Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Recalls and TSBs

silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
Go to www.nhtsa.dot.gov and you can search their Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and recall databases by year, make and model - and even refine your search by system (such as "brakes" or "A/C"). You will find quite a few duplicate entries under the TSB section, but you also might uncover evidence of a bulletin that you can bring to the attention of your service advisor.

Currently, the recall database contains six recalls affecting the 2000 Focus - keep in mind that some (like the rear wiring harness recall) do not apply to the hatchback.

Comments

• pcleveland2pcleveland2 Member Posts: 516
    silver bullet, Very good info.

Also, I think that most of the recalls have been voluntary on Fords part. Nothing forced by the nhtsa.
  • maureen9maureen9 Member Posts: 8
    Is anyone else having the same problems with their ZX3? I had my car for 3 whole hours before I had to get a tow truck. I took the key out of the ignition and the whole ignition came out with it. It took Ford 2 weeks to get a replacement part. I have had the car successfully for 4 weeks now and again I am having trouble with the ignition switch. Now my key only goes in part way. The tow truck driver said that this was the 8th Focus he has had to tow with the same problem.
    It is now in the shop again for an unspecified period of time. I am beginning to regret buying a Ford from my usual Chrysler.
    Maureen9,
    Considering what the tow truck driver told you, I think it is something that should be reported on the nhtsa site. The instructions are there to tell you how to do it. I havn't had the problem, (yet).
    Pat
  • elebutelebut Member Posts: 5
    I have not been able to get the fuel gauge to read "full", even if I top off the tank. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gary
  • cgsangelcgsangel Member Posts: 79
    Hi,

I have not had the problem yet but my brother has. In his case, the garage kept the car a couple of days. His key wouldn't go back into the ignition once he had removed it. They had to drill the old one out. The tow driver said he'd seen 3 just that month (January).

Charlie
    I called the dealership yesterday(Monday). They told me that I was going to take 3 days for my part to come in. But my car was towed in Thursday at 9am,last week. Should the part not have been ordered that day? And should the part not have been in by Monday, giving me my car back? What's with Ford? This is the second time that this has happened to me since I bought the car. I only picked it up December 29th, 2000. Enough is enough. I will never, ever buy another Ford product!!! Does anyone know if I have any options? I do not want this car any more. My second payment isn't even due yet.
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
    If you read through the warranty section of your manual, you'll see information regarding the chain of command at Ford. If the service manager won't help you, try the dealership general manager. No luck? Contact the zone representative for your region and call OwnerConnection and rattle a few cages. Your dealership should have placed a priority rush order for your part - although that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to arrive overnight. Thanks to Ford's "lean and mean" approach to manufacturing, the part may not be in stock - Ford might have to order parts from the OEM. I know what you mean about never wanting to buy another Ford product. Corporate short-sightedness like this is going to kill the domestic car business yet... and I'm amazed you've had better luck with Chryslers!
    It's a very dangerous statement. I don't care what problems you have with Ford, you can also have them with General Motors, Chrysler, Volvo, Volkswagen, Audi, Toyota, Subrau, Nissan, and even Rolls Royce. When you say Ford, do you mean Ford or a independant Ford dealership. Don't blame Ford for a bad dealership, but do let Ford know what you think of the Dealership. And ask your friends with Fords what their experiences have been with their dealerships and pick a new one to deal with.
  • zx3beastzx3beast Member Posts: 661
    pat,
    i do blame ford for the bad dealership because they sold them the faulty products and set-up the poor delivery system of needed parts.
    the dealer is also at the mercy of the factory,which is ford. so yes,by all
    means the blame begins with ford. i can tell you that ford rushed the
    launching of the focus and escape. you can bet they are still apologizing
    to the dealers. there is a good reason why the new t-bird has taken so
    long to come to market,also the new explorer. they dont want to repeat the same mistakes. unfortunately, for a lot of us we werent part of the
    rethinking process.you live,you learn, sometimes.
  • vadpvadp Member Posts: 1,025
    Get your money back.

In the most states 20-30 days out of service (not necessarily all at the same time) will qualify your car as a lemon. Or two or more visits to the dealer for the same defect.

Check out your state lemon law.

