Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• for $24,750, with premium option package, automatic, desert silver, cd changer, 11,850 miles. It was a "dealers" car. Traded in my 2000 Golf GLS 1.8T, got 9K for it, had 52,000 miles on it. Did I get a fair deal? The car is in like new condition. Bought from Mercedes on Van Ness Ave in San Francisco. Hope the car does not make too many visits to the shop. It's a Starmark certified used car, with a total of four years warranty. Rides much nicer than the Golf, much quieter, the electronics concern me for reliabilty issues.
  • spicy320spicy320 Posts: 10
    Just got the car a few weeks ago (from a dealer in the SF Bay Area) with the following:
    - Premium Pkg (Panorama Roof, Bose, Blk Leather)
    - Metallic Paint
    - 6CD Changer
    - Auto Trans
    - and of course the 17" rims, etc. that come standard (wish I got the Bi-Xenon as well though)

$32,000 out-the-door
  • jen2398jen2398 Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a new 2004 C230 Kompressor Sedan (brilliant silver metallic, ash leather interior)with sunroof package and 6 disc changer. What is a reasonable out-the-door price(after everything including TTL)? There is a $2,250 manufacturer to dealer cash incentive on the car until 5/31, so I think I should be able to get a pretty low price, especially since 2005's are coming in. So far I have a quote for $33,500 out-the-door which I think is still way too high. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!
  • jeff193jeff193 Posts: 29
    Bought a C230 Kompressor sedan. Pewter (670$)..heated seats sunroof etc pacakage, and the automatic.

Sticker was 34985$..

You wont beleive what i haggeld it down to...they are also throwing in a free pinstrpe with initials,....alltogether....

29790$

What do u guys think of that ???? pewter with Charcoal leather interior, did i mention In dash CD?
  • g17g17 Posts: 45
    I think you're crazy....nobody should put a pinstripe on a Mercedes, its completely tacky. And whats with the initials? Are you a rapper?
    Call the dealership as soon as possible and call off this atrocity.
  • grneyesgrneyes Posts: 12
    Got quoted a killer price on a C320 sedan sunroof, cdchanger. $33,375, $4700 below invoice on dealer stock '04 last week. This was internet-generated, and $1K under carsdirect! Started talking about other avail. colors, he said he could get same model, same options by doing a trade with another dealer. We found the car and got ready to do the deal, and found the car at the other dealer was produced later in the year than the first, and there was a manufacturer's price increase. Now, the model I want is $1000 more simply because he made an error in the quote. Faxed me the invoices, showing that one had an earlier ship date and a $1,000 lower MSRP.
    My choice is to take a color I don't want or pay extra. Does this sound right?
  • decsdecs Posts: 8
    Any indication on what type of deals posible on '05 C-Class in the DC metro area...shopping 2005 C230K within the next 2 months. Thanks.
  • beersnob1beersnob1 Posts: 2
    Just got a 2004 C-230 Sedan and thought I would pass along the specifics. The car is brilliant silver with 5-speed auto, 6 disc changer and sun roof package. MSRP was $34,050, invoice was $31,717 and we got it for $30,317. We bought the car at Schumacher European in Scottsdale, AZ. They had a few more '04s on the lot and expected the '05s anyday
    We are very happy with the deal and my wife loves the car.
    Jeff
  • sbardaysbarday Posts: 1
    Have you had any issues with your C230 coupe? I'm looking to purchase a certified pre-owned C230 2003 model. Am looking for an automatic with panoramic sun roof, leather seats, power driver's seat, cd changer, rearview dimmer, rain sensing wipers, and approx 13K miles. Have been quoted $21525 as wholesale price with 3.9% APR. Would you consider this a good deal? Also, what are the added charges that I should consider and how much does it come up to approx? CA state tax is 8.5%, smog $80, registration $200. anything else I'm missing out on?
    Also, how does one interpret the inspection points on the pre owned cars?
    Thanks!
  • grneyesgrneyes Posts: 12
    Just closed a deal on '04 C320, metallic paint, CD changer, sunroof package, leather inserts,
    $34343.

RAB Motors, Marin County, CA. There are still some '04's on the lots that were delivered pre-price increase in Feb. '04. They quoted me about $1,000 less on those.

Selling my baby, '93 190E. Rides like a limo. A few too many shop visits for me in the past year though. Time for her to go.. Hope I can get used to this new world of sport suspensions.
  • orionc230korionc230k Posts: 1
    Just got my C230K sedan last Friday. Orion blue/charcoal, HID, automatic, Bose audio, heated seats, sunroof, CD changer. Paid $30,600, which was $5,500 below MSRP.

