Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• indiansocalindiansocal Member Posts: 8
    Hey! Believe it or not, I didn't qualify for any of the USAA or MBCA options. Ive only dealt with the dealers with the highest volumes of sale. Since I'm in Southern California, that has been Keyes European and Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.

Thanks for the info on the Package! Do you know if any of these have hit dealer lots yet?
  • syd3nsyd3n Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the info on the Package! Do you know if any of these have hit dealer lots yet?

Not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if any cars with the Keyless-go package have hit the lots? I would assume so. I would even assume that the car you are looking at was ordered with this package. I am assuming that all 2014 E350's that have both Keyless-go and Electronic Trunk closer installed were ordered using this package option. Every dealer I've talked to since late spring has made use of this option when I asked for both these features to part of my config.
    edited July 2013
    That makes sense. That is probably what is on it.
    Does anyone have experience with Mercedes Benz Financial? How are they to deal with? I've been getting conflicting interest rate quotes throughout the week, ranging from 1.99 for 66 months to 2.99 for 66 months.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    Every dealer I've talked to since late spring has made use of this option when I asked for both these features to part of my config.

When's car was ordered in January, the Keyless Go Pkg. was not available - the trunk closer and keyless go had to be ordered separately at a cost of $250 over the package cost. But some of the options I have on my car have gone up in price, so I guess I broke even.

My car MSRP'd at $64,350 + $500 for the AMG Wheels they installed, or $64,850. I tried building my exact car again and the MSRP is now $65,650 for the exact same car. So, it would seem some options must have gone up.

I 'm taking the car on a 400 mile round trip to Orlando a week from Tuesday - my grandson is flying in from Palm Springs and then we are driving up to Universal Studios resort for 4 days. This is the first road trip I've taken with the new car. I'm averaging 24.6 mpg combined city/highway and 33.4 mpg on the interstates at 65mph. A little better than my 2013 got - I suspect the ECO STOP/START is the reason.

2021 Genesis G90

I've been getting conflicting interest rate quotes throughout the week, ranging from 1.99 for 66 months to 2.99 for 66 months.

The lowest rate you got (1.99%) is probably with no mark-ups. Dealers usually mark up the rate to make money on the back end. I was not aware there were low interest rates available - the best they had back in April was 2.59% for 66 months. I just decided to pay cash for the car since my money is making nothing in the bank.

But 1.99% would be a great rate. I always used to finance with MBFS, they are financed through Chase. So the loan is registered as MBFS, but Chase underwrites their loans.

2021 Genesis G90

• valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Right now the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount which seems decent to me. Let me know what you guys think.

A screaming good deal for a new 2014 e350.

-ValleyGuy
    Interesting that they have Chase underwrite their loans.
    Hopefully I'll pull the trigger sometime this weekend. I'm still hoping to save a little more. I might go for a car that doesn't have the comfort box. I'm not sure how much of a use it really is.
    Does anyone know how the AAA discounts are? Fletcher Jones honors the AAA discount, so I was just curious.
    edited July 2013
    I might go for a car that doesn't have the comfort box. I'm not sure how much of a use it really is.

I use the comfort box all the time when I go shopping. It's great if you have jars or wine bottles - it keeps them from rolling around in the trunk. Also, when we buy pies or cake - they are more secure in the comfort box from sliding around when turning or accelerating/stopping. I've had it in my last 3 cars - well worth the $290.

2021 Genesis G90

Comfort box is nice to have. I like the fact it has adjustable depth.

The name must be lost in translation.... from German, I wonder if it should be translated to "convenience box" rather than comfort box.

It has nothing to do with comfort and everything to do with convenience.

-ValleyGuy
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I still can't figure out why the device is called the "comfort box." Convenience box, OK. Comfort box? Maybe it is comfortable if you sit in it. Was something was lost in the translation from German?
    Hmmm that's what I was thinking.
    I'm considering getting it, since $250 really isn't that much of a deal breaker at this point.
    I'm still contemplating interest rate. I keep getting different rates, from 1.99 to 2.99, with some dealers doing the 1.99 and others 2.99. I'm still not sure what they're doing, since most of the dealers I have talked to don't seem like they're attempting to get any additional money from the back end.
    ... dealers I have talked to don't seem like they're attempting to get any additional money from the back end.

