Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• utc2utc2 Posts: 42
    rallo1,

Which dealers were you working with in SoCal and which one did you go with? It appears you were able to bring the MSRP price down by +/- 15%. Nice work. I'm not too familiar with the one pay lease option and was planning on purchasing the vehicle. Thanks for posting your details.

Do members of this forum believe 10%-15% off MSRP is reasonable for the E250 as well?? At this point with the imminent release of the E250 and increased demand, I don't believe that kind of reduction is out there but perhaps by winter when inventory builds it might seem like a reasonable price point. Thoughts?

Many thanks.
  • With so many 2014's going for a great price; I am curious to know about the discounts on a 2013 E Class. I drove both the 2014 and 2013 and IMHO not much of a difference.

What are the discounts being offered on a 2013? Thanks again for all the input!
  • thx much for the detailed reply. those are the $ off which i was looking for. another poster also mentioned few pages prior he/she got ~16-17% off, but i will be happy with 15% off. do you know what was the MFactor?
    also did you work with their internet dept?
  • it kind of depends on if you are looking to buy( cash vs finance) or lease.

if lease, 2014 would be the way to go usually
  • Hi Rallo. What dealer in San Diego did you lease your car? eddie
  • Has anyone recently traded in a 2011 E 350 Blue Tec, P 1 package? Pricing? Or does anyone have any info on auction pricing on the vehicle. Mercedes dealers in LA would not disclose auction pricing, while a local Porsche dealer sent me the complete list of Boxsters sold at auction to prove that his pricing was in line with the market.
  • Hi Pingpong30,
    I just returned a 2011 E350 Bluetec this past Sunday to MB of Long Beach and leased a 2014 E350. The Bluetec is white with tan MB-tex, sport, P1, parktronic, split folding seats, etc. And it has <20K miles on it.

I recommend you call or email my salesperson with initials DD.

Cheers!
  • If you want auction values, try posting here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9c851/44139#MSG44139

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what they paid you for the trade in? eddie
  • The dealer won't be able to sell it to you unless you want to pay the (rediculously high) residual value. MB finance, for some financial reason, has to auction them off and eat the loss between residual value and real value. MB finance doesn't even give the dealers the opportunity to buy the cars for inventory at market price.
  • Thank you. I confirmed that info today with the local MB dealer. A dealer in San Diego who I called about a used blue tec is discounting both the 2014 e 350 and e 250 diesel in excess of $10K. The e 350's are more heavily discounted than the new diesel.
    pingpong30,

Thanks for posting this information. Can you tell me what dealer in SD? Have you purchased in OC or LA before? I'm surprised they are deducting > 10k off sticker for purchase on the E250's in the SD area. I live close to Hoehn and I doubt they would do this. I think FJ, Keyes, Ontario, Silver Star, etc. have a better chance at discounting new purchases at that price point from their inventory given their larger volumes but I may be wrong?? Personally, I was considering waiting until the winter sales event however 10k off MSRP at this point sounds great!
  • I believe it was Mercedes of San Diego - Penske Motors, however the salesman did not give me a firm quote just a discount range.

I also called Mercedes of Long Beach, CA.. I spoke to a salesman with the initials DD, Desmond?? He gave me complete information, exact discounted pricing, (which was in the discount range stated in my last email) lease payments. He told me that he would email me the info today. There are more incentives for purchasing than leasing, however the payments with just up fronts on a 36 month lease, 12k were in the mid 600's plus tax.

As you probably know, what a salesman says on the phone and reality can be night and day. This salesman sounded very knowledgeable, quoted me purchase and lease pricing without having to go to a supervisor, and seemed forthright. These new vehicles are out of my price point, however I hope this information helps you.
  • Hi pingpong 30,

I'm in San Diego as well, and I've interacted with all three local dealerships with their sales directors (decision makers) on multiple occasions over the past 7 years. Based on my experience, I would be hard pressed to see any of them, particularly, MB of SD and Hoehn, offering $10k discount on an E250. Neither could even come close to the lease deal I got from Dez at MB of Long Beach on a 2014 E350 (see my posts in leasing). Frankly, both those dealers were rude and condescending and seemed aghast that I could actually do high school math.

MB of Escondido, particularly RR and MS, were quite nice. They ordered an E250 for me (P1, sport, Keyless go pkg, park assist, etc.), but the best that they could offer was $3K off list ($58+K list). Dez had ordered one for me as well ($59+K list) and offered a good discount and included MSDs, but it simply made more financial sense to go with the E350.

My two rupees.

Cheers!
  • Just quoted me $48.6k on a E250 D. $59,090 Msrp. Amazing.....

BTW. I am a Dewars guy, but on the rocks. Enjoy your new car.
    Pingpong30/Dewarsandsoda,

Appreciate your feedback on these boards.

Dewarsandsoda,
    Did you work with any other dealerships in LA/OC? Is there anyone else you recommend locally? I am also reluctant to deal with any of the SD dealerships. Seems like DD in LB is an excellent option. Is your E250 from their inventory or a factory build?

Pingpong30,
    You scored a great deal. That over 10k off MSRP! Is this through DD at LB with a car in their inventory? What kind of packages/options did you end up getting?

Thanks guys.
  • I have called almost every Mercedes dealership in LA, and have not had a good experience with any of them. All have refused to negotiate by email, requesting an in person visit to talk price. DD in Long Beach has been very open and receptive to phone and email quotes. The quote is for in stock vehicles, both E 250 and E 350. Below, I have copied the email I received from DD. This was his first offer to me. No negotiation, but this may be his best pricing.

Sir

Sorry about the typo in your name. hopefully I have it right now. I did get in touch with my used car manager. We did not purchase the 2011 E350 bluetec. It was sent back to Mercedes Benz Fiancial. Apparently their asking price was more than the cars actual market value. With regards to the 2014 E-Class we talked about, here is an accurate quote valid until the end of September:

2014 E250 bleutec polar white ext, silk beige int, premium package p1, lane tracking package, lane tracking package, comfort box, rear spoiler
    MSRP 59090
    Invoice 55716
    Price 48716 plus tax and license

2014 E350 sedan (gas engine) polar white ext, black int, premium package p1, sports package, split folding rear seats, elec trunk closer, keyless go, chrome door handle inserts, accessory styling package, comfort box

MSRP 59375
    Invoice 55981
    Price 48681

Please consider this sample pricing as I have many too chose from. I can pass on the same discount for any E350 or E250 in stock.
  • hi, did you ended up with buy, or lease? thx if lease, pmt terms?
  • I have not done anything yet. I sent this quote to another dealer and the salesman beat the price quoted in my last posting by about $450 for the E 350. The money factor and residual value should be identical for every dealership that finances an E 350 or E 250 through Mercedes Benz, so if you take the same purchase price to any dealership, with the same down payment, fees, lease term and mileage, the payment should be identical.
  • Mercedes dealers are allowed to mark up money factors for extra profit, and many of them do...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs