Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

1192021222325»

Comments

• gattanigattani Member Posts: 6
    by +tax+doc fee I mean they were extra (NOT INCLUDED 39800 price)
  • ccappaccappa Member Posts: 29
    Thanks, Gattani.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi
    After speaking with a conveniently located dealer he offered $500 over invoice (the lowest price I got was from Truecar was $250 under invoice from a dealer 45 min away) and a 67% residual value (30 month lease/12k per year in NY-no money down) and a money factor of .00182 plus a $2000 conquest discount because I had an Acura TL. Based on the options I take the: MSRP is $43,105/ Invoice of $40,150/ sale price: $40,650 minus $2000 is $38,650). I figure the monthy lease with taxes is about $480 per month. Am I close? I do not know if I have to pay ad fees, etc.

You have been a great help in the past by making me a really good negotiator with dealers. I also use Automotive News(weekly pub) that usually shows both consumer and dealer incentives each month.

Thanks again for all that you do.
  • joserajosera Member Posts: 12
    Those numbers look right to me. $485.31 before tax. Looks like your tax is the same as mine in NY 8.375% gives you $525.96 for 30 months. Just do 36 months, that's $426.74 before tax.
  • eppisgoodeppisgood Member Posts: 3
    That sounds like a great deal - was that here in California?
  • saahilsaahil Member Posts: 1
    I am in Charlotte,nc. I need advice on price quote dealer gave me.

Base: 34800,premium-1 price + blue color price 720 + navigation = 40150

Then he is saying discount= 1449
    selling price = 40150 - 1449 = 38701

Adding sales tax= 1161.03,tag=69,processing fee= 499 becomes $40430
    Then he is giving me usaa discount= 2000 making selling price = 38430.03

He has 1.9% for 66 months financing.

Is this ok? Or I am missing something major?

Please help.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I wouldn't pay that price without more research. Try going to truecar.com or zagg.com for better pricing. If you're a USAA member, there's more money available too.
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    2012 C250 w/MSRP $43,890. I leased it but sale price is $36,520 on signed doc.
  • ack300ack300 Member Posts: 7
    I have been leasing the same C300 twice for the last few years. When I first started the lease, I traded in my Jeep and the monthly payment was $490 for 32 months 7500 miles a year. I am not familiar with leases and all the numbers are still confusing to me. Now yesterday I just leased my 3rd C300 after they sent me the MB Loyalty Program. The dealer gave me a $38000 car (better equipment than the last C300) and monthly payment at $499 per month 30 months, 7500 miles. I returned my car, signed the agreement and left.

Today the finance guy called me and said the contract was wrong and want me to re-sign again. I took a look at the contract and here's the info:

Gross $37961 cap cost
    net $37961 cap cost
    residual value: $29593
    Depreciation amortize amount: $8367
    Rent charge: $2675
    Base monthly payment: $11043
    monthly payment: $368

Is this correct? Just a quick look in the forum and seeing what people are posting looks like $500 for a $38K car is incredibly expensive? Mind you I did not pay any downpayment or tax with the newer car. Is $368 correct? If so, according to the new number what should I do when the dealer calls tomorrow and tries to get me to sign for $500? Thanks for you help on a lease newbie ...
  • thecarherothecarhero Member Posts: 1
    Pricing out a 2012 C250. Can you combine the winter cash with usaa or conquest incentive.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to interview car shoppers who are weighing a BMW 3 Series or Mercedes C-Class this month because of the incredible incentives/lease deals that are available. If you are tempted, please email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, December 19, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your thought process so far.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• txagtxag Member Posts: 1
    How did I do? Sticker price $40,150 discounted by $4,150. Sale price $ 36,000 plus tax $2250, dealer inventory tax 75.60, License 75.80 Inspection 23.75 Title 28.00 Documentary Fee 105.00. Total sale price 38,558.15

Metallic black paint, front heated seats, ipod hookup, xm, wood trim, premium package 1, command single disc.

