Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2011
    Interesting comment about fuel economy. I have had a 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and now a 2012. The only difference between these cars, "engine wise" is the 2012 with the higher horsepower and improved fuel economy. Let me share with yhou my experiences regarding fuel economy.

Each car gave me a different average fuel economy. The best fuel economy I ever got on the E350 was on the 2010 (with the exception of the 2012). I got 29 mph on the highway at sustained speeds of 65 mph. City mpg was horrible, 15 - 16 mpg at best.

My 2011 was the worst. The best I could get was 26.5 mpg at sustained speeds of 65 mph in cruise control. No matter what gasoline I used, no matter what I did, I could not get more than 26.5 mpg.

My 2008 and 2009 got 27.5 average mpg at sustained highway speeds.

My 2012 currently gives me 32.2 mpg highway, but remember, it only has 345 miles on it and has not begun to break in yet. So I am expecting to get what my twin brother gets on his 2012 E coupe, 33.5 mpg. I know the coupe is a little lighter in weight, but still great economy.

So, in summary, it depends on the vehicle! In other words, your new 2011 gets 31.5, yet mine couldn't get more than 26.5. My service manager has a 2011 exactly like the one I had, and he gets 28.6 mpg. Each car delivers a different mpg average

Good luck with your new E350. If you enjoy it half as much as I did, you'll be in heaven.

The only reason I got the 2012 was for improved performance and economy. And so far, I'm getting exactly that.

2021 Genesis G90

• lightnnglightnng Member Posts: 17
    Leased a new 2011 E350 with Premium-1 yesterday.

33-month lease
    $3000 drive-off cost
    Prepaid maintenance for the duration of the lease
    15,000 miles/yr
    $587/month, all inclusive.
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    Mike, how's the difference in engines (2011, 2012) feel to you? I have the new engine and didn't own an '11 but drove one a few times. I think the old engine kind of had a low thrum to it and new one has a more snarly or growling sound over the top of the low hum.

The torque curve seems a little higher on the '12 and when it kicks in about 3k rpms it turns into a beast. It kind of begs to be wound up. Haven't had much chance to do that as it's still new.

Couldn't check gas mileage yet either - only gone through a half a tank.
    There is really no comparison (2011 to 2012). The 2012 responds quickly at low rpm's, especially when just starting off from a standing stop. You have be very careful as the engine responds so quickly. The same is true at middle rpm's. When I am on the highway, and want to pass another vehicle, I no longer have to kick it down hard to get to the speed I need to attain in order to pass. It just seems to accelerate without kicking it down.

I noted your comment about the sound of the engine. The 2011 sounded "tinnier", while the 2012 sounds "throatier". Even from a standing stop, as you accelerate, the engine sounds more like a V8 thand a V6. To be honest, it sounds like a muscle car. Not obnoxiously loud, just very "throaty". Remember, they retooled the engine with the new dual intakes boosting horsepower by 34 and boosting torque by 38 lb ft.

What amazes me is that they produced an engine with formidible horsepower (302) and increased fuel eonomy substantially.

When you compare this engine to the BMW 535i, the Mercedes Benz responds more quickly (300 hp vs 302 hp). Yet the BMW has higher torque than the Benz. We own a new 535i, and I find the Benz quicker and more responsive. They weigh about the same, but you are comparing an inline 6 with a V6.

Yes, this car is definitely a huge improvement over the 2011 and 2010 performance-wise.

2021 Genesis G90

• mb18mb18 Member Posts: 1
    Hi experts, How much below invoice should I be able to get the 2012 E350 Sedan fully loaded? What other incentives are allowed if I do not own a competitive car and MB finance account?

thanks in advance for your answer.
    edited November 2011
    Hi, mb18. I do not consider myself and "expert", however I do know alot about the E350 sedan.

I do not know what you mean by "loaded". There are so many different packages and options, some which you may not want or desire. Besides, it doesn't matter how loaded a mercedes is in determining the best price.

The only incentives I have seen are for financing rates (1.9%) and a lease special. I am not aware of any other incentives at the present time. You would have to check with your dealer or with "Edmunds" and build the car you want, exactly. Edmunds, the last time I checked, does not show prices yet for the E350 sedan, but "cars.com" does show them, along with invoice.

The rule of thumb with Mercedes Benz E350 sedans for determining dealer invoice is to subtract 875 from the MSRP. Multiply that number by .935 to determine the approximate dealer invoice (give or take 100 or so dollars), then add back the 875 (delivery charge). That will give you dealer invoice, but remember, TRUE DEALER COST IS ABOUT 3% LESS THAN THAT IF YOU INCLUDE HOLD BACK AND SPECIAL FACTORY INCENTIVES. which most dealers are reluctant to part with until the very end of the model year, and since the E350 sedans just hit the dealerships, and most dealers only have about 6 or 10 of them in inventory, they are not going to be very anxious to discount these cars very heavily.

Remember, I paid $55,300 + tax and dealer fees for my car, with an MSRP or sticker price of $62325.00 because I had the USAA incentive and the Mercedes Benz Financial incentive.

You ask the question, "HOW MUCH BELOW INVOICE" can I get a 2012 E350 sedan. My response would be, "...you would be lucky to get one right now for a thousand under MSRP Sticker.

2021 Genesis G90

• vikz001vikz001 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I (think) have a great offer on a new 2011 Blutec with P2 package for 48500 before tax and title. Do you think there is more room to negotiate the price down? From my research it looks like this is below invoice considering the options and trim. What am I missing here? Is the dealer selling it at a loss?

Also regarding the prepaid maintenance ... is that negotiable or is it a standard price that MB has on their website? Do you recommend that I take it for atleast the first 4 years? Does this maintenance cover the bluetec liquid refill that is required every 10,000 miles?
  • revrasrevras Member Posts: 63
    coming out of a 2009 E350 lease in March. Currently paying $500 for 15k year w 1800 upfront costs which were due at signing. Any way I can accomplish the same sort of deal in today's financial climate? I know I am eligible for pull ahead, so could get out of lease now and loyalty incentive as well. Think there will be better deals for December etc. ?Right now I am getting quotes for about $660 for 12k lease , 1800 upfront for E 350 lux p1 package. Thanks .

Who knows it might be time for that Buick Lacrosse AWD.. eeek.
    First, without knowing MSRP, there is no way to tell how you are doing. If the car has a P2 package, I am assuming the MSRP is around 59,000. IF he offered you 48,500, I would consider that a good deal. There is no change in cars from 2011 to 2012, so there is no incentive to buy a 2012.

As for maintenance, I would offer him 49,000 plus 3 years of maintenance. See what he says.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited November 2011
    what's the $1800 up front??? bad idea. Use the same money for multiple security deposits. If they won't give you the maintenance, see if you can add it to the lease like any other feature so you only pay the residualized amount (if the car is worth 50% at the end of the lease, you would only pay 50% or the maintenance cost....if you can residualize it). Different dealers seem to think it can or can't be done...and both have been accepted by mercedes finance.
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    List $68,605- P2, Apperance, Metallic paint, Lane Departure....36 month lease, 10k miles, 3 yr maint. plan. $695 p/month (including NJ sales tax) $1900 out of pocket (1st month, title, reg, tags, bank fee) also includes fleet of $2k and loyalty of $2k-

Thoughts???
    Use multiple security deposits which may reduce your monthly payments considerably. Why pay the bank fee up front...just roll it into the lease.
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Do yo u know if the price seems ok?
    edited November 2011
    I think you are mistaken. Let's assume a lease (not including taxes) without multiple security deposits is 500 per month for a 36 month lease. That is $18,000 you are going to pay out for the lease term without any money out of pocket. Let us assume you put out a multiple security deposit, all you are doing is reducing the interest rate you are going to pay on the lease. It does not reduce anything else, just the money factor, which is the interest. If you put any money down, let's say $1800, that means you would be paying $20.00 a month less, or $480 a month, for the lease.

If you roll your down payment and security deposit into the lease, and let's assume it is $2000.00, that means you are increasing the lease cost by $55.00 per month.

