Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    Correct! Down here in Florida, one does not need an all wheel drive vehicle.

As an update, the dealer still has not received any 2012 E350 Sedans from the port, nor have any other dealers in southeastern Florida. My dealer called me last night and told me that the transport company said the cars will be in this weekend. From past experience this week, I would doubt it, but as soon as I get it, and try it out, I'll share my experiences with the new engine and new equipment.

2021 Genesis G90

• kish1970kish1970 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Was looking at the BMW 535 and Mercedes E-350. Based on reviews in this forum I am veering towards a Mercedes mainly due to stated problems on the BMW.

Now on the Mercedes:

1. Like the Sports Package but am concerned about the possible issues with the tires etc. and so decided on the Luxury Package. What do you think?

2. I am being offered 4K off MSRP and 3 year servicing free on the 2011. Can i Hope for any better?

3. On the 2011 i am not getting the color of my choice. If i do wait for a 2012 can i hope for a similar discount if I go back in 2 months? If so what is the discount on MSRP that i can hope for.

I am neither USAA nor any special discount category.

Eagerly awaiting responses
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I'd wait for the 2012. Mercedes usuaslly has good incentives in December, but they wont match the 2011 pricing. If you wait you'll get the new engine and the color you want, which will pay off at resale time. I'd go with the luxury model for the more comfortable ride, better tire wear, etc. Good luck.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Kish1970,

In regards to your Q2, I suspect that even without Conquest or USAA rebates, you should be able to get a 2011 model for >$4K off of MSRP.

That said, if you are partial to particular color and option set, I would wait for a 2012 as it will feature improved engine and mileage. And, as Kevinc5 notes, MB may offer compelling rebates during the holidays.

My two rupees...
  • bullsmentor123bullsmentor123 Member Posts: 11
    Just to share my recent experience with 2011 E350 from a New England dealer - was offered one for ~$6k off sticker (msrp was about $57k+, was offered $51k+). I did not qualify for the $4,000 conquest money). The $6,000 off was thrown at me at the beginning of the talks, so I presume maybe there was some more leeway but I eventually decided to wait for a similar discount on a 2012, so I didn't try to bargain.
    I think we all expect (and hope) to be able to get ~$10k off a 2012 next summer but I think even $6-7k off this winter will probably be good enough for me. For some the updates on the 2012 maybe minor but to me its worth waiting for and getting slightly more powerful and very slightly more economical engine, along with the updated interior (mostly steering wheel) and exterior (straight line DRL LEDs come to mind).
    Well, finally my dealer got my new 2012 E350 sedan from the port in Jacksonville this morning. I drove the new car about 50 miles this afternoon and these are my imporessions of the 2012 over my 2011 E350:

*The pick-up and acceleration are unbelievably superior to the 2011. Difference is 278 hp vs. 302 hp. Quite an improvement!!!

*The engine sounds "throatier", if you know what I mean. Sounds more like a V8 than a V6.

*The ride and handling seem a bit more responsive and "tighter" than my 2011. This could be due to the mere fact that they are different cars, since the suspension and wheels/tires are the same as last years.

*They increased the number of speakers in the car from 12 to 14 - with the Premium 1 or 2 packages - Harmon Karden. Surround sound seems more realistic than last year's model. I believe this is due mainly to the addition of the 2 speakers.

*Since I got the tire/wheel package with AMG wheels, the steering wheel is a sport steering wheel. Much nicer than last year's steering wheel - addition of more aluminum trim on the wheel - much sportier looking and feeling, as well.

*The car is equipped with a Premium 2 package. My 2011 had Premium 1. Big difference driving at night with the bi-xenon lights and cornering lights. Adaptive headlights also light up the round as you corner. Very distinct improvement in visibility over the 2011.

*Also have the contour seats - also a great improvement when adjusted correclty - they seem to hold me and grab me for support on both sides - less movement in the seat during turns.

