Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,636
    The first thing I would do is contact Mercedes Benz Customer Service. You can do this by calling 800-367-6372 (it's their roadside assistance number, but I believe it can also connect you to customer service, as I have done this before). Ask them what the "conquest" amount is. They will tell you.

I have a suspicion that the salesperson is trying to pull something over you. If Mercedes Benz says the amount is $4000.00, don't buy the car at that dealership since they tried to scam you. Go to another dealership, get your best price, and "then" ask them to deduct the $4000.00. My guess is that it is still $4,000.00.

Be interested in finding out. Good Luck

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• gosox1gosox1 Posts: 17
    Thanks for that helpful suggestion. M-B CS said that the $4000 Conquest fee is good till Aug 31.

So here's the deal I have so far: $8500 off MSRP plus a service coupon for $150. They will probably have to swap/locate for similar E350. So if the dealer can keep a 3+% holdback of $1750, then I am figuring the dealer will have a profit of ~ $1700 or about 2.8%. And no trade/financing.

How does that sound to folks?

Thanks again.
    I knew the dealer was trying to scam you!!! I also checked and you are correct, it goes until the end of August.

If there is another dealership not too far away from the one that tried to scam you, I would go to that dealership instead. Besides, you might be able to get another $1000.00, or so off the price. Just make sure the other dealership is not owned by the same owners.

I just don't like doing business with scammers or salespeople who try to scam you. I have purchased 4 E350's from the same dealership here in south Florida because they are so honest and up front with me and those associates and friends I refer to them.

The deal you have sounds pretty good considering you do not currently drive a Benz, which would qualify you for an extra discount they have for repeat and good customers.

Good luck with whatever you do. I just recommend you go to one other dealership, lay the pricing on them, and see if they can beat it. Also, the other dealership might have the car you are looking for. Usually, if you select a vehicle they have in stock, they will discount the car a little more. Remember, dealers have to pay shipping of the car, which could cost $250.00 or more, depending upon where they have to import the car from.

Let me know how you make out.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• ex007ex007 Posts: 13
    Just pulled the trigger on a Palladium/black E550 Sport 4Matic, with Premium 1 Pkg, split rear seats, and panorama roof.

MSRP $67,175 (inc. dest. & del.)
    Sales price $57,900 (inc. Conquest incentive)

Also, got more than $2,000 on my trade than Edmunds said I should have, so a fair deal.

There were other dealers who would have gone lower, but I wanted to stay local.
  • kc_06kc_06 Posts: 15
    I am looking to buy an used 2010 E350 Sedan and would appreciate some help regarding what should be the fair price for 2 cars available at my local dealer...

Used 2010 E350
    Color: Palladium Silver
    Options: Premium1 and AMG sport, rear fold down seat and parktronic
    Interior: ashblack
    Mileage: 24K
    Price Listed: 47481

Used 2010 E350
    Color: Grey
    Options: Premium1 and AMG sport, Panoramic sunroof
    Interior: ashblack
    Mileage: 19K
    Price Listed: 48981

These are the prices listed.....both prices are below KBB value, but I have seen in this forum that people have bought new car with similar options at 48 or 49K. I am located in the bay area, so what price would be a good bargain price for either of these cars?

Thanks for the help.
    KC
    From my experiences, I would offer them $40,000 for either one of them. I checked with Manheim, which lists actual auction prices for these vehicles, and they are being auctioned at $35,00 to $37,000, depending on mileage and condition. If these are "certified" preowned cars, which Mercedes Benz, not the dealership, warrants for 100,000 total miles and 6 or 7 years, bumper to bumper, then i would offer $1500.00 more.

Remember, you can purchase a brand new E350 with the same equipment for $48000 to $49,000, with either the "Concquest" 4000 discount, a USAA discount, or similar. I would bring that up to them when negotiating. Why would you spend $45,000 on a 2010 when you can get a brand new 2011 for a few thousand more?

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks a lot for your response, this really helps. I also had that price in mind though what bothers me is that I should be able to get a new one for a little bit more. How do I get the Conquest or USAA discount?