I was a general manager in a new car dealership for many years, and I've never heard of "disappearing" payments like you describe.

Every dime you put down divided by 36 is what you will reduce your monthly payment by. Every dime you roll into your lease multiplied by 36 is what you will pay. You save nothing more than a reduced interest or money factor rate, that's all. If you save 2% in interest, that's all you save, the 2% interest on the total amount borrowed (total amount borrowed is the total cost of the car, not just the cost of the lease as the leasing company or leasing arm of the motor car division is purchasing the total car, then renting it to you for a fixed term.

Mulitple security deposits are good if they reduce the interest rate or money factor significantly, which is not the case in most instances due to the low money factor (assuming good credit of 720 or higher) at the present time due to the low cost of money in today's market.

Is this what you were trying to communicate? That you save money by reducing the money factor of the lease? If so, you are correct. If you mean you can save payments or by rolling more into the lease you are only paying the residualized portion, that is incorrect. Whatever you roll into the lease is mulitplied by the months for which you are leasing the vehicle. IN other words, one way or the other, you will pay that amount, not the leasing company.

And as for the bank fee, if it is 1000.00, divide that by 36 months, and that is what you will add to the monthly payment PLUS interest.

2021 Genesis G90

• revrasrevras Member Posts: 63
    good point.. I am not sure what the 1800$ is. I have MB loyalty as I am in a current lease and should not have to pay for a new security deposit Im thinking as well. Any other ideas as to what the $`1800 upfront cost line as standard refers to?
    edited November 2011
    Unfortunately, although you were the general manager of a dealership, you may have never taken the time to actually run two cases....one where a buyer puts $5000 down vs one where the buyer puts nothing down and uses the $5000 for multiple security deposits. Ask a friend or dealer to run both those cases...and then compare the total amount payed over the life of the lease. I've done it, and I have taken two finance managers and general managers thru the numbers after calculating both leases and they saw why MSD's were a good deal. Now they both offer multiple security deposits to folks because it saves the customer money. BTW, you can compare the multiple security case to a case where the customer pays nothing down and doesn't do multiple security deposits...Multiple Security Deposits are still the best way to go, if you can afford to make them. Effectively you are earning about 10% on the money you are loaning Mercedes. I'd rather do that then have that $5000 sitting in the bank making less than 1%.

As far as building maintenance into the lease, Mercedes, for some unknown reason, seems to allow you to treat maintenance just like a feature on the car. As you know, you pay the difference between the negotiated price for the car and it's residual value over the life of the lease ... plus interest. Since maintenance is considered a feature, you pay only 100-the residual percent over the life of the lease. If the residual is 75% on a two year lease, (e.g. e class bluetec) you would pay only 25% of the total cost of the maintenance or $250 plus some interest, even though you would get $1000 worth of maintenance. I know this sounds crazy...but that's how some dealers do mercedes leases if you buy mercedes maintenance (I should say that some dealers do it this way...others say you can't do this...Mercedes has accepted both leases and never questioned them...but I can't tell you what Mercedes instructs dealers to do, I can only talk about what customers have been able to do....read back in this forum).
    It may just be a down payment to make the monthly payments look lower....in my view, you shouldn't have to put any money down...it's a poor financial decision.
    Like I told you, you save money on interest, that's all you save. I'm not going to argue with you about this. Let's see if anyone else has something to say on this topic.

2021 Genesis G90

• dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    ghstudio is indeed correct on the money saved over the total lease term vs. putting money down (cap cost reduction). I was skeptical as well, but I made a simple excel spreadsheet, and to my surprise, the total money I would put in was higher under a downpayment scenario with base MF. A quick example follows below,

Assumptions:
    MSRP = $60K
    Sale Price = $52500 (assume discount $7500)
    Lease = 24/12
    Assume RV = 76%
    Assume MF = 0.00200
    Tax rate = 8%

Scenario 1. Put $5000 downpayment, No MSD
    Monthly depreciation = $125
    Monthly interest charges = $188
    Monthly payment (including tax) = $338
    Total money in over lease term = $13752 (includes DMV fees)