*The car also came equipped with ventilated seats. Down here in Florida, they seem to be a necessity with the heat and humidity. They have three fan speeds for each front seat and really do cool the "derriere". Had to also get leather seats with these two options, and quite frankly, I do not notice the difference in the texture or feel of the seats - but do notice the aroma of the leather in the car over the MBtex seats on my 2011.

All in all, the greatest improvement is in the transmission (smoother gear shifts and more responsive with the changes they made) and the engine is gutsier and significantly more responsive. I LOVE MY NEW CAR and I know anyone who gets one will feel the same as I.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I am waiting for my dealer to get a 2012 bluetec e-350 because I want to see if the transmission has really changed in a noticeable way. It's actually the only difference between my 2011 bluetec other than the license plate lights.

The review above does not surprise me...the e needed a bit more power. I'm actually interested in trying a 2012 C350 which should be a terrific handling, sporty car.
    Yes, the transmission has a noticeable improvement in smoothness. In my previous E350, there was always a slight "jerk" in the transmission when first starting the car. When I would put in in "D", it kind of "jerked". My service dept. told me it's the same in all the 2010's and 2011's. This is not evident in my new 2012. I do not feel the gear changes as abruptly as I did in my previous car.

I took it out on the highway last night, and my fuel economy, according to the onboard computer, was 32 miles per gallon in cruise control for 25 miles. That's a huge improvement over my 2011, where I was lucky to get 26 mpg in cruise at 65 mph.

I mentioned in my review last night, as you read, that the engine sounds more "throaty". Sounds more like a V8 than a V6 when accelerating. Also, the acceleration is phenominal in comparison to the 2011. This is a car I am going to "KEEP". They have refined the E350 sedan into a sound, superior vehicle with the addition of the new transmission and engine. Also, the sound system is unbelievable with the addition of the two new speakers. Where they put the speakers is a question, but wherever they put them, the sound has improved significantly. It's like being in the studio where they recorded the music. The surround sound is outstanding.

I was lucky I had a previous loan with Mercedes Financial because I got the $1500 incentive discount as well as the 1.65% financing for 66 months (the reason I took out he long term loan is because of the outstanding rate - why not take advantage of it - they reduced the 1.9 rate to 1.65 because I used direct withdrawal from my checking account each month). The USAA incentive was a net of $1500 under actual dealer invoice (The incentive is for $500 over invoice less $2000, or a net of $1500 under invoice).

Another noticeable difference was in the steering. The steering is very "easy" in turning a low speeds, and stiffens up nicely as you increase speed.

I'll post more experiences with the new car after I've had a chance to put more miles on it.

2021 Genesis G90

• richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Abacomike, Good to hear you're enjoying your E as much as you are. Sounds like the wait was worth it. Did you get the dealer to tint the windows for you? I don't live in Florida but would still like a light tint to keep the heat out during the summer. Should I roll this cost into my lease or do it as an aftermarket addition? Thanks!
    Do it "aftermarket" or, in other words, pay for it yourself. A fairly good window tint for side and rear windows is about $135-$150, at least down here in Florida. If you put it on your lease (have the dealer install it and charge you back), you will be paying interest on that money, not to mention the fact that you are giving the dealer an opportunity to make some additional profit on you. If the dealer adds it for you and charges you separately on the lease, they will probably charge you $30 to $50 more for the tint than the dealer will pay for it (dealers usually have someone who does all if not most of their window tinting which means they have a bulk price which they might not want to pass on to you). Why pay interest in your lease on it?

As for tinting in general, my 2011 did not have an aftermarket tint on it and I had the car right through the hottest part of the year (June through September), and quite frankly, I really didn't miss the tint. Let me explain why:

First of all, I purchased a sun visor from my dealer for the front windshield (cost me about $65.00). Secondly, the car comes with a rear electric sunshade for the rear window. So, during the heat of the day, when my car is parked, I don't get much direct sun into the car because during the summer, the sun is directly overhead and does not come throug the side windows. I found that the car was no hotter inside than when I had the tinted windows on other cars.

With age (I just turned 67 and am retired) my eyes are not as sharp as they used to be. Night driving is more difficult with the tinted windows, especially in the rear, so I don't get tint.

