Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    sure -

P2 package ( P1 is standard on the 350) and the 18 inch AMG wheels. Could not justify the Nav as I have the 3G iPhone and a Magellan loaded with many "favorite" places.

Got 4.5k off of MSRP, could have held out for more, but that was my "comfortable" price and was happy with the 2.9% from MBUSA.

The negotiations were pretty easy, no arm twisting or high pressure. Basically they said "here is what we are comfortable selling at". They were pretty laid back at Phil Smart. I will shop there again.

I suppose had I left I could have got another $500 or so off, but we were in my comfort zone as well so I pulled the trigger. :shades:
  • cuoinoncuoinon Member Posts: 18
    MSRP: $42,450
    not a problem, I hope it help
  • techmaventechmaven Member Posts: 6
    Offer $28,000...I got mine with that price, Cali.
  • caylancaylan Member Posts: 19
    Any discounts or dealer incentives right now?
    Sister is looking at '09 C63 AMG & they offered $66k with all pkgs EXCEPT:
    - NO AMG performance package - tho they did charge for LSD & Speed limiter
    - NO CD Changer
    - NO Carbon fiber trim.

Everything else is tacked on.
  • whit5whit5 Member Posts: 65
    hi guys,
    i just got a quote from a deal on a 2008 c300 sport P01 options, ipod integration kit, 320 multi media pkg, 333 sport sedan,aluminum trim..

BASE price $34,840
    with options and destination ($875) $41,150 msrp

dealer told me could get it down to $35-$36,000 (i think i could do alot better)?

WHAT should i make for an offer on this car??? help?

thanks..
  • zoomer602zoomer602 Member Posts: 9
    Hi - looked at the C300 sport w 4matic today for the first time. Was waiting for the Acura TL AWD but not sure I want to wait until November and not sure I can live with the new design. DId not see the same model in a 2008 - is there one and if so how much less can I buy it for over the 09 and what are the differences? Also, looking online I am seeing that leather is a $1500 option - is it that much better than the standard black interior (looking at the car in Red w/black and silver trim). Want it fully loaded P2 and MM and panaroof, etc.....How much room off of sticker is there usually? Cant find any incentives at all on this auto. Advice?
  • ajay747ajay747 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all...I have been interested in the new C300 for a number of months and have been reading many of the fine comments for the purchase/lease options for this MB. I am also new to the Benz family and am looking forward to securing a C300 before the year's end. I have noticed a lack of recent posts regarding the new 2009 and that could be due to a lack of desirable pricing. I would appreciate any comments for any recommended dealers on the West Coast/Western States that members have had favorable experiences lately and if anyone is dealing anywhere below MSRP for the 2009. I have never leased before but would consider this option also.

Thanks for the replies and all the good information that is offered on the C300 topics.
  • antonio27antonio27 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Cuoinon,

Can you provide the dealership in Tampa Bay that you received this great deal? From the looks of it you got $10k off the sticker.
  • qsg1119qsg1119 Member Posts: 7
    I'm planning to purchase my first car and I would like to make an offer on a CPO 2006 C230 with 46K miles, asking price is 22K. how much do you think I should put on the offer? tnx.
    Hi,
    Yep, I just help another dude got a better deal than me, he got the same thing like I got but w/ pano roof and tele aid for $500 more.
    I don't think I am allow to post dealer name on this forum. I tried to pm you but I could not find out how to pm. Anyway, I will email you the dealer if you give me your email.
    Since my first post, a couple of days ago here is what I have learned. Would love some others to help.

The dealers in my area will sell the 2009 c300 sport 4matic at invoice (in my case thats about $3,000 under sticker with p1,p2,mm,ipod and lit sills). Invoice was not too difficult to get to - so I am trying to determine how much below invoice is possible.

The 2008's have an additional $2000 in dealer incentive money from MB.

No finance incentives on new cars just certified pre own.

I am an extended warranty buyer - we keep our cars 5 to 6 years and drive about 12K a year. When we resell its always easier with a transferable warranty and we like having the big items covered. The MB 7yr/100k warranty is attractive to us but runs $4605. We are being quoted 10% off the warranties.

Anyone have info to improve my leverage?
  • 604doc604doc Member Posts: 182
    Name of dealership ok, individual sales people not so much. :)
  • ajay747ajay747 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your pricing experience comments and would you state what your area of the county you are in?
  • coolbuddycoolbuddy Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy the 2008 Merc C300. And my dealer mentioned that they are out of C300 and offered me a C350 in Red color with P2 package for $35,250 ..I got abt $3500 rebate from what he said and $1000 as transfer of vehicle from diff dealer..

Can you please advise me if this is a worth price to pay...

Also can you please PM me the dealer in tampa bay who offered you upto $10K off.. My email id mnarahar@yahoo.com

Cheers
    Cool Buddy
    cuoinon,
    Can you please PM me the dealer info. I am buying a C350 this weekend and would really be thankful if you can email me the particulars and options.. I see you got a great deal here... My personal email naraharimr@yahoo.com

cheers
    Cool Buddy
  • allenjallenj Member Posts: 7
    After dithering for a month, I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on purchasing this car. I live in central Jersey and though some dealers seem to have limited inventory, others indicate that I can still get the options and color I want.

