Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• donaldsamdonaldsam Member Posts: 5
    Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood in Washington has the best selection and price. The manager I talked to was Danny Santos and their price is anywhere from $500 - $1000 over invoice depending on options and equipment on a C-300 and C350.
    You can find his info at www.mblynnwood.com under "contact us".
  • rajatkrajatk Member Posts: 2
    I am negotiating with a dealer in CT for the following:

2008 C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD with the following options -
    Iridium Silver Color,
    Sport Package and
    Premium 1 Package - MSRP of 37,325 including destination charge.
    Invoice Price per carsdirect.com - 34,766

The current offer that I have from one of the dealers in the area for this vehicle is 35,200.

Is this a good deal? Should I be able to do any better?

TIA.
  • be325be325 Member Posts: 91
    Folks at Lokey in Clearwater ( FL) treated us very well. We ordered Palladium Silver, with black interior c300 Lux in October and put our deposit in November. On December 22, they told us that the car was ready for delivery. We were happy with the purchase and the total came to 31,772 plus taxes and other things ... OTD $34,700 (this figure included installation of the Sport Grille which we also ordered ahead of time.) Lokey treated us well throughout the process. So finally, we wrote the check, completed dozens of forms and got the keys. It was at that time that we were told by the sales manager (Courtney) that Lokey was giving us a present! We thought it was a box of sweets. ......the car had the Premium Package 1 worth $1400.00! Needless to say, our buying experience was excellent even before but this was a real surprise.
    If you go to Lokey, ask for Mr. Courtney.
  • diakonosdiakonos Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone test drove a c300 6-speed manual ? I've called all the dealerships all over the LA area and no one has it at this time. How did you like it? Did they quote you under MSRP for the car? Thanks for your help in advance.
  • dapupsterdapupster Member Posts: 5
    They will sell this 2007 C280W to me w/ all the options below for $28,900. Car has 1210 miles on it (was a demo model, never titled).

C280W
    $33,400
    Black
    Black MB Tex
    ***** STANDARD ACCESSORIES *****
    H05 High Gloss Laurel Wood Trim
    K12 Factory Code
    K14 Factory Code
    R20 C-Wagon 805 Wheel
    U12 Floormats
    07Q Factory Code
    Super Plush Floor Mats
    Power Passenger Seat w/Memory
    License Plate Holder
    Delete Elegance Badging
    Power Dr Seat/Steering Col w/Memory
    Ashtray
    Cup Holders
    7-Speed Automatic Transmission
    English Inscriptions
    Emission Equipment
    Paint Protection
    Double Sun Visors
    Anti-Theft Alarm System
    Seats: (Top Tether Anchor)
    Climate Control-Manual
    First Aid Kit
    Collective Code
    Sea Packing & Dispatch
    Heavy Duty Battery
    Spare Wheel (Mini)
    Remote Key w/Panic Button
    2007 Registration Year
    Cooling Amplifier
    Elegance Edition

***** OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES *****
    320 Entertainment Package: CD Changer, h
    $1,460
    387 : Cell Phone Prewiring
    536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    Page 2
    810 : Harman/Kardon Sound System
    819 : 6-Disc CD Changer
    324 Sunroof Package: Glass Sunroof, Powe
    $1,790
    232 : Garage Door Opener
    249 : Autodimming Mirror
    345 : Rain Sensor Wipers
    414 : Glass Sunroof
    540 : Power Rear-Window Sunshade
    Radio Audio 20 w/Single CD
    Heated Front Seats
    $680
    SUBTOTAL
    $37,330
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY
    $775
    TOTAL
    $38,105
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I got more than $10k off MSRP on my 07 C350 in late August. There's probably a few more bucks left in your deal. One caveat: if you have small children, make sure to check that the car has child safety locks on the rear doors. My C Class doesn't and my three-year-olds figured it out in the first five minutes. I didn't realize the car didn't have them until the first time they opened the doors at speed. Good luck!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Really? A 4-door Mercedes without safety locks on the back doors?

I'm stunned.. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was incredulous when I discovered that it doesn't have the child safety locks. It's got the LATCH system, side airbags and just about every other safety feature, but no safety locks on the rear doors. There is a small hole where the switch for it should be, but it's not for safety locks. I called three different dealers just to make sure and they were all as surprised as I was.