Hope I answered your questions.

2021 Genesis G90

• bevbranbevbran Member Posts: 40
    I'm anxious to get in and drive one! Glad you're loving yours, Mike. Have fun!!!
  • sp11sp11 Member Posts: 6
    Hello abacomike,

Thanks for your input.

I am fairly new to the luxury car world ( I have never owned one) and have been looking to lease a 2012 E class sedan 4matic ( in the midwest).

I note you are happy with the 2012 E350 sedan and consider it much better than the 2011 counterpart, which I have test driven.

My understanding of the luxury car since childhood is that it should be smooth and refined in ride and I note you have bought the sport model.

How much difference is there in the ride and comfort for both driver and passengers between a sport and luxury model.

I have only test driven a sport version so far due to it being more readily available on the lot and the ride for me was fine. The dealer says the ratio between sport to luxury is like 9:1.

When I spoke to the dealer who is helping me out, he searched for only luxury models and we could not locate any that matches the colors and options I wanted so I may be forced to order one, which would take many weeks. But if I expanded my search for a sport version I may get one with the options I want, maybe ?.

Also I will probably not qualify for any of the discounts quoted in this forum.
    The luxury version I had configured for possible order has an MSRP of $ 61, 875 or so. In negotiating with the dealer how much discounts can I possibly get ?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks
    First of all, about 90% of all E350 Sedans produced are sport models, 10% are luxury models.

Secondly, the sport models have wider wheels/tires, and the tire/wheel sizes are different on the sport (fronts are different than the rears which means you cannot rotate tires on the sport models). On the luxury, the wheels are 17" front and back and tires are the same front to back while on the sport, they are 18".

Thirdly, the ride on the luxury is much softer and luxurious. The ride on the sport model is firmer and the car handles much better than the luxury. I would not purchase a luxury because I like a firmer, more responsive ride, and I like the 18" wheels compared to 17". I don't like the fact that I can't rotate tires, but I guess you have to give up something for better cornering and handling.

All my E350's have been sport models. Much more difficult to find a luxury model due to the reason I outline in the first paragraph or two above.

My new 2012 MSRP'd for $62325.00. I paid $55,000.00 + $599 dealer fee + tax and license/tag registration. There was a $1500 incentive from Mercedes Benz Finance for loyalty with 1.65% rate for 66 months. Then, there was a $2000 incentive through USAA. That was $500 over invoice less the incentive, or $1500 under invoice.

I was very satisfied with the pricing considering the E350 sedan just hit dealerships on Monday.

I am still averaging 33.2 mpg on the high at 65 mph in cruise. That is significantly better than my 26.5 that I got on the 2011.

All in all, I am totally satisfied with the new 2012. Acceleration is phenominal compared to 2011 as is the fuel economy.

Truly, the best E350 sedan I have ever owned (I've had 8 of them since 1987).

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks for your helpful advice.

You mention you paid $ 55,000 plus a few other fees despite MSRP of $62325. Was this the final price taken after the $1500 incentive and $2000 incentives you mention ? Or did you manage to lower the price even further than the $55K due to those incentives you mention.

Also, did you get any other specific discounts to get to the 55K figure like conquest or any other discounts ?

The reason I ask is because I am in the stage for price negotiation and since this is my first luxury car need to know how you arrived at such a good price. On my MSRP which I mention above, the dealer just quoted me split margin 7% with 3.5 % discount. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not.

Congratulations on your new car.
    3.5% discount on a new E350 (remember, they just came out with this car on Monday of this week), is actually a very good price. Remember, the USAA discount is based upon "invoice" of the vehicle plust $500.00. Invoice was a little over 58.000. Add $500.00 to that, then subtract $2000. Additionally, I received a $1500 incentive discount because I had a loan with Mercedes Benz Financial. Finally, I got a loan for 1.65% for 66 months because I had a previous loan with Mercedes Benz Financial (their rate was 1.99% less a percentage for direct withdrawal from my checking account for the monthly payment).

