Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    Hey Mike,

I am looking at ordering a 2014 E350, but my dealer has no info, no delivery, nothing. Have you confirmed that yours has been built

I just got back from getting a carwash at my dealership and looked at the ordering guidelines all dealerships have. It lists all combinations, approximate pricing, changes, etc.

He informed me that my car HAS BEEN PRODUCED and is awaiting transportation. They already have a VIN number. He said it should be here on or about April 15th, for the USA launch.

So I think your dealership is not telling you the truth. My dealership ordered my car on January 28th of this year. So there is something wrong with the information you are getting.

I think they are speeding up production so there is sufficient availability of the new Sport Sedan at dealerships. From what I was told, the car should be shipped with the first load of 2014's in a day or two. It takes about 3 weeks from time of production to the time it arrives at the Port of Entry where they ready the cars for delivery to the dealerships. Our port of entry is Jacksonville.

If you want any specifics about pricing or packages available, let me know, and I will give you the info. There is no longer a Premium 1 and Premium 2 package, just Premium 1. Keyless go and power trunk closer are separate options now. There is a new 18" AMG wheel package available, and walnut wood comes in two options - light walnut glossy and light walnut "matte" finish.

Let me know if you need any other info.

2021 Genesis G90

• gpp2gpp2 Member Posts: 6
    Yes, if you could post or send to me the specifics you have on pricing and packages that would be fantastic. Do you know if the "sport grille" is only available with the sport option? Or can you get the sport grill on the luxury model. I was also looking at the Xenon headlights - are they still available? Thanks.
    Yes, if you could post or send to me the specifics you have on pricing and packages that would be fantastic. Do you know if the "sport grille" is only available with the sport option? Or can you get the sport grill on the luxury model. I was also looking at the Xenon headlights - are they still available? Thanks.

Sure, I have all the info in front of me - but remember the pricing has not yet been firmed up - so there could be a few minor changes:

*The new grille, rear bumper, etc., is only available on the new 4 Door Sport Sedan - w/sport package. The luxury version will still have the old grille from 2013 (similar) with the MB Star Ornament. The sport will not have the star ornament.

*Base price is $52,000.00 I do not know if that includes shipping, but I think it does.

*Note that on both luxury and sport models now, there will be no black dash, headliners, etc. As an example, I am getting gray perforated leather, so the dash, pillars and door panels will be in darker gray. If you order black, perhaps that will come with black dash, pillars and headlines. It used to be that if you got the sport, everything else was black.

*Driver Assistance Package is $2800 and includes Blind Spot Monitor, Lane Keeping assist, Distronic Plus, with steering asist and Pre-Safe brake, etc. Availability delayed until June, 2013.

*Keyless-Go includes keyless entry, Electronic Trunk Closes, keyless start. $990

*Premium Pkg is now $3870

*Lighting Package is $1500 and includes full LED headlights. They have dropped the Xenon option. Included Adaptive highbeam assist, curve illumination, cornering illumination.

*Parking Assist is $1290 - includes Parktronic w/active park assist, surround view camera system (sourround camera no available unitl 6/13)

*Standard equipment includes ECO start/stop (when car comes to a stop for several seconds and foot is on the brake, engine is turned off automatically. It restarts when foot is removed from brake), Collision Prevention Assist

*Lane Tracking Package is $850 and only includes Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist. This is a cheaper version of Driver Assistance Package which is listed above.

*Leather $720

*rear spoiler $300

*Wood Steering wheel $590

*Heated and Ventilated Seats $450 (this option requires leather upholstery)

*AMG Wheel Package is $780 and includes AMG wheels and sport steering wheel.

*Comfort Box in trunk for loose items $290

*Metallic Paint $760

USA launch is scheduled for April 15th, assuming they have enough 2014's in the dealerships.

I am sure you will be able to find something in inventory you will like.

Hope this stuff helps.

2021 Genesis G90

Mike,
    Yes, it helped a bunch. Many thanks.
    Yes, it helped a bunch. Many thanks.

Glad I could help. I also found out that the official launch date is April 13th at dealers across the country. I know that my car is in transit to the port along with hundreds of others. I don't know when the dealers will start getting them, but I would assume the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. I have not been to any of the auto shows, so I have not seen the new redesign of the sport sedan. As soon as my dealer gets a few, I'll run up there to take a look.