I spoke with the GM of the dealer where I bought the car and he advised me that Mercedes thinks it's more important that you can escape from the car after an accident...I'm still skeptical.
    We have C300 and we programed the system that all doors lock automatically at 9mph. Our adult guests couldn't open their doors until I (the driver) opened my door.
    My locks are set the same way. However, the kids can pull up the lock buttons and unlock the door at any time. On the 08 models, the buttons are located toward the front of the door while the 07 has them adjacent to the kids' heads-- making them an easy reach from a booster seat. I was going to twist the buttons off, but the MB tech told me that the metal base would stick up anyway. I'm about to put Vaseline on the darn things so I don't have to trade the car in before my kids grow out of this phase.
  • casper1022casper1022 Member Posts: 24
    What have you all paid for your C350 2008? I just received word my vehicle has just arrived and is in the dealer for pick up. The new invoice they say has gone up a little so with options I purchased (leather seats/tele aid/nav system) the quoted invoice is 41,131. Is this a good price? I noticed though, when I reviewed the invoice, I saw this code IRG $600, I know for a fact this is an advertising cost they try to pass on to buyers, IS THIS NEGOTIABLE? I have not given them the check yet and will try to negotiate this part of the deal. Any comments?? Would appreciate any information. Thanks all. :surprise:
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    The ad fee is legit (it's part of the invoice), so you know it's not some bogus dealer add on fee.
  • genesis7genesis7 Member Posts: 1
    This is unbelievable. On edmunds.com, the invoice price of C300Lux+metallic paint+P1=$33,756 minus 3% deals holdback, the cost to the dealer is $32,743. So the dealer is selling the care at a loss of $971? It's remarkable.
    I think the cost to the dealer is 29.5-30k, perhaps even less. So, the dealer is making a nice profit. They also want as many of the new cars on the road as possible. No dealer is giving away anything! We agreed upon the price 34.5k out the door (in mid-November) and had it in writing (2008 C300 Lux with metallic paint being the only option) before January 2008. We paid the required 1k deposit in mid-November and waited for a call. When we came to get the car before Christmas, we assumed that our car was as ordered. When the keys were handed out to us and we gave the nice people our Christmas cards, the sales manager told us ...."we have a gift for you too' ... your car has the P01 package because we couldn't get the car you wanted in time so, we got an identical one from our lot. ...... we are in competition with other dealers, this is the end of the year, we have competition going on among the sales people .... etc, etc.
    Well, we were happy about the car and the price we paid. Yes, on a few cold mornings, we used the heated seats and like the other P01 options but we could do without them. I hope this helps.
  • yazzychicyazzychic Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to purchase a C-Class in Dallas, TX with the following options.

Has anyone had any luck getting it close to invoice prices in Dallas...or in surrounding cities? I'm willing to drive to surrounding states.

C300 Sport
    -- Arctic White with Black leather interior & aluminum trim
    -- Multimedia package
    -- P2 - Premium II
    -- 18" AMG wheels
    -- Automatic transmission
    -- Quickpark
    -- Rear spoiler

Any advice on the best way to approach dealerships? I am a costco executive member...but would it be better for me to email the Internet Manager or Fleet Manager instead of getting a Sales person involved?

Any help will be much appreciated...I haven't bought a new car in years, and really want to get the best deal possible.

Thanks!!
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Have negotiated for 3 MB's that I have found on the internet. Contact the Internet sales person or the sales mgr. I have had better luck with the sale mgr, as they can make decisions and you usually avoid all the back and forth bs.
    If you really want to save money find a late model of the car you want(preferably certified). In the last 3 yrs I have found a 05 SLK350 with 1800 mi.--an 05 E320CDI with only 3500mi and 18 mos old and last summer an E350 2yrs old--certified and 21,000 mi. These were bought from dealers and I did not commit until I made a personal inspection. Forgot that also found and bought a 07 SLK350 5 months old with 2700mi. Negotiated better price before I bought.
    MBUSA has a great preowned inventory site where you can possibly locate the car you want on a national scale. Yes I have bought cars from Florida to St. Louis. Never spent more than $500 and 2 days to pick them up.
    If you want to buy NEW you can still use the internet. Many sites available. Good luck.
    Thanks!