I will propose this price of 40K for these cars, but will still look around for a used with < 10K miles with similar equipment....how much should the price vary if the mileage is < 10K
    edited July 2011
    If the 2010 has less than 10K miles, and is still certified by Mercedes, I might pay $1000 or $1500 more for the vehicle. Remember, it pays to get one that is certified, which most of them are. The dealer has to pay $1500 or so to have the vehicle certified. That extends the warranty to 100K miles.

The conquest discount applies only if currently own a luxury vehicle. As an example, if you have a Lincoln, BMW, Cadillac, Volvo, Audi, Jaguar, etc., you are eligible for a $4000 discount on a 2011 E Class. If you don't drive a luxury vehicle, but have an older Mercedes Benz, you can qualify for up to $4000 in incentive the dealer has available.

If you are a Veteran, you can join USAA (usaa.com). Once you've joined, in order to qualify for an incentive, you must have a policy or account with them. If you don't, you can take out a small policy on a piece of jewelry, which might cost $24.00 a year, like I did. Then, you qualify for their purchasing service.

You build your car and they tell you what they will give you for an incentive. Last month, it was $4000. I don't know what it is this month, but you can check. But remember, THAT IS $4000 BELOW INVOICE OF THAT CAR They will tell you what the invoice price is, less $4000, which brings the cost of the vehicle to the $48,000 range.

With the discounts available on a new E350, I believe it might be wiser to just purchase a new one for a few thousand more. IF you don't qualify for incentives, then the decision is up to you.

Hope this helps.

I do not know how to thank you....but you have been a great help. I am not a veteran so I cannot get the USAA discount. Also I drive an old 1997 Infiniti I30 (an old entry level luxury), since it is an entry level, that does not qualify me for a mercedez E class discount :-)

........based on these it seems that I am better off with an older car. But I agree that if I qualified for these incentives, it made more sense to get a new car.
    You don't have to be a veteran. If your parents, in-laws, spouse, ex-spouse served in the armed forces, you can qualify.
    That is correct. My Dad is a veteran, so he took out the insurance policy, then I was eligible for the USAA car buying service rebates. Even after he passes on, I still am a member, since membership is passed on the the next person listed on the membership. So long as you are listed on the account, you qualify.

They will ask you questions such as date of separation from the armed forces (if no longer active), etc.

Hi Guys, thanks for the help. But I still do not qualify for the USAA deal.....do you think that I can qualify for the Conquest deal, though I understand that I drive a pretty old car.

I am in the process of emailing to the dealar and set up an appointment for t'row and try to get one of the older cars that I listed earlier.....

Let us see whether they agree on my proposal...
    I do not know the specific restrictions on the conquest program, but if you currently drive an Infiniti, no matter how old it is or what model it is, I would think you would still qualify since you are going from an Infiniti to a Mercedes. You would not qualify for the conquest program if you are going to purchase a used vehicle. This only applies to the new 2011 vehicle.

Go into the dealer, make your best deal on a 2011 E class sedan and mention nothing about the conquest program. Then, lay on them that you expect the conquest discount of $4000, since you drive an Infiniti. I saw nothing in the ads for the conquest program about the age of the vehicle you are driving or the model.

Good luck.

• mb_rynamb_ryna Posts: 28
    I'm getting mixed messages on qualification for MB discounts. Does anyone know where a document or link exits?

Anyone can join USAA and attain most of their products (checking account, investments, etc). However, auto insurance is only provided to those that have served or are currently serving in the military (or married/divorced to someone who has served, any in-law whom may have served, or parents).

MB dealers that I talked to stated that you have to have the auto insurance, however some postings on this discussion board state otherwise.

How do I find out the official rules?
    We do not have their auto insurance (they are twice the cost of what I pay for Allstate here in FL). We have a small policy on a piece of jewelry, a ring, valued at $250.00. We pay 24.00 dollars a year for the policy, but I qualified for the $4000 discount on my new E350.

