Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Owners: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• xxxrubiconxxxrubicon Posts: 1
    HI, NEW HERE I HAVE AN 04 RUBICON AND WANT TO LIFT IT 2.5 " UP TO 4 " I WAS GOING TO GO WITH THE COIL SPRING SPACERS AND BILLSTIEN SHOCKS BUT I SEEN THIS 4" PURPLE KIT FROM PERFORMANCE ACC ? WHAT TO DO? I WANT TO GO HIGHER MOSTLY FOR LOOKS BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHATS BEST ? AND IF I GO WITH THE 4" LIFT WILL MY TIRES LOOK LIKE SMALL DOUGHNUTS? MAYBE ILL HAVE TO GET 33" TIRES? ANYONE HAVE LIFTED RUBICONS? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GEORGE IN N.J.
  • utahjeeputahjeep Posts: 24
    Switch to a smaller CB - something like the Midland 79-290. It is an SSB rig, and is MUCH smaller. Look into an Overhead Security Console from Tuffy - or one of their replacement center consoles and put it in there.

It is too much work to try to find a safe mounting location for anything larger.
  • libertyinctlibertyinct Posts: 15
    All,
    I'm considering swapping out my 6 disc CD changer in my 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited in favor of a Sony 10 disc DVD changer. And then, installing monitors in the back of the seats for viewing. It looks like it has the same overall dimensions as the one in there now. Has anyone out there done anything like this to their Jeep(Liberty)? Do I need to change the stereo as well or, can the OEM stereo handle the feed from the DVD player?
  • I was thinking of buying the 6 speaker outland soundbar. Does anyone know if this is a good system or would recommend something else?
  • sirlokisirloki Posts: 1
    need cheap 16's for my jeep will not pay more than $200. :mad:
  • Definitely try e-bay - That is where I bought my jeep. Speaking of which, my jeep only came with a hard top. Can you give me any tips on how to get it off? I'm clueless. Trying not to go to the dealer
  • Has anyone seen or heard of a lift of more than 4.5 inches for the Grand Cherokee if so who makes it. it's a 1994
  • bookittybookitty Posts: 1,303
    Jay,try a local Jeep Owners club; they are all over the country. My wife has a 1999 Wrangler, and my son and I have removed and re-installed the hard top. If there is a rear wiper, that needs to be unplugged, and you will also need a size 50 or 60 male torx bit. If you own a Jeep Wrangler, it would pay to have a set of the torx bits. If you see a jeep with the top removed, don't be shy. Usually Jeep owners are really nice about sharing information and helping others. That's how my son learned. Good luck. You might try an Internet search to locate some local clubs.

Bookitty
  • butchy1butchy1 Posts: 1
    Have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ factory installed sun roof. It quit working in the open position. I have tried all the fuses & have looked through all my manuels. No help on the possible solution. Any suggestions out there???
  • Am looking to carry kayaks on top of Wrangler. Have seen systems in Quadretec catalog but would like to find a front windshield mount bolt on unit for front only.
    Am planning on trying Yakima Drydock unit in rear trailer hitch.
    Any suggestions on where I might find Front rack only?????
  • I have a 1991 yj, 4 cyl. 5 speed. I would like to swap in a small block chevy and switch to a auto tranny. Does anyone have any info on this or are they a better swap i should consider
  • dqsmithdqsmith Posts: 1
    Has anyone ever used a programmer on a JGC? If so, does it help?
  • Hey everyone. I had gotten my son a 1990 Jeep Cherokee: manual, 4.0L, V6; for his first car and he got into an accident and totalled the frame of the Jeep but the engine is still in perfectly working order. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could get a manual Jeep Cherokee body preferably in or close to Western Mass? Thank you.
  • Can anyone tell me if they know of any aftermarket parts/kits for improving the fuel mileage on a 1999 4.0 5spd Jeep Sahara?
  • When I take my doors off of my 2005 jeep wrangler the interior lights stay on while I’m driving and also after the engine is cut off. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make the light switch think the doors are closed. I would like to find a way so when the doors are back on they will still work. So if anyone knows of a way, please help me.
  • gdh3gdh3 Posts: 28
    You need to check out Quadratech.com and look under the door section for something called dome light switch decompressors.
    gdh.
    -
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    There's you can also remove a fuse that will kill the lights; check your owners manual for the one to pull.
  • fantom1fantom1 Posts: 1
    HI ALSO LOKING FOR SAME SYSTEM DID YOU HAVE ANY LUCK WITH FRONT BAR PLEASE LET ME KNOW? HAPPY KAYAKING
  • I believe it's number 4??? Anyway, it's the one on the bottom row, farthest to the right. Undo the strap that holds the glove box door on (open the door, and the canvas strap has a "plug" that pulls out). The door will then come off of it's hinge.
    You'll see the fuse box behind it. The bottom row, farthest right fuse is what you want. Pull it carefully with needle-nose pliers. You can tape it inside the glove box or put it somewhere you'll remember. Pop it back in when you put doors and top on for the winter or whatever...
  • Here's a link that will show you pictures and which fuse. And, how to install Quadratec's defeat switch if you want to...

oman4x4.com
This discussion has been closed.