Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra GT vs. Mazda Protege5

2»

Comments

• dplatnycdplatnyc Member Posts: 17
    I recently test drove both the Mazda Protege5 and the Hyundai GT. Both cars were automatics but did not have significant other accessory packages. While I had been leaning toward the GT, I
    anticipated preferring the Pro5. I found the Pro5 to have a good steering feel. It was responsive
    and tight, taking the curves well and keeping me in touch with the road. The wheel itself also felt good. I did not find the acceleration particularly good. The car complained
    when I floored it and move sluggishly. The front seats were comfortable and the rear seats adequate. This is not a five-seater. Nor was the luggage space anything but tiny with the
    rear seats up. Moreover, the dashboard is flimsy--pushing a button on the climate control moved and bent the entire panel. I also did not like the italicized gauges. Mazda has a good
    stereo--I have a 1992 626 LX, and I know the radio is strong and has good tuning programming. With respect to price, the Mazda dealer offered to beat the Edmunds TMV for a no-frills Pro5,
    explaining that he would want invoice plus $500.00 or less, because there is a $500.00 cash-back offer right now.

I ended up preferring the GT overall. Only the steering wheel let me down--it was thin, slippery plastic. I thought the car handled nearly as well and rode more quietly and evenly than the
    Pro5. Although I wouldn't be doing any racing, the acceleration was better than the Pro5. The dashboard and controls were more solid and I prefer the less contemporary dark gauges on the GT to the cheap-looking fake metal on the Mazda. Although in the bright sunshine I had trouble reading the trip computer. I found the seats to be firmer with less side support on the GT, but they were fine and I used the adjustment controls to contour them to my 5'6" frame. Strong smell of leather, though! The cargo space in the GT is much bigger with the seats up. Without seeing them side-by-side, it would be difficult to compare them with the seats down. The GT does, however, have a much cheaper mat in the cargo space than does the Pro5. The GT radio did not pick up stations my 9 year old 626 could get, but it sounded okay to me. A month ago, the dealer's manager, who was on vacation at the time of my test drive, had quoated me $13,800.00 (including the $495.00 destination fee) for a GT with only floormats. The guy who handed me the keys for the
    test drive, which I took alone, noted this offer, said that there weren't many GTs out there and that the 2002s would be in soon, but said that the manager would get back to me. I hope that the
    dealer will not say that they can only sell me the red automatic I test drove--I hate red and I hate automatics! From these boards and my own research, it seems like $13,800 is a decent price, since it's only about $300 over the TMV and less than $400 above the invoice, as reported by Edmunds. I am in the New York, New York area, and I have received higher quotes from others. I would be interested in other peoples' reactions to the price.

While I have some doubts about the GT's build, reliability and resale value, I think I will probably end up buying one. I really appreciate people's many comments. I cranked this one up
    to 60-70, to check the shimmy. I also pushed the buttons to lower the seats, thinking about mpgman while I did it. As advised on the boards, the buttons popped up when I firmly returned the seats to their upright positions. Further, from the Mazda boards and my own experience with Mazda, I am not convinced it's as well-crafted as some other Japanese brands, and my experience with the Mazda service people has been horrendous.
  • mpgmanmpgman Member Posts: 723
    Hmmm..I thought the steering wheel in the GT was wrapped in leather, not plastic. I agree with your assessment. The Pro-5 with the rear seats up has about as much room as my Festiva did.
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    The wheel in the Pro5 is the same, thick rimmed, Nardi 3-spoker that's found in the Miata... it's a very nice wheel. :-)

http://www.mazdausa.com/protege5/gallery/pop03.asp
  • pearlbluesoulpearlbluesoul Member Posts: 30
    I just came across this review today. The reviewer seems to have nothing but praise for this car. Check it out at:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/02elantra_gt.htm

• mp5freakmp5freak Member Posts: 51
    Damn fine review here too...from the same site:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/02protege5.htm

I don't care much for the bland look of the Elantra GT, and I worry that the resale value will be vastly lower for the Elantra, but for the money its definetly worth a look. Then again, I'm happy as hell with my P5 :)

• raduga750raduga750 Member Posts: 13
    I recently bought a Protege5 after testing most other hatchbacks and small station wagons out there, including the Elantra. I was going to wait for the Pontiac Vibe, but got discouraged after seeing recent price estimates. The Elantra has a more comfortable ride and a plusher interior, and I feel it is a good car, especially for the money. The sound system is better in the Elantra, it is significantly less expensive than the Pro5, and of course, the warranty is outstanding. If Hyundai had produced a true hatchback as opposed to a fastback, I definitely would have given it a lot of thought.