Scenario 2. Put $0 down, MSD + autopay (0.0008 MF reduction)
    Monthly depreciation = $333
    Monthly interest charge = $119
    Monthly payment (including tax) = $488
    Total money in over lease term = $12354 (includes DMV fees)

As you can see, the monthly payment under scenario 1 is much less than scenario 2, but because of the $5k down, one ends up paying ~$1500 more over the life of the lease.
    Yes, I agree. But it is because of the reduced interest. When you put 5000 into a multiple security deposit, you are reducing the amount of interest charged over the term of the lease. I have no disagreement about savings. The only disagreement I had was why there was a savings. By putting down multiple security deposits, the interest on the loan is reduced.

Most people do not choose the multiple security deposit option because they don't want to put that much money out up front, even though they get that money back. I, personally, would put out the money up front in order to save substantially on the lease.

But I haven't leased a car in many years. I buy them, especially with an interest rate of 1.65% interest over 66 months. It's almost like getting free money to use, if you know what I mean. The most I would get on $18000 (the amount I financed) over a 5 year 6 month period is 1.2% compounded. So I'm actually using their money for a net of .45%, simple interest, not counting the income tax I would have to pay on the interest. Additionally, because preowned Mercedes Benz vehicles that are between 2 and 3 years old have increased substantially in value over the past few years, I find it wiser in my situation, being retired, to purchase, not lease. I cannot deduct anything from my taxes for leasing because I am not working any longer. Who knows how much longer we will be able to deduct business expenses from our income taxes, especially the way both parties are talking about flat taxes or "flatter" tax rates.

Only time will tell. And thanks for taking the time to respond.

2021 Genesis G90

edited November 2011
    Thanks for the example Dewars... Purchase makes sense when you plan to keep the car for 5 years....I keep a car 2 maybe 3 years at the most...I like change. Leasing makes sense for me because a) I can deduct part of the cost; b) I know what my car will be worth after 24,30,33,36 months (not that I get the money, but it's the residual value). I am almost positive that the residual value on my 2011 bluetec is far in excess of what a dealer will be able to sell the car for in 24 months.

I believe that most people don't take multiple security deposits because a) they are unaware of the option; b) they think that paying the money up front lowering their monthly payment is wonderful; c) dealers don't understand multiple security deposits; d) dealers know that a low monthly payment sells car, so they push money down.

abacom...sounds like you made the right financial decision for your situation. For those like me who like to change cars, multiple security deposits are almost always a great option.

Finally, if you look at Dewar's example...you save $1400 over 2years by loaning Mercedes $5000. that's over 12% per year on that $5000. Compare that to just keeping that money in a money market account, CD or bank account for two years...earning less than 1%.
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Great discussion on leasing options! Thanks.

Does anyone have the latest lease terms?
    I'm looking at a 2012 E350 4matic, I'd like to know the terms on both the gas and the Bluetec.

Also, when you talk about multiple security deposits, how much per deposit? how much of a reduction do you get in the rate per deposit?

You state that you get the deposit back at the end of the lease, do you earn interest on the deposit?
    thanks!
    edited November 2011
    There is no bluetec 4matic in the US....so that's not an option.

Each security deposit towards your maximum 10 security deposits is your calculated monthly payment rounded up to the next $50. Different dealers seem to do this different ways and no one seems to know how it's supposed to be done. In my case, they said that each security deposit was my monthly payment including tax (no rounding up). Others have had their monthly payment without tax rounded up to the nearest $50. In both cases the discount for the multiple security deposits is used to calculate the monthly payment and the security deposits.

Each security deposit reduces your MF by .00007 so if you take the maximum of 10, your MF is dropped by .0007. This drop in MF can amount to $50 a month saving. No, there is no interest on the security deposits...the "interest" is the $50/month that you are saving. That is an effective interest rate in excess of 10% in most cases.

Mercedes dealers seem to play with money factors and acquisition fees....they raise them to inflate their profit. The acquisition fee should be $795...if your dealer is charging more, he is keeping it as profit. Tougher to determine is when the dealer marks up the money factor. Unless you determine the rate for your tier by looking at the finance manager's screen or some document from Mercedes Finance, assume that they are marking that up for even more profit. Some dealers use Tier 2 as the base rate which is wrong....your base rate is based on your credit tier and good credit is Tier 1.

Finally, multiple security deposits aren't applicable to "promotional rates"...however they still can result in lower cost, but only if the dealer doesn't mark up those money factors.

Confusing I know...but mercedes finance does not enforce anything with their dealers and they seem to accept any lease the dealer writes, whether it follows the rules or not. This becomes even more obvious if you buy mercedes insurance as part of your lease. Some dealers include it as a "feature" so like any other feature, if you are charged a MSRP for service of $1000 and your lease has a 60% residual, you will only pay $400 for that service. Sounds great and it is...but some dealers won't do it that way, some dealers will tell you that mercedes will only allow you to residualize $600 of the maintenance and others will tell you that you have to pay the entire $1000 over the length of the lease. It doesn't matter which is correct because different dealers do it different ways....and mercedes finance seems to accept it no matter how the dealer does it. You just sort of have to wing it and see what your dealer will do for you.

It's a financial swamp out there. Dealers don't understand Mercedes leasing program, some don't understand multiple security deposits, some don't know that you can residualize at least part of maintenance, but they do understand how to mark what they do know up to make more profit. I wish I could give you accurate answers, but the fact is that since mercedes finance pretty much accepts anything, it's just up to you to negotiate whatever you can. Hopefully there's some useful information in this and my other posts to help.
    Thanks for the update, let me restate to see if I understood correctly.

Max of 10 security deposits
    Each deposit is equal to your monthly payment
    Each deposit reduces your MF by .00007

So if your monthly payment is $600 and I want the max, then I put down a depost of $600 x 10 = $6000?

MB holds my deposit for the duration of the lease and returns it to me at the end of the lease?

Is that correct?
    edited November 2011
    You got it.... but understand that there seems to be no fixed policy by dealers and/or mercedes on the actual amount of each security deposit. In my case, I paid my actual monthly payment including tax as each security deposit with no rounding. Others have paid their monthly payment (not sure if it was with or without tax) rounded up to the next $50. Based on posts in this and other forums, Mercedes finance seems to accept whatever the dealer does.

Be careful about saying that you're putting money down....you are not. You are making multiple security deposits. Putting money down is just paying in advance so your monthly payments are smaller and you don't get that money back. Big difference. I know you know this...but don't confuse the dealer by using the wrong words.
  • ucsfucsf Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Can someone tell me if the $4,000 Conquest Cash applies to the 2012 E350? I know the $2,000 Conquest Cash applies to any new 2011 or 2012 models. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    The $4000 was on 2011 E-Class models... The 2012 E-Class only has $2000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rrosenbecarrosenbeca Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Working this deal:
    E350 Sedan Luxury P1
    $48900 negotiated price
    30 month lease 12K miles/yr.
    MF .00192 for tier 1a credit
    Autopay reduces MF by .00001
    Dealer says "Mercedes doesn't do MSDs anymore."
    Options: $795 Acquisition, $448 license fees
    Option 1: $1852.81 cap cost reduction/downpayment @$546.85/month incl tax
    Option 2: $3719.59 cap cost reduction/downpayment @$523.58/month incl tax
    Does California allow MSDs?
    Does MF look right?
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    2011 OR 2012?
  • rrosenbecarrosenbeca Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, 2012
    As far as I know, multiple security deposits are OK in California and Mercedes has not "stopped taking them".....the dealer is just too lazy to look up how to calculate a lease with MSD's...and frankly if they are not truthful about this, I'm not sure I'd do business with them at all...what else are they not telling you or not telling you correctly.

Don't make any capitalized cost reduction...it's a fake savings..you are just prepaying money so divide that capitalized cost reduction by the length of the lease and add that to your monthly payment because that's what you are paying. It's just a bad idea to prepay that money in case the car is totaled of stolen....you lose gap insurance.

Autopay reduces the mf by (I think) .0001 certainly not .00001.

The current promotional mf on gas e350's is .00165, I think not what you were quoted. If you do multiple security deposits, I think the mf would be .00225 less .0007 or .00155 so maybe it's not worth loaning Mercedes all that money just to save .0001...I'd have to look at the numbers.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to find every way to make extra dollars.....again, I think I'd find another dealer who wants to deal with you fairly.

Also, look into buying the mercedes service because you may be able to residualize it and pay only a portion of the "msrp". Ask your dealer, when you find a good one, to calculate the lease with and without service. I said calculate...not guess on a piece of paper because mercedes lease calculator does funny (good) things with maintenance that aren't logical but work to your advantage. (read back thru this board because this is a "your experience may vary" item).
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    I'm in CA, and I leased an E350 bluetech at the end of Sept, and I can attest that some dealers will accommodate MSD. I had a similar issue as local San Diego dealers were reticent to provide MSD, yet I found several dealers in OC that were willing. I chose MB of Long Beach as not only did they honor MSD, but they also did MSD off of the buy rate MF at the time which was 0.00192. So, coupled with autopay, the MF was 0.00112.

Cheers!
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Sorry to be so slow in making a reply;but I spend most of my time on BENZ.ORG. Re.E350. My 2010 would also get to approx 29mpg oh hwy. My 2011 seems to get 5-10 % better milage on both city & hwy. Also best mileage is on 100% gas--NO 10% ethenol. Had to make the same 200 mi trip and had E10. Mileage dropped to 29mpg.

Now have about 1600mi on odo and will post when I have more info.
    edited November 2011
    Per Ghstudios comment, I'm surprised they didn't make you include the prepaid maintenance as part of the lease deal. I've read here that it's required for new leases. Even if it's not, sounds like a worthwhile investment. If you don't maintain it properly there could be penalties at the end of the lease.
    I believe that they can't require it, by law....that would be a tie in sale. What they can require is that you perform maintenance somehow /somewhere and follow their required maintenance schedule.

However, in my case, they didn't even offer the mercedes maintenance plan, they offered a "better" plan for the same price. However, I found out that it was not residualizeable. I confronted the finance manager (that's the correct word) with the fact that they didn't offer me mercedes maintenance which was residualizable (to my benefit, perhaps not to theirs) and after a brief discussion, they calculated out what the lease would have been with the mercedes maintenance and refunded me the difference. So no, they didn't require it, they didn't even offer it :)

It may or may not be a worthwhile investment for some....but on my bluetec, I think I effectively paid $200 for the A and B service I'll need during the lease. That does not include bluetec fluid (which I will add myself)...and I might get tire rotation as well....that's hazy but I'm not asking.
    edited November 2011
    On a BlueTec (Diesel), maintenance is critical due to the diesel engine (diesels tend to be "dirtier" running engines than gasoline engines). I'm very surprised they did not offer you the maintenance plan, especially in the fianance department, because the finance people (at most dealerships, all finance personnel who present leases, finance contracts and/or title applications, etc., have the title of "finance managers") make a "kick-back" on items sold to the customer such as maintenance, tire/wheel insurance, extended warrantees, and other forms of insurance, etc. In fact, in the dealerships where I was a sales manager, the finance manager(s) is required to present the customer with an AFTER-MARKET menu, which the customer must sign-off on as proof it was presented to the customer! If the finance person makes a commission, remember, the dealership also makes a kick-back as well. Thus, by not offering the Mercedes Benz maintenance plan to a customer, the dealership could be losing opportunities for additional profits, not just the finance person!

Tire rotation is usually a part of the A and B services at most, if not all, dealerships. As a side note, tire rotation inclusion on the sport models is worthless due to the fact that you cannot rotate the tires on the sport models because front tires are a different size than the rear tires.

If the scheduled services can be residualized on a lease, it is definitely worthwhile considering the fact that the cost of an A service is about $325 and a B service is about $400+. This all depends upon the length of your lease and the number of miles you are expecting to drive during the lease term.

2021 Genesis G90

I have 900 miles on the odometer on the 2012 E350 sedan so far, and on Sunday, with an uninterrupted trip on I95 here in south Florida of 135 miles in cruise control at 65mph, I got 33.2 miles per gallon on a round trip. To me, THAT'S PHENOMINAL considering the fact that I owned a 2010 and a 2011 E350 sedan where the best I was able to do was 29 mpg! An increase of 12 - 15% in fuel economy with oil prices sky-rocketing right now at over $103 a barrel is going to pay-off in "spades", to be sure! This new "Blue Efficiency Engine and Transmission" in the E350's has improved fuel economy sustantially (as I stated above) while, at the same time, has increased horsepower by 12% (from 268 to 302) in th 2012's.

Unfortunately, here in Florida, it is almost impossible to get pure gasoline because the state legislature passed an "ethanol" bill under our previous governor requiring all gasoline sold in Florida to have a minimum of 10% ethanol. So long as the federal govenment provides subsidies for ethanol producers, pure gasoline will be difficult, if not impossible, to find here in the state of Florida or most other "flat" states (non-mountainess terrain) like Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

As for the 2011's over the 2010's, I must have had a poor performing engine in my 2011 in order to get better fuel economy in my 2010 than the 2011.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike...they did offer me maintenance, just not mercedes maintenance. The difference is that mercedes maintenance is residualizable and the "better" maintenance package is not. I took the only maintenance package offered for $800...a couple of days later, after stumbling on how mercedes handles maintenance, I pointed out to them that they didn't offer me what I wanted (and I actually was very clear that I only wanted the minimum maintenance) which was the mercedes maintenance plan. Since my residual was 75%, they recalculated as if I had purchased the mercedes package and they refunded me roughly 75% of what I had paid since they couldn't adjust the lease that they had already submitted.
  • mrashy2004mrashy2004 Member Posts: 15
    Hi

2011 e350 4 matic (new)

MSRP is $58, 235

Selling price is $48, 200

A discount of $10,000. Should I get the 2012 instead?

Thank you.....
    edited November 2011
    I would as you if you qualify for the "conquest" incentive, the USAA incentive, and/or the Mercedes Benz Financial incentive. If you qualify for one or the other, you could save an additional 2,000 to 4,000 dollars, assuming the price they gave you does not include one or more of these incentives.

The 2012's went up in price about $1000.00 in MSRP. Additionally, the incentives available are as follows on the 2012:

USAA (if a member) incentive is 500 above factory invoice less 2000, or a net of 1500 below invoice. USAA will calculate the invoice price and the net cost of the car for you.

Mercedes Benz financial is offering 1.9% interest for up to 66 months. YOu can even negotiate that rate down a little since they have 1% markup.

Mercedes Benz Financial is also offering an additional 2000 incentive if you curently lease or have a loan with them.

If you don't qualify for any of the above incentives, then you will be paying quite a bit more for the 2012 over the 2011.

I bought my car (MSRP was 62,325) for $55,330 after the USAA incentive and the MB financial incentive (which was 1500 last month). I also got 1.65% interest rate on a 66 month loan (I borrowed 18,000). So, considering most dealers have very little inventory on 2012 sedans right now, I did pretty good. But, with no incentives, I would get the 2011 for 10K off.

I think they still have a conquest incentive, but I am not sure of that.

The only change in the 2012 over the 2011 is the engine and transmission. The new engine is rated 20 city, 30 highway mpg. I'm getting as much as 33 mpg highway right now, which is a big improvement.

I think the 2011 with incentives is a much better deal than you can currenlty get on the 2012.

2021 Genesis G90

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The offer includes the 4,000 conquest cash. Can I stack it with the 2, 000 Mercedes financial since I have another Benz on a lease?

Thank you...
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    Hi ghstudio

Do you know if they are still giving 4k for conquest on the e63 AMG I have a Lexus and a 2010 E550 an can I use both together? Thanks for any help..
    Yes! You can always bundle a Mercedes Benz Financial incentive with any other incentive. That is the only incentive you can actually bundle. I bundled USAA with the Mercedes Benz Financial incentive.

The only thing you cannot bundle is conquest with cash incentive from Mercedes Benz, itself. For some reason, only incentives from the Financial arm of Mercedes (which is actually Chase, by the way) can be bundled together.

