Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    Edmunds.com is looking for Community Leaders for MB C-Class Owners. Anyone interested? It isn't difficult and about the only thing we ask is that one CL attend the weekly chat.

Let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• tschreyertschreyer Posts: 12
    I'll be getting in our first MB this Saturday, June 16th.

It's a desert silver/charcoal leather C240 auto, C1, C2, C4, C6 Sport. This will be our first "luxury" car and we're very excited about driving our two young daughters around in this super-safe, super-advanced, little sports sedan. I'm also eager to be driving a German-engineered vehicle again.

We're in the Lancaster, PA area. I've been reading the C-Class sedans list for some time, enjoying it, and I'm planning to share my new MB experiences with all the helpful people there.

See ya!

Tim
  • dadval1dadval1 Posts: 2
    we have a new C240 which, from the first day has hesitated when going slowly around a turn, then feels like it's going to stall. When accelator is pressed hard, it then lurches forward.

Anybody experiencing anything like this?
  • hensleyhensley Posts: 4
    Just bought a C240 black/charcoal and am very happy to see others with the same enthusiasm. I first saw my car two days ago and had not even considered it until I saw it. It does look to be a baby benz from the outside but feels bigger when driving.

See everyone in the other MB topics (I will stick to the type of forum).
  • juang1juang1 Posts: 1
    I have a C240 FOR A YEAR AND I HAD SOME PROBLEMS.
    ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WAS THAT THE CAR ONE DAY DECIDED NOT TO START!!!!IT WAS TAKEN IN A FLAT BED TRUCK TO SERVICE AND THE PROBLE WAS THE ELECTRONIC IGNITION SWITCH WAS INOP. ALSO IM STILL HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH KEYLESS REMOTE,SIDE WINDOW AND DRIVER SIDE WINDOW. I THINK MERCEDES SHOULD HAVE A RECALL SOON!!!!!!
  • Just got my wife new silver 320, charcoal interior. Waited 3 months as I wanted an 02. Ordered with sunroof,xenon lights.Love the cars handling.Paid full list no discount but first class dealer in Pompano Florida. Only one gripe was not told you can't get the xenon's without heated seats & headlamp washers, cost another $800 over the lights. Who needs that in Florida. Did not order CD player for $1,200 should have been standard feature but will live without it. Great car!
  • paul_ppaul_p Posts: 271
    Yes bocaharv,

I also have gone without the CD player - for 6 years now, in my '95 C-Class and now my '00 model. I can't see paying that kind of money for something when I can just as easily record my CDs to tapes and listen to them anyway. Besides, as I approach 40 my ears have less appreciation for the sound quality difference anyway, so it's just as well! Guess it's a matter of personal preference.

- Paul
  • I'M MISS MERCEDES, NEW MEMBER, AND NEW OWNER OF THE 2002 C240. IT'S A BRILLIANT SILVER WITH CHARCOAL INTERIOR, FULLY EQUIPPED. I TOOK DELIVERY ON 8-20-01 AND I REALLY LOVE THE CAR. NO PROBLEM SO FAR. TODAY I RECEIVED THE CAR COVER I ORDERED WHICH COSTS ME $198.00. I PLAN TO KEEP THIS CAR FOR A LONG TIME. I WELCOME ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM THE BOARD. THANK YOU.
    MISS MERCEDES
  • I HAVE MY BRILLIANT SILVER WITH CHARCOAL INTERIOR C240 FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS NOW. AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTION HOW TO KEEP THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR CLEAN. DO YOU USE A SPECIAL PRODUCT? MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, YOUR REPLY WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.

