Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    I have a deposit on a new SF AWD 2.0T model with Leather and Premium and Tech packages. MSRP is just shy of $36K. The dealer is discounting it to $33188 and they gave me a well-above excellent condition trade-in for my 08 SF ($17.5K and excellent trade in is $15.8K). So deals can be had even on the new SF! Now just need to patiently(!) wait for mine to get to the dealer. :shades:
  • wilguy8wilguy8 Member Posts: 5
    Seems like they gave you a bit below invoice. That's great for an all new model.
    edited October 2012
    Picked up my new 2013 Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.0 Turbo on Friday. Copper Canyon exterior and beige interior. Loaded with Leather and Premium and Tech packages along with carpeted mats, rear passenger sunshades, cargo cover, cargo mat, and cargo net. MSRP was $36020 and got it for $33188. They gave me $17500, nearly 2K over the excellent TI value for my 08 SF AWD Ltd. Still owed $8500 for it so once that was added back in and 6% taxes on the diff, and title and tag transfer, I was out the door for $25364. Oh, and the dealership, Blaise Alexander Hyundai in State College, PA, went all the way out to a Hyundai dealership in Aurora, IL to get my new car and didn't add anything to the price to do so! Did virtually all negotiations over the Internet and had selling price and TI value set before setting foot in the dealership. All in all, a great car, a great dealership, and pretty darn good deal without any drama. :)
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    What you said make sense in a self-restraining society. People are into abundance and getting what they want, and businesses know it. This is a game of consumer power. It drives prices high for the things they want. Haha, never knew there're still people who would say hat you said. Been told that's the price everybody is paying and nothing's free. Real fair price and free is an ocean apart in definition. I just thought if a well built car cost this much, a lesser built car (performance, quality, etc.) should price as a reflection of its makeup in comparison. The Lexus dealers twice make me really angry about their unwillingness to negotiate. They won't take my MB (low mi, 8 yr) and want 2k over msrp for a sought after model, and then they want msrp or no sale on a 2012 model 2 months ago! That's it with Lexus! They don't exist anymore...if I want to buy Toyota, I'll buy a Toyota and not a glorify Toyota. Besides, after test droving different Lexus (2012 &2013), there's nothing missing if I rule out Lexus altogether. What's all that hype about Lexus??

Test drove some Hyundai yesterday and found the Sante Fe Sports to be ok. For a 4-cyl, turbo that is a pretty ok car. Now people who would shell out that money for a Honda or Toyota would seriously consider it. It's more nimble than the competitors, even with it being a bit floaty at times, it's a car I would definitely consider but not at that price.
  • midnight1958midnight1958 Member Posts: 2
    I'm from Nj the price I got for 2013 Santa Fe AWD with turbo with leather and tech package only cargo cover, wheel locks and mats was at invoice which was 34,184. MSRP for cargo mat is 95 and net I have no clue. Did you get any incentives military rebate or finance rebates? I am not in military and I plan to pay cash. Feel free to email me at [email protected]
    Midnight1958, my deal had no incentives whatsoever, military, finance or any others. The dealership I bought from gave me a great price right out of the chute via internet/emails and didn't try to embellish it with any extra add-ons. What part of Jersey are you from? If you are willing to make a drive to State College, PA you could get in contact with them and see what they can do for you. If that is something you are interested in doing, post it here and I'll email you the contact info at the dealership. ;)
  • midnight1958midnight1958 Member Posts: 2
    So you got a 1000 under invoice it seems I'm interested send details I am 3 hours away from state college. I did put 500 deposit down and waiting for them to locate car 2013 same as yours loaded. How many miles did car have on it? Did they truck ship it? My email is [email protected]
    Yep, mine was trailered in from Aurora, Il and no extra fees for that. It only had about 50 miles on it when I took delivery so it must have seen a test ride or two, but it is an awesome car. I'll send you info shortly.
  • cary28cary28 Member Posts: 53
    We just put a deposit for a White/beige SF FWD 2.0T with premium and technology package wich will come in first week of Nov. It also comes with mats, cargo cover, and mud guards as PIO options. Let me know if these are good prices:

MSRP: $34225
    Offered: $32300
    Rebate: $500 for leasing
    Net Price: $31800
    Lease term: 36m @ 12K miles/year
    Monthly Payment: $360.51
    Residual: $21219.5
    MF: 0.0048
    Lease term: 48m @ 12k m/yr
    Monthly Payment: $377.62
    Residual: $17112.5

3 years lease seems to be optimal, even though the warranty is for 5 yrs. Hyundai is offering 3.9% financing up to 60 months, but no incentive for using their bank. One can easily get 2.9% with most banks, and possibly lower for shorter terms. Sales indicated Hyundai does their lease rates on a quarterly basis, so should be not change for Nov.

