Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Storm basically laid it out for me on this one....

I was comparing the E550 v E350 for a few thousand different, which was the example I posted. I was able to get the 550 with leather, parktronic, comfort seats with massage, sports, AMG wheels, P1 for 54k, which was a similar price to the OP's for a 350.

Also the I test drove both, and for me the 350 did not have enough power off the line, up hills, on ramps, I like the extra power (coming from an XF supercharged). Also I was not going to spend 45-50k and get MB Tex seats, that seemed a bit ridiculous. The airmatic suspension is also great and as Storm said the vehicle sits 4 comfortably.

Finally if I was going to get a CLS550 (which is a sweet ride) it would have to be the 2012 which has no incentives and would cost 20-25k more than I paid for the e550.

When the new e350 comes out, I would have a harder time justifying the 550 due to the new 300+ HP engine, but the current 350 did not compare to the 550 for only a few k more. Again if you can get a 350 for 45-46k then it is a 10k decision and it would be a lot more difficult.
  • Is ther any way to find our how much the dealer sold my 2008 E 350 for< I have the vin number. Just traded last wednesday and do not know if the vehicle has been sold for not, Thanks for any info
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Ask your sales guy. If it stayed on the lot he may know. If it went to auction...???
  • Hey, folks, I just got the VIN from the dealer; car is supposed to be in Toronto (my home) October 27. Bought a Cavanasite Blue (really dark blue) with Alpaca leather interior, advanced driving package, premium, etc. Here's my question. When the business manager tries to sell me leather rip protection, ding and dent protection, tinting, etc., what is worthwhile and what is a reasonable offer that I should make? Many thanks, BL
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Congratulations on yor new E. What color is the leather? I've never seen an Alpaca. Is it real Alpaca leather, or Alpaca colored cow leather? Thanks.
  • In my opinion, none of those last minute extras are worth the cost....other than buying the mercedes maintenance option if you are leasing. The worst of the lot is the protection package...I would pay them not to put it on.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,135
    Congratulations! Mine is currently on the ocean and is expected at the port of Jacksonville on the 30th of this month and expected at the dealership on or about the 15th of October. It's silver/black with leather, Premium 2, ventilated seats, multi-contoured driver's seat, rear spoiler, tire and wheel package, etc. MSRP is about $61600.00.

As for your question about leather rip protection and ding/dent protection (and probably tire and wheel protection), here are my thoughts based upon my experiences as a Sales Manager at a new car dealership for luxury high end vehicles (I'm retired now):

Firstly, the leather rip protection is not worth the cost. If you should rip a section of leather, a leather pro can fix it for a few dollars using resins, etc.

Secondly, the ding/dent protection is fairly good (I'm assuming you are leasing this new vehicle, because otherwise, it makes no sense to get it). If the cost is less than $200.00, it is worth it for a leased vehicle.

Finally, the tire and wheel protection would pay for itself if you should blow out a tire and damange the rim, which would usually happen on a blow out. I believe the cost should be about $495.00 for the term of the lease.

Remember, these "add-ons" are a means for the finance person to make some extra bucks for him/her self.

I hope this has been helpful.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• abacomike:
    Can you share with us what your final price was and what part of Country you live?

I read through your posts and don't see what your final price was.

Thanks!
    I won't know the final price until the vehicle is delivered. Usually, Mercedes Benz has special incentives from November through December for the holidays. MB financial also provides an incentive if you currently have a lease or loan with them. I have a loan on my vehicle now, so they usually give a 1500 dollar incentive to refinance with them. Also, last year, they had a $2000 loyalty incentive. That is what I am hoping for. I usually pay my dealer a bit below invoice for my cars (I buy one every year from them, so that is why I get great pricing). Since I already used my USAA incentive for my wife's car, I won't be eligible for another one until January, and I don't want to wait until January as my currently vehilces value will drop too much to make it worth the $2000 or so I get.

I am hoping to pay about $56,000 for the vehicle, give or take a few hundred, but we will see.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• My current lease with Infiniti doesn't expire until May of next year.
    Do you think the end of year/holiday incentives that MB offers are the best deals they offer all year?
    I'm wondering if I should consider getting out of my lease early to take advantage of the MB offers.
    Thoughts?
  • It depends on the cost of getting out of your lease. I paid $1000 to get out of a 39 mo lease after 13 months. Then I took advantage of conquest money etc and leased the e350 for 24 mos, no money down, multiple security deposits...for less per month than I was paying for the infiniti M37. My Infiniti dealer bought the car so there was no tax on the buyout...just $1000.

You really don't know until you ask and look at your personal situation. If you are considering purchasing a gas e350, the 2012 is a much better car (engine)...if you are leasing and want a diesel, you will probably never see a better deal than the one they are offering now on 2011's on a 24 month lease.
    Yes! Mercedes Benz usually has special promotions/incentives during November and December. Last year, they provided 3 years of EMBRACE (Mercedes Benz's answer to ONSTAR) if you financed your vehicle with Mercedes Benz Financial. They also had a $2000 loyalty incentive as well and $1500 loyalty for MB Financial.