I've received a quote of $33,500 for the following:

2008 C300 4MATIC
    P1 Package
    Metallic paint
    iPod Integration Kit
    Destination charge

Although this seems pretty good, I'm a little concerned that two dealers had no problem meeting this price. Can I do better?
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    allenj - Sounds like a decent deal. What dealer are you working with - Ray Catena?

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • flight13flight13 Member Posts: 43
    Seems like an invoice minus $2,000 dealer cash deal. I would shoot for another $2,000-2500 more off if it's on their lot.
    AJAY - I am in the Northest (New England) area.
    You can do better..coz from my dealer Mercedes is offering the dealers $3k to $4k refund to get rid of 2008. I am also looking for the same car.. Plz keep me posted on the best offer u get and I will do like wise..
    No, I'm not working with Ray Catena. Of the five dealers I contacted, Catena was the worst. They would not provide an internet quote and kept phoning me even though I told them it was easier to contact me by e-mail. The closest I came to a quote was "a couple of hundred over invoice".
    Yeh, you're right. Using Edmunds' numbers, invoice on this car is $34,954. Add the $875 destination charge and you're at $35,829.

I know there's some dealer holdback involved but I've always understood you should never get involved in a discussion on holdbacks (Consumer Reports says you should!).

Interesting to hear that the incentive may actually be more than $2,000 in some areas (as mentioned by coolbuddy).
  • soplushsoplush Member Posts: 29
    My lease ends on my current vehicle(Maxima) in 5mos. Should I trade now to take advantage of the dealer cash on the '08 C350s or wait till my lease ends?

When I went in July, the dealer cash promo wasn't on, just the lease special. They wanted me to put some ridiculous amt down and still my payment was going to be 700-800. I'm probably 3500-4000 upside down right now on my car. Thanks.
    I got mine from from Lokey Mercedes, I would recomend this guy who has almost the same first name with indi colt quaterback last name. He took good care of me, went over everything, and got the best deal for me :) . Just tell manny, I send you, he will know the deal.
    good luck,

tuan
    Ok - so far the best I can do on a 2009 C-300 is invoice. I do have the 7 yr/100K warranty (list at $4620) down to $3800 (first offer was a 10% discount) but have not tried the checkbook.org people in California who will sell an MB warranty for $200 over cost (not sure if that is less than $3800). I want to add the clear bra anddoor edge treatments - which is now down to $695 (from $795). Still not an overall good enough deal to pull the trigger. Can anyone out there tell me if the possibility exists to purchase a 2009 C300 (sport 4matic) BELOW invoice? Plus the exact car I want is not any lot in my immediate area - so 1 dealership wants trucking costs....Cheaper to have one built for me? May wait till mid winter in the end...unless October has incentives. If you are buying a C300 sport 4matic please post so we can all learn from each other...thanks!
    2008 Merc C-300 (RWD) + P2 + IPOD+ Multimedia + some extras.. MSRP at 39950, Got it for $35600 + Tax @3.9%APR....Plz let me know that is ok..or did I loose any thing on it...Checked with about 5 dealers and that was the best I got...
    Coolbuddy, if your new car has metallic paint and the price included the destination charge then, yes, you got a pretty good deal. Otherwise, no.

The car I'm thinking of buying (2008 C300 4MATIC with P1 package) is now $33,000, down from the original $33,500 I was quoted.
    Just today, I was quoted $1,400 below invoice on a 2009 model (not the sports model). And this was BEFORE any negotiating!

Don't know what what the policy is in your area but where I live there is no charge (to the customer) for trucking within a 100 mile radius.
  • ab219ab219 Member Posts: 3
    Hi allenj:

I live in NJ too, could you tell me what dealer is offering you below invoice pricing? I went to Millenium in bridgewater and Morristown, and both are quoting small discounts to msrp. I want a C300 sport with automatic.
    This may be old news but I sure didn't know about it. A friend just told me that the prices on ALL Benz models will increase tomorrow, October 1.

I couldn't find a general announcement but here's one from a dealer in Minnesota:

http://community.icontact.com/p/feldmannimports/newsletters/internet/posts/merce- des-benz-price-increase
    Ab219, I got this from Mercedes Benz of Princeton, which I think is actually in Lawrenceville. They have a sister dealership in Flemington. You might check there too.
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    Please list the City and State of your dealer for the extended warranty. I am looking for 7 year 100K for 2009 E Class.
  • mrpamamrpama Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $31,900
    is this good deal? or I can make to reduce the price like $30,000
  • daniels6daniels6 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to figure out how much my 2006 C230 sport with 19000 mls was actually worth when i bought it in Dec of 2007. It had all the standard features of a C230 sports package plus a navigation system (using a nav DVD), compact disc player, moonroof, and tinted windows. It had a few minor cosmetic defects (small scratches on the metallic panelling and some small stains on the interior carpet, plus obvious scraping on the undercarriage and under the fenders). Do you know where I could find out what it should have been worth? Thanks
  • yehyemyesyehyemyes Member Posts: 36
    Hi,

