Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• mikehoangmikehoang Member Posts: 7
  • liche90liche90 Member Posts: 28
    then i think its a pretty good deal. probably another $500 off is the best you are going get.

hope that helps
    Thank you, Liche90. This makes me feel comfortable, that i am not being overcharged.

Mike.
  • paulcleepaulclee Member Posts: 12
    I am in the process of buying a 2009 Mars Red C350 with P2, ipod, and mutimedia options. The MSRP is $43780 (including destination and delivery charges.) The dealer quoted price is $39200, about $1500 below invoice. Do I have a good deal or can I do better? This is from San Francisco bay area. Also can someone provide any input on the 7 years extended warranty. Is it worthwhile and should I ask for 10% off the asking price?

Thanks a lot!
    FYI .... I was able to get the price down to 33,500 from the quoted price 34,500 and from the MSRP 36,620. It happened the car was already on the lot, and it met all the specs i was looking for.

I bought the car from MB of Houston North.

Thanks,
    Mike
    is that car already on the lot?
    Yes!
    thats a pretty good. probably you can get another $500-$1000 off. not much more than that. there arent any rebates on the 2009 models.
    Hi Liche90,

Thank you very much for your response!

Paul
  • zoomer602zoomer602 Member Posts: 9
    My thoughts on the warranty. We usually buy it for 7/100K because we keep our cars 5 to 6 years. In addition to peace of mind, we find it easier to resell our used, one owner vehicle when we can offer a remaining factory warranty (we only buy actual OEM coverage, Mercedes, Ford, Toyota, etc). It works for us because 1) We dont drive more than 12 - 13K per year, 2) we resell our cars ourselves (never trade). On some vehicles we have made out on repairs, others not a single claim. BUT for example, on the c300 4matic - the 7 speed transmission is a $7,000 repair. etc etc.... There is supposedly a dealer in CA that will sell you the warranty for $100 - $200 over cost they are listed somewhere on here. something .org
    Zoomer602,

Thanks for the excellent advice. Were you able to get a lower than the dealer's asking price?

Regards,

Paul
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    I think it is very important to have the extended warranty if you are planning on keeping the vehicle. I have read many posting where the buyer has save a lot of expenses in the later years. On my 2000 E320 I never used the warranty but it was available. On my 1996 C280 I used GEICO about $120.00 per year $300 deductible came in handy a few times. I was able to transfer the warranty to the next owner who had GEICO insurance. My 2003 E500 still under warranty has some expensive repairs.

The prices on new car warranties from MB are up over 100% since my last purchase. After thirty days there is a 15% surcharge on the new car warranties.

Make sure you are receiving an MB Warranty after for a copy. Make sure your quote is in writing. I asked a dealer back East for a quote on a 7 year 100,000 miles warranty. The price was a couple hundred less than my best quote. You can see what the contract looks like below. Make sure all entries are entered. There was no expiration on my warranty and it showed five years rather than seven years. The original warranty of four years plus the years purchased.

I got a quote from a MB dealer for a 7 years 100,000 mile warranty for about $3,800.00. I received the warranty about two weeks later and it was for one year. I did get a full refund after contacting MBUSA.
    AGREEMENT TYPE/TERM**
    THE WARRANTY SHOULD HAVE READ 7 YR 100,000 MILES
    AGREEMENT END DATE***
    WAS LEFT BLANK

The warranty read 5 YR 100,000 Mile Purchase Price $4,341.25
    This is a one year extension to the original warranty. I questioned the terms after I received the warranty in the mail about two weeks later. I was informed that I asked for a one extension of the original warranty was left blank on the warranty.
  • lewis3lewis3 Member Posts: 25
    I thought I would share some pricing that I recieved yesterday. I got this price using Costco. They work with dealers that give a no haggle price for a car.

2009 C300 4 Matic
    Premium 1 package
    I-pod intergration
    Burl Walnut
    Metalic paint

Invoice is $37,848
    offered $36,504

Is this a good deal? I have not negotiated because with the Costco program they are giving thier best price upfront. Thanks for any advice.
    e2009,

Thanks a lot for the warranty info. I appreciate it!

Paul
    Lewis3,

I am shopping around for a fully loaded C350 (P2, multimedia, panorama roof, ipod, and 18’’ AMG wheels.) The best quote I received over the phone is around $41900, about $1500 below invoice and I feel I can do a bit better when doing the actual face to face negotiation.
    According to you, the Costco quote for your C300 is $1344 below invoice. Although I do not have any experience shopping for the 2009 C300, I think perhaps you can try to offer a few hundred $ less.

Good luck!
    With this downturn economy going around. I think, a car can be bought at a "drive-out" price = MSRP price. I just bought a new 2009 C300 (metallic silver + Ipod integration kit) at a "drive-out" price, which is closed to MSRP.
    What is a drive out price? It would be great it you could tell us how much under Invoice you are able to buy the car for.

I am not seeing any incentives or rebates for this car. I know there must be a ton of them because these dealers are not selling this car under invoice without some compensation from Mercedes. Are any of you aware of the rebates that Mercedes is offering the dealers to move cars?

