Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,112
    Yes. My Dad took out a $250 insurance policy on his ring. Cost us $25.00. Then, we were qualified for the USAA incentive.

Yes, that is the kind of deal that people are getting with loyalty,etc. That's what I got, $7200 below sticker plus 3 years of maintenance, worth almost $1000. The USAA incentive was only $1500 ($500 over invoice less $2000). I was able to get both the USAA and the loyalty, as well.

Sounds like you got a great deal. I just hope they get the car to you quickly. My port of entry is in Savannah. Then, they load it on a truck to Jacksonville. The Jacksonville port is not large or deep enough for the kinds of ships that bring Mercedes Benz Vehicles to this country. So there is a longer delay.

Just hope you get it right after New Years, or, who knows, before? You are going to love the car. Those incentives sure come in handy, don't they? You got $4000 in incentives because of the double loyalty available - owner loyalty and MB Financial Loyalty.

Just enjoy, and Happy New Year to you and your family!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• lawcarlawcar Posts: 81
    Yes, I was thinking about keeping car for 7 years, only because my thoughts on buying were that I could own a car without payments for several years after the car is paid off, which is why I was going the purchase route rather than the lease. My deal is $7,000 below MSRP (inc. BMW conquest) at the 0.9% with $2,500 down and payments of $891/month for 60 months. The financing guy said that with my excellent credit and low down payment (less than tax and license), he would suggest a 51 month lease (since I was going the 60-month purchase), the drive off would be around $1,300 and payments would be $756/month ($135/month less than buying), with $0 cap and $27,000 residual which could probably be negotiated down when lease expires. I thought I would still go the purchase route. What do you think about the 51-month? I know that most leases are 36 months and MB normally has 30 months.
    With the extra service package, I was doing the numbers and while the extra $5/month for 66 months only adds up to $330, the extra 6 months at $896/month totals $59,136, which is $5,676 more than $891/month for 60 months. This is quite a bit more than first blush at the $2,895 package (since it is being financed). I saw what you said about the extended warranty; if I don't keep car more than 4 years I don't need it, and I can always buy it later.
  • Mike, do all the MBs go to one port (Savannah?)...or does it depend upon what part of the country they're headed to?
  • bzjambzjam Posts: 11
    I'm in Houston. The 2 dealerships that would go $6,000+ off were MB of Sugarland and MB of Houston North.
    No, Jersey has one, LA, Seattle, New Orleans

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

Yes! You just need to do what is best for you now. You have your deal, the rest is just signatures.

Good luck.

edited December 2011
    Hello, All,
    I would first like to thank everyone who has posted comments and suggestions and given information about the E350. Although I never met Mike or heard of him two weeks ago when I started looking at the E350, I truly appreciate the time and patience he has given to all of us; after all he isn't getting paid for this. I, for one, have learned so much. We all have opinions and maybe the impersonal nature of the Internet allows us to say things we wouldn't say if we were face to face. In any event, to all who agree or disagree, let's remember that we all have the E350 in common, either now or in the future.
    I don't know why I bother, but here it goes again.

I got 7200 below sticker off my deal, PLUS I got 3 years of maintenance. That's almost 8000 below sticker off the car I ordered and got in October. if your deal was 7000 below sticker, then the dealer lost almost 3000. If your dealer wants to lose $3000 (less his hold back which is about $1500, then fine.

If you say you found a dealer who would sell you a car for a loss, then that's what you did. Without incentives or dealer cash or loyalty, which means the dealer has nothing to present to Mercedes for reimbursement, then he just lost money.

HAVE LOTS OF LUCK WITH YOUR NEW CAR

Will do. Thanks again for all of your assistance and have a great new year!
  • tranavtranav Posts: 30
    I've had offers from several MB dealers in Southern California up to $9000 off the MSRP on new 2012 MB E350 for purchase and finance with MB at 1.99% interest.
  • Try getting GAP insurance through your own car insurance. It may cost less money.
    Thanks for the suggestion. My insurance company charges only $100 but pays only 25% of the gap between what the regular insurance would pay and the loan balance. I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the gap coverage through Mercedes.
    MB of Encino. Look up the Internet manager. We can't post names or phone numbers. They didn't volunteer everything up front but honored his commitment when I asked about certain things and negotiated the final price.
  • Hi Tranav,
    Can you please mention the name of the dealership in Southern CA. Thanks
  • Me too. Love to hear the stories. I can get the loyalty incentive (have R350 and C300 in my garage). No USAA. Had a MBFin acct but paid off. Where do we see these huge incentives for 2012 E350. I am in San Deigo. Details pease.
    Hi,
    Go to MB in Torrance, CA, ask for a gal with initials of R.F. since I cannot tel her name in here. She's been helping me with basics MB 2012 E350 with MSRP of $55,265 and off course $9K discount. Hopefully you buy from her because she and her colleague are really nice and easy going. Good luck
    Don't go to Fletcher Jones since they gave me only $7K discount and they're really A.H.
  • hi Mike!

I have a question for you. I live in South Florida and the dealer is adding sale tax to the "negotiated selling price" for about $3700 (7%)... and then there is tax again on the base monthly payment. is that correct? are we supposed to pay tax twice?
    I thought the big tax is paid on "purchases" and use tax on leases against the base monthly payment.

Thanks!
  • thanks. I appreciate it.
  • I'm in SD as well, and after consorting with all 3 local dealers and some in OC, we went with MB of long beach. They are transparent and offer the best overall deal by far. Ask for salesperson G.O.

Cheers!