• kaushik91kaushik91 Posts: 10
    Hi Abacomike:

Yesterday i went to my local MB dealer. Between the palladium silver and Stee Grey, I loved the steel grey with panoromic sunroof. Anyways...we started negotiating and of course we did not reach a deal....since the dealer was not ready to come below ~47K. We found out during negotiation that this car came with Premium2 pkg and also night assist option, so the price was higher. I was direct to the dealer that I am not interested in any of these options so will not pay additional cost for these....and can wait till I get the correct car.....

Lets see...there is another 2010 with 17K miles with Prem 1 and AMG listed for 43K.....I will target this now....

Thanks for your help guys....I will keep you updated

KC
    You have to qualify for and purchase - even if only for one month - some type of insurance. It can be an auto policy but, as others have posted, it could be a personal property policy or something else. That said, the qualifications to purchase an insurance policy are the same: either you or someone who can or will claim you as a dependent must be eligible to purchase a policy. The easiest way is for either you, spouse or parents to have served in the military. Other alternative routes would be to have in-laws, uncle, etc. that would claim you as a dependent.

Of course, if you don't qualify for the USAA program, you may still be able to qualify for a $4k discount through the Conquest incentive. In fact, my dealer said they preferred dealing with the Conquest discount.
    Your dealer prefers dealing with the Conquest Discount because to get the USAA incentive, your dealer has to access USAA and get the coupon for you. YOu must have a membership card (usually green) or a number (found on the website once you are a member).

• kaushik91kaushik91 Posts: 10
    Hi Guys:

I just now closed the deal on my CPO 2010 E350 with the dealer. They called me and agreed to my proposal. I will pick the car on Tuesday....once they get it detailed and also get a spoiler. Here are the details of the car...

Model: 2010 E350
    Color: Steel Grey
    Options: Premium2, AMG Sport, Night Assist, Pano roof
    Marked Price: 48981
    KBB value: 50705
    My purchase price: 42000. (my initial offer was 41500....but I just added an additional 500 to close the deal....)

Thanks a lot to abacomike, who helped me to make the deal......if it was not for him, I might have started negotiating at a much higher price....I am no expert in negotiating car prices....so thanks to all the experts in this forum who help people like me to get a good deal....

I am sure some of you migh have got this car at 40 or 41K, but I am happy with my deal.

Thanks
    KC
  • raymmerraymmer Posts: 16
    I leased an E350 at the end of April using USAA. While I am a veteran, I do not have insurance with USAA. I have seen this before on here and in my case I didn't have to have insurance. What I did have to do is call them and get an authorization number from them. Once I got that I got the discount.
  • mb_rynamb_ryna Posts: 28
    Thanks for the comments. I, nor anyone in the immediate family, have been in the military. I did join USAA, but was hoping that there would be some products that they offer which would qualify me for a MB discount.

Sounds like it won't work out for me becuase I doubt I'd get an authorization number.
    Excellent! Good price for a 2010 with Prem 2 and all the other options. Thanks for the "thanks". I was in the car business as a manager for about 6 years after I retired from being a Principal (public) and Private School Headmaster. I learned alot of things, which I don't mind sharing with you guys.

Good luck with the car.

• fatcat71fatcat71 Posts: 75
    I am also in the market for a new/cpo 2010 MB E350 4matic, and would love to know the resourse that allows you to see what the dealers are paying at auction for these cars to allow for a more productive negotiation. I imagine that there is a geographic variable as well. Where is this data found? I am looking to find/buy the car within the next month, in greater NYC area (Fairfeild co CT). I am also eligible for the USAA discount, but the best price I have found so far for a New 11 E350 4matic with Prem 1 and back up camera is 49K still about 5-10K more then I really want to spend!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    First of all, what is the MSRP of the vehicle you want to purchase? Your USAA price will be $4000 below the "invoice" of the vehicle. Some dealers will also provide you with $1500 incentive on top of that.

I am going to guess that a 4 matic with Prem. 1 MSRP's at about $57,500.00. Invoice is about $52,500. Less $4000.00 is $48,500, less 1500 is about $47000 +tax, tags, etc.

The place where I go for pricing on auctions for preowned vehicles is Manheim. I have a friend who looks it up for me. That is the prices that are going for auctioned vehicles.