Please give me some feedback on these prices. Thanks.
  • play311play311 Member Posts: 2
    Santa Fe Sport Turbo, fully loaded with mud guards, cargo cover, floor mats, Tech package, leather, sunroof, etc... and the dealer agreed to tint the front windows.

Price: $30700 less $500 rebate for military. Final price: $30200.

Buy at the end of the month and shop the dealers against each other. This was a loss for them. They basically were moving inventory. Antoher dealer would have beat there price as well, but we felt loyalty to a salesman that had spent quite a bit of time with us.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I'm helping my Mom purchase a new 2013 Santa Fe Sport (Base), which basically means I'm doing all the legwork and negotiating and she'll sign on the dotted line when the time comes.

We've decided on Moonstone Silver (with mandatory Gray interior, which is fine) with the Popular Equipment Package and Premium & Leather Package. The MSRP so equipped is $29,175. I have requested quotes from several area dealers and they ranged from $26,899 to $28,175. The dealership that I prefer to do business with quoted $27,465 including $500 Military Bonus for my step-dad's prior service. Their price is $1710 off MSRP, which seems like a fair price on this vehicle at this time.

The dealership hasn't had a chance to appraise her trade-in yet and the quote was given assuming no trade-in. If their trade-in offer is unacceptable and they won't increase it, we are prepared to purchase the new one and keep the old car and sell it privately. Hopefully, that won't be the case...

This will also be a CASH deal, no financing. We're not exactly the kind of customer that dealers love to see coming- no trade-in or financing to increase their profit. The quote of $27,465 is barely $100 over invoice, so it seems pretty fair to me.

Thoughts?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe or Chevy Traverse, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Was this an AWD model?
  • play311play311 Member Posts: 2
    No. It was fully loaded, all except for AWD. It is a front wheel drive. We didn't want the loss in MPG.
  • mktg64mktg64 Member Posts: 1
    Several tips. (1) buy at the end of the month - it might be cliche, but it's true they are on quotas and more willing to deal then (2) Don't bring the trade into the picture until you're done negotiating the new car (3) You can hint at financing, then pay cash - again my loosen them up some (4) You're working backwards off the MSRP - you need work UP from dealer invoice, which is what they paid. (5) Pay the $12 and get the true price with any available rebates off of Consumer Reports. (6) If you want to save the depreciation but get the full warranty, by a year old Certifed Pre-Owned instead. (7) Go to CarMax and get their price for your used car - you have 7 days to sell it to them for that price quote. If the dealer gives you more in trade (again, only after you've finalized the new car price), take it. If they give you less, sell it to CarMax. (8) Walk out on them. No matter what they quote, walk away and wait two days (again about 4-5 days before end of month). They will call you back, which means they will lower the price.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    Car Max offers are not always the best way to go even if they are higher. If your trade in at the dealer deducts from the sales tax you have to factor that in. I bought a Toyota Highlander Limited in May. The MSRP was $39,466. I got them down to $36,197 then I also got a $1000 rebate. They offered me $21,500 for my 2011 Kia Sorento EX. At a 6.75% sales tax deducting that $21,500 saved me $1452.25. Car Max offered me $23,000 so it basically was a wash. I had the convenience of giving them my Kia and driving home my new Highlander saving me the hassle of my wife and I having to drive two cars. One to Carmax to drop off the Kia and then having to have my wife drive me over to Toyota then driving two cars home. I was also considering a Ford Edge Limited and they were offered me $23,000 for my Kia. Which if I would have gone that route I would have really gotten a sweet deal with a savings of an additional $100 in Sales Tax.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
    Thank you for detailed advice, I appreciate it.