I'm looking to buy the new 2008 model... should I just email the Sales Manager with all the specs I'm looking for?
    If possible email SEVERAL dealers. See who responds and at what price. Then compare responses. You need as many as possible to find out who is willing to deal. After responses you can either respond by email or phone. I would call the sales mgr. when I was ready to make a commitment and try once more for the best possible price. Maybe the dealer would be willing to offer something of value over and above price as well. You will never know until you try. Be careful when someone asks you to come to the dealership to negotiate. Then you are on their home turf and at a big disadvantage. You have to keep banging away but it is worth it.Big hint. The best time to buy is the LAST 2-3 days of the month when they are anxious to make their sales quota.
    Thanks so much!!! I will definitely try emailing first and negotiating with many dealers before making a deal!

Let me know if you think of any other pointers!

What deal did you get?
  • choppe01choppe01 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Host. Can you please give me a lease price with the current money rate for a 2008 C Class. The Selling price of the car will be 39,000. A 24 month (assuming it is avail) or the typical 27,33,36 month. We are putting a total of 2000 down which will include first month payment. Credit is 750+. Is that all the info you need? 10,000 mi per year. Thanks for your help.
    Need the full MSRP to get an accurate residual value. Is there any additional dealer markup stickers (ADM) for such things as chrome rims, that is not listed on the factory window sticker?

Sport or Luxury? 4-matic?
    Should I email the Internet Manager, Fleet Manager, or Sales Manager at the dealerships?
    I just got a quote for $500 over invoice...has anyone received a better deal for the below?

C350 Sports Sedan

P2
    Multimedia package
    Ipod integration

Thanks!
    I recommend you call and ask to speak with the fleet director first, if not available, ask for the fleet manager. If you e-mail the sales manager directly, chances are he/she will simply spoon feed your deal over to a retail salesman who has zero authority to make a deal. It all depends on how a particular dealer operates.

If you decide to e-mail, mention that you're ready to buy and fielding bids from multiple dealers and you'll buy from the lowest bidder. You can also mention that you want to deal directly with someone who has the authority to "desk their own deals."

The bottom line... if lowest price is most important, you need to find a volume dealer that wh*res out their cars and isn't concerned with holding gross. You'd be surprised, lots of dealer's have huge egos and believe their vehicles are worth every penny of the window sticker.

Good Luck!
    Nothing wrong with $500 over on a Merc. Sure, there might be a bit more wiggle room, but the price you were quoted is better than fair. Just an opinion , of course.

Good luck!
    Not sure which model you were looking for, so I posted all the c-class numbers for this month...

2008 Mercedes C300 Luxury
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00275
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00255
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00255
    60 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00330

2008 Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00270
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00250
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00250

2008 Mercedes C300 Sport
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00275
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00255

2008 Mercedes C300 Sport 4matic
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00270
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00250
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00250

2008 Mercedes C350 Sport
    24 Month – Residual 65% of MSRP – .00275
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00255

Add 3% to the residuals listed above for a 10,000 mile/yr lease.
    You asked what deal I got. I don't buy new. I buy slightly used. Have bought last 3 MB's each with less than 5,000 mi. on them. It takes a while but it's worth it. In 2005 bought an almost new (90 days old) 2005 SLK350 with only 1,800 mi on it for almost 17% off msrp. This was only 6 mos. after introduction of new model. 2 yrs later traded it on a 2007 SLK350 ( 5 months old and only 2700 mi ) for same type of discount. The 2007 had $5,000 more equipment than the 2005. Differance out of pocket at trade time was less than $10,000.
    Bought both SLK's in early Feb when convertible sales were slow.
  • datkinsdatkins Member Posts: 11
    Invoice price via Kelly - 36849

Selling price - 36560 plus Tax/Tags & 99.00 processing.

I traded in a 2007 Honda Pilot, and was able to pretty much get same as Carmax offered - which was almost right at Kelly Blue Book price for Excellent condition vehicle.