Bought it at Penske in socal. Comfortable buying experience. 2004.5 model is real nice.
  • highenderhighender Posts: 1,362
    in April and ahe bought a 2004 C230 sports coupe with panorama roof, 6 disc CD, leather, auto, metalllic blue, for car direct price of $27,700
    out the door for $29,800 and change...

great car....beat the Audi A4 in acceleration.
  • kvissakvissa Posts: 1
    Just got my very own brand spanking new 2004 C230 Sports Coupe. Excited as hell! Here is the low-down:
    Exterior: Red
    Interior: Blk Heated Leather seats.
    Options: Auto, Panorama sun-roof, 6CD Chgr, Bose system (8 speakers), Rain-sensing wipers, Bi-xenon head-lights, 17" wheels with alloy rims.
    Got the car for $29,174 with 0.9% APR for 60 mos. Bought the extended warranty - 7 yrs, 100,000 miles for abt $2800.
    I used this message board/forum and edmunds.com in general in order to get a good deal. So a BIG THANK YOU to every one of you for posting your experiences!
    The car is a blast to drive. Tremendous power. Feels more powerful than the advertised 192 HP.
    Bought the car at Bellevue Barrier Mercedes. I had the best time shopping there. The staff was extremely courteous, and willing to show you a wide range of cars, and negotiate a good deal. Will post some more observations abt the car once I get over the euphoria!
  • acura2000acura2000 Posts: 17
    Are dealers offering much discounts with the new 05 models? The best I have been able to do so far is $500 off MSRP.
  • angelangel Posts: 2
    Hi:
    I'm working with a dealer on a c-320 - 2004 sedan. What is a good price to pay?
  • kevin111kevin111 Posts: 991
    just curious?
  • angelangel Posts: 2
    I just got a brand new 2004 C320 Silver metallic for $33150. It took a bit of haggling, but since the dealers are already cleaning for the 2005 models, I guess they are willing to move them out.
  • always49always49 Posts: 29
    I'd like to share my experience with all of the Edmunds.com's friends here.

Traced Edmunds.com and other sources for couple months, utilized Cardirect.com too, and test drove couple times at dealers. Finally figured out what I really wanted. I live at North California (Bay Area). The deal was made on the last day of June:

2004 C230K Sports Sedan(4Dr), Stick Shift (6sp), Black ext (not metallic, saved $600) and Ash Int. 6CD Changer, Sunroof Package.

Cost:
    Price of the car: $26,700
    Doc Fee: $45
    Some Tire Fee: $5
    Tax: $2,000 more (don't remember the exact number)
    License Fee: $225 (dealer estimated, will return extra if there is any)

Total out door: $29,185 for the car
    Bought 4yr/50,000mi Luxury tire/wheel road disaster insurance $299
    Then the total is $29,484.

Also was offered 7yr/100,000mi ext warranty at $2,380. I'll buy it soon.

I bought a 2000 BMW 328i before. Two things we don't like:
    1. Automatic Transmission (even w/Steptronic)
    2. Black int. leather.

Now we got all we want. Ash leather is a beauty! It matches so well with the Aluminum trim. Black ext with the 3-pointed chrome star, man! It’s a dream coming true. Me and my wife are just politely fighting for drive. The car was originally for me, but she has already moved our two carseats from our MDX to the 230K. Well, at least she happy, me happy.

Here, I want to thank all of you with your posts. I also want to give my special appreciation to Edmunds.com. I am your loyal reader since 1999.

Thank you all again with our love. You all have a happy I-Day!
  • Dear Always49,

I am purchasing a C230Kompressor this week and I am between 2 dealers. I can get a silver ext. with charcoal leather, 6cd changer,panoramic sun roof and auto trans. for 26,900 possible 26,500 with 1.9 apr. or a black ext. with ash leather at the other dealer for about 2k more.

I have had a black cars for 10+ years and swore I would not buy one again. My car is parked in a high school parking lot from 7am to 3 or 4pm in hot Louisiana sun. Do you find the black w/ash leather hot when you get in?
     I also go back and forth with the manual vs. auto thing- I adore driving w/ a stick shift but drive an auto for now- and do so 50mi r/t each day...the a.m. is great as I can virtually "fly " to school but the p.m. is bumper to bumper traffic and takes 2x as long as the am. MY family thinks I should do auto for that reason as well as for resale value.

