Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Mazda Tribute Accessories

Comments

• ganryu34ganryu34 Posts: 17
    Well, I just bought the Polk components (dB's) for the front and back. Nevertheless, there is no pre-existing wiring which caused me to go the route I did (after asking a ton of questions at the local car install shops). Anyway, I ended up going online to Crutchfield and got these for my Tribute (5"1/4"). All of the "how TOs" are included when you make your purchase. And if you go with these or any other component set you will just hookup to the factory wiring harness in the door(s). However, my friend, you will have to carefully choose the position and DRILL a hole for the tweeters. Please measure twice and drill once.

:shades: ">
    Actually, you could checkout http://www.autoanything.com This is were I have found a bunch of stuff (aftermarket) for my Tribute (I bought step tubes). Thus, an Escape should also be listed. As for performance parts...well, I don't think there's a whole lot out there other than the exhaust or maybe some gimick type stuff out there. Good luck. :)
  • herdfanherdfan Posts: 1
    I just replaced the factory speakers om my '03 Tribute and it was a piece of cake. I got 6"x8" Kenwoods for the front and 6"x8" Infinity Reference for the rear from Crutchfield. I also installed a new Panasonic head unit. The difference is unbelievable. The only problem is you have to remove the door panels which isn't hard, it's just a hassle. Crutchfield supplies adapters that plug into the existing speaker wiring and then to the speakers. It couldn't be easier. Good luck.
  • daniel16daniel16 Posts: 1
    I have an 2001 tribute and I just purchased the same mirror you did from mazdastuff.com...and I got a reply from them saying it won't fit. I called the dealer here locally and they said it was no problem as well. I am wondering though if you had pre-existing wires located just above your mirror in your tribute. I was told that to install that auto-dimming mirror they would have to run wires for it. Please help.....thanks alot.
  • I missed the power point on my 01 escape. Bought a new 05 found the place for it on the right side above the subwoofer. Deilled the hole but can't find the wiring harness. Anyone else try this
  • mikezakmikezak Posts: 95
    FYI -- I had the dealer install a Compass & Ext Temp on my new 2005 Tribute i. However the outside temp consistently reads 7-8 degrees warmer than outside displays I drive by, as well as a digital thermometer I have at home.

I took the car back to the dealer and they said it was between 1-2 degrees and that was normal. Frankly I don't think they spent a lot of time troubleshooting.

Not all the other temperature gauges can be wrong, and the car right!

My questions to the group is:

1) Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2) Can the unit be calebrated, or should I ask for another?

3) Where is the external sensor located for the Compass/Ext Temp /Mirror?

Thanks.
  • j30j30 Posts: 30
    I have an 05 Trib with the same mirror and mine is always within a degree or two of all of the road side temps I see. I would want a new one, that thing wasn't cheap!
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Posts: 130
    Can I ask how much they charged you to install it?
    Sure,...actually they wanted to charge me $70 to install -- but I told them to "look at the big picture",...I mean, I financed through Mazda Credit, and if I wanted I could pay the amount off in 1 month,...meaning they would be chargedbacked $1000.

I bluntly asked the salesperson,..."Do you want to be charged $1000 or $70?",...when I explained my logic, they said they would install for nothing",...I then applied the same logic with the front bug shield....I know I was not popular, but what could they say????....can't argue with logic. :)
    I did a Troubleshooting 101 course,...

Last night after I returned from the dealer, I got from my house a digital thermometer with external reading capability with a 3 foot wire with a sensor attached. I ran it along side my driver side door and put the readout on my dash.

It showed a 7 degree difference!

I then put the car into the garage for the night.

When I got into the car in the morning and started the car, the temperature readings WERE THE SAME! However within 5 mins. the reading from the compass / ext temp mirror was 6 degrees higher.

I think my analysis shows that the sensor is currently located in a position near some engine heat.

When I told the Service Manager this today, he said "well they always put them in the same spot", but they will look at it again....and they have always solved a problem like this by replacing the sensor unit. I said "ok,...but then explain to me why the reading was the same when the engine was cool?",...He was dumb founded.

What does the sensor look like???? Could I spot it by looking under the hood???

Thanks.
  • socomfiresocomfire Posts: 5
    Speaking of Mazda Credit, got my Tribute a month ago, got the 1000 off for financing through Mazda Credit. What happens if I refinance after 1 month of payments? From this message, I am guessing the dealer gets a raw deal for 1000?

