Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Owners Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Jeep
Please introduce yourself!

Also, this is the place to offer suggestions for discussions you would like to see in your club folder. You may want to take a peek at the other clubs for ideas.

Also, the current Jeep Wrangler -IV discussion in SUVs has been linked to the Owner's club. It still "lives" in SUVs, but a clone has been provided for your convenience.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• saenzskisaenzski Member Posts: 50
    Alex Saenz

Y2KTJ

http://www.angelfire.com/geek/jeep

read up on me!

• dpage35925dpage35925 Member Posts: 45
    Dennis Page

You can find a link to my page

http://www.hometown.aol.com/dpage35925

• spyrodragonspyrodragon Member Posts: 147
    Chase Livengood

00' Black TJ 4.0L Sport/ Garvin Industry roof rack, 4 KC daylighters, Olympic Reverse-a-bar rock rails, Kilby gas tank skid plate, Smittybuilt Outland brush guard. That's my Jeep SPYRO is her name! Soon to have a 3"Teraflex lift with 33x12.50 M/T's on Rockcrawlers.

My girlfriend is Dragonfly03 and our Jeeps website is.

http://www.sparx.muddyyellowjeep.com/

Check us out! and have a GREAT day everyone!!!!

• dragonfly03dragonfly03 Member Posts: 46
    Hola everyone! Yeah, I'm spyrodragon's girlfriend.

Alee Vestal.

spyrodragon already posted the page's address, so I won't add that again.

2000 Solar Yellow TJ SE. 2 KCs with windshield mounts. $2 homemade discos. All the tow hooks. Fog lights.

Just ordered a Kilby gas tank skid. Woohoo. Very excited. Hopefully it'll come soon. Bye everyone!

Alee and Sparx
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    Hi!

I am tsjay (tom), and I just got my first ever Wrangler on Dec. 8, 2000. Her name is Thelma Jane, and she has her own web page:

http://members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

Thelma is a 2001 Sport, white with black hard top, 5-speed, 30" tires and canyon wheels with Dana 44 rear end. Check her out on her web site.

I am totally satisfied with my Jeep! She is more fun to drive than any other vehicle that I have ever owned!!

I live in western Ky. I wish everyone would say where they live when they introduce themselves, at least the general area? Please?

I am tjoh298765 on Instant Message, if anyone wants to chat.

tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?

• onlyinajeeponlyinajeep Member Posts: 46
    Hi, My wife and I have a 99 SE and a 2000 Sport. I have had Jeeps for many years and enjoy them. I am glad to see so many people out there are enjoying their Jeeps, and I hope you all continue to do so.
  • 2001wrangler2001wrangler Member Posts: 112
    My TJ is a 2001 Sport, 4.0, 5 spd., Steel Blue, dual tops, Dana 44, pretty much all options available.

Modifications so far include

4" Skyjacker Susp Lift

33x12.50 BFG AT KO's

15x10 Centerline Hellcats

http://www.zoomnet.net/~kpowell

• 2001wrangler2001wrangler Member Posts: 112
    A TSB has finally been issued for the NV3550 transmissions in the 2000 model Wrangler. A copy of the the TSB #21-003-01 can be seen at the following link. If you are having problems with you trannsmission, take a copy of the TSB with you to the dealership and get it fixed. Here is the link:

http://jeepsunlimited.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000876.html

• sfjeepssfjeeps Member Posts: 66
    My name is James and I'm one of the owners of jeepersandcreepes.com Please feel free to ask us any questions and tips. We also have a jeeping group that meets in the San Francisco bay area for off road trips.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I've added a few discussions. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I'm open to suggestions for any other discussions.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Looks like a couple of y'all have fallen behind in the home page/pics department:-)

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    Would any Wrangler owners be interested in your own chat here on Edmund's? Let me know and I'll contact our chat manager about setting one up for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • pretzeldude66pretzeldude66 Member Posts: 9
    My name is Jeff

I have a 2000 Wrangler Sport, green w/ tan soft top, 5-speed, Dana 44, trac-lok, fogs,etc.

It's been 70+ degrees in Atlanta for the past few days so i got my first chance to drop the top -- it was wonderful!

