Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Protegé

Comments

• gandalf17gandalf17 Member Posts: 348
    I didn't even catch that. I'm such a bad typist. It was meant to be "imploded". However, perhaps I was "i'm loaded" when i wrote it. I thought Paul was the only alcoholic here.... :) Another round of Dacquiri's please.

Just an update on the Dunlops. I've brought them down to 34psi and that's where they will stay. The ride and handling seems to be best at that psi.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    when ambient temp > 70F
    32psi front
    30psi rear

when ambient temp > 50F and < 70F
    30psi front
    30psi rear

when ambient temp < 50F
    28psi front
    28psi rear
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    Me, the only alcoholic? I think not. You should have been at the MAPPII. They were passing around sangria and other things that Meade and Larry brought. I was being good, and didn't have any. :)

I don't think any liquor made its way to MAPP III though, I don't remember.
  • newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    They are different. If they are the same, why does the Sentra have a beam axle and an anti-sway bar?
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Attachment points
    out of the woodwork. :) Shame i'm too far for Mapp. I love Sangria... :)

Meade,

I know it's spelled dacooree's, or at least something like that. I remember how upset you got last time we all started spelling it incorrectly. Also, congrats on the diet success. Just be careful about too much, errr, fluid retention...but by the sounds of it, you seem to have it well, in, um, errrr, "in-hand."

Chikoo,

Do you have the Dunnies too? That seems grossly underinflated if you do...
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Member Posts: 2,405
    So it's been like a month since I took my Pro over to the dealer and showed them my radio problem. They said they'd order it right away...well still no bloody radio. What gives? Why would it take a month to order a stock radio? Is this normal?
    I was simply emphasizing the fact that the sway bar can convert your IRS into a beam axle if placed close enough to the wheel axis.

as far as the sentra goes...maybe they wanted "sporty" people to know that their car "too" has a sway bar...their so-called advanced multilink beam axle.....2 beam axles combined(one goes along the axis of the wheel and the supporting sway bar just some inches away) :)

forget it.

just check out the CR-V rear suspension.
    I started filling my PRO's gas tank only 3/4 of the way.
    makes the car stay in zoom zoom mode more than ever.

It also figures. With so many gas stations on the road, why should I carry the weight of all that gas in my car? I would if they gave a discount for filling up a full tank.

This trick works especially nicely in the summer since the AC is also ON, robbing precious zoom zoom power.
    In a word...."no".

Take this issue to the service manager. If you already have, take it to the sales manager and explain you will not be buying your next Mazda at this location unless the situation is resolved ASAP. You've been patient enough.
  • mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    Ask maltb.

He knows everything.

Meade
    Hmm...well I don't think I have much leverage in terms of buying at that location as this is not the dealership where I bought my Pro from...but I guess I could use the "no more servicing from you" card.

I actually think I've been talking to the service manager...I'll have to check their website to see who that is exactly.

Thanks for the tip, Tim!
    Maltb, since you know everything and seem to be at max PSI today, what's your take on this?
    To further expand...I don't believe that they have ordered the part for you. Chances are they just forgot or couldn't be bothered. It should not take a month and you have the right to at least a detailed explanation. They should easily be able to acquire a radio from even another dealer, even out of province, if they were really motivated to help you here.

P.S.- Sorry, no spare radio's in my garage. :)
    Yeah...I thought that too. It's a good thing it's not a major problem, otherwise I'd have to threaten them with the Vocus stick.
    No need to get that nasty with the dealer. Nobody should have to be beaten with the Vocus Stick! It's got that light saber sort of sound when wielded, but it's far whinier than that.... The HORROR, the HORRRRRROOOOORRRRRR. :)
    I've never gotten so much mileage from one smart-assed comment!

Meade
  • newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    I'd be careful about threatening anyone with the Vocus stick. You could get yourself in trouble. The Vocus stick is a serious weapon and should be used with caution.
    Nice to see you pop back in. Since I know you weren't having a cigarette, or a drink, I can only assume you were catering to your one last, aforementioned addiction and playing with your very own vocus stick. Welcome back, friend. :)
    Trust me...it's going to get a lot more mileage...

So I just spoke with the dealership again...

I asked them to see when the radio was ordered. I took the car in July 12th. They told me the radio was ordered on July 23rd....uh...what? Lazy bunch of.....

Anyway, they're telling me it's still not in and it could take up to 6-8 weeks because there's some exchange BS and the company that they get the radios from probably has a low float...CoughBullcrapCough
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Ahem....

All together now.... "Let's go to the Posse topic where we can talk about thing we want!"