Which area did you get this deal? I am interested in the same package and price??
  • indofruitindofruit Member Posts: 6
    Mr Cool Guy,

I am looking to buy 2008 Sport Package P1, IPOD, Silver with Gray Interior. The invoice price is $51,787 and the TMV is $48,950. But Dealer is only giving me 4k below invoice which comes out to $47,787 but is willing to pay for the delivery of the car from out of state to Texas which is 1k. Is that a good deal? Should I ask the dealer to give me 4k below TMV which comes out to $44,950? I think if the dealer is selling at 48,950 which is the TMV they are still making $ with dealer holdback. Should we be using TMV or Invoice when we negotiate with marketing support? Also is the marketing support for E Class 6k or 4k been to 2 dealers and they said Edmunds made a mistake in stating 6k? Pls advise!
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    I always work off the invoice price. Try the mbusa web site. Build your vehicle then you can send it to any MB dealer in the United State for a quote. You can an offer with your E-mail or request a quote. I found some of the best price in California from dealers in the cities of Torrance, San Francisco and Oakland areas. The E-mail goes to the Internet Department and they usually reply within a day or two. I do not know about the shipping to another state other than a European Delivery. You might also try the dealer in New Orleans and Holloway Motors in New Hampshire.
  • artchickartchick Member Posts: 7
    So I don't understand most of what is written in these forums. Hoping I can find a patient person to help me out.

572.19 payment! 12K miles+Premium package+ipod int kit (all I wanted was warm seats!); Quoted 37,895. capped tax: 1450; aq: 795; fees and ins: 600; upfront tax 80; OofP:2,047. retention: .00251
    residual: 56; res bump 2%,; Total res: 23,297; reg fee 351; doc fee 249. advance max 49,887

So, what of all these numbers are negotiable? What kind of deal is this? How do I sound like I know what I'm doing when I walk in again? They see a woman coming and wham.. I have never leased a car before.

THANK YOU!
  • chewy734chewy734 Member Posts: 37
    I see there is a $3500 incentive for the 2008 C350, but are there any dealer incentives for the 2008 C300? I think last month it was $3000, so is it continuing this month?
  • liche90liche90 Member Posts: 28
    where did you see that incentive?
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/mercedesbenz/cclass/100913021/incentives.html#dm- s

I guess maybe I was mistaken... the C300 Sport had a $2000 incentive, not a $3000 incentive. Anyways, it appears only the 4MATIC or the Luxury one still has that incentive, not the Sport version.
    the price you can get for a 2008 c class is outrages. pretty much like 6k-7k off msrp for a c350. idk about a c300.
    Can someone please advise... I just received an adjusted quote for the following:

2008 C350
    Premium II package
    Multimedia package
    MSRP: $42,075
    Quoted: $36,200+TTL

Any ideas if this is a good deal or not? If not, what would be a good deal? Thanks!
    I think you can get it down to 35,000. but that price isnt horrible.
  • wildtingwildting Member Posts: 8
    Excuse me for posting in this forum and the "leasing" forum in advanced...

I like the guy that I work with at MB in the Bay Area but I just discovered this wonderful message board so it doesn't hurt to receive feedback...

I'm looking at the following:
    Description ................................ INVOICE / MSRP
    C300 Sport White on Black.......... $29,853 / $32,100
    Option 320: Multimedia................ $2,771 / $2,980
    7-Speed Automatic Transmission.. $1,358 / $1,460
    Burl Walnut Wood (uugh).............. $288 / $310
    iPod Integration .......................... $349 / $375
    SUBTOTAL ................................ $34,619 / $37,225
    Transportation and Handling ......... $875 / $875
    IRG Participation ......................... $500 / -- (this is some new weird fee)
    TOTALS ..................................... $35,994 / $38,100

My price on the car would be $34,500 (about $1500 under invoice). The terms of the lease are as follows.
    39 months
    10K miles / year
    Money Factor = .0025 (or 6%)
    Residual = 57%

Out the door = 1st payment, reg/licensing and tax or $920.
    Monthly = $499 + CA tax (or a total of $540/month)

Any thoughts? He let me know that his buy rate on the Money Factor is .002... so do I work him for the extra .0005?

Thanks!
  • diva82diva82 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a '09 c300 sport 4matic which is coming out to a leasing price of about $530/month for the premium 1 package and 12K miles/yr. I also looked at a '06 E350 4matic with 21K miles and premium package with Navi for $33k (MSRP $35,900). Does the deal on the E350 look good or should i try to negotiate a good price to finance the '09 C300 sport? Live in NJ.
    well do you really need the bigger e class? if you don't then just go for a new 09 c300. there nothing like a brand new Benz
  • mikehoangmikehoang Member Posts: 7
    Hello All,

I am new to this board, and i do hope to get some advises from you.

I have been quoted $34,500 for a new C300 Luxury Sedan (Silver/Grey-Black MB tex, iPOD integration kit). Is this a good price?

Does anyone think i can go lower than the quoted price? If so, what would be a good price to offer?

I live in Houston, TX.

Thank you for your advise.
    what year? 2008 or 2009?