My mom changed her mind about the Santa Fe Sport because she didn't want to give up the 3rd row seat and large cargo area of her Ford Explorer. She ended up buying a new 2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring last Friday. The Hyundai has much better warranty coverage and fuel economy than the Mazda, but she has never been accused of being a rational or practical woman! =)

I got an internet quote from the Mazda dealer before we went so I'd have an idea of where to start negotiating. On the first visit, we didn't even take a test drive, just looked at the CX-9 and got an appraisal on her '07 Explorer. That was last Tuesday and the following day (day before Thanksgiving) they called to ask if we wanted to take the car for a few days for an extended test drive. I picked it up and we kept it until Friday.

The sales manager was certain that we would be buying it on the spot and my mom wanted it if the price was right. But I told her we were dropping it off and telling them we were still looking at all of the options. We did just that and I'm pretty sure that the sales manager HATED me by this point because he would try to pressure her and I let her object until he got too pushy, then I would speak up. But we walked outside and got in her old car, then the salesman and sales manager came running out and offered a deal that was even better than I expected! The CX-9 had a sticker price of $37,385 and they offered a selling price of $29,207 plus $499 doc fee ($29,706) plus $66 tag/title fees and 6% Georgia Sales Tax.

We had her Explorer appraised at Carmax early last week and their offer was $7,500. It was in perfect condition and was a loaded Eddie Bauer model, but it also had 136k miles on it and was a 2WD V6. It was actually a fair offer. I insisted that Mazda dealer match it and that was almost a deal breaker. The Used Car Manager wouldn't go over $7,250 and I told them they could match Carmax or we'd walk....even with the $29,207 sale price on the CX-9! Carmax would be wholesaling the car because the mileage was too high for them to sell on their lot, so there was no reason the Mazda dealer couldn't give $7,500 and sell it as used or wholesale it just like Carmax.

We got in the Explorer and left, then mom's cell phone rang two minutes later. The General Manager would knock another $250 off the new car price to make the deal. I told them to add a roof rack and front/rear splash guards and we'd be back in a few hours with a certified check! DEAL! BTW, the F&I really hated me when I told him not to waste his time or ours with extended warranties or any other add-ons. We would not be spending a penny more than what was already on the sales contract. He still tried, using an example of "what if you hit a pothole and it caused damage to an expensive component like the A/C compressor...blah, blah". I told him that the Comprehensive coverage on her auto policy would cover that for a $100 deductible. He argued with me, in a very condescending tone, that insurance wouldn't cover that...so I pulled my Georgia Insurance License out of my wallet and showed him...he didn't speak another word other than 'sign here' several times to mom...

The most important thing to do before doing a trade-in is to check the trade-in value on Edmunds and KBB.com. I always print them out and take them with me to the dealer. I also highly recommend getting a Carmax appraisal, just to use as leverage to get at least the same amount for trade-in on your new car. In most states, but not all, you only pay sales tax on the price of the new car minus the trade-in allowance. Where my mom lives, the sales tax rate is 6%, so her $7500 trade-in saved $450 in sales tax also.

Again, thanks for the tips and I'm sure they will be useful to others as well.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    Sounds like you got a really good deal and a good brand. Helps when it is the year end if you are willing to limit your choices. They really do want to clear their lots of the 2012's to make room for the new models. I was willing to take a little less on my trade because we loved the Highlander and had been searching for a crossover for several months. I almost bought a Ford Edge, but I am happy I bought the Highlander. Hope your Mom has many good years of reliable satisfying ownership of her new Mazda.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
    You definitely made the right decision choosing the Highlander instead of the Edge! My cousin has a 2010 Edge Limited (with the panoramic sunroof that keeps the interior blazing hot on sunny days) and nothing about impresses me. It doesn't look or feel like a car with an almost $40k sticker price. The transmission also had to replaced at 26k miles, under warranty.

My best friend got a 2012 Edge Limited as his company car a little over a year ago. It has the MyFord Touch interface and it is a nightmare from hell! He has just over 45k miles on it and can't wait to hit 60k so he can order his next vehicle. He's planning to get a Taurus SEL (even though he qualifies for a Limited) to avoid MyFord Touch. I had a 2013 Taurus Limited rental car a few months ago with MyFord Touch and it was maddening just trying to change the radio station or adjust the climate control.

The Edge also has CR's worst reliability rating (Much Worse Than Average). The Highlander is definitely the way to go! =)
  • gators4gators4 Member Posts: 7
    Hopefully someone can get back to me within 24 hours on this as I am planning on getting this Wednesday or Thursday. I think I got a fantastic deal but worth checking with you guys to see your input.

It's a 36 month lease/12,000 annual miles.

2013 Santa Fe 2.4L FWD, Black w/ Dark Gray Leather interior.
    Popular Equipment Package and Premium & Leather Package.($3,000 value)
    Free Oil Changes for life of Lease(and an additional 2 years after lease if I decide to buy)

The lease on Hyundai's website is for $269/mo and its just the base model and that's with $3,000 down and doesn't include taxes, fees, etc.

Here is the price I got per month and this INCLUDES all fees, taxes, etc.

$308/mo. This includes $3,000 down($2,600 trade in + $400 cash)

So what do you guys think?
  • gators4gators4 Member Posts: 7
    Hopefully someone can get back to me within 24 hours on this as I am planning on getting this Wednesday or Thursday. I think I got a fantastic deal but worth checking with you guys to see your input.

It's a 36 month lease/12,000 annual miles.

2013 Santa Fe 2.4L FWD, Black w/ Dark Gray Leather interior.
    Popular Equipment Package and Premium & Leather Package.($3,000 value)
    Free Oil Changes for life of Lease(and an additional 2 years after lease if I decide to buy)

The lease on Hyundai's website is for $269/mo and its just the base model and that's with $3,000 down and doesn't include taxes, fees, etc.

Here is the price I got per month and this INCLUDES all fees, taxes, etc.

$308/mo. This includes $3,000 down($2,600 trade in + $400 cash)

So what do you guys think?
  • jstruttsjstrutts Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone -
    I had made an offer for 24,000+Tax+Title for the following vehicle to few Boston dealers and one of them is accepting it. Did I make a good offer or Could I have done better? I have never bought a new car before and need some guidance.

VEHICLE INFORMATION:
    2013 Santa Fe Sport
    Transmission : Sport 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T with SHIFTRONIC FWD
    Package : POPULAR EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR SPORT FWD
    Exterior Color : Frost White Pearl
    Interior Color : Gray
    Additional: Carpeted floor mats, ECM w/HomeLink & compass, Mudguards
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    Did you make the purchase?

From Edmunds.com, I see that the invoice price is $25,568. $1500 below invoice sounds pretty good for a just released model. Did that include any rebates/incentives ? You should be careful with doc fee/dealer prep fee etc. They try to get back whatever discount they give you through the fees. If you already bought the car, there's no point thinking about the price, enjoy the car!
  • vly1vly1 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    I just purchased a Santa Fe Sport 2013 2.4 FWD base no package for $22,000 OTD which includes 8% tax in Louisiana. MSRP was $25,625 so I probably got a $5600 discount. The usually discount for these vechicles are probably $6,000 depending on market. I don't care about invoices or how much they make off the sale and went into the dealer telling them i'll pay you this much. If they want to sell it, you got yourself a deal and i got a new Santa Fe. :) Good luck.
    That sounds like an amazing deal for the 2013 model ! Is it just a discount or does that include any incentives from the manufacturer ? (financing or 'valued owner' or 'competitive owner'). I'm thinking about the 2.0T FWD.
    Thanks!
  • n3tton3tto Member Posts: 13
    Buying 2.0T FWD with Premium & Tech pkg. What would be a good price for end of year clearance?

Thanks
  • illiproillipro Member Posts: 80
    Went for a Santa Fe 2.0T FWD with Premium Leather Package, Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Cargo Cover & Mud Guards. Black Ext and Grey Int.

36M/12K Lease
    MSRP 31512
    SELL PRICE 28500
    MF .00148
    RES 62%
    $322 + Tax
    0 Down
    Paid out of pocket for Dealer Fee/ Tag and Title/ Extras like wear and tear warranty

Overall not a bad experience at the dealer.
  • n3tton3tto Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
    We wanted a 2.0T with Tech & Premium packages.

