Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Mazda Tribute Accessories

1235»

Comments

• weibelweibel Member Posts: 4
    Can somebody tell me why Ford didn't include a simple
    water temp indicator or oil pressure indicator on a $ 30K automobile? :mad:
  • mecheng1mecheng1 Member Posts: 161
    I had the same complaint when I first got my FEH. I believe we don't have a water temp gauge because they did not want to re-design the instrument cluster so they replaced the temp guage with the charge/assist gauge.(lazy) I believe we don't have an oil pressure gauge because it would be distracting to see it go up and down and up and down every time the ICE went off and on.

I eventually got used to not having them. Then I bought a "ScanGauge II" it was well worth the $170....you can program in any gauge you want because it reaches all the sensors in the FEH.
  • baysailorbaysailor Member Posts: 15
    Is the "ScanGuage" a PC application? or did you do something to reprogram the instrument cluster? I'm in the hunt for either a MMH or FEH, and took a dealer drive the other day. Agree with previous that Ford didn't spend a lot of money there, but frankly the rest of the vehicle was pretty spiffy. Still really pricey for the moderate increase in economy.
  • billmaysbillmays Member Posts: 1
    try going to best buy it for a pioneer avic-z2 or go to pioneer.com and check fit
    for your ford secape 08 the cost is over $2200.00
    this is were i'm going to get my gps for my ford escape 06 xlt
  • pbstlrs1pbstlrs1 Member Posts: 4
    Yes the Escape has the same exact one. Plug your ipod in, put stereo on aux....enjoy!
  • rooski41rooski41 Member Posts: 6
    New guy here. I have a 2006 Tribute 2wd 4cyl Automatic. I was looking at the after market performance/mileage booster chips and the air intake vortex products and wanted to know if anyone has tried and had any luck with them increasing MPG's.
    Thanks in advance!!!
  • erkerr67erkerr67 Member Posts: 3
    I've been trying to look everywhere for this and cannot figure it out and it's not in the FEH manuals either.

I have an 08 AWD/Limited FEH and bought it with the 2 crossbars on top ack right next to each other so I obviously have to move them/spread them out to put my surfboard rack on it...I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adjust these though, as what I THOUGHT would be the little rubber bolts you twist/unscrew to loosen the crossbars on the rack to adjust, they don't move - at all! and since they are rubber they begin to give way when I try and force it with a tool or something so i don't want to break anything.

Any ideas? Help would be seriously appreciated, thank you!!
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    edited September 2011
    Strange, mine just unscrewed. I took them off when I got the car, maybe they get harder to remove as time goes by. I keep mine behind the rear seat; I just checked them and it does screw in and out.

I also have the 2008 AWD with the premium package (I did not realize they had the "limited" package in 2008).
  • erkerr67erkerr67 Member Posts: 3
    Hey stevedeb, thanks for the reply.

i'm not sure where the 'screws' are, but I attached an image...is that knob that you see on the right (where the arrow is pointing) where you are supposed to twist to loosen it up?? that's what seems to be jammed for me but i didnt want to start too hard to break something...what did you unscrew it with? :confuse:

and you may be right, i'm not sure if they called the 08's "limited" i know it's not labeled on the car - but neither is the AWD for some reason! it's the leather seats, sunroof, navi, etc - probably the same thing? i believe the dealer labeled it as limited but maybe it's just more easily known by that because of how they label the newer models...

• raescaperaescape Member Posts: 1
    Are there any suggestions for tapping into a Switched Circuit? I use an auxillary outlet splitter that runs a number of accessories. I would like to set it up so that they shut off with the key rather than miss one power button and find a dead battery. Sure do miss the days of tracing simple circuits!
    I think my window sticker mentioned a "luxury" package with leather, etc. Same as the "Limited" today.

Yes, that knob on the right should unscrew so as to remove the rails. I can't remember for sure, but I may have used a screwdriver to do the initial turn.

They cause drag, so one of the first things I did was remove the cross rails.
    "Are there any suggestions for tapping into a Switched Circuit? I use an auxillary outlet splitter that runs a number of accessories. I would like to set it up so that they shut off with the key rather than miss one power button and find a dead battery. Sure do miss the days of tracing simple circuits! "

On my 2008, the accessories switch off after a certain period, I'm not sure if it is 10 minutes or maybe 20 minutes. But they do switch off.
  • berensberens Member Posts: 2
    Can I upgrade my inside manual rearview mirror to an auto-dimming mirror?
    If so is the wiring pre-installed and tucked above the headliner?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    For the benefit of those that might be able to answer your question:

What year and model Escape do you own?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• berensberens Member Posts: 2
    I have a '03 Escape XLT Sport 4x4 w/power moonroof. It doesn't have lighted vanity mirrors.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Thanks..

Hopefully, we'll get some Escape experts in here that might be able to give you an answer..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dan5678dan5678 Member Posts: 28
    Since the company that makes these did not specify one for 2013 escape when I looked; I took a WAG, based on the bolt size, and ordered the one for an '09-'11 F150 (FO2ANTPF).

Since it's made of stainless steel I am hoping it will be able to deal with the small amount of bending I did to it to make it work. Basically the angles needed to be 'opened up' a smidge, but it seems to fit pretty well. Used 3m paint protector tape to hopefully avoid that issue.

Fishing co-ax and power cable thru was not as bad as I imagine it could've been. Removed the under-engine cover thinking that might help, but turns out it really didn't. I wound up doing the job all from above.

I think i'm going to blame computer-aided design for the fact that everything is stacked in so tightly that there's barely enough room for any extras the FMC engineers didn't see fit to put in.