I love this car so far.
    yea, I'd be interested in a chat with everyone... see what you can do and let us know... I appreciate it!
    Same here, and I know that 2001wrangler would like to have chats- it was his idea to start with a while back that we get a chat going.

Please see what you can do. And thanks for setting up the owners club for us!

tsjay
    Okay! What day/time would be good for everyone? I'll contact Dana to get the ball rolling.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Karen:

Any weeknight would be good, I think. We must consider our buddies in the eastern time zone and those in the Pacific time zone, as far as the actual time of the chat.

To keep it from being too late for the eastern time zone folks, maybe start at 9:00 PM EST, which would be 6:00 PM in the Pacific time zone?

It doesn't really make much difference to me, since I am in the central time zone, but I wish we could accomodate everyone.

I suggest Monday nights at 9:00 PM EST, if that works for everyone else.

Thanks for trying to put this together for us!

tsjay
    yea, TSJay's sounds pretty good...9 eastern is usually when I get home on the weeknights.
    I spoke to Dana/Community Manager and they are trying to get all the Club chats set up on

Tuesdays: 4-5pmPT/7-8pmET

-or-

Thursdays: 5-6pmPT/8-9pmET, 6-7pmPT/9-10ET, 7-8pmPT/10-11pmET (This last time would be kind of late for East coast, but is available if you want it.)

The first scheduled chat would be March 6 or 8.

Let me know what time works for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    I kinda Like the Thursday 9-10ET... but that's just me, any of those times will be fine, just whatever everyone else wants... !
    KarenS:

The 9 to 10 PM eastern time on Thursday works for me.

Thanks for working on this for us!

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    I'll pass that along and will post more info as it is made available.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    The first Jeep Wrangler Owners club chat is scheduled for Thursday, March 8,
    6:00-7:00 pt/9:00-10:00 et.

As soon as it is available, I will post a link!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • saharanutsaharanut Member Posts: 134
    Great web site guys...
    hopfully soon I will be a fellow jeep 2001 sahara owner..gotta talk my wife into it 1st.
    see you at the chat on thurs!

Terry.. Birmingham, Alabama
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Hi Jeep Buddies!

As I asked everyone to do, I am updating my info here in "Meet the Members"

Name: Tom

Marital Status: Married

Family; Two grown children, one still at home

and a "granddog" that I am crazy about

Home: Western Kentucky, a little town of 5000 people, Greenville

Jeep: Thelma Jane

2001 Sport

White w/ black hard top

black (agate) interior

5-speed

30" tires w/ canyon wheels and Dana 44

air conditioning

cruise

25D package (high back cloth seats, etc.)

subwoofer (makes a HUGE difference)

Opinion of my Jeep:

LOVE HER, LOVE HER, LOVE HER!!!!!

Instant Message: tjoh298765

Email: tjoh298765@aol.com

Thelma's web page: http://members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

Granddog's web page:

http://members.aol.com/tjoh298765/raj.html

• saharanutsaharanut Member Posts: 134
    Name.. Terry Age 32
    married to the lovely Michelle
    2 Kids.. Andrew 4 Caitlin 3
    Home
    Hueytown Alabama
    Home of Bobby & The Late Davey Allison
    No jeep yet
    My goal 60th anniversary Black Wrangler

Email collectcrier@worldnet.att.net

take care Guys!
  • twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    Trey Wylie, 32
    Married, no kids
    IT consultant/Project Manager
    Just north of Carrollton, GA, outside of Atlanta

Jeep: ETA - 3/23/01
    2001 Sport
    White w/ Camel interior & Dark Tan soft top
    5 speed
    25D
    A/C
    30" Canyon pkg. w/ Dana 44
    Trak-loc
    CD radio w/factory sub
    Fog/Tow package

treywylieatyahoodotcom
    treywylie on Yahoo messenger

-twylie
  • goducks1goducks1 Member Posts: 432
    Scott Crosson, 30
    happily single
    Eugene, Oregon

my current Jeep (previously owned a '94 S):
    98 Wrangler Sport, forest green w/tan interior
    (I ordered mine, 1st car I ever bought new)

factory options:
    *Spice colored factory hard top
    *ABS, traclok limited slip, cloth seats, front and rear tow hooks, convenience package, soundbar, manual tranny, A/C (installed later)

aftermarket adds:
    *Spice colored Bestop Sunrider softop and bikini
    *replaced factory stereo w/JVC CD Player and factory speakers with Polk Audio speakers
    *Husky floor liners
    *30" BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
  • ilvdirtilvdirt Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone.
    Shelton Stevens.
    Venture Capital researcher
    Richmond CA (20 min fron San Francisco)
    sstevens805@hotmail.com