It takes about 1 week on the ocean, and another week at the "get-ready" site, usually a port of entry. Then another week to show up at the dealership. So, 3 weeks after the car is produced is about the time of arrival at the dealership. My guess is that mine will arrive on or about April 17th.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    Mike,

I always find your info very detailed and informative. If you only knew it really helps a lot when deciding what option you want to get.

This is my six E350 on lease and so far have a year left. Just can't wait for my next E350 sport.

Again , Thank You so much.

P.S. Please update us once you got your new E sport model.
    This is my six E350 on lease and so far have a year left. Just can't wait for my next E350 sport.

P.S. Please update us once you got your new E sport model.

Yes, I am a staunch Mercedes Benz E Class Sedan fan. I don't like the Luxury Model because it does not corner or handle as well as the Sport Model. I've owned 9 E Sedans.

If you are going to wait for next year, I believe there is going to be a major design change in the E Class for 2016 or 2017. That's why I bought a 2014 instead of keeping my 2013 another year.

I am expecting to take delivery on or around April 17th -19th. I am interested in the Eco Stop/Start feature. I had a GL350 as a loaner which had that feature. Fuel economy is supposed to improve from 20/30 to 22/32. Will let you know when it comes in.

2021 Genesis G90

• cewlcidcewlcid Member Posts: 6
    does anyone have information on the production start date of the 2014 e250 bluetec. thank you.
  • bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    I am interested in the Eco Stop/Start feature. I had a GL350 as a loaner which had that feature. Fuel economy is supposed to improve from 20/30 to 22/32. Will let you know when it comes in.

My cousin had this Stop/Go in his 3 series. but is not happy with the acceleration. I believe this is a good feature because you could save gas
    especially if you drive on surface street a lot.

I think it just depend on how you drive.
  • cdl1213cdl1213 Member Posts: 15
    what is the cost of the 4 matic option?

It's about $2000. To check this out, go to Edmunds New Cars. Look up an E Class rear wheel drive and then compare base MSRP to an identical 4Matic.

2021 Genesis G90

does anyone have information on the production start date of the 2014 e250 bluetec. thank you.

I believe I read somewhere that it is not expected until September in the US. Go to www.emercedes.com and see if they have the details. Car And Driver had some info as well. Edmunds had some articles on this too. I believe they drove one in Spain.

2021 Genesis G90

$2500.00 is the difference between a RWD and a 4Matic.

RWD=. $51,904
    4Matic=. $53,404

These include destination charge of about $900

2021 Genesis G90

Thank you. abacomike.will check all.
    does any one know of dealer incentives for a 2014 e class?
    does any one know of dealer incentives for a 2014 e class?

I haven't heard anything as yet. I too would be interested since I have a 2014 Sport Sedan on its way to the US from Germany, already produced. Sure could use some incentives. If anyone know anything, please post where we could find out!

2021 Genesis G90

Just got pricing on a 2014 e class sport list price is 54400 for 4 matic sport p1 package3870 rear spoiler 300cofort box 290 115v ac outlet 115 lane tracking package 875 destination charge 925 total is 60775 the car is standard black with with silk beige mb tex interior iam in philadelphia dealer said they are about a week away
    I recently went to a mercedes dealer to get an Idea of what my car would be worth as a trade in. I was shocked they wanted to give me 30,000 for a 2011 e350 bluetec with p1 and wood leather steering wheel. Only 15000 miles on it . not a scratch, excellent condition. Does anyone know how they base their trade ins. Also is this a fair price. Thank you.
    the car is standard black with with silk beige mb tex interior iam in philadelphia dealer said they are about a week away

That is what I understand, about a week. My car is on a boat headed for New Brunswick and then Jacksonville - due at port on April 19th, probably at dealer on April 25th or so.

I have not heard of any incentives available to date. Hoping for some incentive from Mercedes Benz Financial and/or USAA, but doubtful. Mine will MSRP at $64,450.00. Invoice is about $60,260.00. Mine is Iridium Silver with gray perforated leather (due to the ventilated seats option) and light Burl Walnut Trim. I too got the comfort box, the lane tracking package, the rear spoiler, wheel locks, the lighting package, premium package (only one premium package available for 2014), wood leather steering wheel for sport model, electronic trunk closer and Keyless Go.