Thanks.
    Lewis 3,

There is “Dealer holdback.” Quote from Edmunds.com:
    “Dealer holdback is a percentage of either the MSRP or invoice price of a new vehicle (depending on the manufacturer) that is repaid to the dealer by the manufacturer.”
    Edmunds.com informs us that the MB dealer holdback is 3% of the total MSRP (including all options.) If the MSRP is $35000, 3% of $35000=$1050.
    I am sure there are other compensations to the dealers such as volume discounts to allow them selling cars below “invoice” and still make a profit.
    Go to MBUSA web site build your vehicle then send the request through their web site to the dealers any place in the United States or near home if you do not want to travel too far. You can make offer as low as you want or just request a quote. Just make sure your everything is confirmed in writing before making any payments or signing anything in writing.
    which area are you from? that quote is pretty cheap.
    San Francisco bay area.
  • aseelee1aseelee1 Member Posts: 2
    Hiya,
    Anyone in the NOVA/DC area purchased a 2009 C300 Sport + Pkg1 + Multimedia. How much did you pay for it?

If I'm given a quotation, how low you think I can go? $1500? $2000? off MSRP? or Invoice? Given times are tough, I hope to get a good deal. Please help! Thanks in advance.
  • smrtdudesmrtdude Member Posts: 17
    I am working on getting 2009 c300 Sport 4matic + P1 + metallic paint + iPod kit from NOVA/MD dealers. Invoice is 37,500. Every dealer is quoting 35,700 which they say is temporary employee pricing. Please suggest if you saw a better price.

Given the economy I am wondering if MB will start offering incentives lowering the price further. Wait ... not ... wait ... not ... still trying to make up my mind :-)
  • bouncenybounceny Member Posts: 1
    Any one from NY/NJ/CT get a good price for '09 C300 Luxury 4-Matic, P2, MM ? What exactly is the 'temporary employee pricing', is that national, anyone know?

Thanks! :shades:
    I am about to pull the trigger on this deal. Hope this pricing helps out others out there.

2009 C300 sport 4 Matic
    Premium 1
    I Pod intergration kit
    Multimedia package
    Metalic paint

MSRP is 42,500

I have a quote for $38,600 plus $399.00 dealer handling.

I am in the Denver area. I got this quote on the phone and I am driving there today to buy the car. I hope this is both for real and a good deal.
  • aseelee1aseelee1 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah. I've also got a price around that quotation too. Not sure if its because of an "Employee Pricing". I think that could be a sales pitch. Also, I think you have to consider there's word out that after Oct 1, 2008, Mercedes would increase their prices. So we maybe getting one that was on the lot before Oct 1st which I don't mind/care at all as long as its a 2009 model and a good deal. There are also news that Mercedes sales have drop about 25% but it said it was for the S class. Times are bad I guess.
    Searching the net on MB employee pricing, there seem to be two groups - one group gets 12.5% and the other 25%. The price quoted to me was more like 10.5% off on MSRP.

Then the recent price increase is $800 for c300 4matic sport. It is not in thousands.

Mercedes C-Class October sales dropped by 40% and E-class by 50%. Read more here:
    http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/11/03/ap5639955.html

I think there will be more incentives coming from MB in the coming few weeks.
  • georgiaguy1georgiaguy1 Member Posts: 16
    Ready to purchase/lease the following. I believe it's an excellent deal and would like comments.

2009 C350
    White/Beige
    Premium 2
    Panorama Roof
    Multimedia package
    18" 5 Spoke Wheels
    MSRP - $42,485
    Purchase Price - $38,614 ($3871.00 Discount)
    MF - .00064
    Residual - $22,517.00 - 53%
    39 month lease of $512.25 (includes 7% tax)
    Nothing due at signing. I will try and push for the ipod connector.

What do you think. This is employee pricing which will expire at the end of Nov. Need your comments ASAP
    Misunderstanding, dealer forgot to include multimedia pricing. Will update quote after receiving new numbers.
    Including Multimedia with equipment mentioned above with nothing due at signing, monthly is $522 which includes 7% tax. Offer is only good till end of month, actually this Monday. MB may extend the "employee pricing" into next month, but dealer doesn't know yet.
    Would like to hear comments. :)
    i think tat a great deal. where i live(ohio), that package is qouted around $40,000. so I think you should go ahead and pull the trigger
    I purchased my 7 years 100,000 miles Extended Warranty from Mercedes-Benz of Colorado Springs, 730 Automotive Drive , Colorado Springs, CO 80906. The dealership was straight forward and sent me a quote listing the period of time and miles before asking for payment of the extended warranty.
    What did you pay for that warranty if you dont mind my asking. I was thinking about getting it but I am just not sure.
    Around $4,000.00 the best time to buy is before the end of the month and within the first thirty days of purchase. Anytime after your are subject to a 15% surcharge by MB not the dealer. This was for a 2009 E550.
    Treat yourself to Mercedes-Benz luxury at a special employee incentive!
    It’s easy! Start by getting a control number:

Go to www.fleet.mbusa.com/fep.
    Enter your first and last name, home city, state, zip code, e-mail address and Corporate Account Number (CAN): 006101
    Click “submit” and print the FEP Incentive Form that is generated with your name, CAN, control number and company name.
    Next, go to your local Mercedes-Benz dealership.
    Select a vehicle.
    Negotiate your best price.
    Present the dealer with your FEP Incentive Form and proof of employment.
  • zoomer602zoomer602 Member Posts: 9
    Mike - If your proof of employemnt is not with Mercedes Benz how will this form work and if it does work - how much off your negotiated price is it good for?
    Looking to purchase...thanks
  • severanseveran Member Posts: 2
    I just bought the following
    White C350 2009 with all options:
    P2 package
    Multimedia
    18'' AMG wheels
    Ipod thingy
    Pano roof

MSRP 46,126
    managed to negociate it (was hard) for 45K out the door
    I bought it in bellevue WA.

that makes the price 40,600 before tax + lic , nearly 3K below invoice

Took me a week and a lot of arm twisting to get there tho.

Cheers

Severan
    wow..thats a damn good deal.
  • JacobieJacobie Member Posts: 4
    Same here I just got a good deal ( I think) with my 2009 C-300 over the weekend

2009 C-300
    Package II
    Ipod
    Metallic Paint
    AMG Sports Body Stylin
    AMG 18 wheels
    Multi Media
    Panorama
    MSRP- 44,xxx

Got it for 38,556 plus TTL,Im currently leasing the car for 575/month including tax 8.25 % CA,12 k miles/yr,39 months term with zero out of my pocket..
    Picked up the car Saturday. 2009 C350 White, P2 ,Multimedia,
    18'' AMG Wheels, Ipod, Panorama Roof

MSRP $45,840, Paid $41,486

39 month lease, MF .00064 Payment including 7% tax $555. Dealer will make 1st month payment. (I will make the other 38). Zero due at signing, TTL, Acquisition fee, etc. all built into the monthly payment. I believe it was an excellent deal and hope these numbers helps others in their negotiating.
  • algavalgav Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me the miles per year, and what state are you in. How long did it take to negotiate the deal, and was the car in stock.

This is the same car I am considering.

thank you
    The car was purchased in Athens, GA - and the lease was 12,000 miles. The sales people were great and everything was done over the phone. They car was located in South Carolina and they paid the trucking into GA. I understand the MF MB Credit is offering has increase somewhat this past Monday. If you need any other info. let me know. Hope this helps.
  • franco255franco255 Member Posts: 1
    hi, what dealer in ca did you go to?
  • PowerFXPowerFX Member Posts: 8
    severan, i am getting ready to get a C350 at MB Bellevue, WA as well. Looking at the same options that you have. Wondering if you can share the sales guy name with me. Thanks!
    Thanks for all the information I exchanged on this website. I pulled the trigger yesterday:

c300 4matic Sport
    P1 package + Metallic Paint + iPod Kit
    27 months, 15k miles/year
    Residual 65%, MF .0025
    MSRP 39500, Sale 34400+Tax+Title
    1st payment $571, monthly $571.

I had the option of taking 12k miles/year with 67% Residual, coming out to be $543 monthly with $543 1st payment. But for $750 more I was getting 7300 miles, which is 10 cents/mile. Purchasing later would be 20 cents/ miles. Thought would go with peace of mind.
  • mtnbykermtnbyker Member Posts: 6
    Nice deal! Can you tell me where you got it? I'm looking for a similar setup and also in CA.

Thanks!
  • denebjdenebj Member Posts: 16
    Hello guys,

I am looking at some C350 Year 2008, I saw one with P2, multimedia at 40k, do you think I can get it at 32k OTD ? I am seeing a couple of 6k off MSRP on 2009 models on this page so for me it would be 10k off MSRP. Am I dreaming ? I will pull the trigger on a new car probably end of january, so if there is still some 2008 out there it could be realistic ?

Thanks
    10k off MSRP could be a feat. I got 5k off from MSRP (on a 2009) and it was like pulling teeth for weeks. It almost appeared to me that additional incentives from Mercedes may be needed for the dealer to bring it down further. Who knows, that may be coming up due to weakening economy. Not sure about your area, I couldn't find a 2008 C-class in DC Metro area.
  • severanseveran Member Posts: 2
    PowerFx drop me an email : severan AT gmail.com
  • truth5truth5 Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading all these postings about such great deals on this forum page, but no one is letting the true consumer know where to purchase these great deals. I would like to know where these numbers are coming from on this forum page since not one list where thy bought from or who sold them this car. I think that most of this information is nothing but wishfull thinking from poor consumers who are sent out trying to purhcase/lease with similiar parameters that never existed. How much BullS#*t can you produce on one subect. Why isnt there a truthful statement on this site rather than false expectations and eronious numbers?

Where is the TRUTH??? I have waisted several days driving from store to store with not even being close to what is posted here.

Good luck to those that are in the market but beware of the B.S. listed below!!!