Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala: Meet the Owners

Comments

• tomaso7tomaso7 Posts: 91
    The climate zones work. All you have to do is make sure the DUAL DIRECTION VENTS are pointing at the right person. Enjoy!

FYI - because of all the slush we get up here in Toronto with snow and ice and then a thaw I installed thick plastic over every square inch of carpet I could reach. I attached it with a medium sized stapler. I also cut it to fit. Took about 3 hours. However, when I take it off in the late spring, my carpet will like great with no salt patches which harden the rug like cement. Because it is form fitted, I will clean the plastic and re-install next winter. No matter what you use you can't get rid of the salt effects. You might be able to erase the white but the carpet will still be hard in that area. The Zaino polish products go on in the spring when the temperature rises. I bought the car on December 29th and so the Zaino wax couldn't be put on then.
  • bh0001bh0001 Posts: 340
    I tried the plastic over carpet the first year I had my '98 Lumina. Small pieces of gravel worked their way under the floor mats, ground holes through the plastic, and let salty/muddy water seep through. Now my carpets are stained yellow under the floor mats. Be VERY diligent at checking under your plastic or you'll suffer my fate!
    Brad
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• janrichjanrich Posts: 3
    Hello again everyone........

I haven't been on the forum since sometime last year. I forgot how intertaining and informative it is with all you nice folks.

My 2000 Impala LS was purchased new January 3rd of 2000,,is dk carmine red with all options and 26,000 It must have been built after 10/00 because I have not had one single thing go wrong with the car outside of a warped front brake rotor.

I found the car to have a quiet cabin when it was new but lately I am experiencing excessive road noise coming from the rear. It seems the Goodyear tires are really starting to howl. The noise is really getting on my nerves and I was wondering if anybody on the forum is experencing the same thing. The car becomes quiet at interstate speeds (65-75),,I guess I outrun the noise.

I must admit,,,I have been very negligent and have not ever rotated the tires so it may be my fault. I hate to get new tires at 26,000....all the tires seem to be wearing perfectly. I'm going to rotate tomorrow and then get new tires at about 45-50K but hate to put up with the racket until then.

Somebody told me to line the trunk and back seat with marine grade lead foil and the car will be as quiet as a Lexus. At $10.00 a sq. ft...I'll think about it.

My car really performs great. When I go to pass, that 3.8 really gets busy. On ice & snow the traction control and ABS features are nothing short of a marvel! About a month ago I was driving about 40 mph on a rain slick curve,,all of a sudden the car wiggled and the trac light came on. I was getting ready to take a ride on the shoulder or in the ditch but the car corrected itself and on we went at a slightly slower pace :>)....It doesn't get any better than that!!

Any comments on my noise problem will be greatly appreciated....Gotta go....my wife just showed me her "honey-do" list....

Keep that trac control "ON" everybody...Rich

P.S. Now that GM is dumping the Olds line, I think there is a good chance that the 02-03 Impalas will be offering an SS with the 240 HP Shortstar motor from the doomed Intrique. The deep-throated sound of that motor under throttle really makes an old hot-rodder smile.
  • flchevyflchevy Posts: 1
    I just got my 2001 gray base Impala and love it!!

GM finally got it right.........This forum helped me decide on the Impala.....Thanks

Bought for it for $750 under invoice.

Does anyone know where I can purchased used
    LS wheels, I thought someone on here was selling
    a set?????
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    Welcome to the club! Where are you in Florida? I am located in Miami.
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• stormdavystormdavy Posts: 83
    Sorry to crash this club and break everyone's train of thought, but here is my question. Possible that an early 2001 did not have the updated paint/molding on the back bumper? Or, could an '00 have been sold as an '01? Another way of solving this: VIN # sequences beginning with '01 production. If you are in the know, please respond, to set my heart at ease. Love the car-- base, but w/ the good engine and handling. By the way is there a difference, other than wheels, spoiler and console shift, between LS and above described? Thank you, and long live RWD. I hope this Chevy gets it again soon.
  • Hi Everybody, First time Posting from a new Impala Owner. Well, I broke down and bought a 2001 Impala LS Navy Blue Metallic, It has leather, sunroof, 3.8L. In other words it's fully loaded! The dealership will have it ready by Thursday April 26th. I am so excited, this car is an absolute beauty.

I have read many reviews and forums, but I have yet to speak with other Impala drivers about what the car is really like, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  • cookie01cookie01 Posts: 369
    We normally chat in the larger Impala XV (or something like that) forum. Come on over and read what everyone has to say.

And great call on the color, mine is Navy as well and it's just beautiful. Takes a lot of washing, but it's worth it!
  • Thank you Cookie, I love the Blue too!
    Where would I find that Impala chat you mentioned?

thanks.
  • cookie01cookie01 Posts: 369
    It's listed under the Impala Owners club as Impala Sedan Board
  • bdimebdime Posts: 130
    Mine is also Navy with the leather- no sunroof but I still love it. Lots of comments can be
    found on that Sedans board- some listing the few complaints/problems but most just
    happy owners like me! ;)
  • I just bought my Impala S. Need to know if the passenger side air bag can be disabled if I need to seat my small children in front. I have a pickup that I can turn the air on and off. Does anyone know if I can enable and disable the air bag if I need to. I called my dealer and they were clue less. So far I love the car.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Little Rock, ARPosts: 872
    I've been around the Impala forums for a little over a year now, having custom ordered my '00 loaded Galaxy Silver base model Impala in January '00, and taking posession in late March '00 (all options except leather/heated seats - even sprang for the engine block heater!). I'm among the lucky folks that got included in the '01 Impala brochure as a result of my involvement with the Edmunds boards (I'm on page 28 BTW; I only got a quote printed, but I did get to sit through a photo shoot).