This deal was in the Washington DC metro area. I found at least 2 dealers were willing to quote via the internet at right around invoice for a C300.

This is my first Mercedes, hopefully not the last. I'm liking it so far !!

BTW, the Barolo Red is really a sweet color, you have to see it to really appreciate it, there aren't a lot on the lots from what I've seen.

:)
  • fallon511fallon511 Member Posts: 4
    I am emailed 3 different dealerships in the MD-VA area and the best offer that I have received is $2500.00 off of MSRP. Is this fair or has anyone received a better discount? Please let me know, I am looking to make a decision within the next 2 weeks.
  • jelly5jelly5 Member Posts: 3
    hey guys,

I expect my new C350 to be in my hands next week. It arrives to the port tomorrow and usually takes another week till it arrives at my dealer in manhattan. Before I go in there with the check I would like to know if maybe I can bring down the price a little more. They have taken off 1,000 of the final costs with all options. This is the package I would get:

C350 white
    package 1&2
    multimedia package
    iPod intergration kit
    panorama roof
    18" amg twin spoke rims
    total: 43,500

Please let me know if you think that the price can be brought down some more.
    i got mine for $500 over invoice... exact same, except I didn't get the Panorama or 18" rims
  • jelly5jelly5 Member Posts: 3
    when you say that you got it $500 over msrp, what do you mean? I really don't know this terminology. It's my first time buying a car so I'm new to this. Please explain. :)
  • sperrysperry Member Posts: 15
    I'm expecting mine next week as well.

C350 - Borolo Red
    Leather Seats
    Package 2
    Multimedia
    18" Wheels
    Tele Aid
    Total: $42,778 (Invoice)

I also have added the Low Ride tire insurance since the 18" wheels are low ride and can be damaged much easier than the 17" tire.
    :)
    I like jelly5 post.
    What model and options, where and what was the cost before taxes. Taxes vary from state to state and county to county. Simple and clear talk. Forget the invoice, Edmunds, etc. I want to know what others paid or are willing to pay.
    Remember, dealer will not sell at a loss! Always negotiate from your lowest offer .....up .... if you really like that car and are willing to pay more or if you need to have it today.
    In our case, after we told the salesman that we were going to look at other options, we got the $1000 (loyalty MB discount). We signed the papers a few days later (the best offer was still good) because we liked the car, the modified price and the buying experience.
    MSRP and invoice are different. from what i understand..."invoice" is what the dealer pays for the car. you should be able to google "difference between invoice and msrp"
  • carabelcarabel Member Posts: 43
    Are dealer incentives off MSRP or off invoice ? There is at least a 2K incentive on the C300. Can bonuses be combined ?
    There are currently no incentives on the C-Class that I am aware of.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    Yeah, I know of no incentives on the '08 C - no need for that at this point.
    So if I buy now without incentives, the best I can hope for pricing wise is come close to invoice less some loyalty bonus. How much for loyalty ?
    What "loyalty bonus"?

You can bargain up from invoice, and depending on the market where you live, do very well in pricing on this car right now. But there are no dollars hiding in the corn crib - anybody getting a "loyalty bonus" from a dealer is just playing with rhetoric - there are no nationwide programs of any kind, beyond the usual monthly financing deals, on the C. Everything else is "bargaining / negotiating", whatever one chooses to call it.....

If you have been an MBCA member for at least a full year, then you can get a $1500 debit card that can be used at any dealer in the US, provided you apply within 60 days of closing the deal. That's it, as far as "loyalty" goes.
    Someone got a 1,000 loyalty bonus according to one of the past threads. In any event, no urgency. Let's see how the competition plays out and what MB is prepared to do to keep their existing customers within their brand name.
    That was exactly my point - that post referred to dollars that the dealer kicked in, not to any organized effort on the part of MBUSA. That the dealer decided this was a "loyalty bonus" is strictly semantics - rather than refer to it as just.... ahem.... a discount.

As always, as the model year starts to wane, and the economy wanes as well, I expect MBUSA will be at the table with incentive money - it's about as inevitable as the sun coming up. But not right now.
    Yes, right you are regarding competition. Since you are so knowledgeable, how much wiggle room does one have with an MB trade for 2006 C230 outside of KBB. Car only has 24K miles vs mostly 30K miles that our local dealer have on their lots for certified pre-owned. They are selling those CPO's for 29K or so. Car is in excellent condition. I'm happy with the MB brand despite some seemingly negative reliability reviews, ie squeaky brakes and don't have a problem with the current 2006 C230. Competition is starting to look pretty attractive with better reliability numbers. With the C300 a new release - it gives me a slight pause. So it all boils down to pricing.
    Well, a couple of points come to mind:

-Don't look for anything from a dealer in excess of KBB wholesale for any car in trade. It won't happen.
    -Don't be deceived by their asking prices on CPO cars - that's a starting point for the inevitable negotiations. The extra warranty might be worth $1k or so...otherwise, bargaining starts from KBB wholesale and moves up until the right number is found; they can ask $29k until the cows come home, but that doesn't get it sold at that price.
    -Our '08 C300 Lux has 6k miles, and 7 months under its belt. So far, there have been no issues, and the driving experience is truly a step up from the W203 C - smoother, quieter, much better handling, just better all around. From my monitoring of several online forums, the car has been remarkably problem-free in its first year - I don't know where you're reading "negative reliability reviews" - it's been at least as reliable as its German competition, all of which are seasoned cars. I've heard of 3 issues, none of which have affected us so far: the squeaky brakes, some cars with wind noise [seems to be related to door seals], and a problem with snow getting into the heater blower if it's allowed to accumulate on the outside air intake. And so far, all of these are clearly among a minority of owners.

You have to decide for yourself, of course....in large urban markets, no one seems to have to struggle to get 5% or a bit more off MSRP on a new W204 C. I had to pay MSRP because I wanted the car last August [ours was the first production car delivered in the NW region] so we could have it for a long road trip. I have no regrets about the car or what we paid.
    The MSRP for the above is $44,400 and invoice is 41,351. Your over $2,000 over invoice. In my opinion you should be able to do better.

I ordered mine in December and it arrives this week. I paid $1,000 over invoice and have heard of people getting it down to $500 over invoice. There are many dealers in NY that you can do comparisons with. The only issue I see is this vehicle was a custom order which means no Dealer Holdback so they may be trying to recoop the loss.

Just my 2 cents.
    There is also the Dealer Holdback. The dealer Holdback is applied to vehicles that are sold from the dealers inventory. It is anywhere from 1-3% that is paid to the dealer from the manufacturer. Not sure what Mercedes percentage is.

The Dealer Holdback does not apply for Custom Ordered Vehicles.

So if you custom order a vehicle and negotiate a selling price of $500 over invoice the dealers only profit is the $500. They may try to make up some of the profit in the financing, so be careful. Know the numbers before you talk to any dealer.

This is what I was told several years ago so if this is incorrect my appologies.
    Thanks for your points. Like I said I like MB brand and our C230 was problem free. Reliability issues are statistically more prevalent on new car designs or any new releases. I'll keep you posted on how I get on with this trade. But I am prepared to walk away from MB if we can't agree with pricing. After all, BMW has a nicer shade of blue - in my opinion only. And pretty sure BMW will be only be too happy to take my trade for one of their comparable models. And we like to switch the cars out every 3 years fully owned not lease.
    ... is finally home. C300 Sport with Capri blue metallic, P01, Multimedia, automatic. She looked lean and mean and positively gorgeous as she came up our driveway. A bit late to take her for a joyride but she'll get plenty of showtime over the next few days. Thanks for your threads, it made getting a deal on this one more fun and adventurous. With MSRP of 38925, the best we can do is settle for a little under invoice and 38K OTD inclusive of a 20K trade on a C230 2006. And I'm happy to have done this deal with our hometown dealer in FL who was very polite and professional as expected of MB dealerships. I hope the car will be as trouble free as the C230.

Carabel
  • tom215tom215 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm new with this forum. Please tell me did you get the car? If yes, what dealer ship and what did you pay for it. Thanks TP :)
  • tom215tom215 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for a C 300 Sport 4 Matic in black, with P01 Package, Im in MD_VA area. What do you guy paid for, and what dealer??? Please let me know I need to buy it next week.
    Thank You