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html

• rustyb2rustyb2 Member Posts: 1
    this happened a few weeks after my son purchased his focus last march. there was a recall of it
    later, but he went to dealership right away: there was something wrong with the fuel pump and they had to replace it. you might have the same thing. like i said, there was a recall later. it was all day repair.
    Only because dealership wanted it to be a all day repair. That way they could do other work around it.

Out of all the recalls the foci zx3 has had none of them have been all day affairs. I waited and had my z back within the hour. Only time it was kept overnight was while dealer was waiting for wheelbearing and spindle. And then I had z back next afternoon. Plus they gave me a loaner. And they have offered me a loaner each time I have been in for the recalls.
    Pat
    Well, my Focus ZX3 was towed to the dealership February 15. It is now February 26 and no sign of my car being repaired. Unfortunately, I am in Canada and we are wimps when it comes to Lemon Laws. The dealership is being great about the whole thing. So far they have given me the option of keeping my Z or trading it in for another car. They did not specify whether it would be another Z or anything else on the lot with a comparative value. I really like my Z but I am afraid that my payments will outlive my car.
    They want to keep our business because I bought the car from the dealership that my trucking company leases all of our trucks from. I don't know if they are sucking up because of this or not. Anyway, thanks for listening. I hope no one else has this problem.
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
    You do fleet business with them? I'd hit them up for a new car - FREE. If they want you to keep leasing trucks from them, they need to get with the program and make you a happy customer.
    I agree. But I don't think that they will give me the truck that I really want. Today is day 23 of my broken down car! Canada really has to develop Lemon Laws like the U.S. They only Ford that I have had any luck with was my '71 Mustang. I spoke to my rep at the dealership and he offered me (in jest) another '71 Mustang. Oh, to dream.
    had car at dealer on saturday, seems ford will replace squeaky rear brake shoes at no charge, these are a new design. they are also replacing what they are calling a fuel injector switch, this is in response to the 2000 rpm stumble. there may or may not be a recall
    for these issues. if you have these issues with your vehicle , ask your dealer to remedy them.as usual,i have a parts wait.
    May not be a recall persay, but should be covered by a TSB and placed in the class of a secret recall. Interesting they finally found something, especially something to do with fuel injectors.
    I happened to be talking to a mechanic at a local Ford dealership (he was trying to place a courier pick up for parts going back for warranty work)and he told me that there was another recall coming. He told me that Ford was having a real problem with, yes you guessed it, the ignition switch. I guess I found out the hard way. But I still love my ZX3. Ford, however, is another story.
    Maybe it's only on the Califorina models.
    If there's a recall on this, I hope they get it out soon. I mean, the recalls for seatback hinges and A pillars are one thing... but wheels and ignition switches :(

I haven't had any problems with my ignition switch yet, but I know of someone who was left stranded because of that. It's like he knows his Ford hotline phone number by heart now :(

We'll all be watching this forum for updates.

Charlie
    Maybe the delay on the recall is because they either don't have the right part or enough parts in stock or because they haven't got a fix yet.

Charlie
  • c2135c2135 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone else having problems with their throttle assembly? My friend has a 2001 Ford Focus which is not quite 4 months old, and has already had the car in the shop 8 times. The most serious problem has occurred 3 times -- the clip which holds the throttle cable breaks and the cable falls into the spring below, causing the throttle to stick open, a very dangerous situation, to be sure! The first time it happened, he was on the freeway. After managing to get the car stopped, he called for a tow, and the tow truck driver said he had seen this happen the previous week, and the driver had been killed! Since then, it has happened again, twice, the second occasion, causing an accident which resulted in my friend getting a concussion, plus several bad bruises, and nearly resulted in his car hitting 4 children! 3 different Ford dealerships have tried to fix the problems, yet they reoccur. The dealerships say he is the only one having these problems. Any comments?
    thanks for the heads-up. this is the first one i heard being reported here. its incredible that all the problems are related to relatively
    simplistic type parts that are an integral part of a more complex assembly. one word for that......cheap!
    somewhere i have read this somewhere before. can't remember the fix, but there was one. it was here or club focus or focus jet. sounds like a killer car!
  • hugozhugoz Member Posts: 82
    Well, after one year and 12K miles on my Autumn Orange ZX3, I've been to the dealer way too many times, primarily for a defect that forced me to invoke our state's lemon law. My biggest problem was the driver's side door latch cabling mechanism (inside the door). Some of you old-timers to the Focus Town Hall may remember my posts about this problem last summer. (Since then I was too disgruntled to follow-up.) In a nutshell, I suddenly discovered one day that I couldn't open my door from the inside, and I'd go to the dealer only to have them tell me (a) the part has to be special ordered, or (I) after getting the part installed, the cable mechanism would break again after a few weeks. Thus, for many, many weeks, I had to roll down my window (manual windows), reach outside to open the outside door latch.