As for the new engine (my new 2012 E350 is currently at the port of Jacksonville awaiting transport down here to the southeast coast of FL), you will have 34 more horsepower (268 to 302),with significantly improved fuel economy (my brother has the new engine in his E350 coupe and is getting 32 mpg's in cruise control on the turnpike) a new "BLUE EFFICIENCY" transmission (I was told by my service manager that the new transmission is really the same transmission withe a few changes coupled with a BRAND NEW BLUE FLUID), and updates to the center speedometer screen (in the E350, you have two screens, one in the center above the console and another in the middle of the speedometer) which adds color to the readouts for NAV, RADIO STATIONS, FUEL ECONOMY READINGS, TIRE PRESSURE MONITORS, ETC. Also, there will be anew LED daytime running light configuration for both the sport and luxury models.

I would not recommend getting out of your lease with Infiniti UNLESS you have very low mileage and the car is worth more than the residual plus your remaining payments. If you wait until your lease is over, you won't have the added expense and, from my experiences, you can still get incentives from MB during the spring and summer.

If you qualify for a USAA incentive, it may pay to get out fo the lease early.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

• How does the sports model compare to the Luxury model? We just bought the sports model last week. our 4 previous Mercedes have been the Luxury model. Also I traded in our 2008 E class. Is there any way to find our what the dealer sold that car for? I still have the vin #. Thanks
  • Also, TGhe tires can not be rotated on the sports model. My 2008 at 42,500 miles when I traded it in with the ORIGINAL tires. Has anyone had any experience with the tires are can not be rotated?
  • C class Sport is the same way. The rear-tires are wider than the front tires. You have to replace them in pair and no rotating.
    Some things you should know about the Sport vs. Luxury models:

* 90% of all production of E350's are "sport" models. My dealer told me the reason is due to the fact that most people prefer the larger wheels/tires, the ground effects, the front grill, and the preferred handling of the sport due to stiffer shocks and springs, and the wider stance (improved cornering) Of course, the "ride" is much stiffer, and older drivers find that uncomfortable. I always get my E350's with the sport package.

*when it comes to resale, the sport model gets a better resale value since most E's are built that way. In fact, my dealer told me that Luxury models tend to bring less money on trade than the sport models.

*the LED daytime running lights are standard on the sport, not so on the Luxury. Although, you should know that the 2012's will have the LED's both models. The difference in 2012's is that the LED's will be a straight array as opposed to the "hockey-puck" arracy currently offerred on the 2011's.

*the interior of the sport is a bit different than the interior of the luxury. Instead of multi-toned interiors, the sport has a monotone interior. Also, instrument cluster is different.

I hope I"ve helped.

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 920
    edited September 2011
    Of course the BlueTec has 17" wheels whether it's a sport or a luxury. I personally object to "older riders find the ride of the sports is uncomfortable"...that's stereotyping and untrue...if I didn't need a larger car, I'd be driving a porsche cayman S and it's likely you would see me as "older". Resale on the Luxury and Sport are essentially the same....in fact few non mercedes dealers even know the difference. Condition is far more important than which trim you have on the car.

Please explain "also, instrument cluster is different"....I believe all e350's get the same(new) instrument cluster.
    edited September 2011
    FIRST OF ALL, I AM A RETIRED SCHOOL PRINCIPAL/AUTO DEALERSHIP MANAGER! YOU CAN OBJECT ALL YOU WANT ABOUT "OLDER RIDERS", BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH ALL KINDS OF DRIVERS, THE OLDER DRIVERS TEND TO OBJECT TO THE SPORT MODEL. THAT IS FROM EXPERIENCE OVER THE YEARS

SECONDLY, FROM EXPERIENCE, THE SPORT MODEL BRINGS A HIGHER TRADE VALUE THAN THE LUXURY!

I know what I am talking about. This is a forum that is used to express facts and opinions! I try to help out people whenever I can from my own experiences and I have owned over 20 Mercedes Benz vehicles in the past 20 years.

From now on, do me a favor - if you want people to respond to your posts, which you asked for, DON'T BADGER THE RESPONDERS!

I have helped many, many forum participants over the years in selecting the right car for them. Additionally, I am extremely well versed in the E350 model. I buy one every year.

ENOUGH SAID!

Older drivers tend to have back aches and pains. The ride on the sport model is extremely stiff. I had the same complaints from people who have purchased an Infiniti "sport" and on long drives, they complain about back pain and stiffness.

Rather than use the term "older drivers", I willl use the term "matured drivers!" HOW'S THAT!

• actually, you didn't answer the one question I did ask.....what's the difference in the 2012 e350 instrument cluster on the sport vs the luxury?

BTW: Older or mature is equally bad.....why not just say that some folks (of all ages) prefer the softer ride of the luxury. My wife has always hated a stiff ride in any car...nothing at all to do with age.

And no need to yell with caps......you expressed your opinion, I expressed mine. That's what the internet is all about.
  • Hi Friends,
    Is it okay to assume that the dealer will agree to sell a E350 P1/P2 Package- sports sedan, blue tec for 45500 in Southern California- OC.
    Any one got a similar deal or better?
    Thank you.
    Rocco88