Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Impala Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• cabellocabello Member Posts: 101
    Inside job?? Hey I noticed my wife has been gone for the same amount of time as my car!!.......

Just kidding....I have both keys and FOB's....and I also believe it was pros or a tow truck but I didnt see any extra tire marks because there was alot of sand in my drive because of construction of a new home next door.....but because chevy etched my windows I will receive 500 for deductible if they find it in 30 days if not I get 2500 bucks....
  • copychickcopychick Member Posts: 62
    I'm so sorry to hear about your car's theft! That really stinks.

I'm surprised the alarm wouldn't have gone off if it was towed and put on a flat bed. Makes me wonder about how sensitive the alarm system really is in these things.

I just got my OnStar membership materials in the mail and am strongly considering renewing it next year. At first it seemed frivolous to me, but now it seems less so. I might even spring for the added use of the phone, depending on whether my commute continues to be this long.

I don't know if I'm supposed to wish you luck in finding your car or not. Guess that depends on what condition it is in. That $2,500 for not having it found is definitely tempting. Good luck--I hope it works out for you no matter what.
  • night_owl1night_owl1 Member Posts: 760
    Bummers. Wonder how they did it. Hopefully they will find it soon. Has there been any other car thefts in your area?
    copper said he was very suprised an impala was stolen....he drove up in one......harris county sheriff department......i did not have on star its a 2000.........car thefts in my area? the same night a 2 week old suburban with 20" wheels was seen by the retard security guy haulin' butt down the road.......noted on log.........but he didnt see mine..........other than that no other thefts in my neighborhood.....
    tha sub urban was stolen the same night....by the same crooks ? who knows
  • Perhaps the alarm did go off? Pop the hood, cut the battery cable, no more alarm, tow it away.

BTW, I've seen cars being towed with their alarms blaring, when I was living in NY.

I'm surprised the crooks are so brazen in TX. They can end up with a tail full of lead, stealing a car out of someone's driveway. I would've been happy to insert that lead personally, if it was me, but I live in California. I'd have to beat him to death with tofu.
    a friend across town heard someone trying to open his bedroom window in the middle of the night last week and he shot at them so they ran away..........oh yeah here in tx its not uncommmon for the owners to shoot and kill someone on thier property or in thier driveway breking in your car..
    still nothing by the way.....its been 2 nights now.........i miss her bad .............i hate pontiac sunfire rental car.............i might even rebuy a 2003 impala because they are such good cars.....
  • That's nothin'. In other states they shoot Japanese exchange students for trick or treating on Halloween.
  • atbearatbear Member Posts: 322
    you're talking about my state, so just watch it... crap happens everywhere
  • Hot enough for ya? It ain't the heat. It's the humidity.
    NOTHING YET.............
    I ordered my Borla Exhaust today... takes 2-3 weeks... let y'all know how it goes!
    Cops are still looking and it's been a week with no sighting........2000 Chevy Impala LS................http://www.angelfire.com/tx/bigodaman/
  • vblstudvblstud Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone ever tried to contact Kerr or had their car equipped with any of the cop accessories. I emailed them like 2 weeks ago and they havent answered back. I hate when people dont respond back. All I asked for was pricing and ordering information. Geeeeeze
    Not that difficult.

Any Help

Rob
    I was wondering what kind of Bras people have added to their impala. If anyone has pictures please send them to me and that would be greatly appreciated.

Thx Rob
  • dgonzalez13dgonzalez13 Member Posts: 110
    There are a lot of other places to order from that actually ship quickly. I order from Streichers, Galls and Midwest Public Safety both online and on phone and they always ship quickly and dont ask for department ID or certification. Try them, all 3 are pretty good service and have web sites and online ordering. Anyone know who makes the V shaped pushbars the nypd uses? I know Fed Signal makes the Vector lightbars, but i cant find the pushbars anywhere. if you lived and parked your car in NYC you would know why someone without a cop car would still need one of those pushbars.
    Um, do you have a photo of the pushbar or a link to a photo? I've seen a lot of them but I don't know exactly what you are looking for.
  • Have you always had a "1" at the end of Night_Owl?
    I am going to install a pushbar soon, but preferred the look of the ones on the nypd impala's. if anyone knows who makes these it would be a big help..

http://www.movietimecars.com/doc/police.htm

They should have them but i tried to contact them and they didnt e-mail me back. They have all kinds of cop accessories. Try to contact them and tell us what you've found.

