Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX Accessories

13»

Comments

• mikeytmikeyt Member Posts: 22
    dont know how to program the opener but the user manuals for the RX300 are all over Ebay
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    I had the same question a while back here is a link or type in homelink in the box.. Good Luck Matt
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef14c39!keywords=allin%3Amsgtext%20limit%3AL- exus%3ARX%2520300%20homelink&count=20
  • tnrx300tnrx300 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a used 1999 RX 300 and love the car but the original owner lost the rear cargo cover. I am told that an original OEM cargo cover is about $600 but I can't even find that on any Lexus web site. The only place I can find the RX 300 cargo cover for sale is on eBay and it's all auctions. Any suggestion on where to find an aftermarket cargo cover for the RX 300?

Thanks.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Google™ found this one for $149.95:
    AutoAnything™

Pete
    :)
  • glenfordglenford Member Posts: 138
    I had the same problem when I bought my 2000. I think the new price was a little under $600. I checked on the internet, and found a place that discounted Lexus parts - that brought it down to about $450 or so.

Eventually I actually bought mine off eBay for $125+$15 shipping, and it was absolutely mint. Even if it were not, it would have been hard to argue with the price difference. I looked at completed auctions - they tend to go for $150-175.

Other than these options, you could try places that part out wrecked cars, but I tried a couple of those and had no luck. Tim
  • niceputtniceputt Member Posts: 23
    Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get a NAV update for 2002 RX300? Can they be installed by owner or is it too complicated?
  • carrieleighcarrieleigh Member Posts: 1
    We just a bought a 99 RX 300 in great condition, but every time we get over 65 mph, we hear this wind whistle. We know it is not the windows, but can't figure if it's from the tires or from the roof rack &/or spoiler. Can anyone give us any help???
  • santacruz1santacruz1 Member Posts: 11
    It is most likely the door seals. You can also try adjusting the cross members of your roof rack but I don't think it's your roof rack or spoiler that is making the noise. I have a 99 as well and no whistle.
  • svnightwingsvnightwing Member Posts: 1
    My mechanic recommends (Lexus also) Good Year Intregity Tires ...all purpose road tire.
  • rx03lexusrx03lexus Member Posts: 1
    I love everything about my RX300 2003 model, except the exhaust tip looks a little dinky. Does anyone know if there is a customized chrome exhaust tip for this vehicle? It would definitely enhance the look on the car.
  • koponenkoponen Member Posts: 2
    I just bought the 2006 RX330. I do not like the 18" wheels/tires on it and am thinking about putting 20" on. Does anyone know if this is a good idea as far as wear and tear on the suspension, gas mileage, handling, any issues with going that much bigger? Thanks!
  • rx330rx330 Member Posts: 16
    is this on your rx300 AWD (18 incher)?
  • nmlnml Member Posts: 7
    i have a 2001 rx300 that i love. i took it in to have the sun screen - not sun roof = fixed so it wouldn't rattle and when i drove it on the freeway the first time there was huge amount of wind noise that had never occurred before. they are replacing the entire sunroof today. i also put those plastic wind shields on the windows - all around that i bought from a catalogue and the vacuum sensation when the windows are open is less oppressive.

i intend to buy one for the sunroof when i get it back.

query: does anyone out there have a grill cage/guard for their rx 300? i know of a couple that fit, but want someone who has one to give me the facts re their experience...and what model they chose.
  • jaws48jaws48 Member Posts: 1
    Did you get any useful answers to this question? I just purchased a 2002 RX300 and would like the same information.

Thanks,

jaws48
  • dsharkeydsharkey Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2002 RX300 and asked the same question to various dealers in the Chicago area. One said that it wouldn't be cost effective to put one in using factory equipment after the fact. The other said it couldn't be done at all.

I'm going to purchase a Garmin GPS which can be mounted just above the NAV screen. It has voice instructions. Saw it demonstated at Circuit City and it has everything that a Lexus NAV system would have plus much more for less than $500.
  • gottlsgottls Member Posts: 21
    I have a '05 RX330 that I bought in March of 2005. The Nav system came with v.4.02 Map DVD. My dealer tells me they now have a version upgrade available, v.5.1 for $250.

My question is has anyone got it for a lower price, and is there much difference or change between the two versions to warrant the cost?
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Having just upgraded from rev 1 to 5 I would say 5 isn't worth it, especially from 4.02. My Garmin Roadmate portable still outshines it.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    $250 is the best price I've found all over the country. I upgraded mine, and it was worth it to me. Lotsa growth around here, the new version included most of them.

