Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• drew207drew207 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if the dealer holdback applies to a vehicle that is transferred in from another dealer?
  • carabelcarabel Member Posts: 43
    Dealers do deals differently at different times. No current incentives on any C right now, so price the car with options, etc., look at invoice and make a fair offer to the dealer. If the car is on their lot already, you may fare better. Some people have gotten roughly 1K below invoice. They add on a 595 dealer fee plus registration and title - about $200 for those. Tax is based on the sell price so the lower it is, the less your tax is.
  • drew207drew207 Member Posts: 4
    Pulled the trigger today:

C300 Luxury 4Matic
    Black over Savannah Leather (leather was hard to find)
    P2
    iPod adapter
    MSRP $40,600
    Price $38,600

Leasing the car and agreed that dealer would extend the money factor at the buy rate. Waiting for April numbers to come out, expect they will either stay the same or go down, am very confident they won't increase.

If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post the final numbers, but expect payment to be in the $525 neighborhood with no down payment and just typical drive off fees and tax as total due at signing.
  • tom215tom215 Member Posts: 5
    Just got it today, she looks really nice and mean, esecially with sport grill. Got it with 300 Lux,4 matic model and changed lux grill to sport grill, black ext. Because my wife love the wood and cashmere int.. Got it for $36,325.00 OTD. MSRP is $37,735.00 in Silver Spring, MD.
    Be very carefull with Finance Dept. Here is what was happen to me when I did not pay attention to numbers. As i said got it for $36325 OTD, mean tax, tag, fees, grill ect...included. Guess what??? Lady at finance office put this numbers($36,325.00) and tax, fees and everthings in and make it total of $38,727. After signed all papers. On the way home, my wife saw it and we came back to dealer and have them take it off. So be carefull.
  • jelly5jelly5 Member Posts: 3
    hey guys,
    I got my car early thursday morning and still feel like this story isn't true or seems to good to be true. This is my first Mercedes Benz and to be honest I now can tell why Mercedes Benz is Mercedes Benz. All i get is the necks turning and the stares of people looking at the car, and this is New York City. It feels good!!!! The panorama roof on my white beauty really stands out. I also had tints installed last sunday which makes its stand out even more. Nothing can explain the feeling of when my sales rep introduced me to the car. Its a memory that cant be forgotten. The car runs great, and the features are so easy to use and so up to date. If you guys really are undecided about this car, I hope that this post makes up your mind.

car description:
    C350 ( White )
    Panorama Roof
    P2
    18" Twin Spoke Alloys
    Multimedia
    Congratulations. Some people won't drive anything but an MB. Wouldn't even look at others. The reason, lots of luxuries out there which are quite noticeably nice but you only notice the car. But only MB has the brand recognition that extends to the driver. You see a benz on the road and you get curious as to who's driving it. I think MB is a great choice for that reason ... or so they say, you've arrived !
  • hlcastelohlcastelo Member Posts: 45
    HI, do you have any other information on how the $1500 incentive from MBCA can be utilized? I assume it can't be applied towards purchase or lease of vehicle?

Thank you.

Henry in Miami, FL
  • hlcastelohlcastelo Member Posts: 45
    I would like to know the kind of gas mileage owners are experiencing. Also interested if there are any issues besides the brakes.

Current lease on E320 CDI is due to expire. Thinking of moving down to C300 until the new CDI is released now delayed to 2010.

Appreciate any feedback/comments.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    As far as I know, the MBCA/MBUSA "gift card" comes in the form of an Amex debit card, which can be used at any MB dealership for whatever that dealership is willing to sell you - in other words, if their F&I department is willing to take the card as a down payment, you could use it to buy another MB, or the extended warranty, or whatever. The intent, I think, is for the card to be used for parts and service, but each dealership can decide on its own.

There is a one year limit on the card, but word is that a phone call to American Express will get it extended.

This is all by word of mouth - I've seen nothing in writing about the limitations or extendability of the card.

Remember, to be eligible, you have to have been an MBCA member for at least a continuous year, and file the claim within 60 days of buying a car.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    Our C300 Lux, with 6000 miles, gets 20-22 mpg in local suburban shopping runs, and 25-29 mpg on longer freeway runs. Pure highway driving will be between 27-30 mpg, depending on all the usual variables.