Anyhow, after 7 separate trips to 3 different dealers, for about a total of 10 or so days in the shop, the problem is licked -- for now, at least. I've written and called Ford, contacted the NHTSA, and finally got someone in the state attorney general's consumer protection section to intervene for me under our state lemon law. They sent a demand letter to Ford to fix the problem, but not unsurprisingly, told me that the problem was not significant enough to warrant demanding a new car (though everyone admits that not being able to get out of your car in a split second is a safety problem, and in my state, it's also a basis for flunking the state vehicle inspection).

I guess the only silver lining out of this was that the dealer I bought my car from (and the one who did the final fixes) had treated me well and always came through with a nice loner. Meanwhile, I also had the FOUR recall notice problems fixed, and on top of that, had three trips to the body shop: two to fix a vicious "keying" scratch, and a third to fix a minor dent (not my fault). What a year!!!

For what it's worth, my car now looks brand-spanking new, thanks to the last body shop fix, and I still find myself admiring that new-edge design. Handling and performance have been fine, too. Other than the above, no complaints.

Has anyone else had the door latch problem?
    Oh, I forgot to mention -- I've also had my ignition swtich replaced. Now it works fine. Other than this and the door latch, the ZX3 has been a great little car!!!
    I have heard of a couple of people having the same problem with the door latch. We thought it was our own stupidity when we would start our cars to warm them up, then have the doors lock. I just got the cable inside the door replaced today. The part was ordered on Tuesday of this week and I got a call Wednesday that the part was in and to drop off the car today. I am quite pleased that this repair was done so quickly and at no expense to me. And I agree, the ZX3 is a great little car. Despite the trouble I have had with the ignition sswitch and the length of time to get the thing fixed, my brother wants to buy one.
    Thanks for responding to my post. I knew I couldn't be the only out there with the door latch cabling system problem. The dealer had told me that it appeared Ford had recognized they had a problem. It took me several visits to get my door fixed right, but my ignition switch was replaced in no time; your door was fixed quickly but the ignition switch took a long time. Except for the irony, our hatchlings appear to have a lot in common. What color is yours?
    Was watching the Rallye Monte Carlo race on the Speedvision Channel on cable TV last night. Did anyone else see it? Three different Focus RS WRC cars (i.e., racing ZX3s) were being driven. Quite a thrilling spectacle, indeed, to see our beloved ZX3s being raced around Monte Carlo ... in fact, one of the Foci almost took first place.

Here's a link to some photos of the cars:

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/Focus_WRC/Focus_WRC_1.html

• tomp8tomp8 Member Posts: 23
    Dropped my car off at the dealership today for various fixes and found out there is another recall. Not sure what the number is, but it has something to do with rust in/around the "PCM" in cold climates. Canadian dealerships are also replacing the interior trim piece as a safety recall.
  • fgaydosfgaydos Member Posts: 319
    Had an awful thing happen. While parking the ZX3 after a hard run the throttle went nuts without my foot on the gas. I had to stomp on the brake to keep from crashing into other parked cars.
    Something happened as the tranny is broken now, at least I cannot get it over 40 and the light came on. Nursed it back home but needs to go into the shop in the morning. Looked under the car and saw a belt or loop hanging down...
  • reallybobreallybob Member Posts: 29
    Hi gang,

Last October I bought a new 2001 Focus sedan. Shortly after the purchase I began smelling burning oil or rubber, the odor especially noticeable in stop and go traffic, or after climbing a hill and stopping.

