Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• cdl1213cdl1213 Member Posts: 15
    with no disrespect to you idid get this deal. Over the last 12 months i have referred many people to this dealership and they have sold 9 new mercedes to my friends and 4 new or used to my family count my cars in to that total and maybe you could understand why i got this and you cant
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    What does it take to qualify for USAA incentive?

You have to be a member of USAA. To do this, you or an immediate family member must either be a veteran or an active military member. You need to have an active insurance policy with them.

Contact USAA to find out how or if you qualify for membership.

2021 Genesis G90

with no disrespect to you idid get this deal. Over the last 12 months i have referred many people to this dealership and they have sold 9 new mercedes to my friends and 4 new or used to my family count my cars in to that total and maybe you could understand why i got this and you cant

I hav purchased 8 Mercedes vehicles from my dealership as well as referred over 20 family members and friends who have bought cars there.

You are not being disrespectful - I will be buying my car for $2500 under invoice because of fleet discounts I get, USAA discounts and Mercedes Benz Club of America coupons. But without those incentives to be able to get $4000 under invoice is truly remarkable. Your dealership will lose $4000 on that deal. Remarkable!

2021 Genesis G90

• ankurchopra87ankurchopra87 Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

Does anyone know what the Dealer cost is (in percentage under invoice) ? I know that invoice is 7% under MSRP, but like BMW, the effective dealer cost has to be lower than invoice.

I am trying to price out a European Delivery on a 2014 E350 and since MB does not have a straight forward EU invoice like BMW, knowing the dealer profit will help me make a fair deal.

Any help is appreciated!
    Any help is appreciated!

If you take MSRP of the vehicle, subtract transportation costs, the multiply the remaining number by .935, you will be right on target.

2021 Genesis G90

I dont know if you are aware that the dealer buys the car from the manufacturer. The quicker he sells them the less interest is paid by the dealerMy dealer has 3 seperate dealerships through out the Philadelphia area.Because he sellsin volume he can make deals like this to preferred customers.I never said everyone gets deals like this but I did
    Wow! This is truly an exquisite sedan for the "8 percenters" willing and able to pay the high prices that contribute 50% of the auto industry profits.

I am very aware of invoice, dealer cost, interest on floor plans - I was a sales manager in two different dealerships - and I would never, ever sell a car for $4000 under my net cost - NEVER. EVER!

No matter how you look at it, it is the same - you bought a car from a dealer - a brand new - newly redesigned Mercedes Benz E Class sedan for $4000 under invoice.

If that's what you paid , then you got the deal of a lifetime! But no one else can buy that car for what you paid for it.

I have nothing more to say about your cost or deal!

2021 Genesis G90

SOUNDS LIKE SOUR GRAPES
  • bzjambzjam Member Posts: 12
    Wow. It seems that mike and I had this conversation a couple years ago when I bought my 2012 for $7300 off msrp and my 2013 for $8600 off msrp with no incentives. The deals are out there to be had. You just have to build the right relationships and be patient. I'm sure I'll be getting a 2014 with a similiar discount.
    Thank you bzjam I guess mike does not now how dealers operate .Maybe that is why he is not in the car biz now
    Has anyone else picked up a 2014 eclass .And if you did what do you think
  • syd3nsyd3n Member Posts: 14
    I have been talking to a dealer to buy a 2013 E350 Luxury 4MATIC with Diamond White Metallic, Premium 2, Lane Tracking, Parktronic, Panorama Sunroof, etc.

Invoice (sourced by edmunds) is 63k in the dealer's state. MSRP is 67k. With USAA car buying service, after the 2500 incentive (which the dealer says is actually 2250 after some weird calculation) the final cost before tax is 61k.

Is that a good deal? Can anyone who has used USAA car buying service tell me if their pre-negotiated price is final or if there is more wiggle room?
    "Is that a good deal? Can anyone who has used USAA car buying service tell me if their pre-negotiated price is final or if there is more wiggle room?"

The $2500 USAA pricing is actually $500 over invoice less $2500, or a net is $2000 under invoice. But there are also MB incentives as well, which ordinarily cannot be combined with USAA pricing. Find out from the dealer if the MB incentives on remaining 2013's is better than USAA. It is my opinion that they are.