We have had no issues with our car [August '07 delivery, June build from the Bremen plant].
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    The process is explained at the back of the latest issue of the "STAR"--club magazine
  • edljiledljil Member Posts: 6
    Hi, everybody. I am hunting a C300 Sport sedan with prem I, leather and auto trans.
    Does anybody have some experience? How much over invoice should I expect?

Any experience is appreciated.
    I'll make an offer for 1K BELOW invoice and go from there. If the car that you want is already on the lot, all the better. If not, then you can offer 500 below invoice to start.
  • edljiledljil Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your information, carabel.

Is there any body purchased one? What is your price?

Thanks!
    38K inclusive of all fess - out the door. C300 Sport automatic with capri blue metallic, P01, multimedia options included. Exact spec on lot already. Deal made in FL.
  • qbccaqbcca Member Posts: 1
    When you say ALL FEES, do you mean that the sale tax was also included. If yes, what is the percentage of sale tax in Florida?
    Yes 38K out the door - all taxes, dealer fees, destination fees, registration fees included. FL sales tax is 6%. Easier to for me to say this is the max I'll pay for a car including everything - out the door. You give them X money, you sign, dealer hand the keys and you drive in your beautiful car. Up to them to figure out what part of the money pays for which.
  • kevisionkevision Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone!
    I'm just curious if I got a good price on my new C-class. I purchased a 2008 C 300 Sport 4 matic with P1, Multi media, ipod, and metallic silver paint. I paid 38,865.00. The dealer matched my carmax quote for my old car of 12,500 (a 2003 c240), and took it as a trade in. The balance financed was 26,500,00 of which i have to pay taxes on (about 1400.00). So, did I get an okay deal, or totally ripped off? I received financing through MB with a rate of 5.3%. Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any responses.

k
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    What was the MSRP of your new car?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kevisionkevision Member Posts: 2
    thank you for responding! the MSRP was 41,100.00
  • donaldsamdonaldsam Member Posts: 5
    I got a great deal from Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood in Washington several months ago on the new C-Class and decided to purchase another one for my daughter.
    I worked with the Fleet Manager, Danny Santos, since he gave me a great price on my last purchase.
    I purchased the vehicle below dealer invoice.
    The buying experience was great and stress free, no haggle no hassle.
    I'd recommend anyone in the Pacific Nowrthwest buying a Mercedes, who wants to save time and money, to work with Danny at the dealership.

Their website is www.mblynnwood.com

You can find his info under the Contact Us section of the website.
  • veeseshveesesh Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to get a new 2008 Mercedes C-300 Sport Sedan 4-MATIC with premium P1 package. I would like to know whether the one you got is 4-MATIC.

Thanks,
    Sesh
  • loveandlightloveandlight Member Posts: 19
    Hi, I just leased a C350 Sport with multi-media and AMG wheel upgrade in Houston, TX on May 17th. The finance mgr. said that the money factor was .00290 on the C350 this month ( I thought it was .00255 or .00275) and that money factors are different for each city or state, is this true? She said the new money factors came out 2 weeks ago. Could you please tell me if I got a good deal? (I did a 51 month lease to keep my payments down) Here are the numbers for the deal. Also, if it wasn't a good deal, can I go back to the dealer and talk with the General Manager if the finance person lied about the money factor? Thanks for your help!

C350 Sport - Black/Black, Multimedia and AMG Wheel Upgrade
    MSRP $41,725
    Sell Price $39221
    Acquistion Fee $1095
    Money Factor .00290
    Term 51 months/12K miles per year
    Amount Paid at Lease Signing $1000 ( 1st month pymt and fees)
    Monthly Pymt $622.73
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    got a great deal from Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood in Washington several months ago on the new C-Class and decided to purchase another one for my daughter

So that means you and your daughter both drive a C class :confuse:

The C350?

How is the driving feel road fell experience comfort etc etc
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Selling Price/Cap Cost looks good.

Acquisition fee was marked up $300 (dealer profit).

.00290 appears correct for a 51 mo term. You have to remember that rates typically rise the further you extend the term. For example, a 24 mo. mf is .00230, as opposed to a 60 mo mf of .00330 on this vehicle.

Unfortunately, there is no lease support on this particular trim level and therefore, other than a few extra hundred dollars they made from the acquisition fee, they gave you pretty much a straight-up deal with the numbers they had to work with.