As for the problem you have with the "second car" being a Mercedes, I don't know. In other words, since you are not coming off lease or the car you are trading in does not have a loan on it from MBfinancial.

See if the dealer will add the MB financial incentive, since you actuallly do have an open lease with MB financial.

I'd be interested in hearing what happens!

2021 Genesis G90

• sanvsanv Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I got the following price, after the $2000 conquest yesterday:

MSRP - $58850
    Price offered - $51000

Is this a good price? What prices did any of you pay for a 2012, if you bought one recently, or what price were you offered? Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    edited November 2011
    I would think so. Mine was $62325 MSRP and I paid $55300, or about the same as you did. I also got 3 years of Mercedes Benz Maintenance included, which prices out at about $750. I did not qualify for conquest as I drive Mercedes Benz products. I got the 2000 USAA incentive, along with 1500 for loyalty from Mercedes Benz Financial.

Any price that is less than 2000 below invoice "without incentives" is excellent due to the shortage of 2012's out there right now. My dealer told me he ordered a ton of sedans, but they are sending him 1/2 of what he was able to order. I don't know why Mercedes Benz is cutting production, but it sure reduces inventories.

Good luck with your new E350. I love mine - best E350 I've ever owned.

I even checked out COSTCO but none of the dealers who are associated with them down here would provide a competitive price on an E350 sedan due to the shortage of vehicles.

2021 Genesis G90

The Financial incentive is for the 2012 only?
    edited November 2011
    No. I believe there are still incentives for 2011's, if there are any left. But, Mercedes Benz has added additional incentives on 2012's.

1. Mercedes Benz Financial incentive if you are currently in a lease or have an existing loan with them - 2000.00

2. Loan incentive of 1.9% (which is negotiable by the way because they have a 1% mark-up on the rate) up to 66 months.

3. An additional incentive to current owners of Mercedes Benz.

4. USAA incentive is invoice + 500 LESS 2000.00

You cannot bundle USAA incentive with conquest or loyalty incentive, but you can bundle Mercedes Benz Financial loyalty with USAA. You can bundle Mercedes Benz Financial Loyalty + special incentive + special finance rate.

2021 Genesis G90

Hi,

I spoke to two different dealers and they said they can not stack the conquest cash with the Mercedes financial incentive (2,000). I am assuming they just don't want to do it?

Thanks...
    edited November 2011
    That is correct. I must not have explained the "bundling" issues properly. Conquest Cash is for buyers who do not have a Mercedes Benz currently. You can, however, bundle the Mercedes Benz Financial incentive with USAA, which is what I did. Last month, the incentive was only $1500 for MB financial which I bundled with the USAA incentive (a net of $1500 below invoice because the USAA pricing is invoice +500.00 less $2000.00). Thus, I purchased the car for a total of $3000.00 below invoice and also got 3 years Mercedes Benz Maintenance which is worth ab out $1000.00. But rememer, factory invoice is different than dealer invoice. There is a 2% holdback for the dealer on every car they sell. Thus, if they sell you a car for their so called "invoice", they still are making 2% profit. On my car, that works out to be aboutg $1800.
    Also, you can bundle the above incentives with 1.9% financing for up to 66 month. That 1.9% rate IS NEGOTIABLE because the buy rate for that money is only .9%. I was able to negotiate a rate of 1.6% for 66 months. I always take out a loan with Mercedes Benz Financial because of the incentive they offer to those buyers who currently have a lease or loan with them.

By the way, I don't remember is I mentioned this before, but Chase Bank is Mercedes Benz's financial broker for all these loans. Even though my loan is with MB financial, when I call to ask questions, etc., you are actually speaking with a Chase employee.

2021 Genesis G90

• storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    While it's a good idea to use Multiple Security Deposits, MBF will not let you combine MSD's with special (discounted) money factor.

Since E350 BlueTec does not have the special money factor, it's definitely a good idea. Especially E350 BlueTec has one of the highest residual on the market! But regular E350 sedan already have special money factor, so you have to see if it makes sense to use MSD + standard money factor, or just special money factor without MSD's.