Getting a little excited, but I have at least 3 weeks until it gets in to my dealership.

If you get any more info, please post it for all of us to see.

2021 Genesis G90

I recently went to a mercedes dealer to get an Idea of what my car would be worth as a trade in. I was shocked they wanted to give me 30,000 for a 2011 e350 bluetec with p1 and wood leather steering wheel. Only 15000 miles on it . not a scratch...

Yes, trade-ins are priced by using both auction values (cars similar to yours that recently went through the auction, like Manheim) and the National Dealers' Association Black Book. That is what I used to use to value trade-ins. If you trade only has 15,000 miles on it and is in superior condition as you stated, it should be worth at least $33,500 to a dealer because that's the kind of car he would put on his lot - at least I would. The car is only 2 years old and it probably MSRP'd for around $58,000.

I would definitely go to another Mercedes Dealer. But before you do, you should be ready to buy a car. If you are not ready, and just want to get an idea of what it's worth, then check out trade-in values on Edmunds and KBB.com first. Do not go to a dealer just to get an idea what it's worth without having any intention of buying a new car. They will not get serious with you. But I feel that they are under-valuing your car by at least $3000. They will probably put it on their lot for $39,000.

Hope this was helpful.

2021 Genesis G90

• vexedvexed Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone have information on incentives/trunk money/etc on 2013s? I am in Hawaii and the dealer here has about 7 E350s on the lot. They won't get their 2014s for another few weeks since the boat goes to Long Beach and then another boat to Hawaii.

I have a fleet certificate for $2500 but that should be in addition to what else they are doing. Thanks.
    Thanks abacomike I value your opinion.I would like to trade this car in for the 2014 E250 bluetec which will be available sometimes this fall. When do you think is the best time to negotiate for the new car. I can wait until next spring if necessary.
    Thanks abacomike I value your opinion.I would like to trade this car in for the 2014 E250 bluetec which will be available sometimes this fall. When do you think is the best time to negotiate for the new car.

The longer you wait, the more your current vehicle will depreciate. With a 2011, right now it's 2 years old. In September/October, it will be 3 years old.

Too bad you don't want a 2014 E350 Sedan because those will be here in a few weeks. Also, remember that fuel economy for the 2014 V6 gasoline engines will be 22/32 mpg., which is as good as the diesel gets. If you wait until September or October, your present vehicle will depreciate another 2 or 3 thousand dollars.

The best time to negotiate for a new car and new model is whenever you can get you best out the door price. With brand new body styles and/or new model engines like the E250 Bluetech, don't expect too much.

There really is no special time - I guess you could order one and hope for the best, which is what I did. I expect to pay a little below invoice because I have a certificate from the MBCA, which was printed prior to April 1st so I could take advantage of the $1000 off whatever I negotiate for. Remember, I buy a new car every year. I also am a member of USAA which gets preferred pricing as well.

Good luck - keep us posted on your progress.

2021 Genesis G90

I have a fleet certificate for $2500 but that should be in addition to what else they are doing. Thanks.

On 2014's, I have heard nothing. Dealers do have residuals now for them, but that's it.

I just might wait until after May 3rd to take delivery of mine so incentives have a chance to develop. I know Mercedes is out to beat BMW this year in total US sales, so there should be some incentives around pretty quick, I would imagine.

Since you are in Hawaii, you do not have the shopping opportunities I have to go to other dealers to get the best price.

Within 50 miles of my location, there are 10 Mercedes dealers. I live in Southeast Florida. There are 4 dealerships in Miami-Dade county, 4 dealerships in Broward county, and 2 dealerships in southern Palm Beach County. So there are lots of opportunities to shop here - but you are limited, obviously.

If I hear anything in the next week or two, I will post the info.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• vexedvexed Member Posts: 14
    Thanks, I was hoping that MBUSA will incentivize the dealers to move the remaining MY 2013 E classes. My certificate only applies to MY 13 vehicles.

And yes "shopping" here is different, I came very close last time to bringing a car in from California but we ended up getting a Certified 2007 E350 which is the car we are looking to replace.
    And yes "shopping" here is different, I came very close last time to bringing a car in from California but we ended up getting a Certified 2007 E350 which is the car we are looking to replace.

They had $6000 off those last month. I don't know if they still have certificates left or if it is over. My dealer only has 3 left with no more coming in. Just about all the 2013's are gone.

