Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Try getting GAP insurance through your own car insurance. It may cost less money.
  • lawcarlawcar Posts: 81
    Thanks for the suggestion. My insurance company charges only $100 but pays only 25% of the gap between what the regular insurance would pay and the loan balance. I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the gap coverage through Mercedes.
    MB of Encino. Look up the Internet manager. We can't post names or phone numbers. They didn't volunteer everything up front but honored his commitment when I asked about certain things and negotiated the final price.
  • Hi Tranav,
    Can you please mention the name of the dealership in Southern CA. Thanks
  • Me too. Love to hear the stories. I can get the loyalty incentive (have R350 and C300 in my garage). No USAA. Had a MBFin acct but paid off. Where do we see these huge incentives for 2012 E350. I am in San Deigo. Details pease.
  • tranavtranav Posts: 30
    Hi,
    Go to MB in Torrance, CA, ask for a gal with initials of R.F. since I cannot tel her name in here. She's been helping me with basics MB 2012 E350 with MSRP of $55,265 and off course $9K discount. Hopefully you buy from her because she and her colleague are really nice and easy going. Good luck
    Don't go to Fletcher Jones since they gave me only $7K discount and they're really A.H.
  • hi Mike!

I have a question for you. I live in South Florida and the dealer is adding sale tax to the "negotiated selling price" for about $3700 (7%)... and then there is tax again on the base monthly payment. is that correct? are we supposed to pay tax twice?
    I thought the big tax is paid on "purchases" and use tax on leases against the base monthly payment.

Thanks!
  • thanks. I appreciate it.
  • I'm in SD as well, and after consorting with all 3 local dealers and some in OC, we went with MB of long beach. They are transparent and offer the best overall deal by far. Ask for salesperson G.O.

Cheers!
    Hi, What incentives, rebates, etc. did you get for the $9K discount?
    Thanks,
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,875
    If you are leasing, you pay tax only on your monthly payments. You would also pay 7% on any cap reduction you put down out of pocket. You do not pay tax on the total price up front unless you are buying the car.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

After re-reading your Post, since you are leasing, and that dealer is charging you tax on the agreed capital cost of the car, it sounds like you needed to go to another dealer. This one is trying to rip you off.

In Florida, you only pay sales tax (7% in Dade county) on the selling price if you purchase it. If leasing, only on monthly payment + whatever cap cost reduction you put out of pocket at time of you sign contract.

There are many dealers out there who will not rip you off. I use Mercedes of Delray. Always get the best pricing and service there.

If you live in Dade County, I do not know snyone personally down there. Sorry.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 968
    edited December 2011
    In Florida, you pay no sales tax until you make a payment...you do not have to prepay tax on the total lease in advance, you do not pay tax on security deposits, etc. Each payment as well as any down payment (even though you should NOT make a down payment) is taxed when billed/paid. If you put money down up front using a trade in with your dealer, that down payment is also NOT taxed.

If what you say is true....I suggest that you never return to that dealer for anything. Find another dealer or buy a different car from a different dealer.
  • Hi: I live in Texas and MSRP of the car is around $57.5K and they are asking $50K is it good deal for the year end?
    edited December 2011
    When you lease a car in the state of Florida, you pay sales tax along with each monthly payment, or, in his case 7% of the monthly payment. Additionally you will pay the applicable sales tax on any part of your out of pocket put down at the inception of the lease that reduces the cost of the lease which is calledCap Cost Reduction.

You are right on target when you suggested that he not return to that dealership. It's illegal to charge sales tax on the agreed-upon lease price, since the dealer will obviously not be turning that tax collection to the state of Florida. That is fraud.

Hi there,
    Since it is too much of a discount I don't care much what kind of incentives, rebates that they've been applied in order to get me that deal. I'm very sure that with $9K off the MSRP which I've never heard for brand new and just released car (new 2011 MB E350 are still in the inventories of several MB dealers in SoCal and you can get more than $10K discount on those) are way under the invoice price. So they sure did apply all the incentives, rebates that they can get during this winter event. Good luck

Cheers,
    I believe your post indicated up to 9000 Off MSRP. That is surely a milestone for Mercedes. I wonder why Mercedes and its dealers are selling these outstanding vehicles for such phenomenal prices! As most of you know I got my E350 sedan at almost 8000 off MSRP way back in the middle of October. That, of course was with loyalty incentives and USAA pricing and an incentive of 3 years of maintenance. I don't know of any other luxury manufacturers in this class offering these kinds of incentives and pricing. Additionally , there is no surplus of inventories.

I cannot account for these prices (mainly due to incentives and finance rates) on a vehicle that most certainly did not need incentives to increase demand. From what I can extrapolate, these are the incentives available:

1.9 % (as low as .9%) financing up to 66 months
    2000 owner loyalty cash
    2000 MB Financial Loyalty
    2000-4000 Conquest incentive
    30 month lease specials and up to 8 payment credits for current lessees

A truly marvelous time to get into Mercedes Benz's top selling class of vehicles. If I didn't already own one, I would run to my dealership and "steal one" tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow!

Happy New Year to all.

After researching the E350 through this forum and the very nice people who contribute to it (especially Mike, who always takes the time to answer our questions that he must hear or read about a thousand times), I bought my E350 today with sport package, P1 package, lane assist/blind spot and the AMG 18" wheels. I bought the gap coverage because I am financing it, and also the wheel and tire protection plan. Thanks to all and have a great New Year!
    edited January 2012
    That is terrific! I just know you are going to really love thIs car. After owning a 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and now a 2012, I can tell you with no reservation that this 2012 is the very best E350 sedan they have ever built. This is the very first car in 10 years that I am going to keep for at least 3 years, and that is something coming from someone who has had a new car every year for many , many years.

I also know you probably got a marvelous deal because you had the patience to wait until the very last minute so your dealer had to give up much more than he/she would have given up last week.

Much good health and happiness with your new car as well as for a Great New Year.

Mike

• mbzgalmbzgal Posts: 8
    we ended up getting one with P2, lane tracking package, & spoiler. we could have lived without the spoiler, but it was already configured that way. we're happy we went with the P2 instead of P1. love the keyless go and the xenon lights with the trunk closer and the lane tracking pkg!!! :)
    That is fantastic! I never used to get the p2 Package, but this tIme I decided to
    try it. You are correct about the trunk closer - I thought it would be a waste of money. Of all the extras in the package, I use that feature the most. We go shopping several times a week so when you are finished unloading the trunk, all you need to do is press one of two buttons - the one that just closes the trunk or the one that closes and then locks the car and sets the alarm. Great feature to have.

Another is night driving - with the brighter xenon lights. Enjoy your new car!

• dinomandinoman Posts: 56
    The local mercedes dealer has given me a quote of 7500 off MSRP. Do you think that is a good deal?
    Also, how much was the wheel/tire insurance package?
    Finally, are interest rates at 0.9 or 1.9%? As you can tell, I do not trust the local dealer very much.
    I really appreciate your help. I am planning to buy this week.
    Tire and wheel Package is about 1500 for 4 years. Just check to see what the limits are - how many tires and /or wheels will they replace over the 3 or 4 years.

APR is advertised as 1.9%, but you can negotiate that rate because their "buy" rate is .9%.

As for the deal, 7500 below MSRP is an excellent price on a new E350 sedan. They are probably including all available incentives to get to that price. I suggest you take that deal quickly since incentives end very shortly - the advertise 12/31/2011, but they usually hold them over until the 2nd or 3rd of January.

Enjoy your new E350 - a truly great automobile.

As Mike says, that's an excellent deal. The "First Class Wheel & Tire Protection Plus" is $1,595 for 3 years, $1,795 for 4 years and $1,995 for 5 years, but is negotiable. My understanding is that there is no limit of amount of claims in the "Plus" protection package. You should also look into GAP coverage, which covers the situation if the value of the car is less than the loan amount; your insurance company paying for loss to the vehicle pays only actual cash value, which may be less than the loan amount or lease amount. MB charges $795 for this, but it is negotiable and you can check with your own auto insurance the cost of it.
    Advertised rate is 1.9% but may be negotiable depending on the price the dealer sells you the car for, and your credit. If you have credit score of above 760, you can qualify for lower rate, but dealer may not give it to you if you are getting a great deal on the price. One dealer who gave me a very good price on the vehicle would not give me a better rate than the 1.9%. Another dealer did.
    Thanks, Mike. I decided to get the Wheel and Tire Protection Plus for the 5 year term of my loan (which I was able to get at the 0.9% with good credit). The finance guy gave me a discount on the GAP ($795 sticker) and W&T ($1,995 sticker), and I figured the extra $30/month for both of them was worth the peace of mind. If you come out to Los Angeles, I owe you a lunch.
    Aren't you amazed at these prices for the E350 sedan? I was at my dealership yesterday for a hand car wash (I get a complimentary carewash at least on e a week which is done by hand, not machine) and during lunch we discussed this with several other sales managers. $7000 under MSRP is a deal they would take at the end of the year for statistical reasons and because there are a myriad of cash incentives available from the manufacturer. They all agreed that pricing of these cars is at a level they have never experienced for a model that was just introduced. They've seen it when there is a model body change like when the 2010 was introduced and they had a 6000 incentive on the 2009's. But never like this so soon after a major model upgrade like the new engine and new transmission.

They all said that they have about 13 E350 sedans on the ground, which is about 10 less than what they normally have on hand. All agreed that they wish they had 40 or 50 on hand because of the tremendous demand.

It would seem prudent that if someone was in the market for a new luxury car, and they touched base with this particular forum, they should run, not walk, to their nearest Mercedes dealership and get one of these marvelous vehicles before these incentives disappear!

Happy New Year to all, and Davd, enjoy tour new car,

• dinomandinoman Posts: 56
    Thanks for the great advise. I am planning on going through with the deal. I don't think they will give me the 0.9% APR because my credit score is only 710 and I think they gave me a great deal on my trade. They have to make money somewhere.
    They are also splitting the cost of the wheel and tire protection package if I decide to take it.
    The car is on a truck from the port and should be here this week.
    I test drove the BMW 535 and Audi A6...The E350 seemed to be a better car for me. It's my first mercedes and I'm really looking forward to getting it. Thanks again for you help.