No reason to go back to the dealership to make a fuss - the payment fits your budget and it's an awesome car - now enjoy the next 51 months in your new Benz.
  • veeseshveesesh Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a black, C300 sport sedan, 4 MATIC with P1 options. Anyone got this car recently? If so, can you let me know how much you got it for? (the out-the-door price) I would like to know whether the price my dealer is quoting is right. I live in Boston area. It would great if you can let me know where you got, so it will be easier for me to calculate the tax difference too.

Thanks.
  • loveandlightloveandlight Member Posts: 19
    Thank you so much for your response, I feel much better now!!! :)
  • kboxdkboxd Member Posts: 6
    I have quoted for a steel gray metallic C350 2008 base model for $34,247, before taxes and fees, over the phone. How much should I negotiate down at the dealer? Thanks for all your input.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Since that is $900 below invoice, If it wre me, I'd go down to the dealer and sit at their door until they open.... However, the plus fees would be worrisome. Then I would take that price and then tell them you want to lease the car for 27 months at the reduced C leasing rates.

The 2009 will be at your dealers next month....with power tilt/extend steering column and perhaps wood grain interior.

Note: I would not buy a new C without the multimedia package which is state of the art as far as I've seen.
  • srvlonghornsrvlonghorn Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone here judge a deal by 'cost per mile'?

For instance if I were to lease a C300 for 27months at 10,000miles per year, I would be essentially paying close to $15,000 for 22,500miles which comes to $0.67 per mile. Not including gasoline of course.

Is this acceptable?

I can appreciate the prestige and luxuries of a fine German vehicle, but I'd like to think I'm practical also.
    Well..compared to a ferrari which once out of warranty is estimated to cost $1.50 a mile on service alone....I guess $.67 is a good deal.

Try adding up all the costs..insurance,service, gas to see the real cost of driving any car. I can assure you that you will do that excercise just once...and you will think seriously about buying that scooter..

I once added up the total cost of my boat and calculated that the fish that I caught cost roughly $1000 a pound...and that was before the gas price increase. I told my wife if she wanted fish for dinner, go buy some at the local store.

Seriously...You have to have a car....so first find the least expensive car you actually would buy and figure out the cost (be realistic...you probably wouldn't drive a kia, etc). Then the only number that's meaningful is how much more it costs to drive the one you really want. You are going to spend the base cost no matter what. Now you can grapple with the additional cost of buying the C300 instead of the G35 vs whatever.
    I have just spoken to a different dealership and they offer to beat the my previous quote price for $900 less than invoice. How much should I ask for? What are the compromises? What should I watch out for? I know the dealer fee is $599, license and registration is around $200, my local tax rate is 7.75%. The Sale guy was not able to help me on 2009 because he has no deal on the new models ... so he claims.

Has anyone paid $33,500 for a base model C350 2008? All comments welcome. Thanks.
    I have just spoken to a different dealership and they offer to beat my previous internet quote price for $900 less than invoice. How much should I ask for? What are the compromises? What should I watch out for? I know the dealer fee is $599, license and registration is around $200, my local tax rate is 7.75%. The Sale guy was not able to help me on 2009 because he has no deal on the new models ... so he claims.

Has anyone paid $33,500 for a base model C350 2008? All comments welcome. Thanks.
    Since I am searching for a lowest loan rate possible. Here are a few number that I was able to call to verify for South Cali / LA area

6.49% Fiscal CU
    5.14% Bank of America
    6.84% Wachovia
    4.99% Lockheed

5.99% MB Dealer # 1
    7.50% MB Dealer # 2

I will ask around for a few more rate from Ca Union Bank, Key Point, US Bank ... and so forth. I will up date this post as I can verify for more information. If any of you guys know of a better rate some where else, please let me know. Thanks.
    How long of a term are you looking for?
  • caduetcaduet Member Posts: 6
    I am currently leasing a C230 with 6 months remaining in my 39 month lease term. I have about 26,000 miles on the car, mostly highway driving. I brought the car to the dealer for service A, as prompted. I was told I needed additional work on brakes, and alignment. The total cost of repairs are $1,300 for a car I plan to turn in in 6 months. Also, the rear tires were replaced after about 18,000 miles. Leasing this vehicle was definitely one of the worst financial decisions I've ever made. Caveat Emptor!
    Your service costs have absolutely nothing to do with whether you leased or purchased the car. Leasing does not remove the cost of service unless the service is covered under warranty.

As far as alignment...is your car wandering to the right or left? Do the tires show unnormal/uneven wear that shows you need alignmen?...or is this just something the dealer throws in as a should do based on mileage. I've always found that an alignment, no matter who does it, makes the car worse or the steering wheel no longer is straight when driving straight ahead. I only do alignments when the tire shop can demonstrate to me why I need one...the wear pattern on the tires can tell you.

As far as the tires wearing out at 18000 miles...welcome to low profile, high performance tires. This is common wear these days...talk to any recent infiniti, bmw or other performance car owner. It goes with the territory.

Repair shops love brake work....ask them to show you why you need brake work.
    It's like replacing the air cleaner...they show you a dirty air cleaner and the average person says...ok, change it. Brakes are an easy sell.... Do yourself a favor....look at the pads before you authorize the work...and then look at another car new or about the same mileage and compare them. Bet you don't need brakes. I'd probably bet that the next time you bring the car in for service, they wll not even mention the brakes. It's just one of the ways to build service dollars.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    If the car will hold together for a few more months, I'd skip the servicing and turn the car in at lease end. Unless you slammed the car into a curb or something, wheel alignment shouldn't be regarded as "excess wear and tear" under your lease. Brake pads and rotors are consumable items, so they shouldn't hit you there either--just make sure the brakes aren't squealing when you drive into the lot. Also, I'd take it to a different dealer than the one who quoted the repairs.
    That would be 5 years or 60 months.
    Thanks a lot. I should have posted earlier and gotten your advice. I paid for the services, before I read your response. Hopefully, nothing else comes up in the next 6 months.
    Thanks for your comments. This was my first and last experience leasing a vehicle. I would not have a problem paying for parts and services, beyond normal wear and tear, if the benefit to me would be greater than 6 months. My repair bill was $1,378. I didn't anticipate having to replace tires within this time period. I have learned a lot more about the pitfalls of leasing than when I entered into the lease. I plan to end the lease at the scheduled time in December 2008.
    Hello all,

I paid $33,900 with a finaly OTD of #36,600 for a C350 2008. Just want to let you guys now if you all want to use this as a reference.
  • ejwaejwa Member Posts: 4
    Could you release the dealer name where you purchased the car?
    I live in LA area and I guess you live in southern CA area, too.
    Congratulations on your deal!!
    It seems like pretty decent deal.
    Thank you.
  • jimmy_newcarjimmy_newcar Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to make a deal on a new 2008 C300 Sport with the following options:

Multimedia Pkg
    P1 Pkg
    iPod Integration
    Automatic Transmission

Selling price : $36,657
    Residual : $26,364 (based on 68% residual on MSRP of $39,350)
    Money Factor : .0025

Thoughts?
    Looks like an invoice or slightly below deal. Money factor and resid are spot on. I say go for it.
    The unknown is the 2009 car that will be in your dealer's hands in less than 30 days. With good bargaining, you should be able to buy a 2009 for $1000 over invoice (or less), the residual should be close to 68%..maybe a little less, and the mf of .0025 isn't that good even now. This nets out to...maybe pass on this car and get one with power tilt/telescope steering, wood interior and likely some other updates. If the lease deal were better, I'd say go for the 2008...but it isn't.

As an alternative, take a look at the Infiniti M35...it has a much higher MSRP but you can lease it for far less than the MB C. Take a 2 year lease on an M35 and then make a decision in 2010 when there will be many more gas efficient models around.
  • mrcoolguy209mrcoolguy209 Member Posts: 29
    I'm working a deal on 2008 C350 w/ Iridium Silver Metallic, Tek seats, Multimedia Package and AMG wheels 18".

The best quote I have is $1,500 below invoice. All are saying that $500 needs to be added to KBB invoice due to advert.

I'm in Northern California.

Good deal?
  • mrcoolguy209mrcoolguy209 Member Posts: 29
    Multimedia Package, AMG 18", metallic paint

Invoice: $39,476
    MSRP: $42,385

Was told in Northern California, there is an advertising fee not shown on website that list invoice prices. Was told ad fee is $500. Also, was told the destination fee is $875 not $825.

$39,476 + $550 = $40,026

I made a deal for $2,500 below invoice = $37,526 before tax, title, license.

Bought it tonight. I think it's a hell of a deal.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Nice work! I'm in southern VA and you can't even find a C350 here. They're all sold before they hit the lot...
  • wantnewcar2wantnewcar2 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like you got a great deal...

Did you lease or buy? What were the terms? MF / Interest rate? Residual? Mnoths?