Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MPV Aftermarket & Accessories

124»

Comments

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Post #132 had question on cargo organizer no one answered.I was interested in purchasing one. Will the fold flat seat still fold flat over the cargo organizer? Do they hold much? Are they worth $170? Anybody out there?
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Be sure to check out our Town Hall chat lineup for Tuesdays... First up, talk the latest in new automotive technology during the Hybrid Vehicles Chat from 12-1-6pmPT/3-4pm ET
    NOTE: This is a NEW time slot for this week!

Hybrid Vehicles Chat Room

Immediately following at 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET, we keep the chat party going with the Mazda Mania chat.

Mazda Mania Chat Room

The Town Hall chats are a great place to take these message board topics LIVE. Hope to see you there this week!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
    Helllloooo peoples! I'm still waiting.
    Three months have gone by...is anyone breathing out there? See post #155.Respond if you are able.
    I will return in 3 more months to check. Merry Christmas until then. ; )
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • lazyfoxlazyfox Member Posts: 90
    It will not fold flat over the cargo organizer. I personally would be willing to pay up to $80 for it. I use plastic container from Home Depot for like $9 and it works well, thought not as snazzy looking. ;-) If you want something which will work in similar matter and the seat will fold over it, look for those cloth collapsible organizers with cardboard inserts. You want to get the one which is flattest when collapsed.
    lazyfox is still alive and kicking! Thanks for the info.Someone in Canada offered to sell me one for $50(in great shape)...but it cost another $60 to ship it and I wasn't wanting to pay that much. So, I will continue to look & wait.
  • lou432tristonlou432triston Member Posts: 2
    I saw one at autopartswarehouse.com
  • lou432tristonlou432triston Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2004 Mazda MPV yesterday in Richardson Texas. Its the LX model so it has the cloth seats.... I have a 2 year old... and am looking for some nice seat covers. Does anyone have a suggestion about the best ones for the money??? Most are pretty expensive that I have seen. Thanks.
  • daleinncdaleinnc Member Posts: 7
    I have an '03 MPV...i am looking to find some good custom-fit sun shades that will cover the large windows. Not really concerned about the front window, but mainly the 2 large side windows. My two children usually sit in those two seats and the little retractable window shades you can buy at Babies-r-us just dont cover enough. I would love to find a product that mimics the factory installed window shades in some of the finer cars. I know Mercedes and Infiniti have them that retract into the top of the door or something like that. anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks...
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Here is kind of an embarrasing question. I just got a 2002 MPV that has the factory roof rack. I want to take the crossbars off. I tried loosening the screws that hold them down, but I couldn't work the crossbars free and I didn't want to break them. How do you remove those crossbars? Thanks.
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    Instructions elsewhere on the mazda web indicate you need to remove the endcaps and slide the forward bar to the front, the rear bar to the rear for removal.

-Brian
    Thanks. Are the "endcaps" the plastic-topped bolts at each end of the crossbars, or something else? They did not seem to want to come all the way off.
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    No, the ends of each of the side rails have a plastic boot that has an allen keyed bolt or two in each - these are what you need to remove to essentially remove the rack from the roof, allowing you to slide the crossbar to it's closest exit and off.

-Brian
    OK, I happened to talk to the service techs at my local Mazda dealer today (was in to pick up some touch-up paint and mats for my MPV) and they showed me exactly what you were talking about. They also said they would be glad to do it for me. :) Unfortunately my wife had the van today, but next time I bring it in for service I'll take them up on their kind offer.
  • onkponkonkponk Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone out there know if I can install a roof rack to my 2000 Mazda MPV? I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy so I don't really want to know if I can get it done - only if I can do it.

Any info will be appreciated!
  • d5ad5a Member Posts: 63
    Just bought a MPV. Base model it has a roof rack but nothing else I did have privacy tint added to the rear windows. Not sure if that was a smart move or not. Seems to be ok now but it did stain the interior which i think i got the stain out. Now afraid it th e tint will last or not. Went with the new 3m tint thats should be th best but still have concerns. Anyone tinited the windows on there van?

Also having the rear bumper step added and i did get all weather floor mates for all threee rows thorugh the dealer. Happy with that.

Thinking of added a bug gaurd. Anyone have any pros or cons about adding that to there van.

Thanks everyone.
    Yeah, I also added the bug guard, also called hood deflector, to my MPV. Works great at keeping small rocks, that are kicked up on occasion, from chipping the front of the hood. Works on bugs too!
    Had a question how much did the dealership charge you for the bug guard? mazda usa site shows it at $89.00 the dealer today quote me a price of $129. Dealer mark up?
    Also any one had a bumper step added? I did today looks good wondering if anyone has had a problem with it coming loose.

Also anyone had interior issues as far as durablilty. The center flip tray in mine is chipping. The car is brand new only 2 weeks old.
    Yeah, I believe it was around $129. Dealer mark up is outrageous.

I would ask the dealership to order you a new center flip tray, and have it replaced under warranty.
  • blighbligh Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2005 mpv w/ a factory towing package...when i attach my small trailer to it,it immediately bottoms out.trailer weighs approx 700 lbs.anyone know of anything i can install to raise the rear end?mazda says they don't know of any product.vehicle appears very low even w/o trailer hooked up...thanks...bligh
  • daddyearwigdaddyearwig Member Posts: 1
  • sramamur1sramamur1 Member Posts: 21
    Hello All;

We bought a 2003 Mazda MPV DX recently and this van does not have ABS. Living in the snow belt, this van skidded yesterday and swung around 180 degrees on a busy snow-covered street. Fortunately I avoided hitting the on-coming cars.

Hence I am wondering whether it is possible to buy aftermarket ABS from Mazda dealer or someone else.

Thanks,

Sri.
    Don't know what kind of tires you have, but if they are the OEM Dunlop SP4000... they suck in snow.

Persoanlly I wouldn't want anyone messing with my brakes to install ABS. I think your spin was more a reflection of your tires and speed than of not having ABS.

Don't know if aftermarket ABS available from Mazda, but I don't think it is. May be better to invest in snow tires.
  • tcc21tcc21 Member Posts: 69
    Wondering if the rear tail lights are interchangeable between the 2002-03 style and the 2004-06 style? I want to change them to the newer look - clear lenses from the red lenses. They appear to be the same size but the PN's are different.

Anyone know?

Thanks, Tom
  • btaphornbtaphorn Member Posts: 3
    did you ever get anywhere with this question? i am trying to boost the towing capacity of my '06 MPV as it did not come with the towing package but i am at the limit with my current popup camper...any ideas?
  • btaphornbtaphorn Member Posts: 3
    I am at the limit of my towing capacity for my '06 MPV. It did not come with a towing package but I have beefed up the shocks, installed a hitch and lights, brake assist for trailer, etc.

I am wondering if there is any need to acquire:
    1. a special chip to adjust transmission for pulling?
    2. another transmission oil cooler (it already has one installed)?
    3. an engine oil cooler?

I'm at a loss for ideas. It seems to pull fine but I have a 12 hour trip scheduled for spring break and don't want to ruin my transmission. Any suggestions?
  • howard1037howard1037 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Whats the details of the MVP Step Plare seller
  • howard1037howard1037 Member Posts: 2
    My wife is a caution on the road and I am looking for these items for my 2006 MPV. Anybody know of any vendors who definately have these items?
This discussion has been closed.