(well, almost anything!)

:)

(Edit -- protege_fan, I hadn't seen your post when I wrote this -- not talking to you!)
    A couple of us just got called down there for the crime of talking about former Town Hall members!

Meade
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I said "almost anything" -- and that's correct, that is not the thing to do. There have been one or two mentions in here that weren't that big of a deal, but that's not what was going on over there this morning.
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    I had a new radio ordered for my 2001 ES as well, after I proved to them that the radio cut out with higher-bass or higher-volume music played.

I had to actually drive to the dealership on the way to work and prove to them the radio was dead. Makes sense I guess.

Anyway, the radio was in stock in a matter of like a week or something (it's been too long, I don't remember exactly how long now). They kept the car one day and had it installed by the time I got off work.

Maybe it takes longer because you are in Canada? Not sure, but I would stay on them.
    Thanks for the info...not sure if they use the same procedures down South as they do up here, but I've been phoning every week to "remind" them. :D
    I thought that by filling the tank, there was some sort of fuel pressure boost? I've noticed it...when you fill the tank up full, the engine seems a bit more livlier....maybe my butt-dyno isn't calibrated right?
    I too have noticed the difference when the tank is full. I actually feel it reacts differently once it hits about 3/4 to half full and then picks up again. Maybe just my vivid imagination.
  • dsm6dsm6 Member Posts: 813
    1 gallon of gas weighs around 6 lbs. So, if my 02 Pro has a 14.5 gallon gas tank (I think so anyway), 1/4 tank is about 22 lbs.

Of course, fuel gauges are notoriously non-linear (meaning 1/4 tank may not be really 1/4 tank), but the numbers are ballpark anyway.

This weight is placed low, but it is pretty far back, so it will have a higher moment of intertia about an axis of rotation near the front of the car than if placed in, say, the passenger cabin. Maybe that is what you are feeling.
    exsqueeze me? Okay, i'll believe you. :)
    go out on a limb and say that I'm actually kinda starting to like that orange colour!! :O
    call 911 for you. You need to seek medical help immediately.
    Thanks for the link.....I am going to read it with great anticipation right now.

My wife's favorite colour is orange....if she sees the Turbo Pro in this colour, I'm in trouble...as is my budget.
    How'd I know that was coming? LoL!!

Ah well...guess that's what happens when one is bored at work.... :D
    If you get that Pro, does that mean you'll have some extra Pro parts left over? :D
    Well, to each his or her own. I bet the pictures don't do it "justice." What did one of the reviewers call it, neon nectorine?
    is my favorite term for it!
    It's negative for much of it.

"Toxic Wasteland Persimmon?" HA HA HA HA!!!!

Meade
    I guess it will make the Pro stand out. As one reviewer said, this car is too edgy for your average driver.
  • boggseboggse Member Posts: 1,048
    I was disappointed to hear about the torque steer on the MS3. After having dealt with copious torque steer in my former Jetta VR6, it was nice to get away from it in the ES 2.0. I would have thought Mazda would know better.
    Maybe Mazda will get the message and fix that -- and maybe change the paint choices -- before this thing hits our shores!

Meade
    that i'd have plenty of extra parts left over. In all seriousness though, methinks that I would have had to place an order already for this car. I don't think too many are coming up to Canada. I would also want one in black. Radioactive popsicle just doesn't do it for me, but the wife would likely love it. It would match all her neon nectorine clothes!

I really would love to drive one of these puppies though....would be fun. Let's hope they eventually mass produce these babies as a Protege Si type scenario. The extra power is definately needed in the P5. I would buy one in a split second if the P5 had some more juice.
    ...before this thing hits our shores!

It's here, hiding out in Tacoma...shhhhh
    Excellent point. Perhaps they will address it. However, gobs of torque steer is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, look at the audience they are going after. The V8 muscle cars have lots of torque steer too. They want the car to feel edgy. That's its niche so to speak.

Mike,

Couldn't afford the car now anyway after the house....moving in 10 days....yikes.
    The Mazdaspeed Protege is hiding in the back of a Toyota pick-up truck?? Wow.....
    Too bad....oh well, IMO, house is better than a car. We move in 14 days :D

BTW, only 250 are coming to Canada (IIRC)....all "spicy orange" :O
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583
    mmmmmm, radioactive popsicle, ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
    Congrats on the house too if I haven't said it before.

Methinks that the engineer's or marketeer's responsible for the torrid tangerine colour must have watched the Fast and the Furious, just a wee bit much.... The Supra in the movie is basically the identical colour.
    I'm sure it looks good in the right kind of light...none.

:)