Thanks Jim
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Posts: 130
    Yes you are correct on the refi in a month. I just did it after 45 days, rates are rising so why should you pay even more (on an interest rate = $) for their sake. Plus Mazda gives you a higher rate so each day you pay more. If mazda was competitive on the rate then they would not put people in this situation or have the higher rate of people paying off their loans quickly. With Chysler I got the financing rebate which was about the same ( in 2004) and they gave me a great rate so I didnt have this issue. I would not worry about if they are going to be "mad" and it effecting service issue--- I highly doubt that will happen.
  • cklckl Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2005 Tribute i and went to the dealer to buy a rear cargo cover and they wanted $212.50 for what is a glorified window shade. I couldn't believe it. Does anyone know if the 2005 Ford Escape cargo covers will fit the Tribute? For some reason, the Ford cargo covers are cheaper.
  • su_a_vesu_a_ve Posts: 62
    I got a quote from mazdastuff.com for $120 shipped !

I ended in our dealer though since I had a $50 gift certificate and a 15% discount, so for me it was cheaper that way.

For the dark flint, the part is:

EF91-68-34XA-66 TONNEAU COVER, DARK FLINT
  • su_a_vesu_a_ve Posts: 62
    I'm trying to find info on what the perimeter alarm really is. Is it just a module that plugs in ?

I know the 05's Fords are using PowerCode, but not sure what's being used on the Tributes.

TIA...
  • Is there a way to add DRL on the Mazda? I just picked up a Tribute-s and was shocked that DRL was not a feature....

Thanks
  • rhouser2rhouser2 Posts: 114
    i have the same question. a kit is available from Ford for the escapes----can it be installed on a tribute? anyone know? how about the tribute cabin pollen filter installed on an escape? there is a kit available from ford for automatic headlights for the escapes, can it be installed on a tribute? just how similar,,,or identical are the wiring and other systems of the tribute/escape/mariner?
  • Do you know what the kit part number is? I'll stop at the ford dealer tomorrow...
    Actully, there isn't a need to add it to your car. This is due to the fact that if you leave your lights on and shut the car off after 5 minutes they cut off automatically....the same for leaving a door a jar the interior lights shut off in the same manner. Just leave the lights on and you'd effectively have the same result as DRL. :D
    no i don't. at one time the ford web site had a page for vehicle accessories. i had surfed through that page and found all the items i had mentioned, but i think ford moved those items somewhere else. they weren't real expensive either.
    go to fordgenuineaccessories.com
    DRL part # F6RZ13B218AA $66.95 for 2001 - 2005 model escapes

auto headlamp system
    part # F8AZ13B218AA $79.95 for 2001 - 2003 model escapes.

Would both of these kits fit a 2005 or 2006 tribute?
  • Are both parts required?

My tribute does automatically shut off the lights in about 30seconds so I might just stick with that. The car will beep when the key is removed from the ignition and the lights are on but that's ok...
  • What does everyone recommend for side step bars? The OEM ones or aftermarket?
    Go with the aftermarket ones. In most cases they are cheaper, depending on the one you choose, and they are relatively easy to install. Thus, it saves you the time and money of the dealer sticking it to you on the labor. Most of the Nerf/Step bars are ordered from the same place you could order yourself. I put mine on myself (05 i model) with no problems and they look very nice. They came with easy to follow instructions and only needed a crosspoint (phillips) screwdriver and a basic socket set. Checkout http://www.autoanything.com/department.aspx?c_id=50172

:)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,616
    at the very least, that link has a nice opening page. ;)
  • The OEM side steps are very easy. Simply remove the rubber plugs from the pre-engineered mounting holes, align the steps, add screws and, tighten.

The splash guards are a little more time consuming since you'll have to jack up and remove the wheel for each one. Remove two existing screws and use them to mount the guards. You will have to drill one additional hole; it's easy and through plastic. On a difficult scale of 1-10, this project is a 2.

Good luck!
  • will the OEM 2004 tribute step bars fit the 05? I see the brackets are slightly different...
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket locking gas cap for a 2005 Tribute? I bought one at autozone, but had to take it back because it didn't fit.
    No. 2005 & 2004 have a different design. I have the 05 and looked into that and found that a new set/2005 design would be necessary because of the lower body molding. ;)
  • you can buy an OEM gas cap at:

www.autowebaccessories.com