I took the car, (a beautiful Infra-Red LX) to the dealership with that complaint. After a brief inspection the mechanic found that the "right inner axle seal" had been leaking. After waiting for about 24 hours I was called and told that a new seal had been received and that I could bring the car in for the repair. I did. A week later I brought the car back to the dealership with the same complaint of a strong burning odor. I was told by the mechanic that the replaced seal was defective so he would have to replace it. About 5 days later the dealership received the new seal and while installing it found that the oil pan gasket was leaking, so had to order a new gasket.

About a week later they replaced that gasket. I noticed shortly after taking the car off the dealerships lot that the smell was still very obvious. I decided to give the car a week to burn off any residue... after that week ended I returned the car to the dealership, again with the same complaint. This time the mechanic found that the "main seal" between the engine and transmission was leaking. After about a week a replacement seal was delivered to the dealership. This time they had to keep the car overnight, giving me a loaner car to drive.

To make this already long story shorter, I returned the car again with that same old complaint. Doing some research the dealership was able to locate SOMEWHERE that there had been a recent "campaign" put out on this model of the Focus recommending the installation of some kind of filter into the A/C heating ventilation system of the car as the intake (apparently) draws air from the engine compartment.

While waiting for this filter to be delivered to the dealership I was driving the car in heavy stop and go traffic in Seattle. While stopped at an intersection I noticed a gray smoke coming from the engine compartment of my car. The first time I'd seen smoke. I mentioned this to the dealership when I delivered the car to them for the installation of the filter.

They installed the filter and steam cleaned the engine. I notice the smell, still, though it's not as obvious. If the smell continues into the coming week I will once again return the car to the dealership with that same old complaint hoping that they'll FINALLY find a solution.

Anyone else out there having this problem? The burning eyes, coughing and nausea is getting to me!

Sorry for the rambling,
    Bob
    BTW: The mechanic also tightened the exhaust manifold bolts when he installed the filter.

;)
  • jayguyjayguy Member Posts: 6
    Anybody hear about some new Focus Recalls coming? A friend said he heard something about a few more recalls, one having to do with wheel bearings and one having to do with a premature deployment of air bags due to a short in the fuse box when the rear wiper is used. Anybody else hear about these?
  • cori56cori56 Member Posts: 1
    I was all set to buy a 2000 Ford Focus this weekend when a friend of mine sent me some very disturbing information regarding recalls on the 2000-2001 Models. Imagine my surprise when I confronted the salesman about this information & he said that he was not aware of any of these problems. Right! In any event,the recalls that I was warned about are problems with the rear wheel bearings, deploying airbags during a very slight crash or no crash at all, airbags exploding causing some drivers to have been burned, problems with the speed control causing excessive acceleration which could result in a crash,& engine fires. Needless to say,I won't be buying a Ford Focus!
  • khtkht Member Posts: 13
    Had the fuel pump replaced at 30K, then it started to go at 54K on my 2001 ZX3. The dealership located a TSB for the exact same symptoms I was having (almost to the letter) and quickly replaced it, this was the first of this sort of problem they had seen. After not being able to reproduce the problem during a quick test drive the tech compared my car's repair to the current list of TSBs.

the problem: The car would abruptly lose power (and begin to decel) while accelerating around sweeping high speed curves, usually while trying to merge with freeway traffic. It only happened while there was less than half a tank of gas in the car.

The dealership said that it was a recent TSB and the problem reoccurred because my original fuel pump was replaced with the exact same flawed model. So everything seems to be working great, the slight general loss in power is gone, but now I am getting a few mpg more to average about 32 in mixed driving not a bad side effect though I am curious as to the cause. So I guess I have to wait another 30K to be confident this has fixed the problem.