1.99% vs. 2.99% depending on the dealer? Mercedes Benz Financial offers one rate to dealers, depending on the buyer's credit. If one dealer is offering 1.99%, then that is the "buy rate" and those offering 2.99% have added 1% for back-end profit.

The dealer offering the best deal plus 1.99% is the dealer you buy the car from.

2021 Genesis G90

Car finally came in. I had made a few changes to my original config:

2014 E350 Sport 4Matic
    Iridium Silver
    Black MB-Tex
    Burl Walnut Wood trim
    Lighting Pkg
    P1 pkg
    Drivers Assistance Pkg
    Parktronic (active assist) & SVC
    Keyless Go Pkg (should include the electronic trunk closer)
    Panorama sunroof
    Rear deck spoiler
    Sport wood/leather steering wheel
    Split folding rear seats
    115v outlet
    AMG wheels

MSRP - 69.5K and Sale price is 63.5K which includes a 2.5K USAA discount.

abacomike - oddly enough, my car also came in with the wood leather steering with the flat bottom for some reason. It looks like the wheel from E-Class Coupe's sport option. I am not going to complain, but I like the perforated look better. I definitely like the flat bottom look a lot...very happy with how it looks.

I am planning on taking the dealer offered extended service plan which will cover me for 6yrs/100k miles. And also going to get the prepaid maintenance plan for 5yrs/50k miles. I plan on keeping the car for at least 6 years if not more. I wish I could upgrade more frequently, but I will just try to live vicariously through abacomike until my next upgrade ;-)

Car looks beautiful. I am looking forward to playing with all the new tech inside the car, especially the adaptive cruise control. Need to start planning some long road trips lol. I bought a 64gb SDXC card and have loaded it up with a ton of music already. Hoping to pick it up some time this week after all the paperwork is done.
    ... but I will just try to live vicariously through abacomike until my next upgrade...

Congratulations and best of luck with your new E350. You can live vicariously all you want - but I'm keeping this one for at least 2 years - would like to finally have an oil change or two since my dealer gave me the 3 year maintenance pkg. as a gift.

2016 is the model year Mercedes is revamping the entire E Class line. I'll wait at least until then.

Leaving for Orlando tomorrow morning with my grandson who just arrived from California. First extended road trip for the new car.

Hope you will be as happy with yours as I am with mine. That collision avoidance system takes some getting used to!

2021 Genesis G90

edited July 2013
    In my first 2 months of ownership, collision avoidance prevented 2 accidents on the freeway.

A Chevy Suburban was barreling across lanes right for my rear driver's side, the alarm went off and avoided the wreck. The a**hole was texting and drifted 2.5 lanes before he paid attention.

The other was a motorcycle lane sharing going way to fast.

I'll never buy another car again without it.

-ValleyGuy
    In my first 2 months of ownership, collision avoidance prevented 2 accidents on the freeway.

valleyguy408, I believe you are confusing "Blind Spot Monitoring" with the new "Collision Avoidance System." Tell me if I am wrong.

The blind spot monitors are on your outside mirrors and light up "red" if a car or other vehicle is in the right or left lane immediately behind you. If your directional signal is on, it will light up red and "beep".

Accident avoidance system is a new system for 2014. There are several radar sensors and radar beacons in the front of the lower grille of the car. It always sends out a radar beacon while driving over 25 mph. If you approach another vehicle (and sometimes even a large road sign), you will hear a "repeating beep" alerting you to the fact that you are coming up on another object quickly. That was the one I was talking about in my post that takes some getting used to. It will inadvertently beep even for a road sign at times.

Lane tracking is something entirely different. If you are driving on a road that has solid or broken stripes, and your vehicle drives over the lane strips, the steering wheel will vibrate.

I hope the above helps. All of these systems "may" be turned on and off at will through the setting menu on your steering wheel and speedometer screen, not the NAV system screen.

2021 Genesis G90

This is the feature that abacomike is referring to...it comes standard in the 2014 E-Class:
    COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
    At speeds above 20 mph, this new system's radar-based technology alerts the driver if they're approaching a vehicle ahead at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. It can also detect stationary objects when driving at speeds up to 40 mph. Its Adaptive Brake Assist automatically provides the ideal level of braking as soon as the driver steps on the brake pedal. And if deemed necessary, the system can also activate PRE-SAFE®. Along with helping to prevent or reduce the severity of a collision, the system's engagement of the brake lamps can help to alert the drivers behind your E-Class earlier as well.