I welcome opinions this is my first entry and I will let you all know what I decide by the end of the week. Thanks.
  • is there any recent buyers of 2005 c230k sedan? if u did...can u guyz tell me how much u paid for this car and what special stuff u guyz put in???
  • always49always49 Posts: 29
    Hi Artiste9,

Sorry for the late reply.

Maybe this post is too late for you, but I still like you to share my experience.

Black ext. color is hot under sun, but it's much cooler if the int. is light color. Ash is a good choice. At work I park my MB directly under the sunshine, never under shade of trees (no tree sap or bird droppings). Comparing with my previous BMW 328i black/black, my MB black/ash is pretty cool. In the mean while I lift up the sunroof, so that the hot air goes out all the time. Even with a silver color, the car body is still very hot under the sunshine. I think mostly it depends on the int color of the material which stores the heat. IMHO, I'll never choose a silver. It's too popular here (california). No color can compete with black if the car is a MB or BMW. Go and choose the black one.

Auto or 6sp? It's totally a personal preference. In my family, we have no doubt to buy a stickshift. My wife loves stickshift only, if it's a sport car. Especially C230K is relatively under power. I felt its hesitation while test driving an automatic C230. 6sp is much better, even though the 1st gear is easy to hit the redlines. About bumper to bumper traffic, I may choose an automatic, but it will loose the meaning of buying a sport sedan like MB C230. You need to make your call.

Let me know what you finally bought and how you feel about it. Definitely you'll love C230K. It's a Benz. I enjoy it everyday.
  • zip1zip1 Posts: 1
    Just got a quote for a 2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan, Black/Charcoal, auto trans, sunroof, 6 CD changer. List- $33150, Price quoted $30881 (Invoice). Is this a good deal?
  • kkics1kkics1 Posts: 11
    Hello all...
    Just curious what the thoughts are of an 04 vs 05. The 04 has maintenance picked up for 4/50, where the 05 does not.

I was quoted $29,900 for a 2004 Capri Blue/Ash 4 door with Auto, Sunroof, heated seats and cd. I see zip1 was quoted $1k more for the 2005. Any thoughts if the price is good or should I hold off for an 05 when those rebates hit next spring/summer?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    Just my opinion, but the interior of the 2005 looks much nicer than that of the 2004. The instrumentation is more complete with a separate tach. The instruments are round and have chrome bezels. I prefer the look and sound of the radio as well. The body work on the sport model is more subtle too. I'd pay the extra $1k IF that were the only difference.
  • swamyswamy Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I believe u are talking about C230K Coupe. I got a 2005 model for $28900 with following options :
    Capri Blue
    Auto Transmission
    Sunroof package
    Ash Leather
    6 CD changer
    Fronted Heat Seats
  • mickzmickz Posts: 1
    Does the $28900 price include tax and destination charges?....thanks.
  • I just traded my 2001 C240 for a demo 2004 C230 Kompressor. I bought it last Saturday and took delivery Tuesday. I brought it in yesterday to change the front passenger marker light on the bumber. When I asked the Service advisor why the light was broken, this is when I was told that is probably happened when they repainted the bumper. I was shocked to learn the bumper had been repainted. I called the sales person and told him so. He offered to order and replace the repaired bumper with a new one. I said I did not want a car that had been repainted. At the end of a long discussion he said he will explore whether he can find another 2004 to switch the cars. I would appreciate your thoughts. Is a new bumper ok. Should I proceed with trying to replace the car? he said the only way to ensure no repainting done on a car is to buy a new one. The reason I did not but a 2005 is that it would have cost me an extra $5,000. I live in Canada. Kindly provide your advice. Thanks.
    Just my 2 cents, but I'd make them trade out the car for another '04. There are still plenty around to choose from. I wouldn't trust the dealer to tell me the true extent of the damage if he wasn't honest enough to disclose the damage when you bought the car.
  • Dear "Vinnyny":
    Thanks for your input. I followed the direction you suggested. The salesman has been very good, and located an identical car with same number of kilometers. It has one extra option, wiper sensor, whatever that is. I will have a look at the car tomorrow (saturday). I asked for the VIN # of the vehicle and had the assistant service manager at the MB dealership where I have my car serviced to review the service history of the vehicle. He said he saw no items of concern, in fact no items that needed repair. Also I checked with the government body that registers motor vehicles, and confirmed that Mercedes Benz is the registered owner of the vehicle they located, and that it had no previous owners. I am proceeding with a little more caution this time. I hope the car checks out tomorrow. I have found this whole situation a bit stressful. I will let you know how it turns out.
    Good job! I love when people stand up to the dealer and get what they want/deserve.