Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    The only loyalty incentive they had last month was if you have a current lease or loan with MB Financial - $2000 toward the purchase of a 2012 E350. They also had a lease loyalty. This month, I have not seen anything yet, but MB Financial usually has something if you currently have a lease or open loan with them.

2021 Genesis G90

Edmunds just posted incentives for March. For the E Class sedan (sport), they have $2000 cash for customers who are currently in an MB Financial lease or loan toward the purchase of a 2012 E 350 sport. That is all they show for this month.

2021 Genesis G90

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Thanks. I'll probably wait a few months. Discounts seem pretty slim right now.
    edited March 2012
    Yes! From October through December, they had 1.9% (or less) financing for up to 66 months along with the $2000 MB Financial loyalty as well as conquest incentives.

Are you a veteran or is an immediate family member a veteran? USAA has special pricing but you need to have some kind of policy with them (I have a $25.00 a year policy on a ring) to qualify. If you are a member of USAA or join, the dealer will sell you a new E350 sedan or coupe for dealer invoice less up to $2000 below invoice which is what I paid. Then you can also use the MB Financial incentive on top of that. That's how most of us got our deals - conquest incentives or USAA pricing. I also got 1.6% financing for 66 months on a 15000 dollar loan. They always have an MB Financial incentive which is why I keep an active loan.

Also the Mercedes Benz Club of America has a $1000 cash back incentive for its members.

You should check out all the details at:

MBCA.org
    USAA.com

You can call either for specific info.

Hope this helps!

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I am confused by USAA. I joined the site, but I can't find any way that I'm eligible for their insurance. Am I dead in the water or is there some way to still get the discount?
    To become a member of USAA, either you or an immediate family member must either be currently in the armed forces or be a veteran! In my case, my father is a veteran. So he signed up to become a member. Once he was a member, with a member #, I was able to become a member as his son. I then received my own membership #. Then, in order to be eligible for their new car buying service, my dad or I had to have a policy of some sort or have a checking or savings account with them. At the time, my dad took out a small insurance policy on his star sapphire ring, worth $250. It cost him $25 for the policy. I then became eligible through his membership and the fact that one of us was a policy holder.

If you are a veteran or you dad or mom was a veteran, you can join. Even if your son/daughter is active or are veterans, you can qualify by them joining, and then you join under their membership.

THE BEST THING TO DO IS CALL THEM MONDAY MORNING (their phone number is on the site for customer service) AND THEY WILL WALK YOU THROUGH IT THE WAY THEY WALKED US THROUGH IT.

We will retain the policy as it saves me $2000+ on each purchase BELOW INVOICE.

If you are not eligible, see what would happen if you purchased an auto policy with them - to see if you could qualify for their new car buying service that way. I tried to get an auto policy with them, but down here in Broward County FL, their rates were twice what I pay with Liberty Mutual through Mercedes Benz.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• mbenz805mbenz805 Member Posts: 3
    They are right, you would have to buy it there. Keyes owns the dealership with the car, Autonation (company I work for) ownes House of Imports. Now, if you said MB South Bay, then they could do trades with House of Imports, just like the other 250+ dealers owned by Autonation.
    I did not know that Autonation had dealers in Southern California. The Mercedes dealer I buy all my Mercedes Benz vehicles from is also Autonation owned. Here in southeast Florida, they have many, many Mercedes dealerships. They own MB of Coconut Creek, Pompano, Ft. Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Miami and Delray. That's 6 huge dealerships all within 45 miles of each other. They sure have cornered this market. Excellent dealer organization and they own over 40 other dealerships down here for other makes. Maroone dealership are all owned by Autonation. Their corporate headquarters are here in Ft. Lauderdale.

Excellent people to do business with!

2021 Genesis G90

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to speak with anyone who bought a new car in the last two months. She’s especially interested in the economic and market factors (fuel prices, access to credit, pricing, etc.) that went into your decision. Please send a brief description of your experience and your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, March 7th, 2012.
    Autonation is OK but they do inflate the bank fee on Mercedes leases to $1095 (mercedes only charges ($795) and try to push their own service policy vs the mercedes one. I haven't found them any better or worse than other dealers. My local Autonation dealer had no clue about Multiple Security Deposits. I'd say they are no better/worse than most other dealers.
    I was just reading the March-April "The Star" (bi-monthly Mercedes Benz Club of America magazine) and saw a brief article on the new hybrids from Mercedes (p. 18). The E400, due for release in the 3rd quarter of 2012 as a 2013, will have a V6 engine, 302 horsepower (same as the current 2012 non-hybrid V6) and is expected to consume fuel @ 24 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. Will have lithium-ion batteries.

My question is this: why pay a premium for a hybrid that delivers about the same mpg's as the current non-hybrid? I'm getting 21 around town and 32 on the highway now. I would imagine/guess that the E hybrid will cost at least $4000 - $6000 more than the non-hybrid. So where is the savings?

2021 Genesis G90

Many of us think that Mercedes US made a big mistake by not offering a diesel hybrid which would have been much more efficient. We are stuck with this 1/2 hybrid instead.....and you're right, unless you are making an environmental statement, it will be a poor choice.
    I am not really sold on hybrids at this point in my life. I've mentioned here before that I believe the future of personal vehicles and the energy to power them lies in HYDROGEN and hydrogen fuel cell technology. We are probably 10 or so years away from expanded use of this as a power source for automobiles. The major hold-ups in this technology are safety in it's practical use (flammability of hydrogen) and in mass production of hydrogen in fuel cell form.

We have an almost inexhaustible supply of hydrogen in the form of water and the byproduct of hydrogen combustion is mostly in the form of water vapor. I know that BMW has been pursuing hydrogen fuel cell technology and currently has a small test fleet of hydrogen powered 750i's in California and several other locales around the globe.

Let's hope we live to see this come to pass in our lifetimes.

2021 Genesis G90

• bimloverbimlover Member Posts: 8
    I ON THE E BOARD BECAUSE THE S BOARD IS NOT VERY ACTIVE. ANYWAY, I BOUGHT A 2009 S550 YESTERDAY. WHAT A BEAUTY! IT HAS 25,000 MILES ON IT AND IT IS CERTIFIED UNTIL FEB. 2014. THE FINANCE MANAGER LITERALLY HOUNDED ME ABOUT BUYING THE ADDITIONAL EX. WARR. (2YR.&135K MILES). I SAID MAYBE LATER. FOUR YEARS FROM NOW, I WILL ONLY HAVE ONLY 65,000 MILES ON IT(ACCORDING TO MY DRIVING HABITS).WHAT DO YOU SAY? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.
    I think it depends upon the cost. To extend the warranty to 4 more years and 135k miles is great (2 years more than you have now). First of all, it must be a MERCEDES BENZ extended warranty, not a second party warranty. Next, I would be willing to pay $1200 - $1400 for the additional 2 years and peace of mind. But make sure you are going to keep the car for 4 years.

Next, is the warranty transferrable to the next owner if you decide to sell or trade the car before the end of the warranty.

Finally, it's up to you. Even though you do not drive that much, if you should have a system failure or a breakdown caused by an unknown failure, it could cost upwards of $5000 to repair and/or identify. This is a Mercedes, not a Ford, so maintenance alone is 5-10 times more costly than a Ford or Chevy. Just imagine the cost of a new a/c compressor or a power steering unit.

Remember, it's just buying you peace of mind!

2021 Genesis G90

the ext.warranty(2yr.&135k miles) added $93.00 a month for 60 months @ 2.99% to the car note. that means the finance manager was charging approx. $5000 dollars for the bmz ext. warranty.and yes, i will keep this car for well over 4 years. most likely, i won't sell it.
  • merckymercky Member Posts: 15
    why do I cringe everytime someone talks about monthly payment as cost?
    $5000 for 2 years extended warranty is too steep. I would NOT touch it.
    135k miles is bogus as you said. price a mechanical breakdown insurance from geico or someone else if you really need protection of 2 more years.
    That's an outrageous cost - $5000 is a scam, to be sure. No wonder he is bugging you to buy the extended warranty.

I doubt that the true dealer cost for the Mercedes Warranty is $5000. He is probably marking the cost up by $3000 or more. As I mentioned in my response to your first post, if it was $1200 -$1400 in cost, even $1500, I would purchase the extended MERCEDES BENZ warranty. But $5000 is a true scam.