You should be able to do better than $2000 under invoice because the 2014's are now at dealer showrooms and in their inventory. For $2000 under invoice, you might even be able to find a dealer willing to sell you a 2014. Mine sold me my 2014 for $3000 under with the addition of my MBCA coupon along with the USAA pricing.

Don't settle for that deal you mentioned - you should be able to do better!

2021 Genesis G90

• nickm1979nickm1979 Member Posts: 10
    The dealer has a 2012 4MATIC with P1 package on it. The MSRP is 60K, what should be the target price I should be looking at to make this a

a) Good Deal
    b) Great Deal

Or,

should I even buy a 2012. It has full warranty - 1 Month on it
    should I even buy a 2012. It has full warranty - 1 Month on it

First of all, how can a 2012 have 1 month of warranty? I don't understand your statement. Next, remember that the 2014's are on dealer lots, so the 2012 is now 2 years old. Further, you did not mention the mileage on the 2012.

As for whether you should buy a 2012, that is your decision to make when comparing what the dealer wants for a 2012, a 2013, and/or a 2014.

Sorry, you just haven't provided enough info for me to assist you in your decision.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

I am sorry that my post was unclear. The car is brand new, has 41 miles on it. It has full 4 years minus one month of warranty on it since it was registered the previous month.

My question was around whether it is worth buying a 2012 model and if yes, for how much given the MSRP is 60K.
    edited May 2013
    Even though it is brand new with full warranty, I would deduct $15,000 because it is still a 2 year old car and once driven, depreciates to the value of a used car with 10,000 miles on it or more. So, I wouldn't pay more than $44,000 for the car. No matter what the dealer says, it is still a 2 year old used vehicle, but obviously in pristine condition. Remember, 2013 E 350 sedans were being discounted $7500+ due to major manufacturer incentives.

If you plan to keep the car for 4-6 years at least, I'd buy it for what I mentioned above. But if you do not plan to keep it for at least that long, I would not buy it.

2021 Genesis G90

I agree with your assessment on this. Unless I can get it for 44-45K it doesn't make sense.

Though who is getting 7500 off on 2013? Is this price off the sticker or the invoice?
  • jdh62jdh62 Member Posts: 3
    I just negotiated $10K off a 2013 E550 for my brother-in-law and afterwards, I read folks were getting $11-14K off.

abacomike: I offered $5K off MSRP for a 2014 E550. Didn't think this was that unreasonable since you mentioned you got $2K off invoice for yours. Sales manager didn't even try to counter offer. Guess I will have to try other dealers.
    abacomike: I offered $5K off MSRP for a 2014 E550. Didn't think this was that unreasonable since you mentioned you got $2K off invoice for yours. Sales manager didn't even try to counter offer. Guess I will have to try other dealers.

That was with USAA pricing and MBCA fleet certificate.

2021 Genesis G90

I agree with your assessment on this. Unless I can get it for 44-45K it doesn't make sense.

Though who is getting 7500 off on 2013? Is this price off the sticker or the invoice?

Off sticker (MSRP)

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike: $5K off would have put me around invoice and since you got $3K off invoice, I didn't think it was an unreasonable offer. Sales mgr came out and gave usual BS about this being a new car, not yet built, etc... I got offers of $3~4K off MSRP at other dealers so guess I will try at other dealerships.
    abacomike: $5K off would have put me around invoice and since you got $3K off invoice, I didn't think it was an unreasonable offer. Sales mgr came out and gave usual BS about this being a new car, not yet built, etc... I got offers of $3~4K off MSRP at other dealers so guess I will try at other dealerships.

If you are talking about a car not yet built, it must be a 2014. Take MSRP, subtract $925 transportation, multiply remaining figure by .934 and add back the $925, and that is invoice. Dealers still have holdback of 1.5%, but you should be able to get a 2014 for a great price.

2021 Genesis G90

Every dealer I talk to is telling me that the USAA discount is the best possible deal for the car I am looking at, E350. None of them is willing to go below the predetermined USAA discount. Unless there is another preexisting MB incentive that can beat the USAA discount.

Is this true from everyone else's experience?
  • rags4026rags4026 Member Posts: 17
    How much is the USAA discount? what is your config and price?