I have to believe you can negotiate with the dealer. Talk with the Gereral Sales Manager of the dealership. I'm sure he would love to rid himself of one of the last few on his lot.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• jmatero2jmatero2 Member Posts: 4
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

E350, Sport, Wheels, P1, Folding Seats, Rear Spoiler, Polar White, Comfort Box, KeylessGo, 2 years Maintenance, 27 months:

MSRP: $58,345
    Sale Price: $51,233.89
    Acq Fee: 1095

671.14/mo (incl tax)

Res: 69%
    MF: 0.00176
    Drive-off $1500

:confuse:
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

I've seen cars similar to this advertised at $579 a month, plus tax, $4000 due at signing, for a $55,800 MSRP vehicle for 27 months. So, it would appear that the discounted capitalized cost is fair. Residual looks good considering 2014's will be here in a week. $1500 out of pocket also good.

See if they will do the deal with $750 due at signing. I believe they are anxious to get rid of all the 2013's, so you have them at an advantage.

Everything else looks good. Perhaps you should "repost" this in the forum for "E350 Leasing Questions" Forum.

They have very knowledgeable posters there who know if it is a good deal or not.

2021 Genesis G90

The car I ordered in February (2014 E350 Sport Sedan) is due at the port this Friday. Hoping to take delivery between April 25 and May 3rd. Anticipation is definitely getting to me!

2021 Genesis G90

I am on the east coast ,Philadelphia my car is coming in this week too.The ship unloads in Baltimore hope to have it next week
    I am on the east coast ,Philadelphia my car is coming in this week too.The ship unloads in Baltimore hope to have it next week

Just found out from my dealer that the launch date for the 2014's has been pushed back to next Monday, April 23rd. There are 100's awaiting shipment from Jacksonville, FL, to southeast dealerships. Here in the southeastern United States, the port of entry is Brunswick Georgia. From there, most cars are transported to Jacksonville for "get ready" services and additions before being trucked out. The port of Jacksonville cannot handle the huge cargo ships that Mercedes uses because the channel leading to the port is not deep enough.

My dealer expects to have about 20 of the new E350 Sport Sedan by Monday. Mine is due at my dealership on April 26th. Can't wait to see it.

Good luck with your new 2014 E Class Mercedes.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I have a 2011 P2 BluTec on a 24 month. 12K/yr lease which ends in August. The residual on the car is roughly $45K. Compare that to the trade in value being offered on the car and you have another strong argument for leasing if you turn cars over in short periods (which I do). Purchase is NOT always the least expensive way to drive a car.....

You really have to look closely at residuals..what mercedes (or other dealer) thinks their car will be worth and ask yourself it that makes sense. When I leased the MB, I was pretty confident that the car would not be worth anywhere near $45K...so the decision to lease was easy.
    You really have to look closely at residuals

You will get no argument from me regarding "checking residuals first" before buying. Money factors play an important role as well along with the number of miles you put on a car every two years.

I don't lease cars because I get in and out of them so quickly. However, if I was to keep a car for two years or more, I would definitely consider leasing, as you suggest.

2021 Genesis G90

• ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    Of course, you must also take into consideration the "Acquisition" fee as well as the "End of Lease" fee in the equation.

Also, in some states, e.g., here in Texas, You pay sales tax on the entire cap cost of the lease but get nothing back upon lease termination.

For this reason I purchased rather than leased my current car for the first time in 32 years.

Elliot
    For this reason I purchased rather than leased my current car for the first time in 32 years.

Each and every situation is unique and different. For some, leasing is the best choice - for others, purchasing is the best choice. Yes, you must take into consideration any end of lease fees as well as the fact that you are paying a lease acquisition fee.

2021 Genesis G90

mbusa.com just posted the new E Class Sedans with all the specs, colors, options and pictures. Worth your time to visit the site to see what's new!

2021 Genesis G90

my car is in picking it up monday deales says he has 11 on hand
    edited April 2013

Sounds exciting! Mine arrived at the port today. I expect to take delivery next week sometime.

Let me know if you get any incentives, financing and/or significant discounts. I haven't seen anything yet on the 2014's.

2021 Genesis G90

• mcwussowmcwussow Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a 2013 E350 Sedan. Black, P1 package. Ideally, leather seats, Panoramic Sunroof and Key-less Go but not absolutely necessary. Would consider a 2013 with low miles or even a 2012.

