Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm looking at leasing a E350 base with sports package too. I'm here in CA and was quoted a base price of $43,500. WIth a 29 month lease and $5,000 down, the monthly payment was about $450. With tax, about $480. Does that sound good? Average miles quotes in the lease was 15,000 per year.

Do you think I can negotiate the base price lower than $43,500 for the based E350 with sports package option, nothing else? Please help as I am thinking about leasing this car this coming weekend. Thanks everyone.
  • Why don't you buy a 2006. They currently have an $8000 "marketing support" deal going on.
  • I think you should be able to do better... I live in CA as well. My car is a '07 e 350 with P1, Leather Seats, Sports package, 15,000 miles per year for 27 months. My MSRP is 55,250 approx.

I think your drive off is the major problem with the deal...With a total drive off of $2,000.00, do the deal... The dealer is getting money back from Mercedes Benz and will want to move the car befor the end of this year.

Good Luck.
  • I have been checking lease rates for a 2007 E350 4matic. The last offer I made was $615/month for 27 month lease and 15K miles/year. I am putting down $4000 plus paying taxes and title. Dealer thinks it is not enough.
    This is for a car with P2 package and MSRP of 58,635
    Any help is appreciated.
  • geocgeoc Posts: 15
    +Pano roof
    +P2 Pkg
    +Black/Black Cognac
    +Wheel/Tire hazard ins(new MB option)
    +Bluetooth
    +Spoiler
    If dealer can't locate this, will order. I sincerely hope the reliability/quality has improved!
  • :shades: I just entered the realm of MB owner and wanted to post the deal.

The car is a 2000 E320. 1 owner. 48898 miles. CarFAX and all MB service records provided by the dealership (Star Motor Cars-Houston, TX). Listed for $14,995, drive out $14,173. I figure even with the 1,500 miles round trip from SW Georgia, it was worth it. The best deal I could find within 250 miles for the same model was over $18,000.
  • I just purchased a 2001 MB E320 with 67877 miles with heated seats, a CD changer in the trunk and moon roof. A one owner, purchased new at this dealer, all maintenance and repairs done at dealer. Very good condition in and out. Not a scratch on paint...interior like new. Recent brakes. New Continental ProContact tires and oil change service by dealer after trade in. I too was seeing upper teen pricing all over the internet. Stopped by my local MB dealer 3 miles away.....made the deal same day.... yesterday. ( Thursday ) $ 15,509 plus TT&L. I guess Texas dealers must be going all out before the end of the year to make bonus. I am happy!! PS Live in North Texas
  • 07 E350 w/ P1 & Sports Package.
    $2165 total drive off.
    $594/month 15,000 miles/yr 27mos.

Was this a good deal?
  • mrpmrp Posts: 10
    mosesgolf,

That seems like a very reasonable deal to me. May I ask what state you made this deal in? Thanks.
  • So. Cal at MB of Encino
  • pearlpearl Posts: 336
    Anyone have any current experience with taking delivery of their MB in Germany? My local dealer says that they will sell me one that way for 7% under U.S. MSRP. MBUSA website says much the same thing. Since I wasn't buying the day I stopped in, I did not try to negotiate with the dealer on price. Has anyone else bought a MB by negotiating down on the U.S. MSRP and then subtracting another 7%? I know that BMW publishes both a European delivery invoice and MSRP price and negotiations take place around those, not the U.S. MSRP.
  • Thats a good deal.

Anyone have numbers on an 18K yr lease?