I recently bought a 2001 black TJ. Auto, 6cyl and every other option they could put on it at the factory. I want to start doing the mods, but since i've just graduated college and have to pay loans off, i have to make compromises. I've started eating top ramen so i can get my jeep cherry! If any one knows of a good 4" lift (that is easy on the wallets ) but yet still good for moderate wheeling, let me know. Oh yeah, if anyone knows of good web sites to get accessories, let me know too. :-) Previous cars, 93 white Bronco (ala O.J.), 89 cherokee.

Drive Carefully!!
  • ckingsburyckingsbury Member Posts: 44
    Colin Kingsbury
    South Boston, Mass.
    2001 Wrangler Sahara 4.0L
    -Forest Green w/ Tan dual tops
    -Automatic
    -ABS
    -Trac-lock
    -Canyon Tire Group
    -5/75 extended care warranty
    -Lojack (Hey, I'm happy to share, but you've gotta ask first!)

Bought new, 2000 miles on it so far. Can't wait for the warmer weather so I can take the hard top off, but it's been great in all the snow, which we had a few feet of this winter. I commute 40-50 miles a day in hard city/highway traffic, which explains the automatic. I'm happy with my purchase and have had no real surprises with the car.

My thoughts for prospective owners:

The Wrangler is one of the last real trucks on the road. It sits up high, esp. with the 30" tires, and needs to be handled delicately. If you drive hard and aggressively this is a risky car, at least in any kind of traffic. If you are going to do highway or city driving anywhere you get heavy rain or snow, I strongly suggest you get the ABS option. It is an excellent modern safety system and if it saves your tail just once it's paid for itself many times over.

Visibility is miles beyond any other car on the road, as you are sitting high up and have glass all around you. The seating position is good and there is plenty of room, evn for us big guys, evn in the back seat. The Wrangler is loud, with wind noise up the wazoo and the engine sounds very obvious. Oh, the tires make a lot of noise, too. Creature comforts? There's heat, and A/C if you order it, and a radio, which is pretty good with the optional subwoofer, and that's it. No power cupholders, climate-controlled doorhandles, or anything else of the sort.

But there's a theme here, and it actually works because the Wrangler is authentic in every regard, right to the fold-down windshield. Most SUVs built today are cross-dressing minivans or jacked-up cars, and eventually it shows. The Wrangler is buit with a uniquely minimalist ethic, which you will either enjoy or not, and it's likely you'll know which pretty quickly. The only real "bad" characteristic is the fact that this car drinks more than its owner does, even if the owner's last name is Bukowski. But it says so on the window-sticker, so make your mind up going in.

Overall I've definitely enjoyed my Wrangler, and I haven't taken th top off it yet, so I'm sure it will only get better. My advice: do it :)

-cwk.
  • jacorobjacorob Member Posts: 37
    Name: Bob
    Job: ex-dot commer taking an extended vacation before looking for another job

My Jeep:
    2001 Red TJ
    Camel cloth interior
    Soft top only (tan)
    I6
    manual
    30" wheel tire group (including dana 44)
    no trak-loc cause dealership screwed up my order
    tow hooks & fog light group
    A/C
    pry things i missed

my mods (minimal for now):
    black rear dual tube bumper with hitch
    Thule bike carrier (awesome)
    husky floor liners

planned mods in very near future:
    Black tube front bumper

I plan on putting 31" tires on but wanna wait till i actually get a job again. :) Pry won't put a lift or anything major on it till another couple years. Wanna see what the bone stock can do first. I'm finally getting comfortable driving a stick so havn't taken it out anywhere. I never drove a stick before getting my jeep so was a fun experience - especially with the hill country of austin.