As far as what helped ValleyGuy...its hard to say without more specifics about what exactly the car did to avoid the two described situations, but it could be a combination of these two features that come in the Drivers Assistance Package:
    PRE-SAFE® Brake with Cross-Traffic Assist
    Even when you're not using the cruise control functions of DISTRONIC PLUS, PRE-SAFE Brake can help detect an impending collision and automatically apply up to 100% braking force to help reduce the severity of impact. New Cross-Traffic Assist helps detect a potential collision with vehicles approaching from either side of an intersection ahead.

Active Blind Spot Assist
    At speeds above 20 mph, radar technology helps sense when a vehicle enters the blind-spot area on either side of you, and alerts you by illuminating an icon in the appropriate side mirror. A warning tone sounds if you activate a turn signal while a vehicle is detected. And if you begin to change lanes, advanced active technology can help guide the car back.
  • dkchipsdkchips Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Anyone out there have the current MBZ Financial loan rates for late model SL550 and CLS550 2012 - TERM 48 months, 60 months and above??

I know the CPO program is at 1.99% but does anyone know what the buy rate would be for a CPO 2012 or 2013 CLS550?

Tier 1 credit 722 FICO -

Thanks,

David
    edited July 2013
    Hi abacomike,

"valleyguy408, I believe you are confusing "Blind Spot Monitoring" with the new "Collision Avoidance System." Tell me if I am wrong.
    "

As usual, you are not wrong.

My experience was with Blind Spot Monitoring. Darn skippy I'm glad to have it.

-Valleyguy
  • jatyjaty Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Hi indiansocal,

I am also in the market for a E350. Could you pls let me know the name of the sales person who gave you such a crazy discount? I will feel in heaven if I could have the same sales person to match your price. Also, do you have a breakdown of all the promotion you got? I am trying to see if I am qualified for all of them.

Thank you !
    As usual, you are not wrong.

Figured it was blind spot monitoring. The collision avoidance alert is new this year and is so sensitive it will, at times, pick up larger signs. It is the same audible alert as blind spot monitoring and that can be confusing.

2021 Genesis G90

Hey!
    I got the discount from Keyes European in Van Nuys, CA
    The sales persons name was Nikko. He's their Internet Sales Manager. I ended up paying $49,460, and most of the dealers I showed this quote to were able to meet this price, but I decided to buy from Keyes because I loved their customer service.
  • jatyjaty Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the dealer info ! Do you mind sharing a little more info on your deal ?What is the MSRP, and what incentives did you get ? Does $49460 include destination charge and TTL ?

Thanks !
  • dkchipsdkchips Member Posts: 9
    Hi CARMAN,

Would you know the buy rate for MBZ financial rates for 2012/2013 CLS550's - I know there is a special 1.99% rate available but it's not applicable to the CLS550

720 FICO - Tier 1

Thanks in Advance!!!
  • aaccssaaccss Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any recent experience to share with a special order? I can't locate a vehicle with my preferred options so I'm likely going to have one built for me. I'm hearing from my salesperson that if I special order, all they look for is a $1000 refundable deposit but he can't guarantee a price upon ordering. Once the vehicle is delivered, we would then discuss price and I could take it or leave it then, getting my deposit back if I choose to walk. Is that consistent with other's recent MB experience?

Thanks!
    Is that consistent with other's recent MB experience?

I ordered my 2014 E 350 Sport Sedan back in February, well before production on the 2014's began, but because I buy one just about every year, I did not have to give them a deposit. But most dealers will require a deposit merely to make sure the buyer is a committed customer. Remember, to order a car with your specifications requires them to use that order as part of their allocation for the month. So long as it is refundable, it's acceptable.

Make sure you get that in writing from them - "...all deposits received are refundable if the final pricing is unacceptable to the buyer...", or something similar - signed by you and the manager of the dealership.

I can tell you that purchasing a car from inventory will always get you better pricing. They know they can make a better profit on an ordered car because it is exactly what you want and there is no dealer that has that exact car.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

Hi aaccss,

Building upon abacomike's comments... Your best deal is from inventory like abacomike said. Next best thing is to have the dealer look into inventory on the dock and in transit by ship. The dealer can see this inventory and maybe your car or something close to it is coming. The dealers can negotiate on these cars like the one's in stock. If dealer's could do this 100% of the time they would. There are no carrying charges for them as the vehicle is off the books the day it arrives.