NEW MEMBER, MISS MERCEDES
  • Have you bought or shopped for a C-Class Mercedes since Sept 11? If so, your comments are of great interest. Please get in touch with jfallon@edmunds.com.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• avro2avro2 Posts: 6
    Sweeping synthesis, has really taken place for me as a driver. I really feel a power-shift takes place ever time a kilometer is driven in such a vehicle. 2002 Capri metallic blue, with Java leather and sports rims, makes the driving experience extremely pleasurable. Desire, to drive fills my every day life…A bewildering present for other car manufactures.
  • lew13lew13 Posts: 1
    I am expecting delivery of a new C32AMG in December. Does anyone know if the CD changer option will allow the playing of a music CD at the same time the GPS system is on? Thanks.
  • cd changer is in glove box. gps system is on dash and may be used as same time as cd changer. p.s. get ready for the ride of your life! also visit c32 life!--ignacio
  • bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    Does anyone know what happened to the CLK Boards? They are dead. Anyway, in my area, I sometimes have difficulty finding premium gas. Manual says for 2002 CLK use at least 91. Anyone put in less than 91 (or whatever the manual states to use) occasionally? If so, any adverse consequences?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    Last week, Edmunds rolled out new pricing pages. Along with this is a new "consumer ratings & reviews". This functionality lives in the "consumer opinions" area of the new vehicle detail page, and allows users to rate a vehicle on a number of different criteria (1 to 10 scale), as well as add his/her own free-form comments.

If you have some time, we would really appreciate Town Hall members writing a review of their current auto, or a favorite make/model. It takes approximately a week for your review to appear on that make/model.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

• nikeallinikealli Posts: 1
    It's such a shame that MB's reputation is going down the drain. I also ordered my 2001 C240 in the Summer of 2000 and took delivery in October. I have had the transmission replaced then we travelled out of town and the car just died and would not start. I contacted SOS and there was no help forthcoming. After about an hour, I decided to start the engine again this time the car started. We were almost home when the engine shut off while I was still driving. I quickly pulled into a driveway. I will like to know if any owners are having these problems. Please send e-mail to oludamilola@msn.com.

Thanks,
    Nike
  • hocky1hocky1 Posts: 13
    Hi there to everyone! I have just got into the great 3 point star club and chose a used C180 to start. I hear that this model is not available in some countries like USA. I am in Melbourne, Australia. I have a simple question to ask other owners. Do their engines give out a loud crackling sound as you are accelerating the engine? What is this disturbing noise? Is it normal? Nobody here wants to admit any fault. However, I found his at 2 car yards here, one with one car and another with 3 similar cars all making the same sound. However the one at the authorised dealer never had this sound?
  • johngenxjohngenx Posts: 13
    We have in our family:

1998 C230 currently at 118,000 km. Bought new. 040 Black over black

1998 E300 turbo currently at 58,000 km. Second owner, nearly new. Smoke silver over parchment.

We have had:

1995 C36 AMG, sold to buy the E300.
    1990 190E 2.6, sold to buy the C230.
    1988 190E 2.3
    1987 190E 2.3
    1987 190E 2.3-16V
    1973 300SEL 4.5V-8
  • paul_ppaul_p Posts: 271
    How does your 1998 C230 compare with your 1990 190E? Are you happy with your exchange?
  • johngenxjohngenx Posts: 13
    The suspension of the W202 C-Class is significantly different from the W210 190E cars. The handling is much better. Those double-wishbones make all the difference.

The ACC works better, and the AC blows much colder than the 190E could ever muster.

The additional interior space is welcome, especially in the back seat. I found the 190E comfortable, but the C-Class is about perfect. My wife uses our E300 to commute, so it's even larger back seat is mostly wasted. But, the big diesel gets about 35US MPG, so the thing is economical to use.

The C has more safety gadgets than the 190, including side bags.

The real change is in the driveline. The DOHC four cylinder makes almost as much power as the old 2.6L six, and the car is much quicker and faster. The five-speed means better fuel economy too. The C230 gets much better gas mileage than the 190E did.

However, the four has a much more "sporty" exhaust note, and is not quite as smooth as the small six.

Some maintenance items have been improved. The oil filter is moved to the front of the engine for easy access, and the double row timing chain should outlast the single row unit in the M103.

Also, accessing things like blower motors and AC evaporators has become easier for real long haul savings. There is more room in the engine bay, thanks to the shorter engine, and someday that will pay off during things like rad replacement (all new cars have plastic rads...) and timing chain renewal.

Overall, the C-Class has been a pleasure to own. But, comparing it to the 190E isn't really fair. The 190E was designed in 1979. Things were VERY different then.
This discussion has been closed.