To the best of my knowledge, that was all I got as a discount.

They gave me 1000.00 more for my trade than Manheim auction prices for the car, which was also outstanding.

The $55,300 price was the final price after all incentive. To that, you add their dealer fee (down here in Florida, most dealers charge a fee, which is PURE PROFIT! If they charge the fee, they must charge all customers the same fee, by law, so that fee cannot be negotiated, however, the dealer, at its discretion, can take that amount off the pre-fee amount, then add the fee back in, if you know what I mean).

So, $55,300, + $599 + doc stamps for the loan, +title fee and tag fees, + sales taxes is what I paid.

Hope that helps you.

2021 Genesis G90

sp11,
    I have owned one of each---a Luxury and a Sport model. I'm currently driving a Sport model E350. I prefer the Luxury and am going back to it. It's really a matter of personal preference. As Mike pointed out, the ride of the luxury is smoother and I believe the Luxury cabin is quieter, probably mostly due to the different tires. I don't disagree that the Sport handles better, but the luxury model is no slouch. It corners pretty well at 110 mph on the Autobahn! (We did European delivery---a fabulous experience.) And, I fell in love with the Burl Walnut interior in the luxury and miss it. Sport....Luxury....it's all good. I don't see how you can go wrong with either! Enjoy yours!!
    Hi Mike,
    I'm not seeing invoice prices on Edmunds for: (2012) Premium 1....or Wood/leather steering wheel....or Active multicontour driver seat. Any idea on those or where I could find it?

And...opinion please, is Premium 2 worth the big bucks?
    Getting close to making a decision :-).
    Thank you!
    Go to www.cars.com and build your car. They have all the MSRP and invoice prices.

I've had premium 1 and now, for the first time, premium 2. I drive at night, and prefer the premium 2 because of the xenon lights, curve illumination, and cornering lights. Also like the Keyless Go. Trunk openr/closer is unnecessary. So, if you drive at night, I recommend the Premium 2. If you don't drive alot during the evening, it is not worth the 2200 more, in my opinion.

By the way, just hit 33 miles per gallon with the new 2012 E350. I GUESS I FINALLY HAVE AN ECONOMY CAR! Just kidding. But, it sure gets me more mpg's than any car I've owned.

2021 Genesis G90

OK, I'll check out cars.com. Thanks!
    That's a great assessment---day vs. night driving. Most of my driving is daytime, so that may answer that. Economy car? I'm in! I just got 27.9 on the highway with my '09 4Matic and was feeling pretty good about that. 33 is impressive!!
    Mike, I found invoice prices for everything except the Premium 1. Any guesses what invoice would be on that $4k msrp?

Also---opinions of active multi contour driver seat? I was thinking I'd like that---but dealer has a luxury modelcoming in with everything else I want, EXCEPT Active multi contour driver seat. Decisions, decisions...:-)
    Ignore my Premium 1 invoice question---the amount just popped into the Cars.com site---it's $3,720.
    I had a list of cars available sent to me by the dealer in which the pricing (MSRP) for premium 1 on the luxury models were listed at $3600 by the dealer.

The premium 2 if I remember correctly was around $6400 or something but I can verify that the premium 1 was listed as 3600.

Thanks for your reply and thanks also to Mike also for his detailed explanation to my questions.
    Thanks for your detailed explanation. It sure helps.
    Possibly Premium 1 was $3600 on the 2011's...but for 2012 the MSRP is $4000 according the MBUSA site and cars.com. Cars.com shows the invoice price at $3,720. Euro-flation? ;-)
  • mb1984mb1984 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I went with my father in law today (unplanned) to go car shopping. He decided that he wanted to purchase a 2012 E350. Based on my previous relationship with Mercedes in my area, I was not able to get much of a discount because the salesman told me that they don't mark up the prices like they used to so there is no room for haggling.

Well today, we looked at this 2012 E350 Sedan invoiced at $55,405. When we went into the salesman office, he said the best he could do was $54,872 with ttl and he will throw in 3 years free maintenance. On impulse, we agreed to it.