-ValleyGuy
    to have the dealer look into inventory on the dock and in transit by ship

I agree, ValleyGuy. If the dealer can locate a vehicle exactly like you want, or almost identical to what you would order, and it is either currently in production, on a ship headed to the closest "zone", or at the port, the dealer can "dealer-trade" that vehicle and not have to pay the $250 they normally have to pay truckers to transport a vehicle from one dealer to another. If it is at the port, the car is just transferred on the computer and delivered to your dealer instead of the dealer who ordered the car. The same is true for a car on a ship.

Some options can be added to a car on its way in from Germany at the port. Many options are "port added options" like rear spoiler, glowing front Mercedes Star on the Sport Sedans, comfort boxes, special order wheels, etc.

As you said, the very best deals are deals made on a car currently in inventory at a dealership. And the longer the car has been in inventory, the better the deal you can get. Some dealers will sell la car for invoice or even a little below to get rid of a car that has been in inventory for 90 days or more.

2021 Genesis G90

• boogerbear1boogerbear1 Member Posts: 4
    I ordered my car in Hilton Head, S. C. and I only put down $500.00. I waited three months for it to come in, but the amount the salesman told me is the amount less discounts is what I paid. They did not increase the price. Good Luck!
  • ukiddenmeukiddenme Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a new 2013 E350 today. After calling eight different dealerships in Texas, I found a dealer in Houston that offered me $12,000 off any E class on the lot. They had four including one E400. Also received the same offer on my trade-in that I had received earlier at two other dealers. A very nice experience on a very nice car.
  • marvinlee2marvinlee2 Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered an E550 4Matic. It is necessary if you want a non-typical set of options, and is normal for new cars I buy. Mercedes is unable to provide a heated steering wheel since I did not order the Premium 1 package. The factory is current reviewing the limitation.
    The factory is current reviewing the limitation

Mercedes Benz options are not typical of other options on other imported cars. I do know that there is an SPC charge for special orders ($250.00) and they may be able to do something for you.

I do not recommend that you purchase an E550 without the Premium Package. It will be a very difficult car to sell in a few years without those options. You are paying a very high price for a V8 high horsepower engine - why not add the $3000+ for the Harman Karmin Audio System, Navigation, Rear Sunshade, and a slew of other options you won't be getting. Selling a car in 3-6 years from now without that option will be very difficult since most people paying that kind of money for a Mercedes expect those options.

You might was to rethink your decision.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    If you plan to trade the car rather than selling it personally, the options don't matter. If you are leasing, be careful that the residual doesn't change based on options you selected (audi does this)...and of course resale doesn't matter at all.
  • bill_999bill_999 Member Posts: 2
    We're thinking about buying the E350. Any information regarding the dealer name, pricing, or specs of the car will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Bill
  • art14art14 Member Posts: 6
    New 2014 E Class. The dealer told me he would give me $10,000 off MSRP. I this a good price? They are also giving me $41,500 for my trade. My trade is a 2012 E Class with 20,000 miles and had a MSRP of $60,395 and is in excellent condition. Thanks for any help.
    edited August 2013
    there really isn't enough info to know if it's a good deal or not. An e350 sedan is not worth anywhere close to $41500 (check edmunds) and $10K must include USAA or some other money.

If you are getting 10K off without some sort of bonus money from somewhere, even on a 2014 e550, I want to know your dealer...I'll order a car tomorrow.
    edited August 2013
    If you are getting 10K off without some sort of bonus money from somewhere, even on a 2014 e550, I want to know your dealer...I'll order a car tomorrow.

I wonder if there are any of those manufacturer to dealer certificates out there which would not be publicly known to us. I paid $58,000 for mine which MSRP'd for $64,850 - but that included USAA + Mercddes Benz Club Fleet Discount. If you price out a $64850 car on Edmunds, the average buyer can get it for about $60,000, so I would think that there must be some factory incentive to dealers on these cars now. My dealer currently has 75 of them on the lot right now so I truly believe there is a coupon or similar incentive out there. I know that Mercedes is out to take top place for German imported cars here in the USA - so something must be available.

2021 Genesis G90

Hi Bill. It was Star Motors. They had three left with one being a black E400 Hybrid. The MSRP ranged from 60 to 62K. I asked my sales rep if they would sell the others for the same $12K off and he said they would. His name was Ed. They all had P1 and a couple of extras. This type of discount takes a big bite out of the first year depreciation.
  • bill_999bill_999 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Thank you very much. I'll contact Star Motors soon. Hope to get a good deal, too ^_^

It seems to be an auction based dealer. Not sure how it works but doubt we can get better deals there relative to other dealers. Any comments on this?