Also I was starting to hate my car when the fuel pump problem reappeared, but this new dealership changed that. They have hours until midnight Monday through Saturday and are open Sunday. They offer a free shuttle service or a free loaner (all taurus SES's). They also noticed, on a previous visit, that my car was due for an upcoming recall and took care of it while it was in for an oil change. My car even when it is in the shop won't take time out of my life, though hopefully this is the second and last unscheduled visit.
  • chrisvachrisva Member Posts: 1
    Re #36 The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) hasn't actually issued a recall yet for the four items you mentioned (inadvertent air bag deployment, burns from air bag deployments, engine compartment fires and the fourth is actually rear wheel bearing failures that can cause the rear wheel to fall off) they have taken the first official step to a recall by opening an investigation. See http://www.autosafety.org/pressreleases/FordFocus.htm. I was one of the "lucky" Focus owners who had an inadvertent air bag deployment on a 1 month old 2001 Ford Focus! Although Ford insisted we had to have hit something, there was ABSOLUTELY no crash impact, no body damage, no compression of the front bumper springs, nothing! Ford has tried to deny the issue and refuses to have the car fixed. My insurance adjuster as well as the dealer themselves all agree that there is no evidence of any impact. Based on that, I submitted a complaint to NHTSA and they have opened an investigation. It may take 6 more months to get to an official recall, or Ford could decide to recall/repair this problem themselves. This is a real shame as we loved the Focus while it was driveable. It still hasn't been fixed after several months (though my insurance would take care of it) because I refuse to have it fixed with the same potentially defective sensor module that could go off again. Our air bags deployed due to a fast stop going 35 mph. I can't imagine what kind of serious injury could occur if the air bags deployed during a panic stop at 60 mph!
  • jams1526jams1526 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a fleet of Ford Focus'. 8-2000 and 18-2001. Last summer when it got warm in the spring all the fuel pumps died. No power,starving for gas, etc... Well now it is spring again and so far this year I am on number 10. Last year Ford paid for all of them. This year Ford does not want to pay for any Lets see how many go down the next couple of days!?! Then to add insult to injury another dealers call me today and said my 2002's are in...Bummer. We could also get into wheel bearings, igination switches, headlight sockets, or many others. Be careful on hot days, early to mid afternoon, half a tank of gas. maybe 100 miles. Keep it out of overdrive, keep the tank full. If you let it sit for a minute..it wiil start again
  • steve2675steve2675 Member Posts: 10
    Well, actually, I had to.
    I drove to Florida from NY with my Dodge Avenger to look for job opportunities and the Avenger died. So, I bought a Ford Escape, only to lose my job up north and make paying for the Escape impossible. So, lucky enough, the dealership allowed me to trade out into a Ford Focus.
    Its a great looking car. Only 14,000 miles, still has mftr warranty left, and it seems to drive well.
    But, I didn't know anything about the recalls associated with them.
    So my concerns are...
    -How many recalls were made for the 2001 Focus?
    -How can I find out if any recalls were serviced on my vehicle?
    -And, can I have the car serviced for the recalls even though I don't have in my possession any recall notices?

Thank you!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You can check the listed recalls via this page.

Since you bought this vehicle from a dealer, I would think that they would have taken care of any current recalls before selling it. After checking the NHTSA site, ask the dealership if they did the recall service. Any future recall notices should be sent to your current home address.

• a6chrisa6chris Member Posts: 15
    I purchased my 2002 Focus LX on 8 May 2002. So far I have had to replace a driver's side rear wheel bearing, a power steering pump seal, 2 front end alignments and now I have a very bad vibration and clunking noise coming from the passenger side wheel. This vibration only comes at speeds between 70-80MPH. At 69mph, no vibration, at 82mph, no vibratioh. This is very annoying causing me to speed excessively on the freeway to keep it from shaking. A very loud "clunk" noise also comes from the passenger side wheel well area when I drive over a bump or small pothole. I haven't ran it through any severe pot-holes nor any serious bumps. This started as a very quiet clunk which I brushed off as the suspension making noise compensating for the bump but now it has progressed to this much louder and very noticible noise. You can even hear it with the window down and radio up. I have also noticed that it will shift very harshly when approaching 55MPH. This only occurs when you are slowing to a red light which will turn green and you accelerate back to speed. As soon as it passes 50 it lurches into a higher gear causing the engine to scream for a second or two and lurch forward then kick back down and this is without depressing the accelerator harshly. I am very concerned about the reliability of this vehicle. I really love the car overall. Great stereo, looks and awesome mileage, but if maintenece issues are going to be come common place, I may indeed trade it in soon. I have it leased for the next 3 years so I may try and get out of it if this become a problem. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any possible thoughts of what may be causing this? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I will be taking it into the dealer this week but I would like some background information (if there is any) before I take it in. Thanks.

Derek

If this helps anything, it has a little over 17,500 miles on it, mostly highway. On the freeway I cruise anywhere between 75 and 80.