However, the Elantra's fastback design means that it will hold less than the Pro5 when the rear seats are folded, and it won't hold bulky items over a certain size at all, that the Pro5 can easily handle. This was an important consideration for me. The Elantra is more difficult to park, and the visibility out the rear window is clearly worse. Also, the Protege5 holds corners better. The 130 HP of the Pro5 is fine for normal driving, though I wouldn't race with it.

As far as intangible qualities go, where reasonable people will differ, I found the Pro5 more fun to drive because of its handling characteristics. I've also gotten a lot of favorable comments from people on its appearance. Lastly, although there were differences of opinion about how good Hyundais are, the mechanics I talked to unanimously preferred Japanese to Korean cars, including Hyundais.
  • fs8gbefs8gbe Member Posts: 3
    well i have had my eye on the pro5 for a long time now...but i saw a pic of the tiburon, and just for curiosity sake i had to go check that out machine, ended up finding that was nothing but looks with no functionality. passed by the elantra gt and got pretty happy...test drove it. wow, what a nice car. i spent the day going back and forth between the dealers (they are just a few blocks away here) and they are getting in touch with me about final offers today. i fretted about which one i wanted for awhile then i realized that a) both have their pros and cons. b) i would never be able to decide between the two and not have second thoughts about the other. so i just decided that whoever gets me the better deal today will be the victor. i will be happy with either one. but one thing is certain...i can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!
  • abeaughabeaugh Member Posts: 10
    As a college student who is getting a new Elantra GT in December, I have to say I would never drive a Pro5. They look way too much like a stationwagon, and that is definately not the look I'm going for. While this is a personal opinion and the Pro5 does look better than most wagons, it is way to suburbun and soccer mom-ish.
    That's fine with me... the fewer on the road, the more exclusive I can feel. :-)

I don't think the Pro5 is the least bit "suburbun and soccer mom-ish."
    The Pro5 seems like a very nice car, its just that as a 20 yr old, my friends would make fun of me if i got one.
    First off, you should buy the car that works for you, not your friends. But I understand where you're coming from. I would think your frinds would give you more grief for "buying a Hyundai" then buying a sporty wagon, but that's for you to decide.

Either way, an observation... I am 30, but look much younger (shaved head, chin-beard, etc.) When I drove my '99 Passat, I felt "too young" for that car. Most of the people I caught checking out the Passat where grey-haired men.

My wife said to me the other day... "Teenage boys LOVE this car." I asked here what she meant by that. She said that every backwards-hat-wearing, Fred Durst look-alike in a slammed Civic gives us the once-over.

So now I feel "too old" for my car! :-)
    The engine loosens up a LOT after 1000-1500 miles. Initially, mine was hesitant to rev and didn't sound terribly great either. Now, at almost 3k, it sings smoothly and easily to redline.

Engines need to break in.
    yeah a lot of my friends have given me crap about hyundai, but i really think they are great cars. and i have a $12,000 limit to get a car from my parents. Luckily a friend owns a hyundai dealership and promised me a loaded GT for under 12, so i can get a stripped used civic, or a new GT with leather, keyless entry and sun roof and other for the same price. plus, i know i will get great service. i'm glad you like your car though. thats all its about.
    That's cool. *I* have no problem with Hyundai either, they have come a long way... but public perception is still pretty crappy.