/Raghu
    it doesn't seem to matter what my config is...and the USAA discount changes periodically. right now, on 2013's it is a net of $2250 off the invoice. and on the 2014's it is $1500 off the msrp. the dealer pretty much is telling me to wait for july or august if i want to use the usaa discount. but even when negotiating a 2013 model, i'm being told by everyone that the USAA discount is the lowest price i'm going to see unless there is already another preexisting MB incentive that can beat it.

but at the moment, based on the dealer's recommendation, i'm planning on custom ordering a 2014 E350 and the price will be determined when the car actually arrives. the dealer says he will give me either the USAA discount that is in effect at that time, or if a better MB incentive exists, we can use that. my desired config is 4matic, p1 pkg, drivers assistance pkg, parktronic, iridium silver, beige mbtex, pano sunroof, rear spoiler, wood/leather steering wheel, lighting pkg, split folding rear seat. msrp, based just on the mbusa build website is $68,700. based on the past discounts mentioned in july/august 2012 of this very thread, looks like USAA discounts that that time should be decent. but i don't know if i can do better than USAA...which is my question.
    Every dealer I talk to is telling me that the USAA discount is the best possible deal for the car I am looking at, E350. None of them is willing to go below the predetermined USAA discount. Unless there is another preexisting MB incentive that can beat the USAA discount.

Is this true from everyone else's experience?

I do not know of any. The Mercedes Benz Club of America has a $500 certificate (as of April 1) that can be combined with USAA after 1 year of uninterrupted membership. I was able to get my new 2014 for $2500 Unser invoice, because I had printed my MBCA coupon prior to April 1st when it was $1000.

Others have posted here that the bought their cars for even less. IMHO, there are deals to be made if you shop!

But in general, USAA pricing is "usually" the best when a refresh is introduced which is the case with the 2014 E 350 Sedan.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

Will this be considered a good deal on a 2013? The MSRP is around 65K
  • skippy19skippy19 Member Posts: 7
    Afternoon,

My old hand me down 1995 C280 has finally bitten the dust... :( Having read through hundreds of posts on the E350 from all you knowledgable folks, I wondered if you could give me some advice.

I'm looking to purchase a 2011/2012 E350 4Matic w/P1 package CPO. Would be interested in anything with <25k miles. I'm wondering where I should be aiming in terms of price for the 2011, or if you think it's worth stretching further for the 2012? I'm based in the NE, around Boston. Prices as advertised seem to range from $36k-43k from my initial research.

Thank you.
    On any normal day, MB E350 sells for approximately $6k off MSRP, which is like $2k below invoice. 15% of $65k would be $55k, which is $10k off MSRP. Considering the fact that 2014s are on the lot, $10k off MSRP sounds reasonable to me.

/R
    I negotiated $10k off for my brother-in-law. I read some folks got $14k off MSRP.
  • prdolphin49prdolphin49 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man
    What is the MF and RV for May or June, for a 2014 E-350 RWD sedan, 36 months, 15,000 miles? MSRP is $61355.00, price after USAA discount is $59956.00. The dealer gave me an estimate of .00198 for MF and RV 61%. My credit is over 800 and they have not run my credit. I find the MF too high. If the car is special ordered, will the MF be the one for the month of the delivery? Should I negotiate MF and RV before ordering the car?.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    For those of you waiting for the 2014 Bluetec, I placed an order for the car, and my dealer has advised that it should come in around Aug. 20-25th.

Cheers!
    If the car is special ordered, will the MF be the one for the month of the delivery? Should I negotiate MF and RV before ordering the car?.

The money factor and residual value will be those listed at the date/time the lease is consummated, not the date when the car is ordered. When you take delivery of the car, RV and MF is as of the date the lease is signed.

Hope this helps you.

2021 Genesis G90

• cewlcidcewlcid Member Posts: 6
    May I ask what price were you able to get it for.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi cewlcid,
    They didn't have pricing information at this time as they could simply put in the request. I intend to lease, and I anticipate the RV will be high like for the past Bluetec (vs. gas E35). And, I will do MSDs again to reduce the MF. I do qualify for fleet and loyalty, if this is available in Aug/Sept, so those should help reduce the purchase price.

Cheers!
    I do qualify for fleet and loyalty, if this is available in Aug/Sept, so those should help reduce the purchase price.