Garmin may put proprietary Navigation out of business. Especially the Delphi unit - very difficult to use. But the Denso unit Toyota uses, is excellent, IMO.
  • mcdaniel4mcdaniel4 Member Posts: 9
    Hi I just bought a used Lexus RX 330, white and Hubby thinks it needs a pinstripe. Do some/most of you with white
    Lexus put a pinstripe on? Or are they rather a thing or the past? I made an appointment for in the morning, so I need an answerer asap.
    Thanks.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    My wife bought me a Garmin Roadmate for Christmas. I have now had several occassions to use it and have been mightily impressed. So recently I started comparing it to the 5.1 Nav in my 2001 RX300.

It has become clear that even with just ROM the Garmin has more database storage for/in remote, suburban and farm, areas than the RX300. Twice now it has guided me into areas, one just across the Canadian border in Surrey, wherein the RX had no database.

And it can be used on the go....!!!
  • 10scoachrick10scoachrick Member Posts: 74
    Picked up our '06 330, white, in January...have not felt the need for a pinstripe during the past 6 months.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I'm sure my opinion is too late for ya, but a Pinstripe is so.....Chevrolet. If the Lexus should have a pinstripe, they would make it with one.
    Anyhow, that's how I feel.
  • george53george53 Member Posts: 2
    Does the RX 350 have satellite radio? Will it play MP3 discs?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I've started considering adding the pinstripe
    or "accents" to my Flint Mica '07 RX350, as
    I'm seeing quite a few of them in the Flint
    Mica color around the Tampa Bay area. It might
    be a nice way to distinguish my RX from the
    rest ;)
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    I agree that Flint Mica is a popular color in Tampa Bay area. I've had mine for 2.5 years now and have seen the color grow in popularity. I thought about upgrading my wheels to chrome and possibly adding the stepup bar, not that it needs it, just to make it different.

Scott
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I also like the chrome wheels on the RX. Gives it that extra sportiness. I wish I had
    thought about negotiating on some when I went to purchase my car, but I was starting to get in a hurry as my previous car had been totalled
    in a wreck and the rental reimbursement for the
    rental was running out soon.
  • mailynmailyn Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Can you please tell me if the wind shields you put on your windows are the kind you apply with the 3M tape. I was thinking of purchasing some of these on ebay. I'm just not to sure how well they will hold with this tape and how they will look after a while. Thanks
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    Thr driver arm rest is so uncomfortable. I am short 5'6" and its so high for me. Nor can you adjust the height or angle of it. If I recline the seat a little bit then the arm rest is slanted pointing upwards. Is there any solution to this ? Even mini-vans have better armrest than this where you adjust the angle, if not the height.
  • iriejahiriejah Member Posts: 1
    Hello Koponen,

Did you switch to 20 inch rims?
  • slexusslexus Member Posts: 3
    I had a new battery put in my 2000 lexus rx300 by Advance Auto and now my LCD screen won't work. Has anyone had this experience or know why this happened? They tell me I need to prove that this battery change did this. Please, Please, Help, someone. Thank you
  • alanm3alanm3 Member Posts: 1
    paul,
    can you send me pics of the rx300 xm bracket install? I have a roady xt. I bought the fm direct adaptor and the direct power supply. I want to install it myself but need some help.
  • michael_8michael_8 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Rececently purchased a low mileage 1999 RX300 in great shape, nice drive:) I would like to add a few items to the car and looking for advise. The RX came with wood dash and looks great but would like to add the same look to the center console and overhead also but can only find complete kits, any suggestions. Also, love to have nav, any aftermarket units to replace the existng control unit in the dash or a fold away unit with radio?

Thanks in advance for a great site.
  • nate811nate811 Member Posts: 4
    How were are you able to resolve? I have a similar issue I caused when replacing the battery myself. I crossed the pos and neg on the battery when installing.
  • szypszyp Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased a 2006 330RX and am learning all I can about it, but my bprimary questionis: does anyone know if they make cross bars for the roof rails, or if theren is such a thing. Thanks for any help.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Factory crossbars were pretty much standard with the roof rails. Perhaps the previous owner removed them and never put them back on. You should be able to get them through a Lexus dealer, irontoad.com, or from a salvage yard. Good luck!
  • la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    Most people leave the annoying factory cross bars on the roof rails (I guess they like the way they catch the wind?) but some people do take them off when they aren't using them. You may be able to find a used set online from another owner (EBay, Lexusownersclub.com/forums, Clublexus.com/forums).

I've never used mine yet, but they are for my early '99 RX300. I have them stored away somewhere.

It's possible the previous owner never bought any. But I'm left wondering if you're thinking of accessory bars. Lexus should have them, but I think Yakima and/or other rack manufacturerers sell them.
  • arghhharghhh Member Posts: 1
    I hate my whole new RX Console! 5'2"
This discussion has been closed.