Anyway, I've had the car for 13 months at this point, turned over 19,000 miles this week. May have a warped front rotor, and have the proverbial "clicking" from the front end (which has apparently been resolved in later models). Had the intermediate steering shaft "clunking" for awhile, but it seems to have gone away.

Despite these minor problems (none of which have proven serious enough to convince me to quit driving the car long enough to get it checked out), I would replace it with another Impala in a heartbeat should something happen to this one (although I'd be certain to get one built as recently as possible).

I got a loaded base model because I wanted to be able to seat six, but also wanted the 3.8 liter engine. Since I tend to drive my cars for 10+ years before I give them up, and since I had a $3K+ GM Card rebate to spend at the time, I went a little crazy and optioned this one out exactly like I wanted it. As I said in the brochure, I got exactly the car I wanted, and a year later, I still don't think I'd have done anything differently (other than MAYBE getting one in the medium regal blue that was discontinued when the '01 line came out).
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• bbrowne74bbrowne74 Posts: 58
    Picked up my Dark Blue '01 LS model today, build date of 5/01. Has everything minus the moonroof and the leather, plus I didn't splurge on the heated seats/passenger electonic seat option.

Put about 100 miles on it today travelling around showing it off. Drives like a dream compared to my previous Saturn and Altima. I'm happy!
    Sounds like you have my car's identical twin! Mine was built in 4/01. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!
    Brad
    wow - same type of car and same first name! How wierd is that!:>

I drove mine quite a bit yesterday, put on another 90 miles trying to break it in and it drives like a DREAM.
    Very wierd! But did you name your car Hooloo? (short for Hooloovoo, a superintelligent shade of the colour blue - from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
    No didnt' name it that - we haven't named the car yet! Did order the Perfect Fit bra from Carbras.com.

I did finally get some pictures up though:

http://www.bradbrowne.com/impala/

Oh, not quite identical. I don't have OnStar.

However, it looks like we're listening to the same CD. Is the second-from-the-right CD in the last picture the Matrix soundtrack? Very wierd!!
    Yep! Of course that's a GREAT CD to test the system. I must have one of the new AMPS (Apparently the old one was subpar) because the system in my car is quite nice. Wife doens't care for the high decibels!
  • kenbuzzkenbuzz Posts: 99
    You guys crack me up. Are you certain you're not just two versions of the same person? :)
    I was also very pleasantly surprised with the qualtiy of the stereo after reading about all the problems. I still might drop in some aftermarket speakers at some point in the future, but with the current quality of sound it's not a pressing issue.

Kenbuzz - Although I do talk to myself frequently, I try not to "chat" or e-mail myself too often! However, my neighbours do think I'm nuts because I wash my car so often and ride my mountain bike over 2x4s on my driveway!
  • dsw7311dsw7311 Posts: 15
    I have a complete set of manuals for the 2000 Impala/Monte Carlo for sale $100 plus UPS.
    They cost me over 150. They are also on ebay Item #591908677
    Dont need them since I am trading in LS for an Avalanche. Hate to, but want to. I love my LS so much.
  • 1st time to this site/1st time Impala owner. I bought a Carmine Red '01 Impala loaded with gray leather and all the bells & whistles last Monday (Memorial Day) in Virginia. I got a fantastic deal paying $500 LESS THAN the dealer invoice. I took his $750 dealer cash incentive and his $753 holdback. My wife and I love the car; it's so roomy inside and the OnStar system is something else! My step-dad had an Impala in 1973 and he put over 200,000 miles on it! Now I know that a lot has changed in almost 20 years, but I hope that's an indication that I won't have a lick of trouble with my new one. Today, I had the "Auto Armor" upgrade applied to the paint. It is a paint sealer and is like a tephlon coating. Has anyone ever had this sealant applied? How is it holding up? What are your views on after market extended warranties via the internet at 1SourceWarranty.com? (I think this is the address.) Any and all info that you can provide me on the Impala (tips/recalls/what to expect) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks & God Bless!
  • sherri11sherri11 Posts: 2
    This is my first visit. I just bought T0DAY a 2001 Impala LS Med. Bronze Mist Metallic, Leather, Sunroof, EVERYTHING. I LOVE THIS CAR. I did a lot of research and don't think there is another car on the road that gives you more bang for the buck. I pick up the car in the morning at 10am. Sleepless night ahead.
    COngrats on your 2k1! I got mine on 5/28 - Memorial Day. I just cracked 2600 miles after doing some heavy work driving that was sort of out of whack, and it drove like a dream!

Was a little cautious and had my first oil change today. I love this car!
  • joed56joed56 Posts: 27
    I just joined this site. My name is Joe. I bought my Impala in March of this year. Had bad experiences with three chevrolet dealerships. They really jerked me around. Finally bought the car from Royal Chevrolet in Bridgewater, N.J. Am taking it for the first service June 28,2001. Really enjoy my car. Prior to this car, I had a 1992 Caprice Classic, LTZ model. This car was a dream! I put 145,000 miles on it before the trans went on it. I decided to get rid of it rather than go for a trans. Never added a quart of oil in 145,000 miles. Was the most powerful car I ever owned.I will truly miss this monster.
This discussion has been closed.