Mercedes has really not been pushing loyalty in the last few years. They have had pull-ahead programs for current lessees, but loyalty cash from both the manufacturer (mbusa) and their financial arm (Mbps) have all but disappeared. I used to qualify for Mbps loyalty incentives, but they have not offered that for several years.

Fleet incentives (USAA and MBCA, for example) have been outstanding and can be used in conjunction with each other. I bought my 2014 E350 Sedan for invoice less $2500+ because of fleet incentives.

I would expect that if the economy here in our country is about the same in September, you will be able to match or beat my deal on a Bluetec.

This car is well worth the wait!

2021 Genesis G90

So the dealer got back and is offering an additional 5K off of the already 15% off the MSRP. Do you think I should jump on this deal?
  • atuzai1atuzai1 Member Posts: 5
    Just finish buying today. Los Angeles area, 3 deals all willing to do 11K off MSRP for any 2013 E350 bluetec on lot. Was waiting 2014 E250. but after visit dealer, 2014 does not attractive me that much, so end up with big discount 2013. I do not have any member like USAA and MBCA discount. So if you are member , you might get even better deal.

BTW, the new buletec will be here till end of Aug. And I was told the base MSPR for E250 will be $51400.
  • palciparumpalciparum Member Posts: 29
    How come people get such good deal! $10,000 of MSRP on 2013 E350 - right?! or did I read it wrong.

I am not getting such deal in Louisiana - New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I am getting few thousand dollars off.
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Member Posts: 22
    Dealerships in Ohio are not dealing on 13 e350s.

27 month lease
    15k per year
    Maintenance
    Tax
    62,000 msrp
    0 down
    800 per month
    Another dealership 785 per month

They will not budge on price and bulk at the low 500 per month deals some of you are getting.

Any suggestions?
    Is there a huge demand on MB in Louisiana? Did you ask for 12-15% off MSRP?

Sometimes you have to ask :)
    I think its a damn good deal. If I were in the market for an E350, I would buy it.

/R
  • paulrogerspaulrogers Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm also in the Los Angeles area. do you mind sharing which dealers you dealt with and who eventually gave you the best price? thanks
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    Took home a shiny new e350 4Matic; P2, Lane assist, Parktronic, split rear seats, 115v power, comfort box, sport pkg w/AMG 18" wheels + sport steering wheel, rear trunk spoiler. Polar white paint with black/almond MBTex.

$9800 off MSRP. Dealer was in San Jose.

Sounds like others got a slightly better deal, but this was mine and I'm really happy with it since the dealer made it super simple and worked the deal in about 10 minutes.

-David
    Not sure it is ok to post dealer information here. Maybe you can leave your email here, I will send information to you.
    edited May 2013
    Not sure it is ok to post dealer information here. Maybe you can leave your email here, I will send information to you.

You may post the dealership - read rules for posting below. You should not post email addresses!

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks Mike.

Ok, here is details.

Beverly Hill Benz offered 11K off one bluetec on lot. Long beach Benz offered 11.4K off any bluetec on lot. Penske (west covina) benz offered 11.45K off any bluetec on their lot. I bought from Penske since it is the most close to home. Sales was great, no trick, simple straight transaction. Done all negotiation by email/phone, finish paperwork on site.
    Ok, here is details.

I used to live in Southern California back in the '90's. Penske is a big dealership organization and usually can beat most any deal in the area. I leased a '91 300E from Mercedes of San Diego and serviced it at Penske when I moved to Los Angeles. Good service department.

Enjoy your new Bluetec - you got a great deal, in my opinion considering that 2014's won't be out until August/September.

2021 Genesis G90

Ok, so I think I have finally decided on what I am going to custom order:

2014 E350 Sport 4matic
    Black
    Silk/Beige MB-Tex
    Burl Walnut Wood trim
    Lighting Pkg
    P1 pkg
    Drivers Assistance Pkg
    Parktronic (active assist) & SVC
    Keyless Go Pkg (should include the electronic trunk closer)
    Panorama sunroof
    Rear deck spoiler
    Sport wood/leather steering wheel
    Split folding rear seats
    115v outlet

MSRP is 68360 and the best quote I have received from a dealer for this custom order is $63340 which includes a USAA discount. I'm not sure what others are doing to get better deals but for some reason this is the best I've been able to get. Going to try to shop around a bit more, but I'm close to pulling the trigger for this price.