-- Bill
    I'm not sure if we are talking about the same dealer. I dealt with the dealership on 7000 Old Katy Rd., Houston, TX 77024. I was told by the salesman and the sales manager that they would sell all three remaining E Classes with the same $12,000 discount. I looked at all three and I believe they all have less than 20 miles on them. If you were told something else, let me know and I will make a call for you.
  • mafitchmafitch Member Posts: 15
    Signed the papers today and couldn't be happier. Data is as follows. I'm sure there are better deals out there, but I am pleased since I don't get fleet pricing or USAA.

MSRP - 70,440

Discount - 5,700

Terms - 36/months, 15K/miles per year

Residual - 60%

Downpayment or Cap Cost Reduction - 2,000

Money Factor - buy rate of .00195

Payment of 872.44 per month

Not that we can change anything at this point, but I'm interested to hear if people generally think I did well. Thanks in advance.
    You might have done better to do multiple security deposits vs that capital cost reduction up front...it might have saved you about $56 a month if you had loaned Mercedes $7200 up front which you would get back at the end of the lease. A quick calculation shows that you might have saved just over $2000 doing the maximum 7 MSD's...$7200. To earn that $2000 in a bank, you would have to earn about 9% a year!! I also don't know if you can take MSD's against the .00195 rate...and of course you have to have $7200 that you can loan.....so this might not apply in your case.

Oh well...something to consider for next time :)

fast car...enjoy.
  • mafitchmafitch Member Posts: 15
    Being that this is my first lease, my main concern was trying not to get financially raped for lack of a better description. Leasing is so confusing with so many levers that can be pulled to change what the final outcome, your payment, will be. I didn't pay any security deposit and I certainly wasn't aware that paying one was a good thing or that doing multiple security deposits would be a good thing. Frankly, I can think of a long list of mutual funds that would earn double that 9% figure per year over the span of three years, but I will consider it next time if there is an advantage. Either way, thanks for responding and I hope someone is able to use something from my deal to get an even better one.
  • riloh05riloh05 Member Posts: 15
    What was the name of the manager? I am currently discussing with them on an e-class. Thanks.
    If you can make over 9% per year guaranteed with mutual funds over the next three years....go for it....and get every one of your friends into those funds.
  • rallo1rallo1 Member Posts: 4
    I used this board daily to help neg my price-thank you all for posting. I thought I would share the deal I signed last night. San Diego, CA.

2014 E350 MSRP $57,450
    Price: $48,820
    27 month lease
    12k Miles
    buy rate
    One Pay lease $14,100.

By paying the lease upfront I saved $1,766--for me that was a no brainer. I know some of you will disagree, but for me the 10% was too good to pass up. I had to work 4-5 dealers to get to this price. Had I did monthly, my payments would have been $501 with $2,840 down.

$501 x $13,026 + $2840 = $15,866.00

$14,100 ONE PAY

Savings with one pay $1,766 or 10%

I declined the Maintenance program--I will get the 2 oil changes at walmart ;-)

For those of you in CA--I hope this helps!!!
    I believe the mercedes lease is quite specific about maintenance...and if you don't have receipts showing that every item on their recommended maintenance has been done, you may be asked to pay at the end. Check on that before you decide to just do oil changes at walmart. Those oil changes could be very expensive. Remember on a lease, Mercedes (not you) owns the car....so they can be specific on where, etc you do maintenance.
  • rallo1rallo1 Member Posts: 4
    My understanding is that the leasing company owns the car not Mercedes--I could be wrong, but that is my understanding. I am certain that Mercedes cannot force you to do the MAINT with them...
    Mercedes can not require you to use their service....they can however require you to do all the items in every service and be able to show that you did them.
    actually, most leasing companies require that, but only Mercedes tries to enforce it.

Mercedes Finance owns the cars, not Mercedes Motorcars.
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    I have this $3500 discount certificate for 2014 E350 based on the new affinity relationship between MB and United (premier status flier). Should I expect this to be treated as "real" money -- in addition to a discount in 10% range. Or is this a gimmick -- just representing the discount they would offer anyway.

What should I expect?

10% off plus 3500?
    or
    10% off total?

Or more??
    (Or, don't say it, less)