Would like to be around $700 with fees.
  • dtexdtex Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a 2007 E350 4matic. The sticker price is $56900. What is the good deal I could receive, if so what is the best way to go about it? Any help is appreciated. I am new to this forum. I am from New Jersey.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,569
    The 4matics are in short(er) supply, but I would anticipate you could get $1-3K off sticker price. FWIW, I have no experience with this model E.
  • dtexdtex Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a 2007 E350 4matic. The sticker price is $56900. What is the good deal I could receive, if so what is the best way to go about it? Any help is appreciated. I am new to this forum. I am from New Jersey. How should I go about getting a quote ( looks like the quote you got is below the invoice).
  • gs6mbgs6mb Posts: 1
    If you're happy with the car, you got a good deal. I just purchased a 2002 E430 4matic special edition (whatever that means) if anyone knows, I'd love to hear what it is. I think it might mean the interior wood or something is a different color. It has a sunroof, cd player, teleaid, built-in phone (that was not there), heated seats, mirrors that move when you put the car in reverse, you can operate everything by voice, and it is a beautiful car in mint condition. It had 37,400 miles on it. It was a certified Mercedes vehicle and came with a one year warranty. I then purchased an additional two year extended warranty, tire warranty, with wheel and rims included (it had brand new tires), window and paint protection (the paint protection is this tape stuff they put on to protect the paint). It was not ready at delivery time, so I got $500.00 towards parts and service at the dealership. I got 1.9% financing for 3 years. I paid $29,000.00 including what the interest will be after 3 years. I feel like I got a great deal. I wanted the 8 cylinder engine based on consumer reports and driving a 2006 that had no power. I live in New England and need the winter mode. It drives great in the snow. I am very happy with it.
    There is only one thing. When it is cold, if it does not warm up sufficiently. The ABS and other brake malfunction lights go on. It indicates there are 3 malfunctions. If I stop the car, and let it warm up longer, it's fine. Has anyone else had this problem? This has occurred on several occasions now. Once, it was about 2 degrees out (but had been in my 35 degree garage undriven for 3 or 4 days). It had been running for about 7 or 8 minutes before I drove it. When I got on the highway 10 minutes later, I was unable to drive over 50 mph. It began to vibrate and shake. When I dropped my kids off at school 10 minutes later, I pulled over and let it warm up a little more. It was fine after that. It has not happened again.
    I had bought a 1998 SLK 230 May 1,2006 for summer fun and just loved it. I have a private mechanic for that car, but went to my local dealership for a recall and was impressed with their service department, so had no hesitation to buy from them. I had a $40,000.00 2001 Chrysler T&C Minivan I paid cash for before this E car that was very luxurious inside, but I enjoy driving this much more. That car was worth nothing, even though it had only 51,000 miles on it and I ended up giving it away for $6500.00. So, I know these cars hold their value more. Good luck with your Mercedes! (Oh, I paid $15,000 for my mint 1998 SLK 230 with 87,000 miles on it in May of 2006 and got a great deal on that from a private party and love it!)
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Posts: 106
    Wow!!! Very good deal. Congrats!!!
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    dtex - The MB E350 4Matic is a great car. I think that you should be $500 - $1,000 over invoice even though inventory is quite low.

Matt
  • ealazarusealazarus Posts: 23
    I have been leasing MB since 1979.....except for a Lexus I have has mostly E-class and 1 S-Class.....they have been good.

Getting a little bored and lease is up this week, I went to look at the Audi A6 and see the Residuals are terrible compared to the Mercedes. Also, I have learned that in Texas (I moved here from California)you pay the sales tax on MSRP when you lease and don't recapture any of it at end of term.....so buying may be a better option in this state.

How are the 2007's holding up? How are the deals going.....I went to one dealership, the only one in Austin and they took off $1100...I found that amusing.

So I am sitting here trying to decide on buying a MB again or eating the depreciation on an Audi when I don't even know the maintenence on an Audi but I know MB is decent.....not the same as years ago but decent.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Elliot
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,569
    How are the 2007's holding up? .....

All I can way is that now after seven mos., my '07 E350 has been bullet proof. It remains rock solid and fun to drive with great gas mileage as an added bonus.

Except for resale/depreciation issues I have nothing against an Audi A6....great car.

BTW, in Texas, wouldn't you just be being tax on the car's MRSP but based on the lease's time frame not the total MSRP?