What incentives are out there? Shall I wait for the 2014's to arrive so that the 2013's want to be cleared out? What prices should I be looking at?
    What incentives are out there? Shall I wait for the 2014's to arrive so that the 2013's want to be cleared out? What prices should I be looking at?

Most of the 2013's are gone by now. The 2014's are on dealer lots. Most incentives were last month. If a dealer has one, better grab it before there are none. The only incentives available were $4000 last month.

Black should not be hard to find.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

Just got an email from my dealership - my car arrived there this evening. I'm going up there tomorrow morning and if thing work out, I'll drive it home. If not, may wait until after May 1st to find out about USAA pricing and incentives.

2021 Genesis G90

let me know how you make out goodluck
    let me know how you make out goodluck

I went up to my dealership this morning, but the car they thought was mine was not the right car. Mine is due at the dealership on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. They had one on the showroom floor in a Sport Sedan, Iridium Silver (the color i ordered) w/black interior. Mine will have gray leather interior. Boy, it was beautiful. The rear bumper is all new with gorgeous chrome dual exhausts and of course the front grille and front end is all newly redesigned. The new dashboard is stupendous.

Mine will have Ventilated heated/cooled seats, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Keyless Go Package, Wheel Locks, Comfort Box, Wood Steering Wheel, AMG Wheels, Rear Spoiler, Lane Keeping Assist with Blind Spot Monitor, etc. MSRP will be $64,450.

USAA has a $1500 incentive and I have a MBCA (Mercedes Benz Club of America) coupon for another $1000. Can't wait to get mine next week.

2021 Genesis G90

let me know how you make out good luck...

I also found out that Mercedes Benz Financial incentivized their loan rates for buyers with tier 1 credit (750+ Beacon Score). Up to 60 months, with electronic direct withdrawal from your checking account for monthly payments, 2.74% rate with a minimum of $15,000 loan. That really is a good rate for 60 months.

I have not decided yet if I will finance or not, but 2.75% is very tempting.

That Sport Package really looks sharp on that car. They sure have made the car a great looker.

I just hope the new electronic power steering does not take away from its outstanding handling and cornering. The Eco start/stop feature can be turned off by pressing a dash button. On very heavy traffic, I would shut it off - starting and stopping the engine frequently can't be good for an engine. Will have to see once I drive the car a few thousand miles.

I sure am getting excited about taking delivery on a day or two.

2021 Genesis G90

Picked my 2014 e class sport today Its beautiful. It is black with silk beige interior sport steering wheel amg rims 4 matic. Dealer threw in rubber floor mats wheel locks and amg door pins car drives great looks great too. dealer allowed me to take comfort box out of my 2012 e class and put it in the new one sticker was 61475 he knocked it down to 53500, this is my fourth car from him i have referred many customers and will do the same in the future
    2012 e class and put it in the new one sticker was 61475 he knocked it down to 53500,

That is a discount of over $8000, or $4000 below "invoice. On a newly redesigned car. that is a phenominal price. There has to be some incentive money available, or something. I can't believe they would sell a brand new 2014, just in the US market for a few days, for a $4000 below invoice price.

I would be interested in finding out if there was any incentive money in that deal (there had to be) in order to arrive at that price. I've bought 8 cars from my dealer in the last 6 years, and I am not getting anything like that pricing.

I checked with my dealer on the phone a few minutes ago, and he told me that he could not sell a car for that much below invoice, even with USAA pricing and the Mercedes Benz Club of America special coupon. He said he would be losing too much money.

Double check to see if there was incentive money available.

Good luck with the new car - it is an amazing vehicle.

2021 Genesis G90

I am willing to fax you the sticker then the final figures
    edited April 2013
    cdl1213,
    Is your dealer willing to do a similar deal to anything he has in stock? I am a serious buyer.
    Is your dealer willing to do a similar deal to anything he has in stock? I am a serious buyer.

If you mean will he sell me or you a car for $4000 below invoice, the answer is no - unless you qualify for the USAA Pricing incentives and you are a member of the Mercedes Benz Club of America and have a coupon in hand.

Even I can't get a price like $8000 below sticker or $4000 below invoice.

2021 Genesis G90

What does it take to qualify for USAA incentive?