I currently have a loan with Mercedes Financial and was just aware of the $1,500 incentive from reading this forum. So now, I'm feeling really down knowing that I didn't get a good deal on this at all. Can someone shed some light?

Thanks in advance.
    Take $4000 and multiply it by .93 or $3720 is the cost of prem 1 pkg.

I have never had the multi-contour seat before (I have it now on the 2012). I like the fact that you can set it to "grab your sides" more tightly, giving you better support on turns. Also, that you can "extend" the length of the thigh bolsters - I'm 6'2" and that certainly mades driving more comfortable.

I have not tried the vibrating massage function yet (don't know why I haven't, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet). Best add-on option to me was the ventilated front seats - it was very warm and humid here on Monday, and the fan (3 speed choices for each front seat) really cooled by rear end and my lower back.

Hope this is helpful to you.

2021 Genesis G90

If you currently have a loan with Mercedes Financial, then you should qualify for the 1.9% financing for up to 66 months. I got 1.65% as there is a 1% markup on that rate for the dealer. Since he sold me the car for invoice, I agreed to the 1.65% so his finance man could make a few bucks. I only borrowed $18000 for 66 months at that rate. My dealer's general manager and sales manager told me to "never" pay off the loan because so long as I have an existing loan with MB financial, I qualify for any incentives such as the $1500 + the great rate.

It sounds like your salesman and his manager did not afford you with the oppotunity to save some big bucks.

First of all, the dealer will get the 1500 incentive instead of you. Next, unless you got a .9 % finance rate (remember there is a 1% markup on the 1.9 % rate) he made some more money.

He was correct in stating that up front profit on Mercedes Benz vehicles has been dropping every year, but their "hold-back" on a 62325 MSRP car like mine is over $2000.00.

So, even though my dealer sold me the car for $55320.00 (invoice was $58420), remember, I got 1500 for the MB Financial incentive and another $1500 net incentive from USAA. So, he made at least $2000 on the deal with his hold back.

It's their holdback that has been increasing yearly, but the difference between MSRP and the so called dealer invoice has been narrowing.

We all have to remember something - dealers would go out of business if they didn't make an average of at least $2000 per vehicle. So, just because they sold me a car for 3000 dollars below their so called invoice, they still made a nice net profit on the deal.

I hope this has helped.

2021 Genesis G90

All I try to do is pass on information to other E350 enthusiasts to help them get the best possible deal on a new E350.

The more information we have at our fingertips prior to going in to buy a car, the better chance we all have of getting a fair, if not good deal.

2021 Genesis G90

• drbltorontodrbltoronto Member Posts: 4
    Hey, everyone....I just picked up my 2012 E-350 last week from a dealer in Hamilton Ontario (just outside of Toronto). Canvasite blue with apaco(sp?) beige leather seats and about every option EXCEPT night vision. The intelligent cruise is AMAZING. The car has PLENTY of power, and gets better mileage than the Lexus IS-350 (same size engine) that I sold.

Abacomike....and other, question. I own this car straight out, want to keep for at least 4-5 years. I want the car to be pristine. What do you think about (remember I live in CANADA) 3m StoneGuard and/or MUDFLAPS on an E Class to avoid that nasty road spray/rock pellets???
    Ah, a multiple---.93, huh? Thank you!
    Since you've got the ventilated seats, I'd go ahead and turn the vibrating massage seats on high! lol...
    I, too, have long legs---once had a Mustang with extendable bolsters and loved them.
    As always, very helpful. Debating back and forth on what I want. It's exhausting ....
    I would put the mudflaps on, for sure. The stone guard may be unnecessary. I've owned a 2010, 2011 and now a 2012, and I've never had a problem with rock chips on the front of the car or the hood. I avoid dump trucks on the road like the plague - they are my number 1 hate on the roads today. When they go over bumps, they fling gravel and rocks out the rear - had a 2005 BMW and was hit with a rock on the top of my hood, had to have the entire hood repainted.