$12k for a GT is practically highway robbery! :-) good for you. Enjoy your ride.
  • qba2000qba2000 Member Posts: 1
    Let's begin with looks. With respect to aesthetics, there can be no serious debate. The P5 has "love at first sight" looks, while the Hyundai GT has "well, maybe it can grow on me" looks. Now, if you're one of those ppl who loves details, then the Hyundai interior is not for you. Yes, it has leather, but so did a lot of terrible cars from the 80s that you would not dare sit in today. Moreover, all leather isn't created equal, if you know what I mean. And besides the leather, the rest of the interior is bland and relatively cheap looking, even for an inexpensive car. Conversely, though it may seem tacky or too much for some, the interior of the P5 leaves one with a sense of satisfaction and some excitement; cool dials, nice looking sifter, and seats you don't need to apologize to your friends about.
    Performance also needs to be mentioned. Suffice to say neither car is suitable to be a drag racer (but you know that), nor will a lack of acceleration endanger the lives of the occupants in either car. If you really wanted speed, would you pick a low-end sedan based vehicle?
    BTW, I've seen "professional reviewers" pick about small buttons and other such trivialities. Seriously, you are driving a car not playing DJ. A big volume knob and an easy way to change stations should make most people happy. I'm not going to go into detail about the location of the reading lamps and such, just know all the important items are easy to get to (after all, we have been making cars for decades now...you would think designers would know where to place arm rest by now).

So who "wins"? Well since there is about a 2 to 2.5 grand difference between the two, money and looks (picking up chicks) are more important than any other variables. If you’re in your 20s and care about coolness, go with the p5. If you’re maybe a little more mature and are more concerned with saving a couple of bucks, go with the Hyundai. Remember, both of them are “different”, relatively inexpensive, and comfortable. Go with the one you like better.
    I'm surprised at peoples reactions to the looks of the GT. I saw pictures on the internet, and I thought it was good lokking. Then I went to test drive it, and it is gorgeous. the lines are daring, and the alloy wheels look great. The leather feels as nice as the leather in my best friends volvo, and it screams luxury and style. I guess the original looks throw some people off, the same way people either love or hate pt cruisers. so I guess I'm lucky I love it because its the car for me.
  • therhinotherhino Member Posts: 21
    I have to agree with you about the looks of the GT. I've had mine for 4 months (4400 miles) and I like it more all the time. I think it has a very stylish look from all angles, especially the front. We have a regular Elantra GLS 2001 as well, and my wife keeps harassing me about how much nicer my car is. That's what she gets for getting the new car first, as I drove around in my 87 Acura Legend. Anyway, you won't be disappointed. I don't know how they could sell it to you that cheap though?? Take it easy.
  • jim7heaven7jim7heaven7 Member Posts: 25
    I just bought a 2002 cardinal red GT 5 speed, with moon roof and spoiler. What I love about this car is Hyundai has blended Zen with Euro Style to create a clean efficient automobile that appeals to the European and American markets with one shot. It has taken the clean minimalist approach of the Asian look and combined it with European highlights and Eng, such as the VDO dash. I have had my car less than a week and I love it. I like the lines of this car they really appeal to me; it has a clean sophisticated look with out being to garish. I don’t mind the Pro5, actually looked at it, but could not justify spending the extra doe for an overdressed Prot, just to boy racer for me. Not that I don’t like the car, I love the Prot ES, nice ride allot of room. Well folks I hope you all enjoy your Christmas. Have a great time if you buy the GT or the Pro5.