• clayman1000clayman1000 Member Posts: 69
    I also had this loud clunking noise when hitting a small indentation in the road with my '00 ZX3 which I was very happy to finally get rid of after all the problems.
    The prospect of having my fuel pump go at 'ANY TIME' was too much for my nerves.
    That's why I traded in for a new Hyundai Elantra GT. The best move I ever made, I love the car.
    I got my Focus fixed today, hopefully. :)

On the receipt it states:
    "Customer says that there is a burning odor in the car, also sees soot under hood on the hood separator. SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER 14846 applies for burning odor from oil seepage at cylinder head exhaust manifold bolts. Performed above repair, OK now."

See ya 'round,
    Bob
  • tricia22tricia22 Member Posts: 1
    Today I picked a paper up off my floor only to notice it's all wet. It doesn't appear to be from the roof or windows, it's coming from the floor and it is soaking wet. Did anyone else have this problem?
  • vadpvadp Member Posts: 1,025
    since it's not a safety related problem.
    Relatively common problem. There is at least one TSB issued for that trouble.
  • stvkrenimstvkrenim Member Posts: 1
    All of these recalls, yet not one has applied to my car.

That's not to say my car has been "trouble-free":
    1. The left headlight and right fog light had to be replaced due to excessive condensation, all under warranty.
    2. The horn quit working, for reasons unknown, but was replaced under warranty.
    3. The engine serpentine belt squeals loudly, but all the dealer seems to want to do is squirt it with belt dressing, even after I've complained and asked for a new belt to be installed. Typical Ford service?
    4. The rear brakes squeal loudly, and are getting so loud that it's embarrassing to drive. The car has only 33000 miles on it. The brakes can't already be bad. Can they?
    5. There are numerous squeaks and rattles inside the car.

Am I the only one with the brake squeal, belt squeal and horn failure problems?
  • randyrhodesrandyrhodes Member Posts: 54
    I have noisy brakes also. Dealer claims this is normal. I have to disagree.
  • callalilycallalily Member Posts: 1
    I also have the exact same clunking noise that you are experiencing. I have had it since the car had 500 miles on it - now I have 36800. I've had it into the dealership 4 times but they claim they can not reproduce the noise. They did find that my steering linkages were excessivly worn at about 24000 miles, and replaced those, but it did not improve the noise. I find that it is worse in wet weather. I work in the auto industry, so I know how rediculous this sounds. Basically, since I've had it so long and had so many DIFFERENT people (read: Ford and non Ford service) look at it, I'm pretty confident that it's not going to cause a catastrophic failure. That doesn't make it any less annoying. I just go over driveways and speed bumps slowly, and grin'n'bear it when it happens in regular driving. I see it like this - it's a Ford. There's a reason people made things up like "Found On Roadside Dead" etc. Lesson Learned: Don't buy another one.
    P.S. Your vibration sounds like a classic balancing problem or possibly a bent wheel.
  • class3class3 Member Posts: 14
    My Wife has a 200 ZTS that we've owned since new in November 99.We currently have 57K on the car. Since new, we've had a new tranny at 27K, 4 sets of wheel bearings done. We're now on our second set of diagonally cupped tires <the fealer doesn't see anything wrong with this and insists it's alignment> We rotate the tire every 5K and had it aligned several times. Our complete gage clster has been replaced recently due to tach, spedo, and all gages "pinning" uopn startup. NOW, the rear driver's side door won't close, and when it does, it will open with little pressure on it. My 12 yr old son almost fell out of the car at 40 MPH.. NOW.. the best part, FORD has a LONG history on this "Car", and with this history, they insist it's NOT A LEMON. I've called the NH Attny Gen's office and found that I can't doe anything about it, since i've gone over my 3/36 warrenty. FORD cleverly put us off for a long time so that we'd go over the warrenty and had to keep the car.. I've had the car to the dealer twice about the door, and to my surprise,, they "Can't duplicate the problem" and won't repair the drfective door. Therefore, I took a video of the problem and had it witnessed <as I'm a P I that does video for a law Firm> and the dealer now says that HIS people have to "Duplicate the proble" in order to fix it. I sure hope that Ford has a deep pocket, in case my kid, or any passneger in the car, gets injured from this.. ANY Help would be appreciated!!