http://www.kerrindustries.ca/home.htm

thx

Rob

• Do they throw in a free cop kit, plastic badge and handcuffs?
    but i wish there were more impala commercials on TV. I have seen the lowrider and 2000impala commercial, as well as the police car changing the crook's tire and giving them a head start before chasing again in the imapala. The maytag commercial was good too (the two maytag men driving the impala cause they have plenty of spare time). anyone seen any other Impala commercials?
  • I think the Maytag commercial was also supposed to reflect the same reliability on to the Impala as that which is percieved for Maytag. (Of course Maytag is no more reliable than any other major brand.)
    Yep. Someone already has "night_owl" and "night_owl1" was what Edmunds suggested.
    I don't think I have ever seen that pushbar. Sorry. I'll keep an eye out for it though.
  • emtbemtb Member Posts: 42
    I'm looking for a way to run approximately 4 cables from the engine to the cab. I'm installing a pair of alternating strobe lights in my grill for my fire department, and am looking for the best way (and easiest :) to run the cable through the firewall. Any suggestions?
  • I figured as much. I never noticed it before. So, Night_Owl is Nathan, keeper of the Impala web site then?
    Just wanna get it straight.
    I know a great place. There is a rubber plug that you could cut to pass through wires and stuff. It's in the passenger side wheelwell, high up on the left hand side. Someone send me a photo of it a while ago. I'll post the photos tonight if I have the time.
    Yep, that's me.
    I know a great place. There is a rubber plug that you could cut to pass through wires and stuff. It's in the passenger side wheelwell, high up on the left hand side. Someone send me a photo of it a while ago. I'll post the photos tonight if I have the time.
  • emtbemtb Member Posts: 42
    Does that plug just pop out if I tug on it really hard?
    No it doesn't. Check the site. I posted the photos under a new How-To article.
    I decided the problem with my idling on my car may be from my computer thinking i have my old air filter in it.. I added the k and n and the car died once and idles at about 750..anyone know the standard idle. Just let me know

Rob
  • impalaon20simpalaon20s Member Posts: 8
    anyone ever had problem where the steering wheel wouldn't lock when car was parked, and after inserting key ingition wouldn't turn?
    To reset the computer take the negative battery cable off for at least 30 mins... you'll know it's reset when your car dies the first time you start it up... the next time it'll start up fine... but.. That filter is not your trouble-- I am running a 9 inch cone filter and have had no trouble, so look elsewhere...
    That was the only engine mod i have done and when i took it off the car ran fine. Im will try to reflash it tomorrow and see what happens. THx for the help

Rob
  • You might need an actual upgrade of the ECM software. Killing the power only resets it.
    He doesn't need a PCM upgrade.. I know of cars that have so many mods you'd shake your head and they still run stock PCMs with no trouble.... now on that note, I will get my custom tuned PCM soon, to ADD power!
    what do u guys think of car bras for the impalas..anyone have a black one on their black impala cuz i wanna see what it will look like. The car seems to idle better now that is reset the computer.

Thx Rob
    Haven't gotten my Borla yet (3 or 4 more weeks)... and I just got my front license plate cover in so I'm gonna have that painted and install it tomorrow.. might take some pics tomorrow if the install goes well
  • FYI, GM has issued a software update for the Impala ECM. I had it done, as have others, and all have reported improved performance.
    vblstud may want to try it.
    thanks, garypen, didn't know that..... what does it change? what are the improvements?
  • People who complained mostly of hesitation found that the ECM (I believe GM actually calls it a "PCM") update cured, or at least helped, the hesitation.

I also had to have my fuel injectors cleaned pretty early in the engine's life. Maybe the engines are prone to carbon buildup during break in?

Right now, my engine runs great. Very powerful. It feels good to hit the gas in such a large car, and pull away from the other folks at the intersection.
    What year impalas are effected by this pcm update?? Cuz mines a 2002 so im not sure its gunna help and do you do this at the dealer for free?

Thx

Rob
  • It was free. I suppose it depends on yer build date. Why not check with your dealer. Tell 'em you're having hesitation or whatever, and see what they say and do.
    You may get a fuel injector or throttle body cleaning out of it.
    Will the K and N Cone filter void my warrenty or can they say that is the problem of the hesitation? Just checking cuz my mom doenst like me voiding the warrenty...haha

rob
    No, they can't void your warranty very easily for aftermarket parts... That part has to be the cause of the problem to void a warranty claim. Check out the Magnuson Moss act at www.sema.com. It shouldn't be the cause of the hesitation, unless it's improperly installed. I am running a cone right now...
  • If you want to avoid a hassle at the dealership, put the stock one back in for your visit.
    Anyone ever try to bypass the fog lights setup so that when you turn the brights on they dont go off? Just wondering cuz it gets annoying.

Thx

Rob
This discussion has been closed.