Jim
  • elec3elec3 Member Posts: 160
    And some of my friends do make fun of me for it, but not for very long. They call it a grocery getter and make fun of me for having a wagon (in which case it's better to have something like the Pro5 which is BARELY a wagon). Usually once they've ridden in it they don't give me any more grief. They like that it has 4 real doors (many of my friends' cars don't), they like how much room it has, they like that it's fairly quick and sporty. I imagine if I could afford some deep tint and shiny alloys, they'd even be impressed with the looks. I just like it because it's fun to drive and looks good, but every once in a while, the adult in me appreciates having 4 doors, or having that wagon rear-end, or having a roof rack, or getting 25 to 30 miles per gallon of gas, or any of the other things that make a wagon a practical choice.
  • mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    Just going by the number of messages can be misleading. If you actually read the messages on the Protege complaint board, you'll find there are few actual complaints, but lots of responses with tips and general conversation. So far as I've read (over the past year): a couple CD players have problems, someone has a loose heat shield on their catalytic converter, 1 incidence of warped brake rotors and a couple other minor issues. I think one person had a major problem with a gen2 (mid-90s) Protege not starting.
  • joffficerjoffficer Member Posts: 169
    I looked into the P5, matrix, GT, Focus. The matrix is just plane ugly! For over 20k the bigger engine might help sway me, but I'd hate to look at it while walking up to it ( embarrassed I bought it for that much! ). The focus has been nothing but trouble for the place I work...and I'm not crazy how that looks either.
    So it mainly came down to the P5 and the GT. The P5 is slower, but not by to much. With the seats up it does have the same 'trunk' space of my old festiva. All the extra 'boy racer' plastic trim panels and interior colors are very much pointed at the young ones. It was comfortable to drive. Mazda's name has been around with good reviews for years.
    If you haven't guessed by now I went with the GT. I liked having a bigger engine....smoother and has a nice 'kick' when pushed past 4000rpm. The interior is more traditional without fake metal appointments. I fit better in the seats (5'11", 195lbs), and the leather feels/smells nice. Personally I like the look of the GT.... friends of mine thought I bought a Saab 9-5. I got the car loaded for 15K, and of course that's with the great warranty (and 5 oil changes).
    What, I guess, it comes down to is this... If you want a little station wagon, and plan on selling it in a couple years get the Mazda. If you want a european looking 5 door, and plan on keeping it more than 4 years go with the GT. Bang-for-the-buck it's hard to beat the Hyundai.
  • magicratmagicrat Member Posts: 5
    I agree that the Matrix is just plain ugly. That car was one I had considered, but just couldn't do it. Plus the 130hp engine is way slow! Looked at the GT based on pictures, reviews and price. Got to the dealership and knew right away that I couldn't buy the car. To me, it was nearly as ugly as the Matrix. Yes, it comes loaded with a low price, but I just couldn't look at it. Took a few other people by the dealership to see if it was just me, but it wasn't. They agreed that it's not a good looking car. To them, anyway. In case you couldn't already tell, I bought the PR5. So far, it's great. And it gets head turns when you drive it. Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As long as you like your car, that's all that matters. If we all liked the same thing, what a boring world this would be.
  • jveliejvelie Member Posts: 9
    Does any one know how much the extended 5year to bumper to bumper will cost.
    I wasn't even told about an extension... why would you? You can get an extension for the P5, but their base warrenty is much shorter.
  • centarforcentarfor Member Posts: 22
    The Elantra GT is the winner for me. I like the exterior look better than the P5 and it comes with way more options for the money. It's also more powerful, but not by much. My dealer just can't find one that has all the options and a 5 spd.
  • bri70bri70 Member Posts: 147
    Add the factory spoiler, 16 or 17 inch wheels, and a roof rack and the Elantra GT looks- smooooking!
  • dagpotterdagpotter Member Posts: 71
    I have to keep my P5 for ten years...I had to promise to give it to my six year old.
  • compensatecompensate Member Posts: 212
    I don't quite know what a fastback is, but I thought the Elantra GT seemed like the true hatchback (like the old Honda CRX - sloped more moderately) and the Protege5 seemed more of a station wagon design (like the Vibe/Matrix).

My battle was between these very two cars . . . and the Elantra GT won! I got my 2001.5 5-speed with sunroof for about $14,300. A similarly equiped Pro5 (WITHOUT leather seats) would have cost about $3500 more at the time I was buying.

My Elantra GT has about 23,000 miles on it. The only real complaints I have had are (1) cheap wiper blade material (easily replaced) and (2) ome issues with the CD player (skips and freezes some). Plus I enjoy the smoother ride of my Elantra to the stiffer ride of the Pro5.

However, if pure road-hugging curves are what you like to drive, the Pro5 is obviously the better car. Our 1999 Protege ES 5-speed (65,000 miles) is quite the curve-hugger as well!

Choose carefully!
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Why anyone would want leather on either of these cars. To me, cheap leather is no better than vinyl and the cloth seats can only be an upgrade. It's amazing how far marketing goes.

No offense to those who enjoy there leather...I just don't understand why.
  • th003gth003g Member Posts: 149
    no matter what kind of leather it is... is better than the cloth that comes standard in any compact car or midsize... cars around this price range (anything to 20k) do not come with very quality colth... in fact the hyunda elantra GLS cloth.. which my sister has feels downright thin and flimsy... styling is also another issue... elantra cloth has a pattern on it... to some it may be a plus to others it is not... leather gives it an upscale feel and appearance... also the seats on my GT are softer.. with leather... thicker than the material on my sis' GLS...and btwe... GT leather is not cheapo vinyl type... pretty decent.. i mean not connoly..but leather nonetheless
    I love the cloth in my P5. It's FAR better then the stuff that came in my'99 Passat.