2021 Genesis G90

Is it possible to choose Premium 2 and stay with MB Tex, or do I have to go leather because of the heated/ventilated seats?

When I "build" the car online it lets me build it with MBTex and Premium 2, but if you choose the heated/ventilated seats individual option it forces you to pick leather.

I've had both leather and MB Tex, and while I miss the leather aroma, I like how the MB Tex is holding up better.
    edited October 2011
    You can get Premium 2 without leather, HOWEVER, if you want heated/ventilated seats, which to me is a requirement here in Florida during the summer, you MUST order leather. I believe the same is true if you select multi-contour adjustable seats with massage. It has to do with the fact that with ventilated seats, there are a multitude of perforations in the seats, MBtex seats do not "give" or stretch like leather does.

I prefer MBtex. They are easier to clean and hold up better to wear. This is the first Mercedes I've had with leather seating. And you are correct, they sure smell better than MBtex.

Quite frankly, the leather seats feel and look like the MBtex seats.

2021 Genesis G90

When I was driving today, I noticed that there is a BRAND NEW feature with the Sirius satellite radio service on the E350 - not only do you get traffic, but you also get WEATHER as well. On the screen, if you select the globe icon at the top right hand side, it brings up "weather". When you click on that, it brings up several options. 5 day weather forecast for the area you are in or you can select another vicinity or area, like if you are traveling from Miami to Jacksonville, you can get Jacksonville weather. It also has a "map" icon that, when you select, it shows you the weather map. When I selected that this morning, it showed the hurricane off the coast of the Yucatan Penninsula. Truly an amazing new feature. I believe it is included with the traffic option. I have used the traffic option many times and it is quite accurate and timely.

I seem to be finding more and more new technologies on the 2012 E350.

2021 Genesis G90

I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking Heated/Ventilated seats are part of Premium 2. So, what you're saying is that with P2, you can select MB tex but then you just get "heated" not ventilated on the seats? I can deal with that. If I ever move to Florida I'll reconsider ;-)
    No, heated/ventilated seats are not standard with the P2 package for the E350 sedan. I believe they are standard on the E550. You might want to recheck.

2021 Genesis G90

for 2012, heated and ventilated seats are standard in P2 package for all e's. Check the mercedes configurator on their site.
    edited October 2011
    I thought the same as you - that they were standard and that I was being charged for them inappropriately. So I called them (Mercedes Benz Customer Service). They researched it for me and got back to me. They said it WAS NOT A STANDARD FEATURE ON THE P2 PACKAGE FOR THE E350 SEDAN! I looked at my MSRP sticker they took off the left rear window of the new car and it shows what is included in the P2 package, and ventilated/heated seats are not listed. Instead, it is listed as an option. So I called them again, and they assured me that it was not a standard feature on the P2 pkg. Only "heated" seats are standard. They told me that their website was incorrect - that heated/ventilated seats are only standard on the AMG E63 and the E550, not the E350.

I would suggest that you give them a call yourself to satisfy your concern. I was just as concerned. Believe me, I checked into this thoroughly and I was satisfied with their response. Remember, if they charged me an additional $500 for an option that is standard on the car, they would have been liable for fraud, at the very least.

2021 Genesis G90

You are correct; despite the website, heated/ventilated seats are not part of P2 for E350. Ordered my car yesterday E350 Luxury 4Matic, Steel Grey, Black MB Tex, Burl Walnut trim, P2, Wood/leather steering wheel. To be built mid-November, expecting December delivery. (Fast, huh???) . With luck, USAA and MBFinancial incentives will still be in effect at delivery. Mike, hope I'm as lucky as you with that roll of the dice. :-)
    USAA incentives will always be available. The incentive right now is $2000 below invoice + $500.00. What that means is the dealer will sell you the car at $500.00 over invoice less $2000, or a net of $1500.00. The MB Financial incetive for customers currently on an MB Financial lease or loan, is $1500.00 + a 1.9% finance rate for up to 66 months. THat 1.9 % can be negotiated, which I did to 1.65. They have a 1% dealer markup.

I would guess that Mercedes Benz will also add other incentives for NOvember and December. Last year, you got 3 years of Mbrace services free. Remember, if you use the USAA incentive, any other incentives available to you cannot be used with the exception of the MB Financial incentive. For instance, if there is a loyalty or conquest incentive, it cannot be used in conjunction with the USAA incentive. Last year, I go the $1500 MB Financial incentive, but not the 2000 loyalty incentive offered to current MB owners.

If the car is scheduled to be built in mid NOvember, REMEMBER, it takes about 6 weeks from start of build to delivery to the port. So, you are running very close to end of December, beginning of January.

Good luck, I hope it comes prior to January.

2021 Genesis G90

• richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Ventilated seats require you to first upgrade to Leather seats. You can't get the ventilated seats with the MB tex. So it's a double whammy, cost of leather+cost of optional ventilation. Both separate options that must be ordered separately from other options.
    Yes! From what I have learned from the general manager at the dealer I buy my cars from is that the MBtex does not "give". Additionally, if you perforate a vinyl, it weakens it. That is why you must order leather.

And, you are correct in your statement that it is a double whammy. Leather is 1620 dollars along with the 500 dollars or so for the ventilated seats (all they do is perforate all the leather with holes and add a fan under each seat). So, you are paying over 2000 dollars to get ventilated seats. As I have mentioned before on this site, Mercedes Benz just seems to refuse to make leather standard, as does BMW (you must purchase Dakota leather or a premium package to get leather) on the E 350 as well as the C class. When you are purchasing a car for 56000 (or 62,350 in my case), you would think leather should be standard. Leather is standard on INfiniti, LExus, Jaguar, Cadillac, Lincoln, to name a few. Why not MErcedes?

I rest my case!

2021 Genesis G90

• wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    Do some research. Many buyers don't want leather. Myself, yes, but I'm on my way right now to pick up a 2012 Merc for my wife that has MB-TEX. She insisted on it because of durability, wear characteristics, and ease of cleaning.
    I agree with you. I"ve had MBtex on all my E350's, and quite frankly, I prefer that over leather. But, unfortunately, in order to get the ventilated seats, you must order leather. The ventilated seats cannot be ordered with MBtex. So, as you can see, I was forced to get the leather.

What I was trying to communicate is that most luxury cars come standard with leather. Mercedes does not, at least in its C and E class cars. As I also stated, I cannot tell the difference between MBtex and leather, with the exception of the aroma in the car from the leather.

If given a choice (which I was not), I would have the MBTex, especially here in Florida where the hot sun eventually deteriorates the leather.

2021 Genesis G90

I am south florida and I opted for the light beige M-tex interior rather than upgrading to leather with ventilated seats. The A/C is terrific in this car and I have not regretted my decision. If I wanted a black interior, I think I might have opted for the leather.

For those wondering why Mercedes doesnt make leather standard....the answer is obvious....competitive pricing combined with profit.
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    Ya know, the MB is perforated but to be honest I did feel they were a little warmer than leather.
    Thanks for your input.

But for 2012 you can get a walnut burl interior with the sport model.

I saw this in the cars I was looking at.
    I am happy to hear you say that USAA incentives will always be available. I'm counting on that and MBFinancial--and aware that they limit stacking of "certificates" beyond that. I was surprised that they thought the car would be delivered before the end of the year---I think that's wishful thinking! No worries---I've got lots of time left on my lease and it gives me time to save a little extra to cover my P2 splurge. :-)
    Yes, you're absolutely right---I saw that myself the other day! A beautiful option.
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Recently bought a close out 2011. Traded my 2010 E350. Gas mileage on the 2011 is improved. Just made a 200+ mi. freeway trip and averaged 31.5 @ 65mph. My car is a late production model for 2011. That with only 900 mi. on it and running the A/C.
    That and $9500 off made my day. Sure I would like a 2012 but don't think that I went wrong. Have P2 pkg.