Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    thanks. I feel down of 3500 is too much for a 671$ monthly payment for 48 months. the quote did not show bankfee. I will inquire. I personally don't find this offer interesting or appealing at all...
  • mrashy2004mrashy2004 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

2009 Black on Black E-Class 4-matic with P1 package & Sports package

MSRP including destination is $58, 275

Price quoted to buy is $45,796

The car is brand new with 10 miles. Is this a good deal? Can I do better?

Dealer also said he would do a 3 yr 100,000 mile extended warranty from Mercedes for $3700. Is that a good deal?

Thank You for your responses
  • spalmspalm Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

The invoice on the car is 54257
    minus fact to dealer - 6000
    equals 48257
    minus your quote - 45706
    equals 2551 under invoice

May I ask who and where the dealer is? On the surface it seems like a good price, but I need to look more at what others are paying. Thanks
    Hi,

I actually got this deal from 3 different dealers. All are located in Chicago. I just picked up the car on Sat and wow it is amazing!
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Thanks
  • bzzboybzzboy Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    Which dealer did you go to ?
  • chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    Rallye-if you post your email i will give you the salesmans name-and my name,
  • mb5jmb5j Member Posts: 2
    could I also have the salesman's name. Thank you.

adlee16@gmail.com
  • mb5jmb5j Member Posts: 2
    Hello. Which Chicago dealerships quoted you this price? I am also in the market. Thanks
  • jbrad721jbrad721 Member Posts: 3
    haven't done the compare yet, but will. What did you pay for your 09?
    Several dealerships:

Motorworks, Knauz Motors, and Loeber Motors.

Hope that helps...
  • chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    See my post #475. I think that is the info you are looking for.
  • solot2solot2 Member Posts: 1
    New here but didn't see a solution, so thought I'd ask:)
    I'm keeping my E320, no questions, no doubts - she has run like a well made Mercedes since I bought her and regular maintenance has kept her that way, so that's that! What I'm looking for are places to compare having the body restored to showroom condition.

There are minor scratches in the paint, an ugly 1" scrape from a commuter park-n-ride lot and the paint has oxidized on the hood. The leather isn't cracked or dirty, no body damage and guess it's more cosmetic than anything.

I was quoted $5,000 to strip her down to the nub and bring her back to life, new knobs for the door (those suckers fall off too easily) but that was before MB decided all parts had to come strictly from them.

Has anyone had their baby redone, I'm only looking to get ballpark estimate what this might run. Currently I'm in Washington state but will take it out of state for a reliable and conscientious shop.

Thanks for any suggestions...remember, I have no intentions of selling or trading this car in. She's simply beginning to show her age :blush:
    PS - That image is not my car!
  • beetle39beetle39 Member Posts: 4
    I closed this deal and took delivery 4-26-09 at Coggin MB in Ft Pierce, FL

E350 with:
    289 Wood Steering wheel,
    413 Panorama sunroof,
    P02 Premium II Pkg.

MSRP $61,045
    Selling/purchase price 48,000
    + Dealer Fee 599
    + Acquisition Fee 1,095
    + Prepaid maintenance 1,010 4 years
    Capitalized Cost $50,704

Down payment 3,960
    + taxes, tags, fees 580
    ( I elected to pay $5,000 in cash to keep payment under $500, so that was my total out of pocket. However, at 1%, it might be desirable to finance more.)

48 monthly payments of 476.53 + 21.04 maintenance
    TOTAL 497.57
    12,000 miles per year
    Residual 42% (25,639)
    Money Factor .00038 equal to .91 APR

With 21.3% discount and less than 1% cost of financing, this seems to be a pretty good deal.
  • shmulershmuler Member Posts: 8
    The price is a good deal of $48k but why lease already for 48 months no less. Does that maintanence includes tires and brakes which you most likely will need after 3 plus years of ownership and that will either cost you during or at the end of you lease so tack on another $1.5k for tires and brakes.

After 4 years you will have paid $476.53*48 = $22,873 + $5,000 + $1,500 for tires and brakes = $29,373. I am excluding what you are paying for maintenance. Plus your residual is still based on the $61k price not the $48k which is bringing down your payment. In this scenario I would already buy the car although it seems like your only concern is the monthly cost to be under $500. You could have bought a certified pre owned 2007 for $30k.
  • beetle39beetle39 Member Posts: 4
    I did consider those things you brought up. The prepaid maintenance covers only those items in the service book that must be done periodically. Tires and such are not included. Prepaying the maintenance saves about $350.