I must say that once you go jeep you'll never go back! I've had very few problems with it and all minor - more annoyances then problems. Absolutely love it. Aside from the pain in the [non-permissible content removed] experience i had buying it (read that story in the dealer experience forum) i've had nothing but an absolute blast owning it.

Bob
    Chase
    2000 Black TJ sport
    4.0L auto
    olympic reverse-a-bar rock rails
    Garvin industy roof rack
    Smittybuilt outland brushguard
    Kilby gas skid plate
    4 KC daylighters
    fire extenguisher
    tow points front and rear
    (Teraflex three inch lift and 33x12.50 tires on the way this month)
  • loseitloseit Member Posts: 7
    Name: Dr. Rahul Sharma
    Marital Status: SIngle
    Profession: Doctor
    Where I live: Chicago
    My baby :

2001 Black Sport 4.0 L
    Black/ Charcoal Cloth Interior
    31" Tires Canyon Wheels
    Black Hard/ Soft tops

What to i have to Say about my Jeep: Are you kidding me? Its real cool. But the dealer is not. Haha.
    What i need to know: How do you know if you have a Dana 44 rear end... I thought it was standard when you got the big wheels? Question no. 2: Where can i go offroading in the Chicagoland Area? Does that void the warranty?
  • jeepcrewznjeepcrewzn Member Posts: 8
    Hey folks my name is Michael Cogle, I'm a Park Planning Manager from Kirkland, Washington just outside of Seattle. I'm anxiously awaiting my factory-ordered Wrangler, (delivery around April 1), specs as follows:

Black Sport Model
    Black (agate) Interior
    Black Dual tops
    Auto Transmission
    Canyon Wheel Group
    CD w/subwoofer
    Deep tint windows
    Sentry Key
    Add-a-trunk

I don't plan on doing a whole bunch of offroading, so I passed on a lot of those types of upgrades. Also felt that with the Seattle weather and my short (1 mile) work commute, I could live without the air conditioning.

My wife has a '97 Outback Wagon which will serve as our family vehicle for trips and such. The jeep will be for fun and topdown cruising during our gorgeous Seattle summers.

My 12 year old son is looking forward to the Jeep almost as much as me.

Make every day a topdown day!

Michael
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Okay tsjay, here it is...

Name: Mike Dobbs
    Occupation: Website Designer and co-owner of LunchboxShopdotcom (shameless plug: anyone with kids - and even those without - we're the number one place on the internet to get a lunchbox...Hundreds of styles including Scooby Doo, Barbie, Powerpuff Girls, Superheroes, The Beatles, Hot Wheels, and many more!)

Jeep details (due to arrive in early April):
    Solar Yellow SE
    Black Hard Top
    Manual Trans.
    4 cyl. engine
    Cloth seats
    CD Player
    Full Floor Console
    Rear folding seat
    Leather-wrapped tilt steering
    Add-a-Trunk

I'll be adding L.A. Laker decals to the sides, Safari Doors for when I take the top off, and a LunchboxShopdotcom spare tire cover.
  • dragonfly03dragonfly03 Member Posts: 46
    name: Alee
    jeep's name: Sparx
    Sparx's specs:

2000 Solar Yellow SE
    Auto
    30" GSAs(yuck)
    Black soft top
    Tow Hooks, front and rear
    KC Daylighters on Windsheild Mounts
    Fog Lights
    Kilby Gas Tank Skid
    Discos

Hopefully coming this year: 2-3" lift, bigger tires, and rocker panels
  • scmhockeyscmhockey Member Posts: 45
    Name: Steve
    Hobbies: Hockey - Go BLUES!, Darts, Star Wars.

Jeep info:
    1999 Chili Pepper Red Wrangler Sport
    Tan dual tops
    5-speed
    30 inch wheel package
    Cruise control - Was already on when I bought it, but it is nice to have.
    Tow hooks
    Cloth seats
    No ideas for a name
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Just 15? Is that old enough to drive w/o a learner's permit? :-D I just ask because here in California you have to be 16, and they just passed a law saying you have to have a person 24-or-older in the car until you're 18. I didn't get my license until 10 days before my 17th birthday!