Is this a decent price?
  • notekznotekz Member Posts: 4
    Seems like the dealer lots are full of C250’s, but few C350’s. Anyone know what the problem is – supply, demand, both?
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    C250 has excellent power and fuel efficiency at the same time. Plus excellent finance/leasing programs. Why would you go for C350?
  • notekznotekz Member Posts: 4
    I have a few reasons for preferring a v6 over a turbo v4, the main one being possible increased maintenance issues with the turbo if keeping the car for an extended time. But this is just a personal preference and I understand others may prefer the turbo 4. Anyway, do you know the reason for difference in dealer inventory between the two models?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    That answer is simple...price. A C250 costs thousands less than a C350 and puts it in direct competition with other "near luxury" cars like BMW 328 and Inf G series. The C250 will easily outsell the C350 by at least a 3-1 margin. That's actually good news for enthusiasts because it means MB doesn't have to worry as much about its corporate CAFE numbers and can continue to sell high performance models.

BTW, in Germany you'll see that many of the lesser BMW and MB sports sedans have had their model number emblems removed. Those with the big engines tended to have their markings intact.
  • swizswiz Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 C350 in November 2011 with a sticker price of 43,370 (incl. Destination) and negotiated a lease rate of $535/mo for 30 months (10k/yr miles) including service with $0 down. Because of the zero down it is really like a 29 month lease since the dealer in-effect paid the first month payment for me. The final paperwork showed the lease was based on a final sales price of just under $39k. I am from SC where sales tax is capped at $600 but included in the above deal. Felt pretty good about the deal considering it includes pre-paid maintenance.

The C350 got 28.6 mpg on the highway on my first highway trip for about 500 miles with avg speed above 70mph. All with over 300hp - love it!
  • wantacivicwantacivic Member Posts: 5
    Hello all. I'm interested in the C250 model but I would also like a 4Matic (as my wife will also be driving). Is it possible to get that option? How much different is the c250 vs the C350 in terms of power and acceleration? I'm ok with a little sacrifice on power for more options for the same price.
  • ron225ron225 Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking to purchase 2012 C250. Your total sales price sounds like a good deal to me. Did you use USAA, Conquest, or other to get the discount? Also, the document fee is much less than I was quoted in MD. ($199-$499) What state was the deal?
  • lrow721lrow721 Member Posts: 1
    looking to buy a 2012 C350 MSRP 45,750. it has most options excluding mbrace, parking assist and leather package. I'm not sure where to begin negotiating. any tips you can offer?
  • bimloverbimlover Member Posts: 8
    i want to buy a pre-owned mbz. the problem is, the car i want is at a not so reputable dealership. i have in mind to go to another dealership ,which has a much better reputation and have the car tranferred over and buy the car from them .
    .what do you think? thank you.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    I'm getting ready to buy a RWD C350 Coupe. None of the dealers in my area (W PA) stock that configuration, and so I'll either be going out of state, having a local dealer bring one in from elsewhere, or ordering from the factory.

Any thoughts on tools to either locate one myself at a non-local dealer or for competitive pricing searches? I've used TrueCar in the past, but since no one has one none of my local dealers are posting pricing to that site.
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    Check out Europen Delivery. You can pick up at the factory with options you want. You can also build on MB and send to dealer in different states for a quote. You can use the prices from True Car. You can change your location in true car to find what state has the vehicle you are looking for. You can call a dealer another state. I found that E-mail works better.

I bought through a dealer in another state and pick up at the factory.
  • atl_mbfanatl_mbfan Member Posts: 2
    I am attempting to lease an C250 Sedan in Atlanta. I also have a MB SLK 230 to trade in.Are there any other available incentives?

Do you have the lease rates (residual / money factor) for either 33 or 36 months 10,000 miles ?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
    Just negotiated the following deal on a C350 Coupe RWD in SW PA:

Included Options:
    Multimedia Package
    Parktronic
    Keyless GO

MSRP: $47,655
    Invoice: $45,081
    Negotiated Price: $45,280

It's a direct factory order as there are no such vehicles avaiable locally. I didn't think getting into the holdback would be an option in this case due to limited availability, and didn't feel like fighting them over the last $200.00 over invoice. Instead, going to get them to throw in a couple of freebies such as wheel locks, etc.
    Has anyone ever seen or heard of dealerships who are willing to offer good pricing on the M-B extended warranty if they aren't the ones who sold the car? I bought a Honda a few years ago (not the same, I know) and was able to cut my warranty costs by 2/3 by going through another dealer in Massachusetts.
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    When you you buy the car, the dealer is looking to pad their profit as much as possible and add a couple of dollars a month more to your payment.