The effective interest rate of .91% makes the lease attractive. My total cost if I buy the car for the residual is still basically $48,000 plus interest, maintenance, taxes and dealer fees etc.

The $500 payment was strictly an arbitrary choice that doesn't really matter - just a preference. I would actually be better off if I let them roll more of the cost into the payments with only a .91% interest rate.

If I bought a 2007 for $30k, the interest rate would probably be around 7% and I don't want a used car. Different strokes.
  • arpanarpan Member Posts: 3
    I know the july incentive is 10k, should I wait to pull the trigger?
  • bettyblubettyblu Member Posts: 7
    Thinking about leasing or purchase E550 2009. Any special rates on the E550 or is it just limited to the E350 2009?
    :) Thanks
  • drdrilzdrdrilz Member Posts: 5
    no special financing rates for the E550.
  • vicvvicv Member Posts: 41
    Justs ordered a 2010 E350 Sport for delivery in Sindelfingen in Nov in conjunction with a vacation we'd planned. For ED, you pay invoice and the transportation charge is waived. You also get a free night in a hotel, they feed you and provide a couple of taxi passes to get to the factory. This is a base E350 with metallic paint the only option. The cost is $45,868 plus $399 doc fee, tax and tag. We were going to be over there anyway, so this saves the transportation charge and we don't have to rent a car to get around while there. We're really looking forward to bumming around Bavaria in a new E.
  • bettyblubettyblu Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the information :)
  • dennis30312dennis30312 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at leasing a 2010 E550 coupe in Florida. Options: Premium black leather, Premium 2, Appearance package, and Distronic Plus. The price is $68,590. I'm getting lease estimates with $10K down in the mid-$1000 range for 36 months with 12K miles per year. The lease payment seems high, I would expect it to be in the $900 range at most. The car is VERY NEW but has anyone leased the E550 coupe? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    $10K down? For E550 coupe? Are you serious? The best joke of the day :))))
    Wait 5-6 months and get it with no money down for about $950 a month.
    It's a new car and they will do anything to take your money, but in this economy -
    I'd give them about 6 months to chill out. You can get new S-class cheaper than this.
  • sshvhsshvh Member Posts: 13
    This does seem to be on the higher side - I was in a dealership earlier this week and see sub-1000 lease deals on the S550 with P2 package and about $ 7.5K down (all inclusive).

I expect used S-Class to be a major competitor to the new E which, appearance-wise may seem different from the old E but have the same engine - if you are particular about the E-Coupe, well shop around - you should get much cheaper deals.
  • frogger97frogger97 Member Posts: 21
    Hey there,

Can anyone tell me or share their experience with leasing a 2010, E350, 4matic with Premium 1 package?
    What is a good buying price for this. MSRP is $56, 645

Any tips would be awesome!
  • dennis30312dennis30312 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at leasing a 2010 E550 coupe in Florida. Options: Premium black leather, Premium 2, Appearance package, and Distronic Plus. The price is $68,590. I'm getting lease estimates with $10K down in the mid-$1000 range for 36 months with 12K miles per year. The lease payment seems high, I would expect it to be in the $900 range at most. The car is VERY NEW but has anyone leased the E550 coupe? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • jk7jk7 Member Posts: 36
    I'm trying to lease a 2009 350 in So California. Can anyone tell me what the current residual and MF are on 36 month 15k/year lease? I have read about an additional 4000 off if one joins a credit union? any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Call a few dealers. They are all pushing out the 2009's, so the deals may be changing.
  • countrymancountryman Member Posts: 1
    I just want to share my purchase information. I just got a brand new Mercedes-Benz E350 (with premium 1 package) MSRP=$57,425. I paid $39,000+tax+ fee, total about $43,200. I got a deal based on $10,000 (dealer cash back)+ $4,000 credit union member fleet incentive.
    Thanks for the info. Great deal! Enjoy your new E. What dealer? Was the credit union incentive limited to your specific credit union?
    Thanks
  • keithlcakeithlca Member Posts: 13
    Can you give more detail on which credit union is offering the incentive and the general area?
  • a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    Countryman, i have been hearing a lot about the credit union fleet discount, mind sharing which credit union and how the program works?

Thanks in advance!
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    Here is the link for Credir Union fleet discount. You gotta be a member I think. All it takes is $10 deposit.
    Just follow instructions.

http://www.amerfirst.org/loans_auto_mercedes_benz.shtml

Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Thanks for the link!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• in_power2002in_power2002 Member Posts: 21
    Just purchased 2009 E350. Price was $34,000. No options, MSRP 54,075. I got a fleet purchase price. 4 different dealers listed in SoCal from the zip code I used for my home on the fleet purchase program. All dealers were similar in price but selection is pretty limited as dealers are running out of 2009s.