Mike
  • mjsiniardmjsiniard Member Posts: 3
    I hope to order my Wrangler next week.
    Name: Mark Siniard
    Occupation: Manager of a technical school for Saudi Air Force: retired USAF
    I will be in Atlanta for a couple weeks starting Monday and if all goes well will order my jeep!
    I have driven a couple Wranglers here, though stuck with a Jimmy myself, and they are awesome in the sand. Dune driving, rock climbing and camping in the desert are a great way to spend the weekends.
    Name: Rich
    Happily married
    Email: jeeping4fun@yahoo.com

Jeeps:

1999 Desert Sand SE
    Soft Top
    1/2 Doors
    5 Speed
    Sony am/fm cd
    Sure Pull 2" Hitch Receiver
    Hella 500 lights
    A/C
    Super Speaker Shelf

2000 Red Sport
    Soft Top
    1/2 Doors
    5 Speed
    Sure Pull 2" Hitch Receiver
    Cruise Control
    Factory am/fm cd
    A/C
    Super Shelf

1953 Willys CJ3A
    Stock
    1943 Willys MB
    Stock
  • tonkadavetonkadave Member Posts: 102
    Name: Dave
    Age 36
    Married with 2 kids
    email: tonkadave@aol.com
    Just ordered my new jeep so i figure its ok to post here now. Heres what i got
    2001 sport 6cyl. steel blue
    black tinted softop
    A/C
    trac loc with 3:73 gears
    Fog lamps
    cd with subwoofer
    bodyside steps
    30" wheel group
    Auto trans.
    Sentry Key
    Speed Control
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• wheelsdownwheelsdown Member Posts: 250
    Name: Terry

Jeep:
    2000 Sport
    Red with black soft top.
    Auto
    Cruise
    Full doors
    A/C
    Security key
    Cloth seats
    AM/FM tape

I have wanted a Jeep since I was in the service in the early 60's. I expected it to be noisy, rough riding, lacking in quality detail (paint, fit, etc....) and over priced for what you get. It met my expectations in all respects. I love it and hug it every day. Since I am retired, it is my run around car. I don,t expect to do any serious offroading.
    Tonight is Wranglers Owner's Chat.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • tjytjy Member Posts: 39
    Name: Dr. TJ Young
    Occ: Chiropractor
    Location: Rockville, Maryland (just outside of Washinton, DC)
    Happily Married, no kids...yet...
    Email: drtjyoung@yahoo.com

My Jeep Maxx:

2001 Wrangler Sport
    4.0L 5spd
    Sienna Pearl Coat
    Dual Tops (Black)
    30" Tire package w/Canyon Wheels
    Dana 44
    Trackloc
    A/C
    Fog Lights/Tow Hooks
    Bodyside Steps
    Factory Tinted Windows
    Speed Control
    Sentry Key
    Add-A-Trunk
    CD Player w/5 speakers incl. factory Subwoofer

We also have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (also loaded) that we love!
  • gotjeepgotjeep Member Posts: 2
    4.0L I-6

Manual Trans

Dana 44 Rear w/ Trac-loc

30x9.5" Gooyear Wrangler GS-As on Canyon Wheels

A/C - :(

Fog Lamps

Front/Rear Tow Hooks

Dual Tops

Swaybar Disconnects

Oil Pan Skidplate

Come meet my Scrappy 2000 TJ and all of his jeep friends at http://gotjeep.net

http://gotjeep.net

Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    Name: Dave
    Marital Status: Single
    Home: Houston, TX
    Email: TexanJeep@aol.com
    Jeep:
    Black Sahara 00'
    Basically comes with everything. I have the trac-lok and Dana44 and no ABS.
    Mods:
    2.5 Rancho Rockcrawler running 32x11.50s
    Mopar steering box skid
    Tera gas tank skid
    younger-brothers rear bumper with swing away tire carrier and trail rack, should be here soon.
    Lots of other mods planned. Just waiting on the money
This discussion has been closed.