If you want leather in a cheap car, you're better off to have an aftermarket comapany do it. For $1k or less, you get a MUCH higher quality leather then what the factory puts in.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    I prefer cloth myself. The cloth on my Lancer OZ feels and looks like soft suede, way better then hard leather that feels hot or cold to the touch, looks like vinyl, and allows you to slide all around.
    Elantra has enoough side bolstering to keem me in the seat and not have to brace for a fun corner...
  • jackyl100jackyl100 Member Posts: 25
    I prefer leather, even "INEXPENSIVE" leather, to cloth. You can wipe off spills, it's easier to keep clean, it wears longer, and it looks better than cheep (pardon, "inexpensive") cloth.

People have a misconception about how leather performs in sun. Because it's a natural skin, it's more like cloth and not at all like vinyl. Leather AND cloth will be hot to the touch when in direct sunlight but won't burn your hand. We just had a few 90-degree days here in Seattle and my 02 GT was parked in the direct sunlight all day. The steering wheel was very warm but the heat dissapated quickly when touched. My previous car had a tan plastic steering wheel and would get so hot that I couldn't even touch it.

I love my LEATHER interior. I prefer the look of tan to grey and hope that will be an option on future generations of the GT.
    People have a misconception about how leather performs in sun.

If I have owned a car with leather, is it still a misconception?
    What was your experience with your sunny leather?
    It was sticky and hot.
    ...that many people assume that leather will be just as hot and sticky as vinyl. But because it's a natual skin, it's not at all like vinyl.

My experience is that my dark grey leather is not much different than dark cloth, which can be VERY warm in direct sun, although not sticky. Even in our (rare) 90-degree weather or during my road trip to So Cal, my GT leather has never been hot or sticky. Maybe it's better quality leather than either of us thought. Or it could be the arctic blast from the AC.
    leather... sticky... maybe you need to clean your seats from whatever youve been doing in the car..
    leather is a dry smooth surface... does not melt like plastic... so it sure as heck wont be sticky...at least not without adding some fluids to the mix...
    not in the driver's seat that I remember. passenger maybe...

I tend to wear shorts often and this is what I noticed in the california sun. I guess my experience doesn't count and I must be full of gizz. Enjoy your leather and I'll enjoy my cloth.
  • mudflatmudflat Member Posts: 47
    I care not what materials others may like; but as for me, give me cloth or give me death!
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    Although I agree that spills are easier to clean up and hair doesn't stick to leather like it does cloth, I do disagree that leather is longer-lasting. Every leather I have ever seen on older cars is always heavily cracked, dry-rotted, and hard to the touch. This includes Nissan, Acura, Mercedes, Infiniti, and yes, even Lexus. It looks and feels absolutely horrible. Some cheaper cloths do rip with age and fade some, but the higher quality ones have always stood up to heat better then leather. The passenger seat and rear seat on my 84 VW GTI look almost brand new. My mom's 92 Accord's cloth seats looked new even after 184k miles. I guarantee you leather would not have stood up as well as the cloth did. As for looks, most leather in cars look cheap to me. Unless they look and feel like the leather on my jacket, it just isn't the same to me.
    I've had several cars with leather interiors.
    The best one, by far, was a '83 Oldsmobile Tornado. That car, aside from handling like a couch, was the most comfortable car I driven! The leather (a light cream color) was always cool to touch and never gave me that sweaty feeling like vinyl or some cloth seats. It always smelled great in that car.. Even with 42k miles when I sold it!
    My Hyundai GT's seats feel good to me as well. Even when baking in the sun I can sit without the scorched cheeks....the heat quickly dissipates! Not as strong a sent as the oldsmobile, but pleasant.
    My '90 Toyota MR2's seats were ok. They held me in nice and tight, but I think the leather was a crappy grade. They felt the most like vinyl.
    I like having the leather. It breaths (guess because it's natural skin), and wears better than cloth. It's easier to keep clean, and With the application of Lexol at ever oil change it looks great for a long time. If you let your dog run around on it (with long nails) you might want to stay with cloth.
    tell me about it... I bought playstation 2 from work and it came in a plastic container (combo packing) and i accidently dragged the edge of the package on my passenger seat cushion... scratched the leather like a dull exacto knife... damnit...
  • wnaegelewnaegele Member Posts: 2
    ... here in New Mexico -- the sun shines brightly in mid-summer when it's 100+ degrees, but also in mid-winter when it's 0- degrees -- sees neither leather, nor vinyl, nor sunroofs as making a whole lot of sense.