I paid $46600 for a 56495 MSRP vehicle down here in Florida. I got a great deal, but I usually do from my dealer.

Good LUck

• apintsapints Posts: 18
    Just leased a E 350 4matic from Ft Washington (Pa) Mercedes. Shop it at 5 dealers in area and got the following deal:
    car list $58,025- Steel grey- Prem pkg 1,split seats
    lease pay $639.32 for 33 mos including 3 yr maintenance, inceptions only down, 15,000 miles
    Salesman Doug and sales manager Frank treated me well and gave me the best price right away.
    I would recommend this dealership.
    Hi Abacomike:

Guess my luck. Yesterday I was supposed to get my car, but the dealer called me to say that the car was having some issue with starting and they are working on it. They have been working on the car since Monday, and still they have not been able to find the cause of the problem. So the GM of the dealership asked his used sales manager to get another similar car for me.......now I am waiting :-)

Just wanted to update you....I will keep you posted. I already notified the dealer that I am not interested in P2, so if they get a car with P1 and Pano, that would work for me, but in that case I will pay only 41K.....
  • skeefyskeefy Posts: 1
    Hello to my fellow edmunds petrolheads,

My wife and I are considering a purchase of a 2011 E-Class E350 Wagon (options below). I'm trying to get at what I should pay for this car. I'm aware of the $4,000 "Conquest" program that would be available to me since we are BMW owners right now.

However, when I view online pricing guides (paid reports from consumerreports.org or free data on truecar.com - link @ bottom), these make no mention of the $4k Conquest incentive. I'm guessing their data is out of date, and that I can take their "target price" and drop $4k from it. So instead of $58,783, I'd ideally pay $54,783. ** OR ** would folks recommend starting from, say, dealer cost...then giving them $800 for their efforts then subtract $4k to get to: $56,279 + 800 - $4,000 = $53,079?

I want to ensure that when I go out to my local dealer with this proposal that I will be in the ballpark and not wasting everyone's time.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

[2011 E350 WAGON - Sport, Capri Blue, Premium 1 pkg, Wheel pkg]

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/mercedes-benz/e-class-pricing/2011/7FBCE2F4/?z- ipcode=94549&optionInfo=6808463,6808452,6808448,6874416,6808481,6808477,6808484&- incentiveInfo=&colorInfo=846260,845960
    The conquest incentive is not mentioned in any of the pricing info sites. What I would do is go to your Benz dealer, get your best price on an E350, then lay on them that you also expect the $4000 incentive.

Don't go in and announce the incentive to them up front. YOu will find that many of them will not bring this up with the hopes they can get you to buy without knowing about the incentive, which means they pocket the $4000 for themselves.

Always go in; get your best price; then lay on them the incentive and that you are aware of it. IF they "hem and haw" that they know nothing about it, walk out!

While I would generally agree with not mentioning incentives until the end, there is a very real reason for doing so upfront: according to multiple sources, each dealer was only given so many Conquest incentives and when those are gone, they can no longer offer the discount. When I did my search, it was about 50/50 on the dealers that had incentives left and those that didn't. No sense wasting time with a dealer if they can't get you the discount.
  • fatcat71fatcat71 Posts: 75
    I have a question for you guys and want to test my logic. To buy a new E350 4matic with Prem 1 with the USAA discount in the Northeast I'm looking at somewhere around 47K. The dealers around here all have 1+ 2010 E350 4matic CPO and they are asking in the ballpark of 45K for these cars and all of them have at least 12k miles, some as high as 25k. Now, why would anyone pay the same price for a CPO that they could for a new car, so I have been lowballing the CPO cars sometimes shy of 40K, but I can't even get anyone to negotiate with me. Am I missing something. How can a CPO car, 2 years old with 25K miles only be 3k less than the same car brand new?? Ever heard of depreciation??

Also, does the invoice prince change? I'm thinking that the 2012 model will start to arrive soon and that the dealers here have a glut of the 2011 cars on the lot, so I would think that they might be motivated to move some cars, and would like to try and really cut a deal on any car they have sitting on the lot.

BTW, Abacomike, what was the additional 1500 rebate for???