Anyone who is a USAA member, this is via their MB purchase program.
  • a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    Congrats on new your car inpower2002, thats a terrific price!

There are no local E350's in my zip code are you allowed to use an out of state zip code?

Also would you be kind enough to look up the pricing for me if I provide you my zip?

Thanks much!
  • sai1sai1 Member Posts: 23
    Can u pls share the names of the SoCal dealers who gave you this deal?
    I didn't go into a dealer and haggle to get the price. I used USAA's car purchase web site. It provided price and dealers. I called one of the dealers and picked up the car the next day.

It was a standard discount and then any options, it was just adding the invoice price of the option. Anyone still looking for a 2009 E350 better get in soon though because I didn't have many to choose from.
  • sai1sai1 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the insight. I'm not a USAA member, so don't have access to the same website. Would you happen to remember which dealerships the site pulled up when you did your search? Appreciate the help.
    The ones listed for me were Laguna Niguel, Riverside, Long Beach, Encino. I'm guessing without USAA's buying service, the price one can get is still pretty good? From other forums I've read online, it looks like the USAA fleet price is the best people are getting but others are still getting real good prices. Good luck.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    Anyone ever negotiated a local deal on a new Mercedes that came close to the European delivery price? FYI, right now, it's a flat 7% off, no delivery charge, and then they throw in a few frills like a night in a hotel, a tour of the factory, and a meal plus taxi vouchers. It also includes insurance for up to 15-days, and drop-off in any of 12 cities. FF miles could make the getting there cheap, but I'd rather save them for later as next week, I'm blowing a bunch on a cruise/tour to Alaska. Another trip fairly soon is possible, but not in the current plans.

But, if I can save a couple thousand, it would still come out less expensive. Hassle is, you have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the car after you come home.
  • pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    I went to inquire about purchasing a 2009 E350 after the Smythe salesman sends me an e-mail stating "at least $14,000.00 off MSRP." After reading some of the posts, especially those in California where a lot of the buyers were getting 17K to 21K off MSRP, I felt comfortable that I might be able to purchase an E350 at a great discount - Wrong!

First, the salesman gives a turnaround story about being a fleet member and how fleet members take advantage of it's affiliation to purchase cars at discount. Then, he states $8,000.00 off for the Silver/Black combination. Lastly, the manager comes out with no 2.9% for 66 months financing when combined with discount. He states, it's either 2.9% or additional 2K. I also inquired about a ML350, in which the salesman states that Mercedes got rid of the fleet program at end of July. So, for all those who are getting the fleet discount in California, you are imaging it.....
  • ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    Wow! What a bunch of liars at that dealership!

Not sure I am surprised, but the salesman and the manager are wrong.

Greed...
    When I started hearing about the fleet member stories, I knew they (Smythe) were trying to maximize profit of their remaining 09 E350's. I may buy a CPO (2007) from RAB in Marin ($28,500), as most dealers have run out of their 09's.

Good luck to those who had the fortune of purchasing/leasing at these prices.
  • ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    You should contact Leann in Ft. Pierce, FL. I almost acquired my new 2009 E350 from her, but found a local dealership who had my second choice and after some arm-twisting, agreed to my price or MSRP less 15,000 (this is in July 2009 and before fleet discount).

Good luck!
    I just performed the USAA pricing for a 2009 ML350. Invoice 42,953 MSRP 45,475 USAA no haggle price 37,403. There's a fleet discount for every model, 2009 and 2010.
  • liililiili Member Posts: 7
    I went to the website and use the CAN 017862, which is listed in USAA. However, it does not work?
    Can anyone provide a valide CAN number? or tell me how to get one?
    Thanks,
    I have a list, but many are employees only, with some such as American Airlines Credit Union, San Diego Credit Union, San Francisco Credit Union and others. I was not able to find USAA on my list of CY09 Eligible companies for the fleet discount. I see an American First Credit Union of 017862 for members.
    Thanks for verifying the fleet discount.
  • stewdystewdy Member Posts: 17
    I just tried to print the fleet incentive form and I input the CAN for American First Credit Union (017862) and a message comes up that says that particular CAN is invalid. Is this true? Any ideas why this isn't working? Did MB catch wind of this loophole and shut them down? Thanks for any help.