big 2-1/2 manufacturers. Pontiac Vibe deserves honorable mention, with top line credits to Toyota.
    When I go to replace my Forester in 8 years or so, I might just be looking at some US brands again. There's no telling what will have changed by then.

John
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    I've uploaded some pics from the 2003 Forester magazine my wife brought home from Japan:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/kentaros98/lst?.dir=/Forester&.view=l

I didn't have a scanner handy so I had to use my digital camera. My apologies if the quality isn't very good.

Enjoy,

Ken

• ffsteveffsteve Member Posts: 243
    For those interested in window tinting, here is my Bean with the back five windows tinted. Very effective keeping the heat down in the car when in the sun.

Pictures taken in my favorite spot - Borrego Springs CA.

This is first trip with the bike rack. Noticed some noise, but really not too much. The weight overhead was very noticeable when taking fast corners, the car leans much more than before. But the rack is essential for making room inside for all of the camping stuff.

Steve

http://www.pbase.com/ffsteve/borregomar02

• lakepoplakepop Member Posts: 221
    Steve,
    Wow that's some arid looking place. Does it actually have a spring/water? Looks like you could just drive anywhere....no trees....pretty flat. It's got to be serene as I don't see anything to create a disturbance.
    Anyway...looks like you are taking advantage of your Sube...enjoy!
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Steve,

Nice photos!

Ken
    Took pics w/new Canon PowerShot S110 digital the last couple of weeks. Check out the March Madness and WRX Mods albums. For you pet lovers, check out the Zelda album.

http://photos.yahoo.com/barresa62

Stephen

Nice pictures, you must be having fun with your new camera.

Cheers Pat.
    Pat: Yeah, probably too much fun! This was the first download from my camera. I have a 256k flashcard so it takes a while before I need to download. I got impatient. I only had 56 pics on the camera. I'll have some more pics when I get my 17" Volks Rays Gram Lite wheels and Toyo TS-1 tires mounted. Any excuse for the camera, ya know. :-)

Stephen
  • lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    I like the pics of Zelda..the opposite of Hadji, the cat in a dog's body!
    Tint looks nice, but the scenery is even nicer.

DOH! He barks! Where are my medications...

;-)

-juice
  • ffsteveffsteve Member Posts: 243
    Thanks for the nice comments on the pics. I really do like my Subie, and try to have fun with it every weekend. It can carry a lot of toys! I don't go too far off road yet, but each time I go out I gain a little more confidence in the car (and myself) and venture farther. I'll try to get some pics of the Outback in action next time.

The flat area behind the car is Clark Dry Lake, where driving is prohibited, but the road down to the "lake" is easy. There is typically no water in the lake, but if fills to a couple of inches in a good rain. When it dries, the mud dries and shrinks. The lake itself is a great place for flying model gliders and kites, and my nephew (pictured) enjoyed riding his bike there.

There is a off-road activity area to the East of Borrego Springs where anything goes, this is the area where we camped. Its criss-crossed with bike and ATV trails, a very popular spot for the off-roaders, and yes, you can drive anywhere you like (or dare) as long as you don't drive over any of the plants (of which there are few).

Borrego Springs is awesome. Anyone in Southern California ought to take a drive out sometime. Usually this would be a great time for the wildflowers, but this year the crop is dissapointing - just not enough water this winter. More information is here:

http://www.anzaborrego.statepark.org/home.html

Steve (barresa62), nice to see another cat owner. For pics of my beast, see:

http://www.pbase.com/ffsteve/scratch

Steve (ffsteve)

another Steve and a cat lover! :-) Scratch is great! Definitely a poser. I have trouble getting good shots of Zelda. She's always doing photo-op thingies when I don't have the camera handy.

Stephen
    can get there photos burned to a CD - all for $24.95 plus shipping. (how gracious!)

Read more here (from a newsletter I get): http://www.dpreview.com/news/0203/02030301photopointupdate.asp

-Brian
    Ridiculous. I want my $10 back, and my photos mailed to me for free. I can't believe they have to nerve to ask for even more money!

I have copies of all my photos, so they can kiss my assets.

-juice
  • lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984

• locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    wow, there's a whole bunch of pics out there. I'm going to have to download those and take a peek!

those two shots are cool.

-Colin
  • armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    Are all of those cones *supposed* to be on their sides?
    :-)
    Nice pics.

Ross
    Nice shots, although seems like a LOT of body roll.

-mike
  • kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271
    mike, you mean your Trooper has less of a body roll in your spirited cornering? :-)
    Haaa not my trooper but my XT6 has less body roll. Also the Troopa doesn't get auto-xed only NYC-Xed :) haaaa. Whenever I take a cloverleaf everyone in the car yells "No Roll, No Roll, No Whammies, No Whammies!"

-mike
    I believe that the spring rates and sway bars are more of a factor in body roll. Loosh changed the struts, so I'd expect a more controlled ride, with less rebound from the springs. Good transitions, in other words.

How were your times? You keepin' up with the lighter RSs? That would be an achievable goal.

About those cones though...

-juice
    Those cones on their side remind me of a skit I once heard.

An old farmer turns round and says to his wife we must be getting close to town we are knocking over more people.

Cheers Pat.
  • locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    1998 2.5RS, stock springs, kyb AGX struts, street tires (same struts Lucien has!)

1999 2.5RS, coilovers with abusive spring rates, sticky tires, worse driver than above --me ;-)

55 mph sweeper, very little bodyroll evident:
    click here to open a big image in a new window

-Colin
This discussion has been closed.