A good heater and air conditioner, however....

Anyone have comments on Hyundai Elantra GT vs. Mazda Pro5 when comes to pumping out the BTUs or flicking on the max air?
    i'd say teh gt has a very strong ac system... especially lately and over the weekend when my car has been baking out in direct sunlight with the windows closed (cause the weatherman predicted scattered showers all weekend.. and what'd we get... 90+humid as hell scorchers 3 days in a row... car bakes for 9 hrs a day and i come out to it around six.. start the car and turn on the ac right away.. after 15-30 seconds cool/cold air starts coming out.... and then it gets downright freezing...
  • 5port5port Member Posts: 395
    I agree with th003g as far as the AC being one of the coldest systems I have had in any foreign car. Most of the time if the outside temp is below 90f I have to add some heat or it gets downright uncomfortable. I dont live very far from th003g so we have the same climate. This is not me being all goo-goo eyed about my car...its true. One of the best ACs around.

Now for the down side. This AC system pulls the most power from this 4 cylinder of any car I have owned. I thought my old Civic Si was bad. Some people are hitting the AC button to pass and then turning it back on (I find myself doing this). I use the power sapping feature of the AC system as Traction Control in the rain and snow. Turn it on and your wheels rarely spin. OTOH turn the AC off and I am very happy with the power (5 spd).
    5 people in car... plus about 30lbs of peaches in the back...
    160+110+134+130+229 lbs
    first of all the a/c came on strong anytime the car sat for a bit and the humidity built up...
    usually my da sits in front and has the ac on the coldest setting at the second or third highest fan speed with recirculation function on... today...he complained that it was too cold... even at the minimum fans speed setting with the temp at coldest setting...so I turned the a/c tempt to aboout quarter way back to warm... everyone was wearing long sleeves and pants... except me...even rear seat passenger compalined for me to turn up the temp at lowest setting...
    and the car did feel like it was missing 20-25 hp when moving with a/c on.. especially noticeable in stoplight launches... there were a few merge battles i would have won if i had the A/C off with the five people in the car... and i found out my car can go off road onto dirt paths with no traction problems (even with low profile z rated 45 series 17 inch tires) the dirt road leading to the peach farm was pebble and rock strewn with a few large dips that were about 10 inches deep and a foot and half wide that my car was able to navigate at its lowered stance (because of the human load onboard) with some caution... my dad was more concerned than I was...who needs an SUV when you've got an Elantra GT?
    I did the ac button thing a few times this week especially when I want to merge and knowingly stick my car into a risky situation...
    the car rarely spins/chirps its sticky rubber in dry condition but turn the steering wheel a bit and its another story... i regularly break loose the inside tire in a curve/turn... (maybe that explains my mpg according to the comp of 19.9)
  • jimbeaumijimbeaumi Member Posts: 620
    My A/C is also the coldest I have ever had in a car, and I too need to turn it down a bit. But my power is not zapped too badly, and this is after three years with a V-6 Skylark, on which there was almost no change in power. I do find that when accelerating from a stop I need to rev it just a little bit more, but not excessively, and it moves along beautifully. For a leadfoot who detests sluggishness in my car or especially the one ahead of me, I have no complaints.

We are about to go for 18,750 mile oil change. Betsy looks and runs like new. :)

I should say something in this thread about the Protege5: it looks SO good in bright yellow!
  • shriqueshrique Member Posts: 338
    As far as the AC goes I've never had a problem. It's cool when you start the car from sitting in the sun and give it about 30 seconds and it's cold. I usually don't have to turn it up to more than 2 (out of 4...I think) on the fan. After driving for a while at highway speeds I find that I have to turn the temp up other wise my eyes start to freez up. (GRIN)
This discussion has been closed.