Our local dealer Hyundai Cherokee couldn't match another dealer. They were several hundred dollars different and wanted us to split the difference. They wouldn't give any other perks either that another dealer was offering. Then it took hours to complete the deal at which point we left!

I didn't think good dealers did business in this old fashion way anymore? (Wearing a buyer down by dragging out the process). Especially considering that I got an online quote from another dealer without haggle!

Sure the people at the dealership were nice, I wouldn't expect any less. But the whole process was drawn out, old fashioned and they certainly couldn't match any of the deals people have posted about getting on this forum!

May be I'm bias, but I don't think a fully loaded Santa Fe is worth $34-35k OTD.

We're still in the market for a new car so if there's a dealer out there who wants to make me an offer, I'm available!
  • jmill3r9jmill3r9 Member Posts: 2
    Happy New Year Carman,

I'm working on what feels like a good opportunity, but something just isn't adding up. Can you shed a little light on where the difference in monthly payments is coming from?

I used a website to calculate the basics of a lease on 2013 2.0T with Leather/Premium:
    MSRP 31325
    Negotiated price 28K
    Residual .62
    Lease factor .00148
    Sales tx 9.25%
    36 mos with 12k miles
    0 down
    Monthly payment = $336.97 includes tax

Dealer has roughly the same numbers with
    $500 Walk off applied to

Lease fee $595
    Registration $332
    Doc fees of $80

Their payment came out to $337.64 + tax

Thanks for any insight.

Jmill3r9
  • jstruttsjstrutts Member Posts: 2
    2013 Santa Fe Sport
    Transmission : Sport 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T with SHIFTRONIC FWD
    Package : POPULAR EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR SPORT FWD
    Exterior Color : Frost White Pearl
    Interior Color : Gray
    Additional: Carpeted floor mats, ECM w/HomeLink & compass, Mudguards

Invoice - 23492+700+250 = $ 24442
    Paid $22500 +6.25 % MA Tax + Title $75 + Registration $90 = $24071.25
    Am I missing something here?

According to Edmunds the invoice price is 23,492 + 865 for PEP + 845 for Destination + 380 for the options selected = 25,588 TOTAL. (MSRP 26,695)

You worked a good deal though, whatever the config. Thanks! and enjoy the car..
  • johansenjohansen Member Posts: 1
    Great tips, but I'd like to comment on your tip #1 - buying at the end of the month. Problem is, we looked around and supply was very low at the two dealerships we visited. It's either buy what they have (and supposedly get a better deal with their "hands-on" supply), make a dealer trade, or custom order one from the factory potentially waiting for months. When there's so much demand for a vehicle, end of the month doesn't mean too much.
  • simba37simba37 Member Posts: 1
    I recently moved to NJ from NY and I'm about to buy a 2013 Sante Fe Sport from a NY Dealer

Model:
    2013 Sante Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
    Leather and Technology package (I need a sun/moon roof)
    White color with black interior (dealer searching for inventory)
    MSRP: $35,995
    Got them down to $33,681
    Total cost with 7% NJ sales tax: $36,526.17

I have no trade in.
    I drive 70 miles per day round trip for work, so leasing would only be an option if I were to buy over

Financing: Hyundai 4.9% APR for either 60months or 72 months
    AAA via US Alliance Credit Union is 2.75% APR for 60 months =

36,526.71 - 10,000 (down payment) = $473.71/month x 60 month with AAA

Leasing would be $3000 down payment giving $395/month x 36 months. Residual would be $21,166.25 at the end of the lease for buy over.

Any thoughts?
  • lovelybrenda80lovelybrenda80 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I want to buy the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

AWD
    Leather package
    Turbo charged

I want the Marline Blue

MSRP $33,000

What should I pay OTD? Please assist thanks.

I live in NJ so zip codes would be 07470, 08873, 07054
  • bobbankabobbanka Member Posts: 4
    We just bought a Serrani Red Santa Fe Sport FWD
    2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
    They need to come down off the price. We tried to find one with the panoramic sunroof but could not find one in the two colors we liked so we got a Serrano Red Sport FWD 2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
    Any dealer can get any car that you want. It may cost them a couple hundred extra bucks to move it to their lot but still. We just bought a Serrani Red Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
    We just bought a Serrani Red Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.0T today. List was 31,320 and with $750 loyalty dollars we got a total of $4,170 off list.
  • agrewalagrewal Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I purchased a Hyundai Sante Fe AWD with Popular Equipment package and a couple of accessories for $27,466 (MSP $28,325). This was purchased through Costco -- my dealer sold at invoice price for Costco referrals.