If you plan on keeping the car for another 4 years, and it costs more than $1500 or so to get a Mercedes Benz Warranty, I would get nothing. You can pay cash for a mechanical problem by saving the $5000 on the 2 year extension of the warranty.

What I would do is go back to the dealer and offer him $1500 or so for the waranty. If he says no, go to another Mercedes Dealer and negotiate an extended Mercedes Warranty. I am sure the finance guy is making a fortune on the back end with charging you that much for the warrnaty. A 2 year extension on your certified Mercedes Benz cannot be that costly, in reality.

2021 Genesis G90

I DID NOT WANT TO BUY A CAR FROM DOWNTOWN LA MOTORS MERCEDES IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT THEY HAD THE PRE-OWNED CAR I WAS LOOKING FOR ( PLUS IT HAD LOW MILEAGE). I WILL GO TO HOUSE OF IMPORTS TO NEGOTIATE FOR THE EXT. WARRANTY. HOUSE OF IMPORTS HAS A BETTER REPUTATION.
    I am not familiar with LA dealers, but you should go to the dealer you like/have positive vibes about to negotiate the extended warranty price. You should try meeting the manager or director of the service dept. and explain your situation and that you will be servicing your car there.

Then bring up the extended warranty. I know you can get one for much less - thousands less than $5000. Remember, your car already has an extended warranty through the certification process. Thus, it should be no problem to get the extension. Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

I HAVE ANOTHER CONCERN. WOULD YOU TAKE A 3 YEAR OLD MERCEDES TO AN INDEPENDANT MECHANIC FOR MAINTENANCE SERVICE ? THE SHOP I HAVE IN MIND SERVICES ONLY MERCEDES BENZ AND WAS RECOMMENDED BY SEVERAL MEMBERS ON THE MBZ CLUB OF AMERICA FORUM. THE SHOP IS LOCATED IN THE LOS ANGELES,CA AREA - GLENDALE,CA TO BO SPECIFIC. THANKS.
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    Independent garages are find. I would stick to one that is limited to MB. I take my old vehicle to an independent garage. Newer vehicles with a warranty I stick to an authorized dealer. All dealers have service specials that include break repairs, Service A, Service B and transmission service. You can find them online by going to service specials at the local dealers’ websites. I would take the vehicle to an authorized dealer for warranty repairs.
    edited March 2012
    Just keep all your receipts for warranty issues later if you have problems. Personally, I would take my car to an authorized Mercedes Benz Dealership if the car was still under warranty, which your S550 is! You spend a few bucks more for maintenance, however developing a good relationship with an authorized Mercedes Benz Dealer is essential, in my opinion, with a car that is only a few years old.

I belong to the Mercedes Benz Club of America. My dealership gives me 20% off on maintenance and another 10% off because I am a member of the MBCA. So, I am really only paying 70% of the total cost of maintenance. Also, as a respondent mentioned, they run specials. As an example, they just recently ran a special on an A service. It was $259.00 instead of their usual $329.00. Additionally, I buy a new car at that dealership on average once every 12 -18 months. So I have established a great relationship with the Service Director and Service Manager, for obvious reasons.

It's the B service that is usually more expensive since it covers alot more. I usually don't keep a car long enough to require a B Service.

In summary, I would always service the car at your preferred dealership so long as it is on warranty. Once off warranty, I wouild seek a service provider like the one you mentioned.

2021 Genesis G90

You mentioned that you bought a 2009 S550 w/ 25k miles on it. I am interested in finding out what you paid for it! 3 year old car with low miles - hope you got a good deal. They sure weren't on the warranty. Good luck with the car - it certainly is a great vehicle!

2021 Genesis G90

Do any dealers actively offer discounts on Mercedes extended warranties over the Web?
    I've never seen warranties from Mercedes advertised on the web. The main reason is the Finance Department in these dealerships. The extended warranty is a major source of income to the finance personnel. When I was manager of a dealership, it was "hands off" to the sales department.

The best way to get a discounted price on an extended warranty is either as part of the NEGOTIATED sales price of the vehicle "OR" purchased through the service department. Service can sell a warranty, but then it gors back to the finance department for paperwork, etc.

I would not purchase a 2nd or 3rd party warranty on a Mercedes.

I'll try to get some more info, if I can, from my dealer.

2021 Genesis G90

THE ASKING PRICE WAS $59,991. I PAID $56,528 . AND I HAD TO "PULL TEETH" TO GET THAT !! THAT WAS THERE ROCK BOTTOM CUT OFF PRICE. THEY WOULD NOT NEGOTIATE ANY FURTHER.
    The old timers may remenber Lisa Lehrbaum at Courtesy Motors MBZ in Chico CA. She sold factory extended warranties at good discounts. Last time I checked she was no longer there and I don't think anyone continued that service at that dealership. If there are others like her out there I'd love to know about them.
    I've heard that many dealers will NEVER give thier best deals to someone who emails in caps. It's not a written policy anywhere, just the Emailers Code. Honor it.
    $56,500 sounds like a fair price for a 3 year old, low mileage S550. In 2009, a new one would list for around $98,000 and cost about $90,000 if you used incentives, etc. Sounds like you got a fairly good deal on that car. But, the bottom line is not the determining factor - it's the enjoyment and satisfaction "factor" that really matters.

Enjoy!

2021 Genesis G90

edited March 2012
    Using "ALL" caps in an Email is considered yelling, which I do not believe he was doing! Perhaps he was just uninformed or ignorant as to what "ALL CAPS" really means. I guess what you said and how you said it is one way to inform a composer of an Email what using all caps means!

2021 Genesis G90

Kevin, I was up to my dealership this morning and asked about advertising discounted extended warranties on the web. He told me that Mercedes advertises them on their website, but that they are not discounted there. He doubts that any dealer would advertise a "discounted" price as there are restrictions on what can be publicized as part of the franchise agreement with the manufacturer. The same is true for discounting new vehicles online or in the newspapers. Mercedes, themselves, advertise discounted lease prices and then the dealer advertises that same pricing. Mercedes warranties come under the same advertising restrictions.

I hope that answers your question. Only 2nd and/or 3rd party warranties that are not Mercedes warranties would be advertised.

2021 Genesis G90

I found this link on mbworld.org forums. I haven't seen mention of it here. Are the dealers keeping it quiet and keeping the cash?

http://daveknowscars.com/2012/03/03/mercedes-benz-competitor-conquest-program-sa- ve-up-to-4000-on-new-mercedes-vehicles-open-to-just-about-every-competing-make-d- uring-march-2012/
    The warranty deal I mentioned wasn't really advertised. However, it was pretty well known on some of the other MB forums that if you contacted Lisa Lehrbaum at Courtesy Motors by email or fax, gave her the particulars of your new MB, she would fax back a quote at a significant discount from list price. I got one for my E320, but didn't take it. Lisa is no longer there and I haven't heard of anyone providing a similar service, though you cvan always email a few finance guys and see what they offer.
    Yes, I knew there was conquest still available, but dealers are limited to 5 - 15 such incentives per franchise depending on size/sales volume. So, if they advertised this incentive and 20 customers came in to "cash in" on the cash-back, they would not be able to honor some of them. Then, they open up another can of worms.

Conquest cash is available only if you have a registered qualifying vehicle in your name. Secondly, in order to get reimbursed from Mercedes for the cash-back incentive, the dealership must present proof to the manufacturer in the form of a signed buyer's order by both the customer and the sales manager. They would not be able to get the credit without that proof of purchase/sale.

I'm sure there is a way of circumventing this process, but I don't think a dealer would jeopardize their franchise or incur severe consequences.

2021 Genesis G90

As I mentioned in a previous posting, a discounted Mercedes warranty can be purchased if you shop around. But it is doubtful you would find it advertised unless Mercedes advertised it (manufacturer).

The best way to get a discount is at the time of purchase when you can negotiate with management prior to the sale. Lisa used her talents to make some extra pocket money.

2021 Genesis G90

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter is looking to interview people who bought new cars during the month of March 2012. Please email pr@edmunds.com with the make and model of your purchase and your daytime contact info no later than Monday, April 2, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Need info on MB prepaid service contracts. What discounts are available on 3$4 years?
    I don't have that info. Contact your dealer.
    I tried to check their pricing and was redirected to truecar.com.
  • melissafloridamelissaflorida Member Posts: 22
    I live in Boca and have NEVER gotten a good deal from ANY of the Autonation owned MB dealerships. We ended up going to Palm Beach Mercedes which is a different owner. They are fantastic and we used them again this week to lease an C for me and an E for my husband.

They prices for leasing were dramatic, more than $100 diff a month and always pushed to put money down which we never do.

PB was such a pleasure, my salesman 3 years ago did well by us again, Fred Fisher. Everything done via email only had to sign & drive away on delivery.
    Congratulations on youir new Mercedes. We all have positive and negative experiences at dealerships, unfortunately. I live about 5 miles south of you in Coconut Creek and tried to buy my 2012 E Class from them, but with a poor result. The same was true at their sister dealership in Pompano Beach. I have had great experiences with Mercedes of Delray, though. I've purchased 6 cars from them for me and my family in the past 3 years, and have found them outstanding. I am sure you tried them since they are the closest dealership to Boca Raton.

Sounds like you had a great experience in Palm Beach - also a good dealership from my experiences, but too far for me to travel - 30-40 miles or so. You might want to give Delray Mercedes Service a visit. I've had great experiences in servicing my cars there. Remember, you can service your Mercedes at any Mercedes Dealership - and their service department is huge.

Best of luck and enjoy!

2021 Genesis G90

This last lease I tried all of them again and again no one could touch PB. It's a drive for us too about 40 mintues but we only go once to sign the deal.

I always service my car at Delray and the service department has been great. I admit I look for the color/options at the dealership closest to me then I give my guy the color/option package I want and do the deal via email.

I email all the internet salespeople and give them the opportunity to present their best deal without disclosing my lowest. I don't think it's fair to give the deal to someone else who only will undercut after I tell them my lowest price.
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I also live in Coconut Creek and contacted Palm Beach through the Costco program. They claim with the Costco program and 3K incentive I can save alot on a lease. If I may ask what are you paying on the E-Class lease?

Robert
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    You sound alot like me in how you have leased cars. I never leased from MB but I have done things in a similar fashion. I narrow the car I want and try to be very specific about options wanted. Many years ago the internet was more of a novelty and salespeople were more responsive. These days it can yield mixed results. Often a salesperson will mention that another dealer can try to lowball or undercut any quoted price to get the sale. I always tell them if they dont give me a price, then they cant get the sale from me no matter what. After your comments about Coco creek and Pompano I will only consider PB if I get an MB. Considering the E350 with the Premium 1 package
    You should give Delray Mercedes a shot. They are just east of I-95 on Linton Blvd. Best dealership of all the Autonation-owned dealerships. See John Bradley, the sales manager, and mention Mike from Coconut Creek. You'll get your best price and best servicing.

2021 Genesis G90

I don't lease cars anymore, I buy them. My 2012 E350 Sport with P2, ventilated seats, dynamic driver's seat (massage, etc.), rear spoiler, Wheel package and leather listed for 62,325. I am a member of USAA and was able to get invoice less 2000, plus the MB financial incentive (the only incentive available with USAA) for 2000. That put the final l price at 54K. Great dealership (Delray) and great management.

2021 Genesis G90

Hi Robert,

Here is the breakdown:

MSRP: $55975

Incentives & discounts: $8375
    dealer discount: 4875
    MB loyalty: 2000
    cap discount: 1500

Base cap: 47,600

total cap: $50,064 includes bank fee, dealer fee

residual: 61% $34,144.75
    money factor: .00189

33 months, 15k miles/yr- no money down except 1st months payment & fees= $940.52

I got him to throw in 3 year prepaid maintenance & window tint. Also, lowered payment to $670.00 tax in.
    USAA members can still get a new E350 sedan for about $2000 below dealer invoice. And if you have a current MB Financial lease or loan, you can combine another $2000 incentive bringing the pricing to $4000 below invoice - nice price for a quality luxury automobile.

Definitely worth taking advantage of.

Most dealers still have conquest money available if you currently own/lease a qualifying competitors brand so don't forget to insist on that conquest money after you've negotiated your best price.

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks...