Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rrcrrc Posts: 30
    I'm looking at a 99 e320 w/ 44K miles for $23,900. Bose stereo, moonroof, but no cd. Black w/charcoal leather Starmark certified, 1 yr/100K miles warranty. Haven't seen it yet, but dealer tells me its a creampuff. Would you guys buy it for that price? thanks
  • ncvolncvol Posts: 196
    Looks like not a lot of activity around here, but I'll ask anyway: Offered a 2001 E320 Wagon, 44k miles, Starmarked with the E2 package and heated seats. One previous owner, a lease. Carfax report checks out, service records pending. Price $28,827 plus taxes, and any additional Starmark years I want to buy. Thoughts?
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    So, so IMO.

I looked at a 2002 4-matic w/ 28k miles, E2, Comand and Xenons for $32,500. It wasn't starmarked, but the private owner had a transferable 7/100k warranty. That seemed like a good deal, especially considering the car literally didn't have even the slightest ding or scratch on it (love diplomats that rent expensive homes with heated garages).

I could have purchased your vehicle new in June 2001 for about $45k ($2,000 rebate) because Mercedes wanted to clear out the 2001's dues to changes introduced in the 2002's. So $28.8k seems a little high (65% residual) for a 4 year old car to me. But the Wagon does hold it's value pretty well.

We passed after deciding we really need an SUV for our treks up into snow country.
  • ncvolncvol Posts: 196
    Terry over at the Real World Trade In Values thread says to shoot for $27,900, so shoot I will. I think this market isn't quite as saturated as the D.C. market to get better deals. I could probably get a better price up there, but there is a certain amount of convenience of buying local that's worth something to me. As for the private party vs. dealer, my Honda driving wife is insisting on a Starmark if I am to bring home a German make.

Thanks once again for your input. If you'll remember, I was on the verge of buying an E320 Wagon back in January, but at the last minute went with the "reliability" of Infiniti and a brand new FX35. Long story made short, the FX has been in the shop for 6 weeks straight with engine problems that Infiniti just can't seem to figure out despite numerous replaced components. Infiniti agreed to buy it back last week, and so here I am back with Mercedes, the car I loved all along.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Sorry to hear about your Infiniti experience, but hopefully it will work out for the best. Good luck in your negotiations.
  • I sounds great. are you having any problems. i'm in the market for one, but a 2004 e500.
  • ckpckp Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a E320 (in Southern CA) with the premium package (automatic & leather). What's a fair price to pay before tax for this car?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,482
    You might want to price it out on carsdirect.com. Huge differnce in pricing SoCal vs. Boston...

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• carsdirect is quoting 2005 E320 sedan at $5,900 below MSRP (or $2,850 below Invoice)for San Francisco Bay Area. Has anyone bought at this price? Can anyone share experience with carsdirect?
  • amritamrit Posts: 1
    I jus recently bought a 1997 e420 wit all the options the car runs great and it hella fast, i paid $29000(can) wit all taxes do u think this was a fair price??
  • This is is Los Angeles CA

Leased a 2005 E-320.

MSRP 55190.

premium sound package, complete leather package, navigation, moonroof...

39 Month Lease

5,000 Down

450.83 a month (THATS WITH TAX INCLUDED)

Peuter color with charcol interior..

Is this a good lease? I just went in there right after entering a chrysler dealership (lookin at the 300). The 300 touring (not the 300c) was 24k msrp and they wanted 4,000 down with 400 a month (before taxes) for a 3 year lease... so i go into Mercedes, not even sure of buying, but just to see what the e-320 would give on a lease...

when he gave me that price, i figured.. if the 300c is askin for that much at 24k, a 55k benz is worth it..

I used to drive an 99 e-430, so there is now two E-classes in the family... which is my only regret.
  • valonvalon Posts: 22
    I own a 03 c class and had a lot of problems im looking to trade for a e class this is in northern jersey, would like to hear from people around three state area what price thay got from there dealers.

thank you
  • Sounds like a great deal! Would you mind letting me in on the dealership? I would love one myself!
  • Would have gladly sold my 1999 e-430 (black on black, disc changer, moon roof, premium rims, that package that has leather on the sides of the doors) for 24,000. It has about 90k miles on it. Always been serviced at Benz Dealerships, purrs like a kittin. litterly, i love the way that engine is so quiet and smooth.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,482
    FWIW: I was shopping for an E320 and while I really enjoyed the car (especially the interior!), in the end I just couldn't justify the $15k+ price over the Acura TL I did buy.

But, my father in Boca Raton, FL called to say a dealer down there was offering an '05 E320 for ~$46k. He wasn't sure what, if any, options that included...

As there's (or was, last I checked) $3500 factory money, one should be able to do even better?

Happy New Year!

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• Anybody have any information on invoice price on the new MB CLS500 Coupe? For a new model like this in such high demand, is negotiation on price possible?
  • epp1epp1 Posts: 48
    51K miles, Desert Silver, beige interior. Offered at $23.9K. Probably a chance to go lower.

I'd been scouring the earth for a 540iT but decided I needed AWD.

Pricing seem solid. Thoughts? Getting it at or below wholesale due to Jan doldrums and need to move SLOB inventory (non MB dealer).

Thanks in advance,

Sean
  • Invoice on the CLS500 is 6 to 7% off MSRP. Maybe if you give it time until supply exceeds demand, you might get a discount. In the mean time, let the dealer make his 6-7%, but don't pay crazy markups over MSRP!
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    A reporter would like to interview someone who recently bought a large sedan such as a Mercedes E-Class, Lexus LS 430, Mercury Crown Victoria or any large Cadillac or Lincoln.

Please send your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, February 11, 2005.
  • I want to buy following new vehicle:

1: 2005 E-320, 4MATIC, AWD
    2: Exterior: Desert Silver
    3: Interior: Ash
    4: Options: a: Premiar Package
    b: Heated Front Seats

What would be my best bargain porice for new vehicle. Please share your experience.