From my research, I probably could have found an identical vehicle for $26,900 or so at an out of area dealer, but I went with the no hassle Costco price, because the salesman was quite helpful (took me on multiple test drives, on different days, in different cars).

The OTD price, including taxes ($1373), title/lien ($35), license ($302), and doc fee ($149), was $29,325.

I financed through Pentagon Financial Credit Union, with $0 down and 1.49% APR. The finance options offered by the dealership were not attractive.
  • barrybuckeyebarrybuckeye Member Posts: 20
    2/20/13 purchased a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T with Popular convenience, Leather and Technology packages (included carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo cover and mud guards) for $28,200 + tax, tag and title = OTD $29,704. Invoice including advertising fee and destination charge was $30,959.

Quoted a lease for 36 months with 12,000 mi at $350/m with .00095 money factor. This was well below initial quote that was in the low $400's.

Had excellent experience in CLT, NC and after 3 days, love the vehicle and love Bluelink features. The APP that allows remote start and door locks, speed alerts etc is really handy.
  • aprilmbaprilmb Member Posts: 1
    That is the deal I am looking for! You did really well.

For the lease, how much did you put down and what else would have been extra?

Congrats!
  • barrybuckeyebarrybuckeye Member Posts: 20
    Nothing down on the lease. Residual $18,763.

$350 included 3% NC TAX.
    .00095 money factor
    12,000 mi
    36 months
    $32,355 msrp

I decided to buy instead, but lease was compelling.
  • vilishnjvilishnj Member Posts: 1
    Excellent deal.... Is this AWD or fwd
    I am looking to buy this car this month.
    Thanks
  • georgem7georgem7 Member Posts: 1
    I took delivery yesterday of a 2013 Santa Fe Sport FWD with the 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-Speed A/T, Moonstone silver, popular equipment package for total out the door (with MI 6% sales tax), plate transfer, no trade-in and all dealer fees for $24,192.
  • tablefattablefat Member Posts: 7
    Dealer has listed NEW 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD 4dr 2.0T Sport for $36,160.
    w/military discount and other incentives they want $32,445.

Whattya think they will really do?
  • ramkiramki Member Posts: 1
    does it have navigation and sunroof? if so you have got very good deal.
  • tablefattablefat Member Posts: 7
    Yes, it does... Or it did... I said I'd sleep on it and didn't get back to him. I checked the website and it appears to be gone.

One of those "snooze you loose" deals I think...
  • desikightdesikight Member Posts: 1
    Help Wanted: What should I pay for a 2013 Santa Fe AWD Limited 6 Passenger

MSRP: 38595.00
    Dealer Added information: 3995.00
    Protection & Appearance pkg( includes 10/100K)Bumper to Bumper, Pingstring, wheel Molding and Door Guard
    Total: 42590.00

Question:
    1. Do I have to to buy this Protection and Appearance Pkg ? I thought Hyundai had 10/100000 warranty by default ?
    2. What should I be paying for this car ?

Zipcode: 08520, 08824

Any help is greatly appreciated

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Invoice price with dest charge is 33,635. you should start your negotiations at 1000 below dealers invoice. that would take all the the dealers hold back on this model. 3% of total msrp. work up from this number to make your best price below dealers invoice. You will get dealers lowest numbers the last 2 days/last day of any month.. Dont forget if a dealer has high doc fee's take that into consideration when you make each dealership your offer price to buy.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Essentially $4K for protection against possible repairs. Appearance protection, pinstripping, moulding and door guards are overpriced items simply designed to raise dealer profit. So the $4K is essentially for the extended service contract.

The question must be why buy a vehicle for which you expect to incur at least $4K in repairs not including normal wear items? Better to reserch reliability and buy something that is reliable and pocket the $4K.

Ask the dealer how much profit he expects to see from the $4K. Even though he will not tell you, my bet is at least $2K. Do you really want to give him $2,000 or more?