But any dealership can issue the warranty. If you shop around for it as a separate item, they will almost always offer it at a lower price to try to take business away from their competition (and it's a high profit item for them) On something like a Mercedes or BMW, the extended warranty can be a great thing if the price is reasonable.
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    I have. Bought new vehicle from MB dealer in New Orleans. He did not sell MB warranty only third party. Local California dealers were very expensive. Make sure you get a 7 year 100,000 miles. Have the dealer send you a quote with the correct price and terms. Dealer back East tried to give me a one year 100,000 miles. Dealer said that I told them I was a high mileage driver. Had previously discuss with MB Headquarters the problems I was having obtaining the warranty because of the time limit. I had European Delivery and needed a time wavier. I did get a full refund from Eastern Dealer after call from MB.

Called near end of month on a Saturday, morning to a dealer in Colorado Springs. He send me a quote and price. Paid the price and contract was correct. One dealer about one hundred miles a way in California was going to get back to me. Could never make contact not available or was on the phone.

You can go to MB site and look up dealers in each state. Call ask for the Finance Department. They handle all the warranties. Make sure you get all your quotes in writing before paying anything.
  • kingjames6kingjames6 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a C300 4matic. MSRP $45530 (P-1 & Multi-Media packages). The dealer is claiming their cost is $41,060 which would be my cap cost. With a money factor of .00092, a 61% residual and a 33 month lease with $15k miles per year, the monthly payment is $500 oer month. Im looking to pay $400 per month. Do do so, I need the cap cost at $38060, $3k below what they are claiming their true cost to be. I figure they have about $1k in profit built into the car at the $41,060 cap cost and according to this site there is about 3% in additional Hold back money ($1365) in the car. So my qustion: Is there an additioan $1700+/- in the car that I can point to to get hem to use the cap cost i need of $38,060?
  • carhunt2carhunt2 Member Posts: 3
    sticker of 41505

how much of a discount should I aim for?
  • rkaminrkamin Member Posts: 1
    MSRP: 45,5xx (premium 1, panorama, keyless go, etc.)

Down: $2k
    Monthly payments: 351 + tax
    terms: 24 mo/12k

rebates that were applied to the deal: not sure how much, but I work for EMC and have a competitor in household
  • sommysommy Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and think I'm ready to make the plunge and join the family.

Looking at my first MB purchase and need some insight as to what I should offer and what I should expect to pay for the car detailed below.

C350 with Keyless Go, Panorama Sunroof and Multimedia Pkg

MSRP $46,700
  • hx_guyhx_guy Member Posts: 41
    What about the $1000 Conquest incentive from Mercedes Financial? Has that already been applied?
    I'm picking up virtually the exact same car today. My pricing was $200 over invoice before incentives, which included $500 in auto show cash and the $1000 conquest incentive. That brought my net pricing to $13000 under invoice.

Hope that helps!
  • sommysommy Member Posts: 2
    I was close to that, but I didn't have the conquest available to me. I was able to get about 500 below invoice, which I was very happy with.
  • bon2012bon2012 Member Posts: 2
    C300 4Matic, P1, Multimedia, MSRP 45,5xx. Negotiated price 41,8xx, + acquisition fee $7xx, + prepaid service for 2 yrs $6xx, + license fee of $19x, total cap cost $434xx. + $2xx in added accessories
    24 mo lease, 12K/yr. MF 0.00092, Residual 69%. Monthly pmt $600 including tax :-(
    was in a rush + a very snobby dealership. didn't want to wait/haggle. FYI
  • jacobsmithjacobsmith Member Posts: 3
    :) My mind was constantly thought over to buy a Benz. So I thought that it is the right time to buy a classic car like Mercedes Benz c-class. My friend bought a subaru outback since he lives in Arizona from a dealer found through www.unocardealers.com So i followed his advice and bought a Benz c class from a dealer nearer to my residential area. :shades: :shades:
  • jacobsmithjacobsmith Member Posts: 3
    :) My mind was constantly thought over to buy a Benz. So I thought that it is the right time to buy a classic car like Mercedes Benz c-class. My friend bought a subaru outback since he lives in Arizona from a dealer found through www.unocardealers.com So i followed his advice and bought a Benz c class from a dealer nearer to my residential area. :shades: :shades:
  • luckyj1luckyj1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, we paid 42,500 (OTD, incl tax & license fees) for a 2012 C250 sport in Iridium Silver with the following options:

1) premium package 1
    2) multimedia package
    3) lane tracking package
    4) heated front seats
    5) keyless go

is this a good deal?
  • bingxubingxu Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buying a 2011 C300 (4 dr, sport) from a local dealer (certified). It was a loaner car and has 13k on it. Dealer is asking for $30994 + $700 documentation fee. The car is in excellent condition

Is that reasonable or on the high Side?

Thanks
    Suren
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    This might be apples and oranges, but at the end of October, 2011, I purchased a C250, equipped as follows:

C250W $34,800
    040 Black
    121 Black MB Tex
    P01 P01 Premium I Package: SiriusXM Satellit $2,500
    873 : Heated Front Seats
    810 : harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1
    536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    287 : Split Folding Rear Seats
    275 : Power Dr.Seat & Steering Col. w/ Memory
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    U22 : 4-Way Lumbar Support
    R95 17" 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
    S32 S32 COMAND Single Disc Package: 7.0" Hig $930
    527 : COMAND System w/ Hard-Drive Navigation
    396 : Voice Control
    07P Germany
    104 Rear Deck Spoiler $300
    333 333 Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Me
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    952 : Sportline Package
    772 : AMG Sportline
    486 : Sport Suspension
    4U4 : Radiator grill with central star
    739 Aluminum Trim
    SUBTOTAL $38,530
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $39,405

I ended up paying $32, 800
    Considering the 2013 models are out, it's a pretty terrible price on a *used* car. Whatever they want to call it, it's used. Cars Direct has a 2012 C250 with 0 miles on it (new) for $1000 more locally. IMO, the difference between the C250 and C300 is essentially nothing worth getting excited over.

Nada says that car is worth:
    26,400 - 28,250 - 32,200 Dealer paid for it (wholesale): ~$24000.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/squeeze-play-2012-bmw-328i-sedan-vs- .-2012-mercedes-benz-c250-sport/2012_mercedes-benz_c250_sport_page_2

IMO, the C250 Sport is a better car as it's a lot less expensive and has almost the exact same HP as the C300. Just, it's slightly quicker thanks to the turbo. Also, there's the fact that it's the newer/refreshed style. And of course, that 5mpg or so difference. I'd look at a new 2012 C250 instead. If you wait about a month, the incentives will start and then you'll be looking at close to 30K.
  • scottybscottyb Member Posts: 83
    Preparing to buy C250 Luxury Sedan with Multimedia Pkg, Premium Pkg, Keyless Go, and Metallic paint. MSRP $43,335; Quote is $39,100 (9.77% off MSRP) less $2,000 Winter Event incentive, total $37,100. Dealer is in PA. Dealer in NJ quoted $37,500.

Can anyone recommend a northeast/mid-atlantic dealership that would be willing to give closer to 12% off MSRP?
    Also, the C250 is quite a bit lighter.
  • pitbull1980pitbull1980 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone recently purchase a CPO C300 and wants to share good dealer experience and best pricing they found in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area? Thanks in advance.
  • yaya12yaya12 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    I bought a C250 coupe in July, 2013 at a Chicago suburb dealership.
    Model: 2013 C250 coupe with P1
    MSRP: $42,xxx.
    I got 8K off MSRP, which is 34,xxx + TTL.
    The car is a showroom display car with less than 30 miles.
  • tinttitintti Member Posts: 2
    Any idea what the reasonable price is now for the same car?

I am planning to put my trigger in two weeks.

Thanks